Womens Running

Too Early Thursday DIVAS (Read 15 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Morning! C decided 6 was a good wake up time! I prefer when he sleeps till 7!! At least he's sleeping through the night though.

rr: 3 miles with SIL tonight!

nrr: oh my gosh, last night was the cutest thing ever! C loooved eating. as soon as I put the food on his tray (zucchini, broccoli, chicken) he knew just what to do with it! Of course I'm not sure he swallowed anything, but he was chomping away. he was so happy to be apart of dinner! Not much going on today, just finishing my 3 hours of work left for the week, and then hopefully folding laundry. Its taking over!

OJewel

Good morning!

MA- aww how cute about C and eating! Hope you get that laundry done. I hate laundry!

RR- rest. weather now says may rain Sunday, eeek! Tips and tricks appreciated ! I know that if it rains, basically just gotta suck it up and deal!

NRR- working, I will definitely be there late. I have to finish a draft of a presentation I have to give at the end of October and also conference with my boss about it. Along with packing, getting my oil changed, cleaning the apartment , should be a crazy busy day and evening.

Happy Thursday!

melrunner

Good Morning MA!! How cute C!! Was it smashed up food?

TriR: 2 mile OWS in a few minutes and 8 mile run afternoon.

NtriR. I have some calls to make in regards to former clients and a couple f leads. I will do those later on today. Seeing my shrink today as well. I want to start tapering off of meds soon.

Less as than a month for ironman Florida. Holy Moly!!!!

Bubbled ate dinner last night as well so she's on her way to a nice recovery!

melrunner

Good luck this weekend Jewel!!!!

taylorma1

Morning.

Ma-that is so cute about C.

Jewel-happy tapering. I am so excited for you about your marathon! you are going to do awesome! Is it going to be warm out or cool out. If it's cool, make sure to bring lots of layers. If it's warm, you may layer at the start, but want to take it off easily as you get into the race because it may be humid. Sometimes rain is a nice refreshing thing though, so it just depends

RR: started playing ultimate frisbee again, did that last night. My achiiles is killing me today though since I didn't really warm up or stretch beforehand, whoops. Today is a pool run, however long I can squeeze in.

NRR: nothing too much here. I think I made some friends at frisbee last night, so that will be good. It has been hard to make friends here so far, though I have only been here two months. The people in my program are great, but it seems like most of them are married/have kids so it's hard to hang out with them. We'll see though

taylorma1

meli-good luck with the phone calls. Hope something comes of it.

POrun

Happy Thursday (my virtual Friday!!!!)

RR: Ran a tough 5 miles yesterday. Mainly because my legs still hate me from the tri. Got up and swam 1900yds. Tonight will be beach running and workout.

NRR: Work, then will be working on my paper for our school group project. Going on the boat most the day tomorrow fishing with DH and a couple of friends. Totally was in bed by 9 last night, and it was great!

MA: Enjoy only working 3 more hours this week!!!!

OJ: I hope it doesn't rain up there! A bunch of people from down here are flying up there for the marathon too. I hope you rock it!

Meli: Glad Bubbles ate last night! I hope the 2 mile swim goes well! Are you getting sea lice down there? We started getting them bad! I just hope we can start cleaning up the water around our areas! Oh, question for you regarding wetsuits. I'm looking at buying one, and I'm still trying to decide between sleeveless or sleeves. Most of the races I think i'll do will be in FL, so I'm not sure if I want to get full sleeves. What would your suggestion be?

taylor: Yay for getting to play frisbee again! I hope you do make some friends there. I guess a lot of people in higher education beyond Bachelors tend to be "farther along" in life. I know I'm one of the youngest in my program, and one of the few without kids... I hope it gets easier to meet more people!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

RR: 6 miles with HIIT intervals on the TM. Plus walking the 1.3 miles to work. See NRR.

NRR: really rough morning with G today and he was fighting me on everything. I had to face time biG d from the backs eat of the car to get him to tell g to sit in his car seat. Thus I am running super late and missed the bus by a mere 12 seconds this morning and he next one doesn't come for 90 minutes so I'm waking up the hill. I'm so frustrated I'm on the verge of tears and this does not happen often. Hopefully the walk calms me down... Along with a trip to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte although that doesn't sound that great considering it is 75 degrees right now!

Personals later as as it is haed to walk and type

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 trail + 1 Fay, so that's good. Not sure if I'm going to ST or not tonight. Feeling run down still, and I think I'm fighting off something, because I have a headache and the back of my throat hurts. Of course in my head, this means my training is going to be horrible from now on and I will never get over feeling like crap. I love the melodrama I produce for myself. Joking

NRR: Not too much. Again, just tired and whatever. Looking forward to resting up over the weekend.

MA -  Oh man, folding the laundry..good luck! C sounds awfully cute!

Jewel - Will it be a cold rain or a warm rain?  Hopefully you're not at work too late.

Mel - Good luck with the networking phone calls! Glad to hear Bubbles is doing better.

Taylor - Glad you made some friends. I feel like I have that same problem here (everyone is married with kids), and I"m not in grad school anymore!

PO - Loved your picture on FB of the sunrise! In bed by 9 sounds awesome. Maybe I will shoot for that tonight.

Sassy - Oh man, sorry you're having such a frustrating day! Hopefully it gets better!

SassySparky

MA - So cute about C eating! I'm sure he will enjoy being part of the family meal Smile

Jewel - hope the weather forecast gets better!

Meli - You are gonna rock this IM!

Taylor - frisbee is really stressful on my body, with running on the bumpy fields, the cutting, the sprinting. I had to stop playing once I started running more!

PO - Nice bedtime! I'm jealous. I tried to go to bed early but couldn't sleep!

OWR - nice run! I also feel that way (headache + sore throat). Just take it easy today! You'll feel better.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

OMG. C has been a terrible napper - never more than 30 min. So we've been doing cry it out since last tuesday night, which has lead to sleeping through the night the last 3 nights, but naps have still been a disaster. Well for the first time EVER C fell back asleep after waking up after sleeping for 30 min, and now he's been napping since 8:15, with a 15 min cry in the middle. Progress! It only took 9 days of letting him CIO! Sheesh. But lets hope this is a new trend! It's been killing me listening to him cry.

Jewel - I hope your day isn't as bad as expected! Ugh, rain! I've actually never run a race in the rain, so I'm not sure!

Meli - We are doing Baby-Led Weaning, which basically means you feed your baby what you eat, within reason of course. No purees though! All the veggies were very soft, and the chicken was shredded. Good luck with the job search.

Taylor - I hope you made some new friends with ultimate frisbee. Honestly, the thought of making new friends right now is so scary! Yikes! Hopefully your achilles is nothing serious.

PO - Happy "Friday" to you too! Smile Ah I miss the days of in bed by 9! I've been stuck working at night, and it's killing my sleep! Thankfully I'm done before tonight, so I'm planning on a nice early bedtime too!

Sassy - Aw I'm sorry you are having a rough morning. Sometimes motherhood is SO hard. I'm sure it's even harder with a defiant toddler! Hugs.

Outwest - Nice work getting the run in. I hope you aren't getting sick! LOL one sickness does not = death of training Smile

monk717

Good morning!

RR: Almost skipped this morning because I was up really late last night but I did it! Got out late but got 3.5 miles in. It was surprisingly humid this morning. It seems way too soon for my runs to be in the dark! It was darker this morning than it was on Monday. I've been working on curbing my tendency to oversnack and feel like I've made some progress with that. But on run days I'm still starving all day long, had to get a breakfast sandwich from the cafeteria this morning.

NRR: DH was gone all day yesterday so when I got the kids to bed I started catching up on my shows he doesn't like. I got sucked into Parenthood so ended up waiting up for him and not going to bed til 11. So today is going to be long. We finally are scheduling P's baptism for Dec. 22... when he's 10 months old. We didn't have A's until she was 7 months and wanted to get Ps sooner but it was impossible between our two vacations this year and coordinating so DH's family can make it. The good thing about this date though is that we won't have to travel for Christmas! I'm looking forward to actually getting to xmas eve with my family and staying home! We will still be pretty crazy busy though with coordinating the baptism. We have to figure out some kind of little celebration gathering for after... preferably somewhere other than our tiny house.

MA: Glad C's STTN! I hope he gets the naps down now... it seems like for us if P naps well he sleeps well too. We had a few sort of CIO nights but its hard when we're all in the same room. Luckily he's back to STTN... I think part of his issue was he just started going to daycare full time. YAY for him eating solids! I've recently discovered P LOVES pears.

jewel: Hope it doesn't rain! My half last year was in the rain, luckily it didn't start pouring until I was finished but it was pretty tough in the drizzle that hung on for most of it.

meli: WOW, your race is so close! I'm glad Bubbles is doing better.

taylor: I've found its so much harder to make friends as I've gotten older. Good for you starting ultimate frisbee again.

PO: I strive to be in bed at 9 every night and rarely get there... I get conflicted because I want to have time to myself after the kids are in bed.

sassy: Sorry about the tough morning with G Sad Unfortunately he's getting near the age where those may become more frequent. Hope the Starbucks helps, though I agree, today that wouldnt' feel very seasonal here either!

outwest: Hope you can get some rest!

NorCal

Hi DIVAs!

RR. Ran 4.5 easy yesterday and had no calf pain. Deciding if I want to run today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow. Today, I will take L for a hike and do some much needed XT, I've been a slacker in that dept lately!

NRR. Had a great first day in my new office yesterday. I really like it! I saw two clients there yesterday and have one scheduled for Friday. That one is a new client!

Working on billing for our water business today, should finish up today, thank goodness.

personals is a few!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

seattlechica

<delurk for Jewel > - Body Glide is your friend!  And carry some blister gel bandaids in your pockets!