Womens Running

Thundering Thursday - Supermoms (Read 27 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie/jen - the picture was showing gooey, browned orange chicken like you get at the fake Chinese places at the mall food court.  It didn't taste bad, aside from the smooshy peppers, and even the runny sauce wasn't terrible, I just fished the pieces out of the sauce..I really hated the overcooked peppers the most.

cx2 - yep, same weather here.

rg - you have to wash down ibuprofen with the first sip of coffee.

mrszm - I was going to scare the eff out of Sam this morning and wear SHORTS but it turned out to be too cold.

mer - excellent run!

CA - omg on the baby powder!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R loves the swing, but he won't skootch himself to get going down the slide. He will go, happily, if you push/pull him down. What are you going to buy Sam? Booze? Something running related- perhaps a sweaty band?

Ernie- R is being a brat about dinnertime and it drives me crazy. He's using it as a way to prolong bedtime. He will only eat a few bites when its dinnertime because he wants to play or watch movies- no amount of coaxing will get him to eat more, and then right before bed he starts whining/tantruming about being hungry. AaaH! Good luck with the gooey mess!

Jen- I stopped using the sleepsack once he grew out of the last one because he fought it so much. We've probably just been doing jammies and a blanket for 6 mos or so. We just turn up the heat in his room a little and make sure he wears socks to bed. Sorry DH was insensitive, its possible that he meant it as a compliment- my DH liked me getting a little fatter. He said to me the other day that he should knock me up so I get crazy boobs again, weirdo.

cx2- have you tried moving up her bedtime? Its possible she's overtired by the time you put her down.

runnergirl- sorry about the headache Sad I get them when the weather changes.

Mer- I haven't read a book in months Sad   Yay for running when it wasn't rainy! You are doing awesome running while pg- I thought I remembered you having a really rough first tri with J. Maybe this one is a girl? Smile

mzm- LOL at the belts. I wear belts with dresses Smile   Yeah I swear everyone I know is PG too, doesn't help the baby fever.

CA- What a little turkey with the baby powder! YAY for having MIL back- was she in NH?

Strollermama- Enjoy your alone time, I'm jealous. Good luck with your exams. Do something indulgent for yourself this weekend while you have time- have one too many drinks, a pedi, or a massage or something. Girls night?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

strollermama

spike - I would do the ST Sunday if you think you will be up to it.  Use your SRD as a true SRD.  And I will actually be headed to the mountains Friday to meet up with everyone.  I can't be away from my baby for more than a few days...just yet Smile

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Marathonjen

stroller - I am glad you are taking time to rest and study...hope you get lots of stuff done today now that H and your parents are gone.  I hope your exam goes well tomorrow and you can find some time to study today.  What kind of blanket do you use for H?

spike - If you struggled on your run yesterday I would take a total rest day today and recover for your other upcoming runs and ST on Sunday.  Sorry your run wasn't great but hey, you got it done.  Sorry R has been such a stinker.  We are battling the same things here.  So many timeouts it is getting silly.  Sucks about your daycare just up and closing.  That is another reason we chose a large daycare center because we don't have back ups to call last minute for childcare other than MIL and she is not always available.  Glad you found someone though.  I don't care if DH thought it was a compliment...he should only care that it offended me and apologize for it.  I refuse to speak to him until he apologizes and I am not caving.

BermyHorse

RR: just got back from 7m with my running group and I ran with a new RP the whole way. We kept under 9min/miles averaging 8.45 and had our last of about 8.15. She is really strong and fit and I so so so enjoyed running with her. We were a good match. She introduced her mom to me. It was really nice to have sisterhood camaraderie  Of course I was pushing a stroller the whole time but that will stop soon. The group do a mile trial after the fm and I am stoked that I will get to try out at that. We both live about a mile from a track and we are planning on some speedwork sessions. She has 4 daughters.

NRR: meeting nashville supermom later today for playdate. Am buying another mattress for a second spare room.

BR: got him some shorts last night at children's place - they are blue with orange sharks on and I love them so much. Has sttn the past two nights and i am in heaven and so thankful.

FR: chicken breasts, broccoli and brown rice. Super healthy and gets job done.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runnergirl9508

Back for personals~ ran a bit over 8 miles, felt awesome, and the headache is gone. Smile

Jen: good luck with the job decision! i'm pretty sure my headache is weather-related, as that's the only time i get a headache. fortunately, R isn't a regular whiner, but it's annoying enough when he's in that mood!

Mer: enjoy your SRD! yay for getting outside to run, and nice job on finishing the run strong. boo on the sleeping issues, hope that passes soon. glad that iPads is almost over for you. have fun at book club tonight. it's been soooo long since i've read anything other than a magazine, i miss it! thanks, i had a great run today.

Mrszm- hope you can get out to run later today! aw, poor C and the teeth. i wish that teething wasn't such a long drawn out process. lol on the girls belts.

CA-whoo, that sounds like a great workout today- hope you nail it! ugh on the baby powder all over, but i would have made R clean it up too! hope O woke up in time to nurse before M's class. Yay for MIL being back!!!

strollermama- sorry about the weather- it really sucks this year. i totally lost my running mojo for about a week at the beginning of April. it was cold/windy/snowing every day and i complained about every run to DH. poor guy. hope H has a fun time iwth Gma in the mountains- enjoy the quiet night at home. Good LUCK tomorrow with you exam, i bet you'll do great! No, i don't get migraines, actually i rarely get a headache. it's usually just when we're having a big weather change.

Spike- I think SRD today, with the ST on Sunday. Sounds like a great weekend of running planned! WOW on the last minute daycare closing, that sucks. lol on the bike rodeo. ugh on the late bed time. have fun getting lots of photo practice this weekend.  yep, it's a weather-headache. that's the only time i get a HA. the run helped though.

Bermy- yay for a new RP!!! sounds like a great run today. nice htat you have someone to run speedwork with. 4 DD's, wow! have a fun playdate later, too! i need to go thru R's summer clothes, i think we have plenty of shorts but probably need more t-shirts. YAY for DS STTN!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I bought Sam this tank in raspberry.  Marmalade sounds like a good idea.

stroller - good luck with your big exam!

bermy - so when you say no more stroller, is that because of the nanny?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- cute! You and your RP must be teeny to be able to fit ivviva! I'm a 6-8 at Lulu.  Just had to send back the skirts MIL bought me from Boden because my hips are too wide for the 4 in that style Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Mer - Yay for a run outside and great job on the speedy last mile! Is a dreamsicle orange flavoured?

Mrszm - Sounds like it's raining everywhere today! It cleared up here, so hopefully it does the same for you. So cute about DDs and their belts. So you are surrounded by baby-obsessed people AND actual babies...might lead to you getting baby fever Wink

CA - Good luck with the cruise intervals! Yikes, baby powder would be SUCH a mess...I hope she learned her lesson after having to help clean up!

Jen - I taught for The Princeton Review - I started out as an LSAT instructor but cross-trained and was teaching prep classes for SAT, GRE, etc. by the end. You don't have to be certified beforehand - they hire based on your own standardized test scores, teaching experience and an "audition" and then they'll train you. I started working there when I was in law school, but continued doing a bit of part-time teaching/tutoring for them up until I was 7 mos pregnant with S because I loved the job and the pay was good.

Spike - If you are sore, I would hold off on the ST for another day. That really sucks that she closed daycare on you just because there were only two kids and her grandkids are in town. Makes such a scramble for you to find alternate care! Thinly sliced flank steak will be fine - it should be nice and tender if you have it marinading from lunch until dinner time.

Stroller - I don't blame you for losing your running mojo after that blast of winter you just got. I felt that way last week when we were having winter weather. Sounds like an ideal night for H to be away - you need some time to yourself and will be so busy you won't have time to miss him (well, at least not too much!) Good luck on your big exam! The messy class was as messy as promised - coffee grinds, applesauce, feathers, water and sponges, flour, goop made out of cornstarch, water and food colouring...they got to run around and play in the different stuff.

Bermy - Sounds like you have a great new RP! Yay for STTN again. Kids' summer clothes are sooo cute. Another reason I am happy it finally seems to be warming up here!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

zorbs - I really like that tank.  When I don't have a massive belly, I may try those.  T-shirts get to be a bit too much in the summer and I don't love running in just a sports bra...  Wait, those places in the mall are fake?  Damn...I love their orange chicken! Smile

bermy - I am beyond impressed with how fast you are meeting people....I am happy for you!

spike - I remember being really tired with J in the first tri.  This one is just different because I feel like being tired at home isn't an option.  Don't get me wrong, DH would totallly be on board if I asked to take a nap, but I feel bad asking.

ernie - Haha, you bet.  I take vanilla ice cream in a cup with orange soda.  Kind of like a root beer float.  It was SO good! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

re: daycare closing- I had told her in the past that if she wanted to close for that reason to let me know, but I didn't find out about it until pickup on Wednesday, and there was no "will that work for you?" Normally backup is pretty easy to come by but this week was just that odd exception to the rule.

superspike113

Honorary Old

runninmer

spike - I like that a lot.  Do you think it will fit over my belly?  I need to be more adventerous with my running clothes and break out of the shorts and a t-shirt rut I am in!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- if you remind me tonight I will try it on again and show you how it fits around my middle. Its fairly narrow at the top, so I bet you could size up to M without it being too horribly baggy.

BermyHorse

Zorbs – hope the storm passed and your run was event free. Some of my recipes are epic fails too. I am impressed you tried. I laugh and learn from my fails more than when they go right. Yes on help – I am not sure what to call her as some of the time she will be there with me, just focusing on DS. I guess she will be a baby sitter or mother’s help. I plan to use her just as people use family. But obviously it’s not free for me. I have a whole pile of stroller-free running planned – track workouts and all sorts. Freedom from the stroller is in my future.

Ernie – yay for rest day – enjoy it. Funny on being so worn out she was too tired to feed herself. Ha ha on applesauce t-shirt being appropriate for your class. You do such fun things together. Good for you. And did she run around this one screaming “Gooooooo gooooo gooooey”?

Jen – hope your DH realizes his insensitive comment. Yay on feeding strategy – nice going mama. I just use a blanket from target – a snuggly big gray one. DS loves it. And so do I when I curl up with him in the middle of the night when he wakes up and we’re going back to sleep. Sorry about your job – Hope the source is wrong, if that’s what you’re leaning towards.

Cx2 – I can’t wait to tell you – I saw another snake today (huge with RP, she was scared, I was not)and a opossum thing. I think my runs are more like your critter spots now. You must live in a peaceful neighbourhood as I only see the crazy wildlife on the far rural part of the trail. Good luck staying awake for that meeting. I hated some of my meetings.

Rg – is there anything else I could try to get for you for running yummy fuel? Zorbs sent me the recipe for Brandon Braziers all natural gels which you make in little bags and bite the corners off. Not even some of those? I hear you on the whines. I just open the door and point him the way outside as it cures the whines right there.

Mer – fab pace mer  - great job. When do you find the time to read? I love your posts as they make me more considerate to my DH. Often he would like a nap too but feels like it would be rude to ask/take one as I am with DS the whole time. That’s why I like to run with DS as it gives my DH the time to himself that he just never gets after working so hard. I have worked hard on meeting people. It does take a deep breath and a lot of courage.

Mrszm – your girls crack me up. They sound hilariously entertaining. We are also on random crying, gnawing on everything (today it was anything he could find – his shirt collar). Our boys sound so similar. Is your DS blonde?

CA – that run sounds fantastic. I wish I could run it with you. I was laughing at your “thanks the gods” comments yesterday and thought you are the only person I know who says that about their MIL. Hope she can help with the kids so you can go to grocery store. That’s how I plan to use my help. I need suggestions – what else do you do when you have help?

Stroller – take a break if you don’t feel like running – it is ok. You seem to have exams every other day – what a nightmare. Good luck. Thinking of you. I love that you post from class – hilarious.

Spike – yay for being a photojournalist. Sounds great. And I bet you take interesting shots too. My DS goes to bed at 8.30 at night, sometimes later. It helps a lot as DH doesn’t finish until 7 or later so he gets to spend some time with him. Last night we were all still at the mall at 8.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31