Womens Running

Top It Off Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Dessert would do that.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille2, was it your birthday yesterday as well? Happiest of Birthdays!

A good 45 minute track run was accomplished. The heel is still being sensitive. I picked up a new pair of Adrenaline GTS14s. I plan to keep these until the 16s come out in a year or so. The 15s are stiff for running. They may have to be used for outside walking.

Birthday was great. I had a great rigatoni dinner, wedding soup, salad and wonderful Italian bread. Dessert is to be another day since I was too stuffed to eat it then. We have a nice soft serve ice cream custard place that has a great chocolate. Another place like that has ice cream balls on a stick dipped in chocolate. Yum!

Today will be an errand and then a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

3 miles on the TM today, 2 yesterday.  This week is a killer, with work and events every night ugh

Happy Belated Birthday, Judy and Camille!!!

Sue - glad the BF is doing well!

Carol - yeah for new shoes!

Hi Lisa, Gatsby, Marjorie, Cindy, Tessa.....

Bikerchick1

Judy - Sounds like a wonderful birthday dinner!  I wouldn't have had room for dessert either.

Camille - Happy Belated Birthday!!!

LCruns - Tis the season isn't it!!!   Great job on continuing your streak!!!

No run yesterday....hoped to make it to stability ball class, but ended up with a 10 hour work day...boooo.  Today am meeting RB for some miles after work.

Joined a weight loss challenge that was started by our Multisport club here.  Did get my weigh in yesterday.  The rules are to lose 2% of your weight each month for 3 months.  You paid $25 to join, ea. month you get $5 back if you lose your 2%.  The remaining is split for the top 3 winners, and since the weigh in is at the local running store, they have thrown in some gift certificates.  I don't plan on winning, but figure a good way to keep off the weight I lost training for GC, and lose a few more!   They ended up with 50 people!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have been sick since Saturday afternoon so I have not run at all in the last two days.  Congestion, joint pain, and fever, ugh.  Feeling better today so I managed to come to work and I might run tonight if I continue feeling better.  Only sniffling and congestion left.  Ugh.

Camille, happy belated birthday!

Judy, I need a dessert.  Happy Belated Birthday!  Glad to hear you had some nice dinner for your birthday.

LC Runs, nice job on the run.

Carol, good luck with the weight loss challenge.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, great RR!  thanks for sharing!

Sue, glad BF is doing OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey!  Did 4 x 800 intervals on the tm this morning.  Whew!

Lisa, I lol'd at your Christmas tree pic on fb.  Is the tree back up?  When I was a kid the cat climbed the tree and it fell over.

ginnyb

Happy belated birthday Judy and Camille.

Okay, my favorite corduroys just fit this year.  When I say Just fit, I really mean barely fit.  Time to get serious again.  Cannot diet over the holidays though, but I can pick up my running!  I so wish I had someone to run with early in the mornings so I would be accountable.  How come the weight comes back on much faster than it comes off?

Tessa...great RR as usual.

Damaris...sorry you havent' been feeling well.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

My crappy morning is getting a little better. The commute was pretty miserable, there was a broken water main in downtown DC, which flooded the underground train tracks, so all the stations were closed. I got to 4 stations before where I normally get off the train after major delays. They had shuttle buses but it was crazy busy and crowded because all the people on all the trains had to get off there. The north/south trains were running fine, so I got on one headed north and at least got to about 3/4 of a mile from my office. Walked from there. I'm normally 20-30 minutes early, today I was 30 minutes late. And all this with a migraine. And I have to stay late, because our work Christmas party is tonight and I don't have time to go home and come all the way back. And DH is in London for business, so the poor dog is hopefully holding his bladder from 6:30 this morning until 10 or so tonight.

On the plus side, I learned that you can indeed take more than 2 Excedrin Migraine every 24 hours and you won't die. And even though I don't want to go to the party, it will be fun. And we got an email that they have finished up the sheetrock and brick on the house, starting interior paint next week, then installing cabinets. Should be completely done mid-January! I may be able to escape the worst of this winter yet. And both coworker and me got into the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler (lottery results announced yesterday). And third coworker's (Technical VP) sister also got in. He's big into photography, and is already working on a spreadsheet with all of our respective paces and plans to take pictures. So it will be a fun weekend back for me.

Oh, and I planted the idea in the boss' head that since the President announced he was giving the federal government workers 12/26 off, she should do the same for us. In a staff meeting, where everyone else quickly agreed...we will see what she does.

Happy (belated) Birthday judy and camille!

Carol, that does seem like a good way to keep motivated on the weight loss.

Damaris, sorry you've been sick, but glad you're starting to feel better!

Ginny, I hear you. I'm pretty limited on which pants I can wear out of my closet. They are getting tighter, and I threw out all my really big fat pants.

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me and Pilates

carol I find those type program/ contests for weight loss interesting. I don't think I would do it but I still like to hear about them.

Ginny nothing wrong with splurging on the holidays

Damaris are you feeling better?

Laura sometimes there are not enough hours in the day, huh?

Karen and Tessa do you know what days you are flying in and out of Charleston?

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I'm flying in on Thursday evening (as you know it takes the whole day to get east unless one finds a nonstop flight), leaving Monday afternoon. Looking forward to some sightseeing as well as a race and great company!

Lisa, the tree fell down? Oh dear. So far Miss Guinevere has not been able to achieve that despite her best efforts.

Karen, that sounds like an awful start to the morning. Sorry. I hope they do wind up closing on the 26th!

Judy, yum on the birthday dinner.

Carol, what evil person organises a weight loss challenge to start the week before Christmas?

Laura, I hear you. Work events every day at lunch. I want to go to the gym!

Damaris, you too on the cold? Ugh.

Susan/crazysue, hope BF is fully recovered. Ugh on the pool not being heated!

Margaret, are you thinking about Leona Divide? It's only about an hour north of me. Not sure what course Keira's using this year since the old one was badly hit by the Powerhouse fire but whichever course is used should be very scenic. Most of it is on PCT.

Ginny, wouldn't it be nice if it was as easy to take the weight off as it is to put it on?

No run this morning. I have a cold, it was raining, and I didn't want to get up. Did 4 very easy miles yesterday, nothing on Sunday. Coughing & sneezing with bruised ribs are no fun. It hurts! Also fell on my butt this morning walking from the bus stop to the office. Good thing I have a dark skirt on. Bruised behind and destroyed dignity.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sounds great Tessa. There are very few direct flight here. Karen can get one from BWI or from Dulles or Reagan but none from west coast.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Popping in here to wish a happy belated birthday to Judy and Camille!

Demaris, hope you are feeling better soon.

Carol, weight loss group sounds interesting.

Tessa, I enjoyed your RR. Ugh on the bruised ribs and now on the bruised behind.

LC, these are busy weeks for sure.

Sue, good job on the intervals. Glad to hear BF is on the mend.

Ginny, how true that weight comes back so easily.

Karen, yuck on your commute. Hope your migraine is better tonight.

marjorie, I finally had time to watch your JibJab of your pooches. How funny!

Weather was warmer yesterday so I took advantage of the lack of icy surfaces (yay!) to run 7.5 miles. Foggy, grey and overcast, but those miles felt great. Today's exercise was a brisk walk, and I have an eye doctor appointment early tomorrow AM so no run until after that.

DS#1 is flying in tomorrow night for a one night visit on his way further east for work. It will be so nice to see him!

Good runs, all!

Had day "off" today so after driving kids to school and then DD from Miami up to her workplace 45 minutes away I met run buddy and we did 10 rainy (mid 40's) trail miles that felt pretty darn good.  While I didn't do all of the hills at a run I did the majority of them (longer hills than other trails).  Then home to bake cookies.  Thumbprints, Oatmeal Kisses, Surprise (mini snickers wrapped in dough), Sugar Cookies, and Almond butter cookies.  Even made meatloaf and mashed potatoes and asparagus (apparently it's spring somewhere).  Did someone say "healthy diet"?? ha!

Tree is in deed upright but was on it's side when I walked in from work yesterday.

Lisa

Margaret, are you thinking about Leona Divide? It's only about an hour north of me. Not sure what course Keira's using this year since the old one was badly hit by the Powerhouse fire but whichever course is used should be very scenic. Most of it is on PCT.

Well, I guess it's a possibility.   I decided not to enter the Way Too Cool or Tahoe Rim Trail  lotteries (lottery fever around here these days, with Western States and Miwok drawings this month and lotteries for next year's races underway).  But I'm still undecided on doing a 50K next year, although if I did, April would be good timing and it would be fun to go somewhere new.

Belated birthday greetings to Camille!

Waves to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR