Womens Running

It's Saturday Supermoms (Read 279 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Ladies- happy weekend!! RR: planning on a long run of 11-12 today. Ran 4 with R in the stroller after work yesterday and felt great! ----TR: plays tag now! It's so cute. ----- NRR: Christmas shopping later today. Mailed my SS gift yesterday, should arrive next week! Good luck Jnmiller on your trail race today!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

...woke up still drunk..I had 3 gin & tonics last night...

RR - hosting a DM meetup for around 10 people this morning.  I have little papers with the route all printed out, but it has a lot of turns and I hope no one will get lost, but I bet someone will.  At the last DM meetup, we ran an out and back and the group I ran with STILL got lost! We're running my 8 miles of crazy hill route.  That should get rid of my hangover.

TR - woke him up at 615 when I stumbled downstairs to the bathroom.

FR - hosting that family Christmas dinner. Ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus.

NRR - I was drinking and eating chili parmesan popcorn while doing my nails last night and I see I have a piece of cayenne pepper embedded under the layers of topcoat. ARGH I'll have to redo that finger before I go out.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Tebs523

Hi girls! I haven't been able to get on here, but I am sitting at work right now and my client cancelled, so I am just messing around. (This is Lisbet btw)

RR - was going to run outside, but woke up to rain. may whimp out and run here on the TM or may run outside when I get home....we'll see. 

KR - with their dad for the wknd. I miss them when they are gone, but good to have a little break from the chaos. 

NRR - was out last night with a friend for some karaoke, (didn't sing, I'm too nervous), and it seems that i attract mostly older men. I'm talking 40 and much older. A friend of mine said i just give off that vibe? I guess I prefer older men over guys my age...I'm kind of done with 29 yr old boys!

FR - need to cut back on carbs...I think before AF comes I go carb crazy and now I'm paying for it. I think it's the BC, though...any one else have issues with their BC? This new brand I am on is making me crazy.

strollermama

Teb - What brand are you on?  I have a mirena and it is driving me a little crazy right now.  But I don't really do well with any type of BC.

RG - Have a good run and fun shopping.

Zorbs - I am impressed, an 8 mile run with a hangover!  What does DM stand for?  Good luck with the dinner.  You have a busy day.

RR:  Not sure yet.  Will decide when we get home from shopping later.

BR:  He is just a little dynamo in the morning.  I love him.  Still so much energy despite being sick.

NRR:  Since we didn't end up going away this weekend, we are heading to Raleigh today to do some shopping (mostly returns from online purchases).  Hopefully I can finally get some bras that fit.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Spoke too soon on hitting my 20 miles this week. Its gonna be more like 17. We had 40 mph winds last night and an impromptu meeting with our builder so it didn't happen. Going to try to do 5 this afternoon.

BR: Has had an attitude problem yesterday and today. Meltdowns and fits. I'm trying underwear on him today while we are at home to see how he does, so far he's doing good with PT and has learned to say potty.

FR: Pizza last night. Nom nom. Gotta use up those chicken thighs today.

NRR: Taking R down for Santa pictures today. 

runnergirl- R was hiding from me last night and thought it was hilarious. Funny how they pick up these games so easily.

R is calling, I will be back for more personals at naptime.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Patty- hope the run with the DM group went well and no one got lost! Good for you with the hills- i ran a seriously killer hilly route today too. haha on the popcorn fingernails! hope that christmas diner goes well today- is anyone else bringing anything- dessert, etc?

Teb- hi! good to see you on here. bummer about the rain, hope you can get a good run in today! enjoy your quiet weekend at home- must be weird not having the boys around. i'm wayyy too chicken to ever sing karaoke...even drunk. ha!

shelby- have fun shopping!! are you still bf'ding DS? i am, and have given up on bras until i wean him. right now i'm just living in cami's under sweaters/shirts. it's working so far, and i hate wearing bras anyways...ha.

spike- i hope you hvae good success with the potty training! i'm super impressed with how well he's doing already! hope you can get a nice 5 miler in today! enjoy the Santa pics too!

RR2: back from 11.2 miles, super hilly route, but i felt really strong and was surprised at my pace. Plank: 2x 2:30 today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

twinmom_112002

ER: Planks done (in my living room this time)

RR: Only managed 3 of my scheduled 4 yesterday because I was completely bored on the treadmill despite watching a sex and the city rerun.

KR:  DS is grounded for his behavior at school (not the school work stuff but a different incident). Means he is restricted to his room. The kids are getting around this ... all the kids are just hanging out in his room. Haven't decided if I am going to put a stop to it or not. Probably not.

NRR: Getting everyone ready to head out the door to an all day soccer tournament. Its a wet and foggy day here so I am not looking forward to sitting out for 2 hours this morning, killing time and then sitting out for 2 hours this afternoon. Thankfully the field is close to where my dh teaches so we might go hang in his room and play with the clay (he teaches ceramics).

Patty: Not only high mileage but hills drunk. You reallly are a supermom. I have a plank question. I have always done them straight arm. After seeing your instructional post I did it bent arm today. My shoulders did not like it. My arms were vertical (not sloped). Hints?

runner: Tag is great cardio :-) Enjoy your long run.

lisbet: Enjoy your kid free weekend. As sad it is to be away from them its nice to have time to regrow the fuse. Were any of the 40yr olds cute?

shelby: Enjoy your shopping trip! Are you planning a nice lunch out anywhere?

spike: I just had an image of your ds on santa's lap in underware and him peeing on santa. It would be a great story for when he is older. But then again I am twisted like that.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - ran 10k this morning. I was supposed to do a virtual race to raise money for Statin Island and hurricane relief, I did not race the 10k ... it was cold and early and my arse is super sore from my workout yesterday. Temp with windchill was -25C (-13F) according to my phone, so I'm taking a pass on the 'racing' part of it.

TR - took the dog with me and with racing around excited to go with me he woke up M, ooops, oh well DH had to get up shortly anyway.

BR - has been pretty fussy the last couple days, red cheek, watering eye (but that might be a clogged tear duct...)

NRR - M has her first xmas church thing tonight, the preschoolers are singing away in a manger (I think... we haven't been able to get a definate answer from her). I'm super curious to see if she actually sings infront of a crowd.

RG - have a good run today!

zorbs - those must have been strong drinks!

Tebs - welcome! Ugh I hate bcps! I just got a Mirena and hope I like it. If not I think dh will have to step up and get snipped.

spike - bummer on the missed run yesterday. Good luck with the PT'ing!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

twin - ack for got about the planks!  I need some time to recover, will do them this afternoon, thanks for the reminder.

twinmom_112002

CAR: Holy cold batman....what is the other workout that you are doing that my your arse sore? I could use some cross training as I prepare for my next Mexico trip. Saw your picture on facebook this morning. Your running partner did look happy to be going with you.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

twin - do you have an iphone?  It's an app on the phone called Nike Training Center, it's awesome.  

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Made plans with RP to run at 4 tonight- its always risky planning to run in the afternoon because life can intervene when you don't just get it out of the way.

zorbs- dinner sounds good. I always like to do oven dishes for large groups because its less work and hard to screw up.

lisbet- my doctor just switched me to Orthocept from ortho tri cyclen because of my ovarian cysts and I hate it already. It makes me way bitchier and have no sex drive. I didn't have much PMS leading up to AF though. I have to admit that I am sometimes jealous of my divorced sister because she gets to sleep in every other weekend, and my kid wakes up before 6 am EVERY DAY.

shelbyjo- have fun shopping!

Runnergirl- your running always impresses me.

twinmom- I am going to put a diaper on him when we go out for errands. Or at least this cloth diaper shell/swim diaper thing my stepmom made for him.  SOrry DS is in trouble. I took a couple ceramics classes in college and loved them. I thought I wanted to go for an art degree when I was in HS, but I'm glad I changed my mind because my creative energy is really inconsistent.

CA- that will be so cute to watch M sing Smile R had really watery goopy eyes and I had to massage his tear ducts a few times a day or his eye would get glued shut. Good job on your super cold run!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- Oh yeah. Last night when I got home from work DH is all "look what I got in the mail, isn't this cool?" and proceeds to show me the EXACT thing I got him for Christmas. He looked at me with a puzzled look when my face got an angry look on it, and he says "I don't even remember ordering this, I must have done it on nights." Then I realized he just accidentally opened a package I thought I had shipped to work. Oops. At least he likes it. DH never wants to wait until Dec 25 to exchange gifts, he gets really excited and wants to do it earlier.

CTimesTwo

DH is putting C down for a nap so I'll post really quick..

RR - 9.3 solo miles.. started raining the last couple miles and it was cold...

BR - thinking it's time to up her solids.  She wolfed down her lunch and looked at me as if to say, Is that all?  Then she actually nursed soon after ... usually she doesn't feel like nursing until way later.  So tomorrow will give her a bit more at lunch and see how she takes it.

NRR - still not done shopping... usually I'm done by November.  DH isn't helping me with ideas for his side of the family.

Teb - i'm pretty sure I tried every BC on the market before I found one that didn't make me feel messed up or mess up my cycle... it was Diane-35 that worked best for me... everything else made me break out, or cause nausea, or I'd have spotting for months...

Sorry no time for more personals... apparently C doesn't like when DH puts her down for a nap and wants me...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Lisbet - I have always wanted to go to karaoke but since a lot of my friends are trained musicians, going out to sing would be considered more work than play. Shelby-I do almost every LSD hung over, just today's was a lot worse than usual. DM is dailymile, its like fb for runners. spike-just saw a boy T-shirt that said hide and seek champion, sounds like that could be R.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/