Womens Running

Merry Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sounds like the cold is getting to all of us. Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday after work I did 35 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of running.

Saturday I did my 35 minute run on the track at the gym. Foot was decent considering that was the first run on anything other than a TM for a long time.

Sunday I got in 35 minutes of cardio with 15 minutes of running. The foot got more rest this weekend since temps were to low to go out and shop much. It was a blessing in disguise.

Today I plan to go to the track. We shall see how that goes.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning   Monday is upon us once again.  2.5 miles on the TM, followed by some planking.

Judy - have a good track run, hope the foot continues to improve

Carol - yes, I'm doing the Bayshore Half, it seems so far away with the current temps and weather, but I know it will be here in no time (at least that's what I'm telling myself lol)

Lisa - ouch on the sciatica, hope if feels better soon.

Tessa - I have not heard of this group, but sorry your church and city will have to deal with that bunch.

Hope every one has a good day and enjoy it if you're off for the holiday.  My office is open, so I am working.  Have to travel today, which I'm not looking forward to other than it tends to make the day go by more quickly!

Bikerchick1

Judy - This cold does seem to want to make you stay in the house and hibernate!

Laura - Yes, Bayshore will be here before you know it!!!  Fun to think that we will actually have green grass Smile

Long work day ahead today.  Would like to get to a class after work or something at home.  Really miss having Monday's off.....I never get to my stability ball class anymore Sad

Enjoy your Monday!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA yesterday.  Between the bad migraine on Saturday and the errands yesterday, I had no time.  The migraine continued throughout the day, so I didn't run on Saturday.  Then, I smashed the HM on Sunday beating all my expectations and running a 2:10 with 5 easy and 8 at MP.  It was a good day for me.  Tonight, it's 6-7 miles.  Pilates in a few minutes since I am off work.

Judy, enjoy the track.

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Carol, sorry about the long workday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Tessa, that's quite a training run! That should take care of having to pay at weight Watchers.

lisa, I hope your back gets better soon!

ginny, you've mention a 5 mi running video.  What is the name?  On days like today, I could use it.

Cindy, I checked the Amazon reviews for 50 shades again since movie came out. One of them said don't read the book, read the critical reviews because they were much more entertaining and better written.  : ) I thought of your question.

carol, I think your decision about the race was quite understandable. This is supposed to be enjoyable.

hi to everyone else!

I did a couple miles this morning and it's brisk out there. We're under a winter storm watch with freezing rain predicted, but they keep updating and it seems less likely. We got a robo call from the county saying we should stay home and I'm complying. I'm going to quilt but may do 4 this afternoon if the wind stops.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day.  Will take the pups for their daily short spin though as we continue to make them fit again.

Tessa I knew it wasn't a birthday this month  for you but the 52 seemed like it was what you were doing.  They picketed here a few years ago.  Our church was one of them they hit.  Our pastor was very specific to ignore them, to not engage them at all not even a word and they would go away.  Since they got no rise out of any one, they did leave.  I don't get how they think this is very Christian.  Such a strange group.

Dad starts PT today.  Thankfully they are in network at that facility so his copay is only $10.  That should help as he can afford that.  I told them if he started to balk at it at all to call me and I'd take care of his balance. He needs it a lot.

Waves to everyone.

Marjorie

Hooray for federal holidays. Enjoying my coffee at home and pondering what to do with this beautiful unseasonably warm day. I already scoured the sink and cleaned the nastiness out of the disposal so I'm feeling productive already.

Marjorie, hope the PT is helpful for your dad and he sticks with it.

Tessa, those Westboro folks are a sad excuse for humans, much less Christians.  Good luck next weekend.

Judy, nice workouts as usual.  Hope the foot is happier.

LC, safe travels today.

Carol, hope your long workday is tolerable or at least passes quickly.

Damaris, great job on the HM!

Camille, good luck with your weather. Hopefully the freezing rain goes elsewhere.  But not to someone else here.  Smile

Lisa, ouch on the sciatica.  If your piriformis is knotted up, sitting on a tennis ball can help. Or foam roller under the butt cheek if a tennis ball is too painful.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for 6.6 miles this morning. While it's certainly not as frigid as it is for many of you, it was pretty raw and chilly. And we're supposed to get snow turning into sleet later today, so the boys will most likely be out of school tomorrow. Oh well, it's still much better than last year.

Tessa - it would be nice if everyone would just completely ignore those Westboro idiots. The pain they bring to already-grieving families is absolutely reprehensible. I'm always amazed at the number of "Christians" who behave in very unChristlike ways.

Lisa - ouch on the sciatica. I second what Gatsby says about the tennis ball - I've gotten relief from that in the past. I put it between my butt and the wall so that I can control the amount of pressure a bit more.

Judy - glad the foot is holding up.

Laura - safe work travels.

Carol - sounds like cancelling the race yesterday was the smart move.

Damaris - nice job on rocking the half! It's always nice when a race goes better than you expected.

Camille - we're pretty much holed up for the day here, too. I suspect tomorrow may be worse - it's cold enough that any precip we get probably won't melt.

Marjorie - I hope your dad sticks with the PT and that it helps.

Gatsby - I SHOULD be working, but instead I've been enjoying my coffee and my book. The perils of working from home.

Speaking of work, I really do need to do some. Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Kind of a weird day.  I have it off but dd has school.  Originally had planned on using it for a nice long run but temps being -11 actual at 8am were not going to make that possible so figured I'd do nice long workouts at gym but dumb sciatic limited that.  Still did an hour on each of the elliptical and the wave rider (cross between stair machine and elliptical).  Tried the treadmill but glute kept catching so gave that up quickly.  I seem to recall that lots of treadmill running does a number on me from past years.  I hate winter for this reason.

Tried making a massage appointment but most are closed on Monday so that isn't happening.  Have been rolling leg and butt check while I've read.  I may even take a nap.  The throbbing sort of makes you tired.

Have acorn squash in the over baking and with some cinnamon on it I swear it smells like pumpkin pie!!  Hmm... I guess I could whip up some heavy cream and put it on it to make it close.

Judy-glad to hear foot doing well!

Laura-safe travels.

Carol-hibernate.... zzz...

Damaris-congrats on the awesome half!!  I guess there is something to the Heart Rate training after all!

Camille-freezing rain in mountain areas aren't good.  smart to stay home.

Marjorie-hope PT goes well for dad!

Gatsby-no tennis ball around but have been sitting on the foam roller.

Cindy-my dd was hoping for a "cold day" today but with no real wind the real temp of -11 was the feel temp so they had school.  Some didn't though.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

I ran 8 with strides this afternoon. 18 degrees, feels like 10. It wasn't bad, but I'm hoping it's one of the last cold weather runs I do. So ready to move. We're getting 5-8 inches of snow overnight, which is not much compared to Boston or pretty much anywhere north, but it's enough to shut this place down for awhile. I went to the grocery store early this morning, then went into the office to get my computer, because I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be a work from home day.

Stay warm and dry, everyone.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Busy day! 9.1 with RN this morning. We drove to TJs, parked there, went for a run, then came back and went grocery shopping. Graded papers, packed for trip this weekend, reviewed a bunch of insurance stuff for various classes.

Judy., hope the track workout went well.

Laura, you haven't missed much. They are a group of haters founded by the patriarch, Fred Phelps, who died last year but whose children and extended family are continuing the legacy. Their primary website is a nasty antigay slur and they are of the opinion that God is allowing American soldiers to die in various conflicts because America doesn't criminalize, ban, and persecute homosexuality. (My opinion: God has more important things to worry about than who's sleeping with who.)

Sorry you had to work today!

Karen, hang in there. Only a few more weeks until you move to TX!

Carol, sorry you can no longer make the stability ball class. No way of making sure you can leave early on Mondays?

Damaris, nice time! Was that during a race or on a practice run?

Camille, still .2 over, but going in the right direction.

Marjorie, hope your dad's PT goes well.

Margaret, cleaning out the disposal? I suppose we all have to do it sometimes.

Cindy, hope your weather isn't as bad as scheduled.

Lisa, sciatica? Not fair. You have enough on your plate. Hope you can fix it.