Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

What?  Now I wonder if you all don't believe that I was on the skeptics site?  My work here is complete.

Not really a skeptic although there are many sides to a coin (not sure how many really... heads, tails, outer edge, if coin is coated then does that give more edges?)  I was only on the skeptics site long enough to copy the web address for my post.

Today is "dress your pet day" or "beer can appreciation day" .... somehow the 2 sort of go together but not in a good way for the pets out there.

Off to the gym!  A TM is trying to woo me into loving it but, alas, I am skeptical this will ever occur.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - You crack me up.... Smile  I am "wondering" what we would do without your wonderful insight here...

Karen - I hope you are starting to recover.  Sorry you can't run the Marathon.

Did 5 in the snow/cold yesterday.  Sun was out and it was a beautiful run tho.

Doing a hill workout tonight with a group....this ought to be interesting.

Hi to all!

Carol

Good Morning!

Did 4 miles of hills on the tm.  Carol--would be much more fun with a group--enjoy!

Cold here today for us--40s and breezy.

Lisa--don't tell Jake today is "dress your pet day".  He will be upset.  And if you were wondering--foster dog Sadie is doing much better.  So much calmer since Deuce is gone to college with his boy.  She is doing much better with sit, doesn't need to be crated while we eat, and loves to snuggle with us on the sofa....BF is hoping she is adopted soon, but I would not mind keeping her.....See what happens.  She is definitely in much better shape since we got her out of long term boarding.

Karen--sorry you have to miss the marathon, but you know if it was someone else you would be telling them they needed to rest/recover.  It is hard when YOU have to sit one out.  Smile

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, skepticism is good in some ways (and I think parents and pet owners all benefit from a healthy dose of skepticism, as in "yeah right you don't know how that got spilled!"). How many sides to a coin? Are we talking about a coin with ridges on the edges? Three if it has a smooth edge. How about a Susan B. Anthony dollar -- remember the "Carter Quarters"? -- which has seven sides?

TMs have their place, and not just as coat hangers. They are useful for speed/interval training and when running on the street would cause you to fall on your behind.

Dress your pet day? I'll tell DD whose roommate's minpin has a wardrobe of her own. Not trying to dress our pets. No appreciation for beer cans or their contents here.

Carol, 5 in the snow sounds pretty as long as you were dressed for it. Sunglasses included! Good luck with the hill work tonight.

Susan/crazysue, glad that Sadie is doing better with Deuce back at college with DS2. Jake is pretty laid back, isn't he?

Did 4 last night after the dentist -- I do not like being numbed though it's better than being drilled without anesthetic! -- and 3 this morning. Hoping to get to the gym today. And leaving for Charleston tomorrow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me.  Yesterday shorts and short sleeves.  Today capri and long sleeve.  Sigh.  But it is still looking good for the race this weekend.

Tessa what is your flight number?  I can stalk it so I leave on time to come get you.  I'll wait in the cell phone lot so once you get your bag you can text me and I'll come pick you up.  The terminal is still under construction with their re do stuff but it isn't too bad.

Lisa won't be dressing my pets.  The most they ever get is bandannas.  Even that isn't too often.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Busy at work, ugh.  Had Pilates class yesterday but got home too late to run.  4-5 miles tonight.

Lisa, ooh, I can dress my cats?  This will not go well.  Hope you enjoyed the gym.

Carol, nice 5 yesterday.  Enjoy the hill workout.

Sue, nice 4.

Tessa, nice 4 and 3.  Ugh at the dentist.

Marjorie, nice run!

I wrote an RR (in my blog) if interested.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like most of you are having fun this weekend!  So exciting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, emailed you my cell #.

Long sleeves are likely to be the order of the day. I would rather run in long sleeves and push them up when too warm than run in short sleeves and shiver through the race.

As long as "Dress Your Pet" day doesn't mean dressing it as in dressing a deer...

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

I am in a bad mood. Because I want to go to Charleston and run a marathon this weekend and hang out with Marjorie and Tessa. Because I have had to deal with an unusually large number of idiots lately. There is indeed such a thing as a stupid question. Because I have too much work to do. Because I haven't run in almost two weeks. Because I'm not sure how this whole "old boss as a consultant" thing is going to work, but I am foreseeing problems. Because I'm tired and I just want to be healthy.

Other than that, I'm good. I may try a couple very slow TM miles tonight. I walked 2 last night and was pretty tired after.

Tessa, have a great trip and a great race. Looks like beautiful weather. I'd probably go short sleeves, but then again after the weather of the past few weeks, 50 by 10 a.m. sounds downright tropical to me. Maybe some throwaway arm sleeves.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel