Womens Running

Weekend Labor Day over 40 (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.2. Now to get hair done and then some errands

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Guess who taped her foot and ran 3 miles yesterday? This girl! Didn't hurt after or later that night. And I managed to wear the strassburg sock all night and when I got up this morning, no pain. I know it's not all better, but it is tolerable right now and I think if I continue with the rolling and stretching and icing and stuff, just maybe I can get through this. I'm having second thoughts about even running my goal marathon - it's not a new state, my friend that was driving out with me has not been training (life got in the way) and may not go, I'm probably not going to run as well as I want, I don't want to hurt myself more, I have two flat marathons later in the year (December and January). I don't know, I'm probably just feeling fat and lazy from not running.

Pilates in a bit, may try another short run before or after.

Morning Marjorie! Morning all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning! It was chilly here, 43, but clear and sunny. I had to break out my thin gloves.  Ran half hour and am hiking at noon. It's at Alyeska, but it's supposed to be easy.

Karen, woo-hoo on the run. It seems logical to me for you to change your goal race to one of the others you're doing.  Lazy isn't a word I'd use for you.

Lisa, I'm glad you got into N. Country!  You have come so far in the past year.  It gives me hope.

Marjorie, woo-hoo on another double digit run.

BTW, I found out more info on that Ridge to Bridge (Peak to Creek) marathon.  After it sold out in 17 min in 2012, they changed the registration to a lottery and it sounds like it was frustrating for runners and staff. They also increased limit from 350 to 400. They changed registration back to first ones to sign up this year. I liked the RD and race so hope it works out.

Have a great day!

Happy LONG weekend!  Did a lovely 8.25 mile run this morning with my running club.  The sun is out and it's a beautiful day!  Unfortunately that means lots of cars on the roads as folks come out to visit the beaches, so I will not be venturing to far from home today.  A local church is having a book sale so I might ride my bike down to check it out today or tomorrow.  Need to stock up!

Hi Marjorie.  Hope the haircut goes well.  Sort of a silly question, but when you get your hair done after a run, do you wash it before you go in?  I hate going in to get my hair done when my hair is a sweaty mess, but my hairdresser says it's better that way since the color takes better in dirty hair than clean hair.  But it still gives me angst (1st world problems, I know!).

Karen, hooray for improvement in the foot!  If the goal marathon isn't really that important to you, maybe give it a miss and choose another one as your goal race?

Camille, running in clear, sunny, 43 degree weather sounds wonderful.  Give me cold over heat any day.  But not TOO cold, haha.

Waves to everyone else!  Enjoy the weekend.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby yes. My hair is a sloppy mess after a run. I have to wash it. My hair has always taken color etc (like perms back in the day) really well so I don't worry about it.

Karen glad the tape helped.

Got ot all my errands done too. Pups have big bag food and treats, got dh some allergy meds and trash bags and went to the outlet for new regular bras. Now just relaxing.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

7 this morning,  7 more this evening. I will not let the fall from yesterday evening stop me running.

ginnyb

Tessa....you had a fall?  Did I miss reading that.  Hope you did not hurt yourself!

Ran only 3 miles yesterday, but felt pretty normal, slower, but normal.  Planning on a semi-long run tomorrow morning.  I am doing Woodstock with Lisa next Saturday.  I haven't been getting in my long runs, so I hope I can do it.  So afraid of cramping up again or falling, but I can't be thinking that way.

Marjorie...glad Quincy is better.

Karen...good the PF seems better.

My granddaughter, Mikayla, played her first football game yesterday.  It was really fun to watch.  She played the whole game and did well.  She was supposed to play tight end, but she weighed in 2 pounds over weight, so she had to play defense...she did well. She will be 12 in October, she loves all sports and would play them all if she could.  Sorry for the bragging, but that's what grandma's do!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Just hanging out and drinking coffee and feeling sorry for myself. I ran 5 miles yesterday afternoon, felt great at the time, a little foot pain later that night. I was supposed to do a 20 mile race north of Baltimore this morning, but decided if my foot hurt when I got up, I'd blow it off. I blew it off, seemed like a stupid thing to do if my foot was hurting the morning after a 5 mile run.

camille, sounds really nice where you are right now. I wouldn't know what to do with 43 right now - when we have the occasional morning in the low 60s I shiver on my walk to work.

Gatsby, your day sounded awesome yesterday, although I imagine the sunshine did bring out a lot of people.

Tessa, fall? That sucks, but at least it doesn't seem to be slowing you down. That's a nice double.

Ginny, very cool about your granddaughter. She played the whole game - that's awesome. And try not to worry about Woodstock, it won't be like a road half where you're pushing all the time. Walking is okay, and there will be lots of other people out there running the longer distances - there will definitely be no sag wagon hovering! Just enjoy the day and catch up with Lisa.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Enjoying a lazy Sunday morning.  All three of my birds are hanging out and being good (no one is chewing on the sofa, trying to throw my coffee mug off the counter, or screaming at a cat outside).  I'm drinking coffee and pondering whether to sign up for a trail 50k in September.  I haven't been training for it, but I've done some long trail runs while preparing for the marathon last weekend, and feel good.  Several RC friends are doing it and of course, they're egging me on.  That's what running friends are for, right?  Surprisingly, my DH said he'd do it too, if I signed up.  He seems to have forgotten saying that HMs or less are more his thing.   I'm going to a used book sale a little later this morning, yay.

Tessa, hope the fall you mentioned wasn't too bad?

GinnyB, take your time at the HM next weekend and get enough nutrition and electrolytes, and I think you'll do better than you think you can.  Injuries have a way of messing with our confidence, and I know your fall wasn't that long ago.

Karen, I think you're being wise by calling off the 20 mile run so no pity party for you!     Sounds like the foot just needs more time to heal and good for you for paying attention to it, so that it doesn't become worse.

Hi to everyone else!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 11.5.   Ended the month a bit above were i thought I'd be. Did 272.5. Thought I'd be between 260 and 270. Not bad with no real long run (long run for meSmile )

Karen take care of the foot

Tessa hop the fall didn't rack your knee!

Gatsby thinking if your birds screaming makes me laugh.

Ginny you'll do great!

Marjorie

Marjorie -- My blue and gold macaw must have had a bad experience with a cat before we got her (she's a rescue) since she freaks out if she sees a cat anywhere outside, even up the block and on the other side of the street!  She thinks she needs to warn the flock (us) by screaming at the top of her lungs, not realizing we are not scattered across the Amazon rainforest as her ancestors would have been.

camille2

Had a really nice 5.5 mi hike yesterday afternoon in the northernmost rainforest at Alyeska. There's a hand powered tram over a gorge and a couple guys on both platforms pulled-we flew over. Great fun! I don't know if the two of us could have done it without them.  Today I biked.  Tomorrow we're trying again to hike Lost Lake because the weather is supposed to be good...cross fingers!

Did I mention that I signed up for Bull City in mid Oct?  I'm trying to decide if I should sign up for another or wait.

Karen, it sounds like you made a smart decision to forego the race. Did you take a look at  Wharton's simple solutions? No idea if it works but I read an article a while back about their work with elites and am curious.  http://www.runnersworld.com/running-times-whartons-simple-solutions

Ginny, good luck on your long run and congrats to you GD.  Funny...our sports page had an article on local high school girl's flag football today.  I had no idea they had it.

Marjorie, impressive miles.

Hi, Tessa.

Gatsby, so did you sign up?  I'm with you on preferring the cooler temps, but it's definitely fall here and it's just a little earlier than I'd like.  Better than 90 any day though!

Arimathea

Tessa

Fall: Friday evening. I tripped on a small bump of asphalt on the pavement and went down. Good news is  that the nose is not broken,  bad news is that it's skinned and I have two black eyes. It was bleeding mightily right after impact.

Howeve,r I did manage 7 yesterday morning and 7 more in the evening, plus 8.2 this morning. Hot and humid here.

ginnyb

Tessa....well apparently you went down the right way....aren't supposed to stop yourself with your hands as I did.  Sorry that you fell...recover fast.

Having a nice weekend.  Very warm and humid this morning, will go out soon, not feelin' it this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15