Womens Running

Weekly Wednesday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

Once a week. Every week.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Big grin

Off to work today.

Tuesday I felt well enough to run an hour in the morning. It felt so good to run again. Car is fixed. It may need another repair but is good to go now. Changing gas caps may be the answer...not sure. It runs really well.

Today I plan to go to work, then run when I get home. I’ll probably go to a friend’s house for a light supper.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!   I went to my mom's, then to Chapel Hill to daughter's for Thanksgiving then back to mom's. I'm home  for first time in 10 days. It's so nice.  I've checked on you ladies intermittently though.

Marjorie, I'm glad you're getting in a few miles again and hope that hip cooperates!

Tessa, it's been nice to "see" you more!  I was happy to read about your 20+mile run.

Ginny, did you enjoy the Christmas tour?   Would you do it again in a few years? I'll bet your house was gorgeous and now you get to relax and enjoy it!

Gatsby, good luck this weekend.  I'm looking forward to your report and to finding out if you think the coaching was worth it. Are you still hoping for a pr? Goal?

Karen, congrats on your  50!  Nice job!  Congrats on the new car, too. I hate buying cars, but will prob need to next year. My Toyota has >115,000 miles.

Lisa, it's nice to read that you're getting to do some miles, but I'm sorry about the hot spot.  Do they think it's scar tissue?

Laura, I'm glad your cold is gone.  Is your new job still good?

Judy, 85 lbs?  Wow. I'm glad you're beginning to recover.

Cindy, nice pic of the boys on FB.  Good luck on your race this weekend!

Carol, I don't think I commented on the wedding. I'm glad it was fun and the MIL didn't spoil it completely.

I did an 8k turkey trot. 53:40, clock, no chip. It was 24 degrees!  Nice race though and they gave us a stocking hat.

I've been taking it pretty easy for a couple weeks with just a few miles at a time due to  pain in my rt groin/hip area when I'm getting out of bed or getting up, but not walking. Per Dr. Google, it at first seemed like bursitis with pain mostly on the outside, but now it's more in the groin when I'm trying to get up from a side lying position. I imagine I look pretty funny getting OOB-move an inch, stop and lie very still, try pillow between legs before trying again, move a couple inches...  At least when I finally get up,, it's good. : )

LC Runs

Good Morning, happy it's Wednesday,   Office day, so no bad weather driving, other than getting to the office, which is close.

4.2 on TM, got about 4 inches of snow overnight, supposed to warm up and turn to rain, which ought to be a mess.  Snow is very pretty on the trees.

Lisa - glad DH is doing better.  Sorry about the knee issue, must be so frustrating!

Judy - so glad you are back at it and feeling better

Camille - wow, lots of travel for you, glad things are going well.  Yes, I am feeling much better, still a lingering cough (mostly at night).  I still really like my job, I just have to get used to the travel, which of course includes the most northern (and snowy) region.  At my last job, I had to travel, but had control over the schedule and could change plans if it was nasty.  Here, we are on strict timelines, so it's not as easy to do that.  Oh well, winter's only....6 months of the years, right?  lol

From last night:

Cindy - sounds like you've had some great workouts!

Carol - I think we are doing Resolution Run, as well!  Yes, I got into Bayshore with no issues but I was prepared, I had the correct website and log in so it went smoothly.  Filled in about 37 minutes.

Damaris - hey there!   Yes, today should be less stressful Smile

Gatsby - ha, love the robot pic!  I loved Lost in Space

Anonymous Guest

Spoke too soon yesterday. Started feeling progressively worse all day, so no running or exercise for me. Still not feeling that great, depending on my workload I may go home early and nap this afternoon.

I finished my JFK RR. It's a long one, here if you're interested:

http://karenrunsfar.blogspot.com/2013/12/jfk-50-yes-miles.html

Edited: hmm, for some reason the link is not linking...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hey!  Group Power class this morning.  Instructor forgot her ipad, so she played some old routines she had downloaded to her phone.  It was fun to do some of the old routines, but took a couple of bars to remember what to do.

FOG!!  Hope it clears before tomorrow's run.  One of the guys said he would be there in the morning to run with me.  We will see.

Lisa--hope DH is better today--and not sick from the anesthesia...

Judy--my car may need a new gas cap too.  The sensor keeps going on and off...will take her to the shop tomorrow for oil change.

Karen--hope you start feeling better.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hip is sore. So didn't run. Done with meetings. Getting on plane to go home.

Lisa as how is dh today?

Camille le it is a lot better. Some soreness still but it will get there.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Hope DH's recovery is going ok.  Bummer on the pain in your knee Sad  Are you going back to see surgeon?

Judy - Glad to see you are back exercising and feeling better!

LCruns - 37 minutes....wow!  That race is so popular!  4 inches of snow :0 - yikes...ours all melted today.

Camille - You have been busy!!!  Thanks for the comment on the wedding....DD's MIL still has not spoken to her....weird...they were at their house at Thanksgiving and some of the family members (that were at the wedding) pulled DD aside and told her not to let her actions bother her "she is just like that"....and that the wedding was beautiful but MIL acted horribly, sat at the reception and complained Angry

Karen - Hope you are feeling better!   Will read your RR Smile

Crazysue - Hope you get your run in with RB!

Marjorie - Safe travels!

Did my 4 mile run tonight, temp was in the 40's, home a bit early so I coud run in the semi dark.  I really think I bruised my tailbone at spin class.....it is so painful...I am bummed.  My legs are pretty sore too.....that class was a killer!

Carol

DH is doing well.  He wanted to drive tomorrow to pick up dd from school.  Uhhh... no. Not while you have a Novacaine pump numbing your right arm.  Sheesh!

Am going to doc on Monday. Will see about that chicken shot but think they need to re MRI it.  Something is in there and not right.

Lisa