Womens Running

Race shirt Friday - Supermoms (Read 29 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD yesterday, 4 with the stroller this afternoon.

TR: Friend who was supposed to watch R texted me in the middle of the night saying her daughter puked in her bed. R's godmother is feeling better post oral-surgery so he is with her today. Slept good last night. Woke up this morning and said he had to go potty, it was a such an impressive crap that I almost gave him two candies.

FR: Really wanted a hamburger last night, so I took R on a date to the bistro where they have GF buns. Mushroom swiss burger.. mmm. Unfortunately I didn't get to have fries because they were beer battered. R ate a TON of food.

NRR: Slept like the dead last night.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR- Forgot- R kept trying to dip his crayons in the ketchup and ranch that he got with his chicken and fries.

zorbs- LOL at B locking himself in the dressing room. I am still sore from my weak-ass workout on Tuesday, I don't know how you do it.

RG- R is being really social too- he was such a ham at the restaurant, he had the waitress wrapped around his finger.

Jen- sorry baby is outing you already. I told my boss really early, but its just the two of us here. Have you thought about getting a booster seat and letting J sit at the table like a big boy? R prefers it to the high chair.

cx2- sorry about the long meetings.

Ernie- Congrats, Auntie! Do they live close by so you can meet the new LO?

Strollermama- sorry about the school drama, have fun in Steamboat!

Mer- I missed that too- I thought that was Tuesday for wearing a race shirt. Not like I could to work anyways.

mzm- I must have missed the cheating Rp story?  Ya, glitter can be dangerous- I have a pair of glittery flats that gave me a nasty chafe on my ankle tendon.

Becky- good job on the stairs. I'm craving a really hardcore hill workout but DH's schedule is preventing it.

Mer- I'm having kind of a hard time with R being almost 2.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, nailed my tempo run today, my left hip is a bit stiff this morning but nothing bad.  RP and I are going to a Boston run tomorrow and doing an easy 5k, it's going to be nuts there, at least 500 people have RSVP'ed on the FB invite and I've been seeing it retweeted and fb'ed.  Not that 500 is a lot, but it's pretty busy for an informal run get together.  LR will be on Sunday.

TR - tired and weepy today.  She didn't nap yesterday, and went to bed fairly late, and then was up  by 7am, she will be napping today (hopefully!)

BR - only up once last night, but I forgot to turn up the volume on the monitor until 4am, all was silent when I did though.  The good part is that I slept straight from 10:30-4am, that's a lot of straight hours of sleep for me baby or not - I just don't sleep in long stretches ever.

FR - date night for DH and I!!  He had a bet with a wine rep and won, so she's taking DHs coworker and DH and I on a double date to a super nice restaurant.  We're having my Dad drop us off (feels very highschool-esq) so we can just pay for a cab home, and drink as much as we want - WOOOP!

NRR - my parents arrived last night, they are out today looking at some towns just south and west of here to see if they like the area and are then going with a real estate agent next week.  They are thinking of moving here from Saskatoon (6.5 hrs east of here) to be closer to us, and my brother's family.  It would be AWESOME if they did!!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I'm going to wear my Calgary Marathon race shirt from the marathon I DNF'ed to the run tomorrow.

RG - I'm not as experienced w/ marathoning, but I'd do the 10k, but not at 100% or I'd get injured, if you aren't worried about injury then go for it, it would be a decent test of fitness for the Full - not as good as a half but close enough.

eh - M has wanted to spend a ton of time outside also - it's going to be so much fun being home with her this summer!

Jen - Good luck telling your boss, I hope he doesn't let it influence his decision. Here telling your boss your are pgr is a job security guarantee bc they are too worried about being sued.

cx2 - ugh I hate meetings like that! I like working at my desk on my own and CAn'T STAND the politics of it all and meetings.

ernie - your FR sounds awesome! YAY congrats to your sister!

stroller - lol on skyping 3x's Smile UGH on the school drama, I hope your marks are still good on the 2 they are keeping.

mer - YUM on the cheesecake! I hope you can get home at a good hour tonight.

mzm - M loves my dad too - and he's here now, so she has a perfect companion to play with!

becky - YAY stairs Smile Have fun cleaning! I've given up on cleaning for my parents, my mom is never happy with my cleaning so I don't bother.

spike - ack on the childcare, glad that R's godmother could take him! YUM on the burger!

Marathonjen

Spike - Ugh to have to find another last minute sitter.  Glad R's godmother could come through for you.  Too cute about you and R going out to a bistro. Glad R ate so well too.  Glad you got some good sleep last night.  Do you sleep better when DH is there or not?  I sleep better when DH is not there...lol.

CA - Cool about the Boston run.  We had one in my area on Wednesday but I couldn't go.  There were close to 1000 runners there.  It was nuts.  How exciting that your parents might be moving closer.  I wish mine would...they live 3,000 miles awaySad

JOB UPDATE - Just talked with the principal...he's pretty sure that the other guy is coming back and therefore, I wouldn't have a job next year. He encouraged me to apply for other openings.  Then I told him about the pg and he just said congrats.  It wasn't a very promising talk but at least I know what's up.  I still feel like they don't care if I am here or not.  Guess I will have to be unemployed for a while until after baby then look for a new job in 2014.  I am feeling really down nowSad

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Jen - HUGS!! Sad  Maybe it'll turn out to be a great time of bonding with your kids!  Keep your chin up though, apply for jobs, sub, or just get a double jogger and run your arse off!!

runninmer

SO SORRY, JEN.  Cry

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- So sorry! At least you don't feel so up in the air now. Maybe you could find something part time/flexible or do substitute teaching?  Yes, I sleep better when DH is not there- he is a bed hog and puts off crazy heat when he's asleep- plus he does annoying crap like set alarms when he has zero intention of getting up. I swear I didn't even change positions last night.

CA- That would be nice if your parents moved closer! How far away is your brother?

runnergirl9508

Aw, hugs Jen!!! I hope you're able to find something quickly.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: srd. Legs are a little sore after my run yesterday but feeling good. My taper feels like I am doing barely any running. I am nervous that I have forgotten how to run. Two weeks down, one to go.

NRR: indoor play place and mall as it was 44 degrees. Bought a multiway bra at VS for summer clothes. optimistic given temperature. I thought we had summer here, but oddly not. I have been in cut off shorts for the last 4/5 days.

BR: had a blast playing today. I feel like I have done nothing other than playing around and playground supervision for days. I guess that's a good thing for DS. We have one spot in a local playground where DS and I lie on our backs with our heads touching and we point out things in the sky, like the leaves rustling above us or birds and aeroplanes. It is my favourite thing and really peaceful bonding moment with a non-stop toddler. Eating his body weight in everything. Always eating and is eating for what feels like hours.

FR: homemade amoeba cheese pizza.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Spike - So funny about R trying to dip crayons in condiments. He definitely inherited your DH's love of condiments! Glad you got your child care sorted out for today. Hopefully daycare lady gives you more notice in the future. My sister lives an hour away. She's expecting to be home from the hospital tomorrow, so I'll let her rest today and go visit them at home tomorrow.

CA - 500 people is a lot for an informal run! That will be really great. Good job on your tempo yesterday. I was just thinking...prior to this spring, our 5k and half PRs were quite similar. I felt like my speed really picked up when I was about a year post partum, so I'm thinking the same thing will probably happen to you and you are going to be PRing like crazy in fall race season!

Jen - I'm so sorry about the job. That feeling of not knowing what your next job will be is so stressful. But, try to look on the bright side, that you can maybe take a bit of extra time at home with the kids if you want. And that you have an opportunity now to look for part-time work if that's what you're leaning towards, and to find a new job and maybe make some new friends!

Bermy - I've never done a full, so I don't know from personal experience, but it sounds like you're having the taper madness I've heard other people describe. I'm excited for your fm - you are going to do great! Sounds like you and DS are having a great time. What is amoeba cheese?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Spike - my brother lives a half hour south of me, in a subburb of Calgary.

bermy - typical taper feelings, you're ready for this! We all put on shorts at 44 degress in the spring as we're so excited to see the snow leave! The playground trip sounds so fun, and your DS so sweet!

Ernie - My HM before M was 1:57, and my 5k 25 mins, so I had a huge improvement a year or so after her... not sure if I still have those huge improvements left in me or not, I'd be thrilled to get back down to those times, that just seem like a lifetime ago now!

RR - update there are almost 700 people who've accepted the invite to the group run tomorrow! RP and I are going to park a km away and jog to it as parking will be crazy!!