Womens Running

(Over 40) Hit the garage Friday (Read 16 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off we go

As in hit the wall but garage instead.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So nice wake up to dh deciding to open his SUV hatch as the garage door was opening. There isn't enough room to do that. So it caught the door. Didn't damage the truck. One of the garage panels popped on one side off but seems okay. Didn't bend it. I put the wheel back on the panel and put the panel back. Haven't hit the opener to close it yet as don't want to wake up the neighborhood if it is really messed up and crashes. Pulled my car out just in case. Glad I'm the handy one. Hoping it is fine and won't have to call any garage people.

Trying  not to laugh as dh was pretty upset.  Now to go run.

karen I cannot believe people took your package. Time to get a drop off place it sounds like.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, my best wishes for you with the wall.

Thursday the breathing was going very well so I kept going for 65 minutes. During that time I was able to whittle my sprint down to 20 seconds 3 times.

Today I plan to try out another walk/run DVD from my very own library.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

osted: 6/6/2014 at 7:47 AM

Awwww Karen, I hope you have a better day today.   That really sucks about the packages, but do check to make sure they weren't delivered to the wrong address, you never know.  Also sorry you had a bad run, but yours are usually so good, I am sure yesterdays was just a fluke.

3 miles this morning, felt kind of tired.  Saw another first today....as I was running, a man was walking towards me singing and strumming a guitar!  When I ran past him he said " you're joggin and I'm jammin"  Aside from the fact that I hate to hear the word "jogging"  it was neat!  You never know what you are going to see or run into on an early morning run  Who would think a guitar strummer at 6 a.m.!  The other morning there was a man's pair of pants, with belt, in the middle of the sidewalk....don't know about that one, LOL!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!  Meeting was late last night, so I got home late and was putting up groceries till 1000.  Couldn't get up this morning.  Hit snooze for 40 minutes and drug myself to the pool.  Think I will go home at lunch.  Ready for some ME time!

Karen--that sucks!!

Have a great day!

camille2

Morning!

Karen, I sure hope your day goes better! Bummer on losing your stuff!  Could things be shipped to work?

ginny, i love the guitar story.  The pants?  That might have made me nervous. : )

marjorie...poor hubby.  I messed up a garage door once. Hope it's ok.

I was a wreck during that ride to the airport.  I'm another who prefers waiting at the airport. I'd taliked to them  Sunday before I bookedthe ticket to confirm days available and after to schedule the ride. I called10 min after the pickup time and they had forgotten already!  blamed their computer. Once we hit 515/575, the guy drove over 80 until we hit traffic (another reason I was a wreck).  We were able to use the HOV lane which helped.  Once we hit the airport though, it was like the waters parted for me. Not one person in line-all at gate.  I was prechecked again without paying for it, a weird but wonderful thing, so breezed right thru security. When I got to gate, the plane was late by about 15 min so I even had time to hit the bathroom.  My cabin is so far out, there are limited options when the trip is too long for park and ride.  I do plan to explore them again though!

Anonymous Guest

Wow - Title Nine has already responded, asking me to give my address to confirm they sent to the right place and so that they can send me a replacement order. This one was sent USPS. They usually just stuff the package into the mailbox, but it must not have fit this time - I didn't order that much I don't think! My running shoes (and a hoodie) from Brooks were sent 2-day Fedex. Haven't heard from them yet. Last night I googled "what to do if my package was stolen from my doorstep" and the first thing they say to do is contact the sender to initiate a search with the shipping company. So that's what I did. I also found out that we could get reimbursed by Visa if they were stolen since that is what I used to buy them. Kind of a pain to deal with. And it just makes me sad that someone would take them and will get away with it. I did ask my neighbors, nobody had them or saw anyone take them.

Tonight I have PIlates. Not until 6:30, so if I get home at a decent time, I'm going to try to fit in a few quick miles first. We are just having really beautiful weather here - low 80s and low humidity. It's supposed to stick around tomorrow, so good for my 10K. I just hope I feel less sluggish and slow than I did last night for that!

Oh Marjorie, poor DH and poor you for having to fix it! I bet he's kicking himself. At least the new car wasn't damaged.

Nice running and breathing Judy!

Thanks Ginny. You see some.....interesting....things out there!

Susan, the snooze button has been my friend lately. I was almost late to work yesterday and had to park on the fifth floor of the parking garage! I'm usually on 3 or 4, which is actually one reason I switched my hours to come in earlier. The elevators are horribly slow and often broken and climbing 5 flights at the end of the day kinda sucks.

Camille, that whole experience would have made me a nervous wreck! I'm glad you survived and made it there. I may have to start having things shipped to work. It's a pain, because I'll have to take stuff home on the train, which can get really crowded, but at least it won't get stolen if it's delivered to my office building.

Damaris, are you traveling today? Is race run with Mr. Docket Sat or Sun?

DH says next time he works from home he's putting an empty box on the front step as a trap. And now he's trying to talk me into a puppy again since Jake can't hear to bark at people stealing stuff!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, like anyone would be warned off by Jake barking unless they were allergic to dog lick or wearing an outfit made of Milk-Bones. Hah.

Sorry you had the packages stolen, that stinks. I'm betting kids. School's out in your area, right? Or finals week?

Marjorie, lucky you are handy. Hope the car is OK too. DH once tried to drive out of our garage (when we could still fit a car in it) without closing the back of the van. Not good for the car, the garage door had no issues but it was one of those big old wood slab doors.

Camille, scary ride to the airport! Glad it all worked out, though.

Ginny, how funny with the guy playing the music. Not sure on the pants with belt lying on the sidewalk. Somebody's got some 'splaining to do. (A little while back I was out on a run and passed a spot at the side of a rural road with female underwear and bra lying on the shoulder. I'm guessing someone got dressed in a hurry after *whistle* and didn't bother with her unders.

Judy, yay for your 65 minutes!

Susan, enjoy your half day. ME time is good.

I am also taking a half, heading out at noon to go home, pick up stuff, scoop cat boxes, water plants, and drive up to Shadow of the Giants. Race tomorrow and then driving back afterwards. Really looking forward to this! (We should have that as the forum convention event one year. Gatsby, you really need to do this!) 4 easy this morning. 2.6 last night while the car had a new radio/CD player installed since the old one was kaput. It was 92 out so I was going fairly slowly.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. They are coming to adjust the door this evening. It is a bit crooked and I can't do that type of adjustment. He is lucky it didn't rip off the door to the SUV or fall on both our cars. I need to unplug the opener. Just in case so if dh gets home before the repair guy he doesn't accidentally out of habit hit his opener in the car. I've left it open. I can also see one of the cables for the opener is not wound right. Sigh.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

4 miles. My Pilates instructor had to cancel because she was sick. I had grand illusions I was going to do the DVD I have.....but I did not.

Missing package update: 2 emails this evening. One from Title Nine telling me they mailed a replacement package and if in the meantime the other package showed up I should just return it with the free return label in the package. And one from Brooks telling this loyal customer that has bought all her running shoes from them for at least the last four years that fedex shows the package delivered, so there is nothing they can do and I should contact fedex. Fedex says the shipper should initiate any claims, but I went ahead and did it. I have a feeling I'm eventually going to have to call Visa to get reimbursed for this one. And I may go to my local running store and try on some different brands of shoes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel