Womens Running

Winter Returned Wednesday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

BermyHorse

shelby - have you noticed any gains from your increased mileage?

spike - where's the best place to order online for sneakers? I was looking for those lunar knit fly thingys.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Arm - What's the bridesmaid's dress going to be like? Your post reminded me that I'm in a wedding March 9th and still haven't gone shopping for my bridesmaid's dress...oops, I should get on that.

Spike - I hope you can get your run in tonight and you feel extra peppy after 8 rest days!

Zorbs - Ha, the toddler door handle won't do much since I keep forgetting to close the door, but it's DEFINITELY time for a toilet lid lock!

Becky - I don't know how you could forget to eat breakfast! If I don't eat within an hour of waking up, I feel like barfing.

CA - That slow cooker meal sounds seriously yummy! Did O get hungry right in the check out line at the grocery store? S used to flip out with hunger every time I started unloading my cart at the checkout, without fail. Luckily she took a bottle because it was not exactly the most convenient time to whip out a boob.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

Bermy- check out Sierra trading post, running warehouse, and amazon for great deals on shoes

mer- I hope that they make a decision soon about the tech position, just for peace of mind! Nope, R rarely wakes at night, and if he does I just roll over and go back to sleep. I only went in there last night because I was getting up to pee anyways, ha

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

rg - thanks - and really stupid question (we don't have this service in bermy hence my ignorance) - how do I send them back if they don't fit? like how do I get someone to collect the package? do I tape it all back up? do I go to post office?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

I'll post what I can of personals while M is eating lunch... coleslaw salad is what she begged for, funny girl.

RG - hill repeats on ice don't sound fun!! Bummer on the 3am wakeup, I'd be a zombie! I often think when I'm up feeding O at 4:30-5 am, that a few months ago I was waking up at that time.

zorbs - too bad he hasn't repeated the potty thing, but at least now he knows what he has to do... hopefully he does it again soon!!

ernie - my DH is always the one who tries to run too soon and then gets sicker. I hope you felt good for your 8k today. I was in the checkout line, buuut O was at home w/ DH, so bottle was her only option.

bermy - that's colder than I expected Nashville to be. I learned to drive stick also, and always wonder what north americans will do when they have to rent a stick in europe. I would struggle with the stick on my left side though.

k kids call....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I like to order shoes from www.roadrunnersports.com  they have a 90 day guarantee on their shoes. I actually just sent back a pair of shoes I ordered in October and never wore until now and they let me exchange them. I have a VIP membership ($1.99 for the first year and $20 after that) that gives me 10% off and free shipping. Plus with stores like Sierra Trading Post, Running Warehouse and Road Runner Sports, always do a Google search of the store name plus "Coupon code" and you can find codes for free shipping and discounts. Sierra trading post usually has coupons for up to 30% off your order or an item, RRS will sometimes have additional discounts up to 10-15% above your VIP membership.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

strollermama

bermy - I think so!  I have found that I am having an easier time holding faster paces.  Holding marathon pace seems a little easier than it did last time I trained.  I also feel like long runs don't phase me as much now and don't feel quite as hard.  But I also don't want to burn out or get injured, which I why I may drop one of my LRs during the week.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy/CA- My first car was a stick shift on purpose- my mom said if I learned it then I could drive any kind of vehicle. DH's VW is a stick, but I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't driven his car yet and we bought it in October.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Spike - that's one of the draws of us buying another VW to replace our current Golf, as we can get a stick again.  I hope we have a stick when our girls learn to drive!

BermyHorse

spike/CA - I got my intermediate stick truck license in bermy to cart hockey goals around for my team. It was very handy learning to hold a truck on a clutch on a hill. Some of the traffic laws in US are opposite of what I am used to (speed and lane discipline and line colours on roads) but I will get used to it. Thanks for the shopping tips.

rg - I checked ou Sierra trading post, running warehouse, and amazon and none have the shoes I am looking for in mu size. But nice try! will keep trying.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - the other site I shop on is holabirdsports - they have better shipping to Canada so I order from it more.

Jen - phew on the teeth - hopefully he's a happy guy once they are in! Ugh on the insomnia - I get like that for a week or so and then I think exhuastion wins and I sleep again.

mer - When I'm working, I'm in bed very close to 9pm if not before. I need my sleep. I hope they figure out the technology at work, sounds frustrating!

cx2 - owch on DH's bloody nose! It gets so much easier once you figure out their 'words' for things!!

shel - yikes on your mileage! I think I got up to 10 miles midweek for my last FM, and it was a lot! YAY for STTN! Haven't used this recipe before but I'll report back, the house sure smells good!

mzm - I hope the ART helps! Have you read Wild by Cheryl Strayed? It's really good. we did it in our supermoms book club.

becky - doh on oversleeping! I can't function on 5 hrs either. Mmm send the gamey stuff over here!

arm - MMO sounds awesome! Our church has a preschool but that's it. Can't wait for non-nursing bras again, I have a bunch of newish cute ones.

spike - yay for a solo run!! MMMM on your food and moscato, love that stuff!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy: skilled tv hangers can hide wires. http://phand.ca this is DH's website, lots of pictures of hanging tvs with hidden wires.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

armmama

I guess I came back here too late for personals - not sure anyone ever reads this late anyway!

good news is - bridesmaid dress shopping was super quick, and my mom and I enjoyed a couple good cups of coffee while we waited for the shop to be open.  the bride picked out 4 styles and wanted each bridesmaid to try on each one and rate them.  Then we'll see if she just wants us to wear 1 style or if we all get to choose which one we like best.

the bad news is - I went down in a bra cup size.  boo.  Nope, not fully weaned yet but only nursing twice/day and only on one side so I figured I really don't need to be wearing nursing bras anymore.  I'm taking my breast pump along on my trip and will be curious to see if I ever feel full enough to pump.  I have skipped a day here and there and haven't felt full.

BermyHorse

I read Arm! I value your contributions to our forum. You are one experienced mama!

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama/nola- I'm on the west coast so I always read the late posts even if I don't comment Smile