Womens Running

Trusting Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Trusting that today will be easier than yesterday.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Our database at work was updated over the weekend. Having worked in IT, I am glad they did. As an older person, it is harder to adjust quickly to the visual changes in my present job but I am toughing it out.   I hope that today will have an easier learning curve.

Monday I did 35 minutes running, then joined coach for intervals for the next 15 minutes. It is such fun to run fast.

Today will be an errand or two, then an easier run on the track. My ankles get somewhat stiff from doing the speed work. I need to try and strengthen them.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights tonight for me.

Ginny, great report!  Quitter, no!

Judy, hope the changes are easy to learn.  Usually, when we change something in IT here, it screws up everything for the next 6 months.  And such is the government.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Good morning,

Lisa...loved your RR and all your pictures!  Nice that I recognized all of them too!  I am in for Glass City Half in Toledo if you and Karen are.  Karen will be done the full probably before I finish the half anyway!

Feeling good today, just not wanting to be at work.

I forgot to mention that we also went to see The Lion King on stage while we were in Columbus this weekend.  It was awesome!  Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies anyway.

Well I guess I better do something......

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  The site would not let me post the past few days.  IDK what is going on.  A couple of sites were not working for me yesterday.

6 miles this morning with some sprints thrown in.  My watch battery died, so not sure of the pace, but I was working hard so maybe I was going fast enough.

Saturday night was the costume 5K with my friends.  We dressed as 80's jazzercise class complete with Richard Simmons.  It was a hoot.  I'm behind Richard Simmons in the pic.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Travel day today.

Nice report Ginny

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, you are definitely not a quitter. Good for you! Signs seem to be getting more numerous and more creative...not just the "Go Mom Go!" we used to see.

Lisa, I would be worried about roadways being covered in extra thick concrete...Detroit missing any politicians or underworld figures lately?

And trust you to find a trail race in New York City.

Sue, cute photo! 80s aerobics gear makes a good race outfit if it's a costume race, you can still run in it and it's easily recognizable. (And it embarrasses the [slouchy neon] socks off your kids.)

Marjorie, safe travels. Where this time?

Karen, I also think asphalt feels better than concrete. Never tried running on vinyl siding. Not sure I want to.

Judy, Damaris, changing IT stuff can be really problematic.

5.2 with RN this morning. Then a fraught commute to work. Bad freeway traffic, no parking at train station, then no power in train station so had to take a bus to next train station. I am at work now, though, and leaving at 2:15 for an appointment.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wichita KS, Tessa. I will be here until Friday.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, funny. I don't want to be at work either!

Sue, love the picture!

Tessa, Nice run.  Ugh at the traffic and other stuff.

Marjorie, hope you traveled safely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Judy-Hope that today went well.

Damaris- we have not been able to access our server for a day and a half.  not good.  And I don't mean food server. LOL

Ginny-how fun to see the musical also!

Sue-love the aerobics pics!  One of the DWD relay teams was aerobics and they kept doing their work outs at the exchanges.

Tessa-now now.  No Detroit politicians missing.

Quads still killing me.  Which I find surprising, why would they hurt after a flat road marathon?  Although I did walk down 4 flights of stairs.  One of my interns thought I looked funny using the railings though.  Silly girl.  Will do bike or elliptical tomorrow but staying away from running for a few days.

Lisa