Womens Running

Too Much Snow Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.   :::Gets out the parkas:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Doc visit went very well. After work I went and ran 45 minutes on the track. I joined a friend and we walked for 30 more minutes. Another friend and I plan to run together soon.

Today will be a track run after work. We are having a big snowstorm tonight. DS has been working in New York and New Jersey. They had 18” of snow where he is staying in Jersey and are to get much more right after our storm tonight. Stay safe! 

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - glad you had a good doctor visit!  Another snowstorm...geez, they just don't quit do they!

Lisa - Sometimes I think you get more snow then we do!  More coming tonight. but it is really pretty!

No run yesterday, did some domestic cross training.  Forced DH to go back to dr., he has been sick since Christmas (coughing/wheezing) so having some more tests done.  AND DD#1 went for a job interview in Tampa....not sure how I would deal with them moving (that includes ALY)...    So far I am not a fan of 2014....sorry to be a Debbie Downer this am.

Have a great day!

Carol

LC Runs

Judy - this next storm is supposed to miss us, I sure hope that's true!

Carol - hope your DH feels better soon, poor guy.  That would be hard to be away from Aly, keep us posted.

4 TM miles, followed by 2 minute plank....I feel like a broken record...

camille2

Good morning!  It sounds like another big snow is heading toward many of you. Be careful. It's cool and wet here.

Judy, glad the doc visit was ok.

Ginny, I understand vague... so hard to explain.  My hip pain started on the outside hip/top of thigh like a typical bursitis. After 2-3 weeks of taking  time off then trying to run again, I started having groin pain. I don't have pain with walking or running, but when rising after sitting or when getting out of bed after my leg has been flexed and rotated in for a while.  Brief thin slices of pain that catch me/freeze me for a second. They seem to come from or go into the joint.  It's not bad anymore, just persistent.

I wasted the day yesterday and have some work I need to get finished.  Take care!

Modified to add-Carol, good for you for getting hubby to go back to doc. He's been sick too long.

ginnyb

supposed to get a big storm starting this evening.  We shall see, sometimes when they predict these we don't get them, but this looks pretty positive, already under a storm warning.....I can hardly wait.

Camille....I don't have any groin pain, mine is more in the really lower lower back and sometimes I get a sharp pain that feels like someone has stuck a huge pin in me, but it only lasts for a second or two...also really doesn't bother much when I run, just feels tight after a while.  Ah...the joys of growing older!

Judyruns....yep, here comes another one!  They just don't want to quit this year do they?  Stay safe and warm.

LC...you kinda do sound like a broken record, but with this weather..........great that you are still running, you are better than I with that TM!

Carol...hope that it is nothing serious with DH.  These men just do not want to go to the doctor, what is that anyway????

Did not exercise at all this morning, maybe my cardio DVD after work.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Did my interval run on the treadmill this morning.  2 miles easy/1 mile @8:20/.5 mile easy/1 mile@8:20/.5 mile easy.  Whew!  I was worried I would fall off the treadmill, but I paid attention and did fine.

Last night I was so tired I fell asleep while I was knitting in the chair at 8 pm.  Woke up and went to bed.  Slept all night, except I had a weird dream about a restroom at the New Orleans zoo.  Guess I really needed to catch up on some sleep!

Judy--glad to hear you had a good doctor's report

Lisa--I keep gu next to the snacks in the cabinet too.  Sounds perfectly normal to me.  Have you tried the chia energy gels???  So yummy!!

Carol--hmmm...I know you would really miss Aly if DD got the job.  Why Tampa?

Hi Camille, Tessa, Laura, Ginny, Damaris!

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2. Been doing less miles as I am working on building back my pace

Laura from yesterday I'm not home. I am in New Orleans for work. The delay was an hour but luckily I had a long Kay over so I didn't miss my flight like a lot if people did. Training today, meeting tonight and most of tomorrow. Get home really Kate tomorrow night.

Judy do it is a bit chilly in Nola too. It was 46 when I got here. Was in the 49s for my run. Will e warm today though. I know 40 isn't cold to you all but for here it is!

Tessa thanks. I'm pleased with the tile and paint. Dh says they put the shoe molding on last night and the washer and dryer back in so it is looking great.

Carol ol that is a far move!  But, will just have to wait and see how the interview goes.

Ginny I'm sure you are ready for spring!

Marjorie

Linda

It was a little chilly this morning, but I got out there.

Carol:  I hope the doctor can diagnose your husband.  It is hard not knowing what is wrong with you.

LC:  2 minute plank--That is impressive!

Ginny:  I can't imagine running in the snow or putting in the TM miles like LC.  These ladies are amazing.

Sue:  Great job on the intervals.  Keep it up.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Linda, I suspect our version of "a little chilly" and the Ohio/Michigan group's version of "a little chilly" is somewhat different.

33 degrees this morning for my run. Cold for us. Not bad for most of the country.

Lisa, what's so weird about having Gu in the pantry? Where else would you store it? (It goes well over ice cream, too, BTW.)

Susan, a restroom at the NO Zoo....WHY? Presumably the zoo has them, presumably one uses them, not sure why one would feature in a dream?

Carol, that's rough. Tampa, about as far away as they can get going north-south. I'm sure you would miss Aly terribly.

Laura, a broken record, but a consistent broken record!

Hi Camille, Judy, Ginny, Marjorie!

4 this morning with RN, then 6.5 more after dropping her off. Also did 5.4 this evening. A pox on people who throw bottles out the car window. The good thing: the bottles weren't broken. The bad thing: do you know how heavy six wine bottles are? Even when empty. They are now deposited in my recycle bin.

DS passed his driver's test today so up go my insurance premiums.

Not a great morning. Working from home. Just as I signed on and looked at the morning's accumulation of emails (the penalty for being on the West Coast) DH wanted me to make him eggs and toast.

I do not cook eggs. I do not like eggs. I do not know HOW to cook eggs.

I did my best. He shuffled over to look at the pan, told me they were overcooked, sat down at the kitchen table, and said something about "don't you even know how to cook eggs, woman?"

And so...

I threw them at him.

The only saving grace is that I didn't throw the skillet as well.

And both the tablecloth and floor needed changing/mopping anyway.

Oh Tessa, sorry you had such a trying morning.  Hope you forgive me for laughing at the thought of you chucking eggs at your DH.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR