Womens Running

Welcome to Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 35 minutes on the track, then 35 minutes at home with a newer cardio DVD. It seems to work well, so I may buy it. I was tired after the intervals the day before so it was good that I ran shorter. I was feeling it in the legs.

Today will be a track run and then cardio. Out to eat after that.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Beautiful weather we're having here in MI this week.  So far, have done only TM runs in the morning (3 miles M, Tu and today) as my evenings have been busy with kid stuff.  I will try and get in a couple of outdoor evening miles tonight.

I did run a local 5k on Sunday, ended up running it in 23:52 (no chip timing, but stopwatch matched my Garmin).  Was first female, but it was a small race and they just went with medals for overall top 3 (I think I was 7th overall).  It was fun and for a good cause (MS).

Judy - have a good workout and dinner tonight!

Lisa - I love all of your DWD pics!1

Carol - how was the bleacher workout?

Sue - 62 is perfect running weather!

Camille - how was the race?

Hi Shadow, Marjorie, Damaris!!

Hi to Tessa **waves**

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

Beautiful day here today in Ohio.....we do have spectacular Autumns, (usually)  3 miles this morning and I am still apprehensive running in the dark!

Next weekend, I, my DD and GD are all registered to run a local 5K...it is a fund raiser for the schools.  It will be so neat to run with my family, can't wait!  I do think my GD will be a little surprised that it may be harder than she thinks it is though, but we will do fine.

Lisa...that DWD does really look fun....hard, but fun!

LC....Yay for first female, that is wonderful, I don't care how small the race was!

Hi to all!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bike ride this morning w BF.  Stayed with him for a while then dropped him when I hit the beach.   Wink

Sad news here.  One of the ladies from the running club was struck by a car and killed while riding her bike yesterday afternoon.  She was crossing HWY 90 on the beach in Biloxi.  Used the crosswalk, waited for the signal, and was hit by a car.  So sad.  She was really sweet--63 years young, still racing after a hip replacement.  She was one of the first people I met when I joined the running club.

Judy--you are so good with the cardio DVDs.

I changed my avatar.  This was last weekend's race on the causeway.

LC--congrats on the first female.  That is A fast time!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I have 6-7 miles tonight.  Last night's 7 went well.

Judy, enjoy your workouts and dinner out.

LC Runs, nice job on the 5K.

Ginny, sounds like a fun family event.  Enjoy!

Sue, love your new picture.  Sorry about your friend's passing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello all. Did an abs/core workout this morning while watching Biggest Loser and walked to the credit union at lunch.

I'm in the midst of a search for the perfect running shoe again.  About 3 or 4 years ago, I transitioned into minimalist shoes after a bout with achilles tendonitis (AT). Since then I've used many different kinds, including Inov-8, Saucony, VFFs, Luna Sandals and Merrells. My AT is being cranky again. I think I may need a little more cushioning. I ran in my Altra Superiors yesterday, and it seems better.  Now I've ordered a pair of Merrell Bare Access Ultras to try. I tried the new Altra One2 and liked them, but the toe area is rather shallow in volume (my toes hit the upper). So here we go again. My new Merrells should be in today so we'll see how it goes.

I'm toying with the idea of running a hilly HM on Nov. 1. A co-worker mentioned running it and I'm thinking about it.

Judy - Good job with the workouts

LC - wow, speedy 5k!

Ginny - the 5k next week sounds like fun. I saw a grandmother running the HM I did on Saturday with her 2 teenage granddaughters. Its so cool to see families racing together!

Sue - so sorry to hear about your friend.

Docket - hope you have another good run.

Arimathea

Tessa

I am back! Spent the last four days at a convention and didn't have time to do anything that wasn't convention or (paying) work related. I did manage to get a short run in each day but that was it.

Lisa, great pictures! Love the drying shoes. Someday maybe I will do DWD Hell.

Susan, I am sorry about your friend.

Cindy, hope the shins feel better.

Ginny, re the cramps, I have heard that chewing on a couple of Tums can help relieve the cramps. You might try it -- it couldn't hurt. Good for you for toughing it out anyway.

Camille, go weigh in -- WW scales have to be calibrated by the county's weights & measures people just like the produce scales at the grocery store, so the weight should be accurate.

Marjorie, sorry you missed a few runs.

Shadow, thanks for the tips on passing the time in some races!

Laura, congratulations on the placement, I think they should have medals for at least the top three women as well as the top three men.

Judy, I wouldn't know what it is like to run WITHOUT a few extra pounds...

Happy belated birthday, Damaris!

Waving to all others.

4 this morning with RN, who I haven't seen in nearly a week. She and her DH went to her cousin's wedding in Virginia.

I just looked at the calendar and Karen and I are doubling in 2.5 weeks...eep!

Judy-nice to find a new video that you like!

Laura-TMs?? now? no!  congrats on first female!!

Ginny-so fun to run with the family.  don't forget those fast twitch muscles that the darn kids have.

Sue-so sorry to hear about your friend.  hugs.

Damaris-what is the next race for you?

Shadow-shoe shopping can be frustrating.  I'm good with Ghost's for now.  not at all minimal but they work for me.

Tessa-let me know and we will try to "arrange" a spot for you on the team.  Or there is a 50k.  on a non-5 year course it is pretty much just a nice trail race.  But the relay is the fun part. woohoo for your double!

Did weights this morning and had a very bad eating day.  It was "Nacho Ordinary Wednesday" where we had a nacho bar as a fund raiser.  hopefully that will be my first and last time of ever eating nachos for lunch.  groan.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nothing. The hotel they put me in even though a few blocks from where I usually stay I can't run here. There aren't any sidewalk by this one and I don't want to play frogger to get to where I usually run. Tomorrow I will have to drive and the run. At least I have a trash bag so I won't get the rental  car seat drenched and gross. Cloth seats so not like I can wipe them down.

Busy day today  Training all day with new people.

Sue  sad news. Just highlights you never know even being careful etc.

welcome back Tessa

shadow  I don't  do minimal. You'll have to try a few different shoes and see how they feel.  So how some shoes work for one can be the worst for others. You just don't know.

Marjorie

Pain in the butt. Literally. Rolling and stretching but right cheek has that fun stitch type of pain. I'm sure it's from lifting something the wrong way.

Like me lifting myself over a tree or up a hill. Or run sit run sit run sit sequence.

Lisa