Womens Running

Tired Thursday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: last day of crunch and run class, plus some miles on my own afterwards. Planning 6-8 total for today.

TR: is getting pretty good at counting to 5 on his fingers. I told him yesterday that we had to go buy a birthday card for DH, and he ran into the kitchen and grabbed the bday card that DH's aunt had sent earlier in the week. Cute!

NRR: friend's baby girl was born yesterday morning, 9lbs 20.5in. I'm planning to go see her today. Today is DH's bday, so i'll be baking him a cake and making a nice dinner for him. Just have to figure out what to make

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles really easy. eh pushed me to the fastest edge of what could be considered easy and conversational, almost HMP, so that's 2 days of fast running in a row.

RR#2 - something in my hip/glute is referring sciatic pain like crazy.  I moved my pre-race physio (and butt abuse) from next Thursday to this morning.  Sometimes it is fine, sometimes I can barely walk and I can't seem to be able to stretch or roll that exact spot.

RR#3 - DH ran a sub 25 5K training run last night.

TR - B heard me complaining about my sciatic pain and helpfully said, "mommy butt hurt, poop broken."

FR - crockpot french onion soup.

NRR - had my thrice yearly family holiday get-together panic.  If I don't go, I feel bad for being such a loser that I can't deal with something so simple that other people seem to deal with just fine, if I do go, I pretty much panic over the lack of food I like, the fact that after 8 years I still can't put any names to faces and that there's 40+ people and screaming children there.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - elliptical

TR - experienced a new form of parental helplessness last night... (hopefully this isn't TMI)... C still isn't pooping at daycare, and her last BM was on Monday... last night I could see on her face she was trying to poop but it wasn't coming out.. she wandered around the house whimpering, then would stop and try again... then whimper and cry more... she'd push me away when I tried to comfort her.. finally after 20 minutes her mood changed so I knew something had come out.... wish there was more I could've done to help move things along though..

NRR - company is providing thanksgiving lunch for us today... hope the big bosses don't mind if we take a nap afterwards..

rg - happy birthday to your DH!  mine always requests carrot cake on his bday...

zorbs - hope you can get some relief for your sciatic pain.... DH has a large extended family and when we first started dating, he didn't want to introduce me to some of his relatives b/c he couldn't remember their names...

running eh

RR - rest today.  Had a nice run w. Zorbs yesterday

NRR - working again today

FR - chicken tortilla soup

KR - DD2 is yelling at me from across the room "don't give me attitude"  she is trouble!

rg - Happy Birthday to DH!  Have fun making the cake.  One of our favourites is called Lumberjack Cake - it has dates, coconut, maple syrup and apples, YUM!  Congrats to your friend, that is a good sized baby!  I have been holding lots of babies lately and it is so sweet.  Have a good run today.

Zorbs - WOW, DH is really doing well with the running, good for him!  Haha on B and your butt!  Hope the physio helps - was it really sore running yesterday?  Do you have a recipe for the soup?  I love French Onion soup, but I have only made it once or twice.

beckykay

Morning!  So sleepy today.  Bossman is on his way in so I have to be quick.

RR:  hopefully 5 but I am not feeling it today

TR:  So cute.  Said he wanted a brother.  I reminded him that would entail a baby in our house.  No baby, we HATE babies is the response I got. So he decided his buddy at school could be his brother.

NRR:  Boring, nothing here.

FR:   BLTs

armmama

RR - SRD and I really need it.  I was so tired and crabby yesterday.  I think my body is ready to be done with marathon training.

BR - how can he be so frustrating and so cute at the same time?!?  I think my girls spoiled me, this boy is pushing me over the edge.

KR - picked up Halloween costumes for the other 2 kids last night.  As we were walking out of the store a fake spider jumped out and DD3 screamed and started crying.  I just laughed, I'm such a mean mom.

FR - beef stir fry with all the peppers DH picked up at the farmer's market.

NRR - meeting a friend at Ikea this morning.  I really want to go to Athleta to look around, hoping to have time for both.

rg - happy birthday to DH!  Have fun visiting your friend's baby!  I feel like I don't know anyone having babies anymore, must mean I am getting old Wink

zorbs - haha on the butt abuse.  I hope you get some good work done at the physio!  Mine was sore the last couple days but feels OK today so hopefully I'll be good to go for tomorrow's run.  Yikes, 40+ people is a lot, especially when you add screaming children to the mix.  I admit I am dreading Christmas with DH's family this year, too many people and kids for it to be relaxing.

cx2 - aww, poor C.  L tends to get constipated although it hasn't happened much lately, I think because he eats so much fruit.  Have you ever tried miralax?  I used to give that to L when he was really struggling.

eh - glad you and zorbs had a nice run together!  mmm, I love chicken tortilla soup.  DH had to give a presentation last night for a bunch of work people and he showed a video of our DD3 that she had facetimed to her friend, and the friend's mom saved it and sent it to us.  Everyone was telling him that he is in trouble when she is a teenager.  Their little personalities are so funny!

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - My friend's son was eating an apple yesterday and S cozied up to him so it ended up they were both holding the apple and eating it from opposite sides. Too cute!  Grocery shopping yesterday took three hours, no exaggeration, because she insisted on walking the whole time, pushing the cart for me, running up to everyone she saw and saying "hello!" and "helping" by placing random items in the cart. I am trying to think of grocery shopping as an activity now, rather than something to get done, so that the ridiculous amount of time it takes doesn't matter!

FR - Potatoes au gratin, roasted brussels sprouts, salmon

NRR - Yesterday evening, DH called me from work and said "I just talked to my sister and she said we can do Thanksgiving there instead." I was like "Are you insane, dude? I just went out an bought a turkey." So were are still doing it here.

~~~~~~

rg - Awesome on the counting to five! Have fun meeting your friend's new baby - big baby girl! Hope DH has a good birthday.

zorbs - Sorry to hear your poop is broken. Seriously, though, that sounds painful. Having a kid provides good cover at events like that if you don't want to be there. You can make yourself so busy taking care of your kid that you don't really have to socialize with anyone.

cx2 - Poor C! Does she drink a lot of milk? That can cause constipation. Ha, my DH's company always has holiday lunches for them, too, and I always ask how he goes back to work afterwards and doesn't need to take a nap!

eh - Lol at DD2 and "don't give me attitude!" so funny.

becky - So funny about C's response to a baby. This scenario might explain why so many men call their friends "bro".

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

RR:  Forgot to set my alarm so it didn't happen this morning.  Hoping I get off early tonight and can get in some miles.  My goal of 30 this week is not looking so good considering I have run 3....

TR:  Keep waking at at 5am saying "mommy, mommy" and then falls back asleep.

NRR:  Yesterday was such a positive, wonderful day. I feel like we have spent a lot of time receiving bad news, but yesterday was the opposite. Asked my preceptor if it was cool if I went to the retreat and he said of course. He ok'd me being off Friday and coming in late Monday.  Then my mom donated some miles and we were able to get the flight for super cheap. And DH got a (somewhat) guarantee that we can go to retreat. I came home in the best mood because it was just so nice to have things go right! And to top it off, I got to run in the perfect temp with the sun setting over the gorgeous Colorado fall colors.  And to make it even better - DH arrives tonight.  We have lots of fun stuff planned this weekend - pumpkin patch, zoo, runs, hikes, etc.

bbl later for personals - I am running a little late.

cx2 - A couple tips.  Have you tried giving her a few ounces of juice daily - either apple or prune?  That should get things moving.  Sometimes you have to do it consistently to get things moving though.  If not, a little stimulation can help like putting the tip of a thermometer or your finger in her bum.  You can also try metamucil (1/2 cap) or suppositories.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - do you cook meat for your DH? enjoy crunch & run, I would love to lead another learn to run course someday.

cx2 - the leg bicycling sometimes helped with poop but I don't think B has ever gone more than a day or 2 without going.

eh - I had the glute soreness before yesterday's run but it doesn't hurt during, it hurts randomly when sitting and when I stand up.  I don't really follow a recipe for F.O. soup.  Just caramelize some onions in butter & olive oil (I am too impatient to caramelize it properly, I just stir fry until brown) put in crockpot with water, beef broth, a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf.  Also a spoonful of marmite, which is the secret ingredient.  Then the usual baguette & gruyere cheese and broil in individual cups while serving.

becky - I hope B never asks for a sibling!

arm - haha on the fake spider.  Was it someone in costume?

ernie - well DH's family gets together at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter and I usually go to one of the 3 per year, so they are used to having me not show up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

ernie - yea, grocery shopping is way harder with C... we stopped taking her when she learned to walk because she wouldn't sit in the cart anymore... now if we take her, both DH and I have to be there.  How big of a turkey did you get?  We're hosting Dh's family but not for a couple of weeks due to scheduling issues, and the turkey we bought is being stored at my parents house!

stroller / arm - I don't think it's a constipation issue with C... I think it's b/c she doesn't poop at daycare so she holds it in... from Friday-monday (when she's not in daycare) she poops 2-3x a day without problem.. I also wonder if she's dehydrated since the daycare only gives them drinks at meal and snack time..

eh - I keep saying one day I'm going to make chicken torilla soup, but DH doesn't like soup, so he'd ask me why I didn't just make chicken tortillas!  

becky - someone I know just had her 3rd child, a boy, and she said she'd consider a 4th if it was guaranteed to be a girl, b/c her oldest wants a sister. I don't know if I could have another baby for the sole reason my kid asked for a sibling!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k suuuuuper easy today.  My legs are tired!  I have that trail race on Sunday so want to keep things light and easy till then.

TR - was awake before I left and wanted me to read her a story, I was happy to get to spend 5 mins with her this morning.

BR - was also awake but I didn't go in bc then she would have been screaming when I left and DH would have had to get up.  As it was she was just babbling.  I only saw her for 15 mins or so yesterday.

NRR - picking up dh's new car tonight, it's in a town 30  minutes north, so I think we'll just head up right after work, get dinner out somewhere and drive it home.  Too bad we don't have MIL to watch the girls!

FR - out somewhere, maybe boston pizza bc they have a great kids menu and have a deal on kids meals right now.  $10 for 10 meals! Smile

brb after coffee and bfast.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

RG - Happy birthday to your DH!  Enjoy your celebration.

zorbs - Awesome job on the fast running days.  Hope the physio helps with the pain.  When is the next race?  Great job to your DH.  Do you think he will start doing the longer distance races or stick with the 5ks?

eh - Hahaha on the don't give me attitude.  I love how they repeat things adults say and it sounds so funny from a kid's mouth.

becky - Cute on the brother.  Are sibs off the table for sure?  Hoping you have a better day at work today.

arm-  Sorry to hear you are feeling burned out.  Could you take a cutback week?  I got to that point in my last training and the cutback week was a) very enjoyable and b)made me feel so much better for the weeks after.  I cut back my mileage like 50%.  And I would cry too if a fake spider jumped out at me.

ernie - Makes sense to do thanksgiving a little farther apart.  It is pretty close to christmas but I guess we could Halloween as our October holiday.  Sorry you still have to host!  So cute about the apple - and that sounds like some awesome germ sharing, haha.

cx2 - Yeah dehydration could definitely be it.  It could still be that she is constipated because holding it in can make you constipated.  Basically if you don't get it out, you clog things up and everything gets hard and backed up.  Maybe you can ask if she can have some extra water.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - cute on R and the bday card!  Nice sized baby!  Happy bday to DH, have a great night and dinner!

zorbs - hope the physio can work out the butt pain!  Nice job on DH's 5k time! Ugh on the family get together... I would not be excited for 40+ people either.

cx2 - poor C! M had a period like that too, and we just upped her fiber in everything plus gave her tons of fruit.  She still says, 'fruit has fiber and fiber helps me go poo!' lol.

r-eh - hope work is good today.  LOL on DD!  That lumberjack cake sounds delicious!!

becky - hope you feel better!  LOL on hating babies!  I agree, no more babies in our house either.

arm - I know I am spoiled by my girls!  I think they'll give me some payback as teenagers though.  I wish I could go to Athleta!!

ernie - I hope the grocery trip tired her out at the very least!  LMAO @ dh... yeah he would say that right after you shopped.

stroller - I've woken up before my alarm both days this week, which is pretty annoying!  Sorry you forgot yours though, maybe you needed the extra rest though.  So great that you had such a good day yesterday!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Ok back but my mood has taken a nose dive.  I am always happy until I have to work.  I can credit this to stupid people....

RG:  Happy Birthday DH!

Zorbs:  I hope you can fix your broken poop Wink  Go G!

Cx2:  I just give C grape juice and then in minutes we have poop.  No other juice does it to him.

Eh!  Yum chicken tortilla is my fav but no one else in my house likes it.

Arm:  I love Athleta!

Ernie:  GHahahahah, especially since grocery shopping is no picnic Wink  Too cute on the apple eating.

Stroller:  Hoooray on the good day!!!!  Pretty sure siblings are off the table.  We are constantly back and forth on the issue.

Cx2:  Bwhahahaha, yeah that is not happening.  I remember my parents asking me if I wanted a younger sibling and I told them no - if we could get rid of the ones I already had that would be great.

CA: Yippee on new car!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rr-4 m with the stroller. I finally adjusted the ftont wheel when were done, hopefully it stops pulling to the right. Switching between stroller mode and bike trailer mode jacks up the alignment.

Tr- pooped his undies within 5 mins of dropoff yesterday but was dry the rest of the day. Can't decide if its a victory or not. Talks like crazy, told me he was sad I was going to work today.

Fr- made turkey meatloaf.  I haven't been a fan in the past because it turns out bland but I pureed carrots, celery, onion, garlic and a Chipotle pepper and it was flavorful but not hot.

Nrr- internet is still still broken so no personals today. Too hard from my phone. Oh I changed the house color- slightly darker and more gray green.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07