Womens Running

Tired Tuesday Supermoms (Read 10 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on 5-6 miles after my first PT client this morning. I was up 5, yes FIVE, freaking times to pee last night. I am really hoping for a nap today.

TR: thanks for the PT advice on FB! I think we are going to take a little break and try again in a week or two. We spent all of yesterday afternoon outside playing with his water table and the hose. Kept us both cool in the 88* temps. No nap yesterday = 4 days in a row Sad

PGR: 38 weeks today! Have to pre-register at the hospital this morning, and I have my weekly OB appt. tomorrow.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - got an email from a studio for a free birthday yoga class, so headed there this morning.

KR - vehemently did not want to go to school, and did not want to go to music class, but came out of both smiling.

FR - Tuesday special.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - B had ZERO interest in PT until almost 4 and then he trained 100%. No bribery or anything worked.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10k tonight w/ RP.  I ended up having a last minute massage yesterday, wow did it ever hurt in a mostly good way.  She went to town on my hip flexors.

KR - always stalls at bedtime, says she isn't tired, but once you get her still in her bed for 30 seconds she's out.

TR - I had to run out to get a couple things last night and I guess she threw two massive tantrums, one when I left and the other when DH took her out of her chair at dinner when she threw her dinner on the floor.

FR - DH in charge.  Last night we had steaks, they were really good!

NRR - my dad brought over a load of gravel that they don't want from their yard, so I spent the evening laying landscaping fabric, moving cement blocks and hauling gravel all in the rain.  I broke my June dresses and wore jeans, I think it was justified as I was filthy and wet by the end.

RG - That sucks that R is not napping, especially with the baby coming so soon.  Ugh on the pee trips!  I hope you get that nap in.

zorbs - that's cool that the yoga studio gives out free birthday classes!  I've never heard of that.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

RR:  not sure about today. I have been really good with every other day. Lots of activity yesterday which was nice.

BR:  I love that he wakes up talking and happy. Such a difference from J.

TR:  does not leave his brother alone in the most annoying way!

NRR:  trying to decide if we are going to hang out at home, or go somewhere. I had thought of the library, but we will see.

FR:  I've actually been making dinners. Last night was sloppy joes. Not sure about tonight. Either left overs or grilled hot dogs.

zorbs -  that is an awesome birthday perk!  My bday is July 1 and DH gave me cash last Fri when I happened to be by lulu, so I got a new pair of shorts and love them!

Rg - sorry naps aren't happening. I've heard of a lot of kids that drop naps early. I dread the day. I was convinced H would be early.  No such luck.

CA - I missed the reason for the dresses in June. A massage sounds awesome!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.6 miles with the stroller this morning.

TR: Took him to the library for the first time last night. Signed him up for the summer reading program, too, but it feels like cheating since I'm reading to him. I might take him to some of the affiliated activities that fall outside work hours. Of course the cool Science center activity is tomorrow. At 3 Sad

FR: Last night was roasted chicken and steamed veggies. Going to mexican with my college roommate today. #dietfail  need willpower to avoid the chips.

NRR: Concrete yard curbing looks great. I see more rock picking in my future tonight. Hopefully the teenage boys make a good dent in it today.

RG- I think a lot of PT comes down to personality. R loves bribes and is eager to please. Yay for preregistering! Have you installed the carseat yet? That's when stuff started feeling real for me.

Zorbs- how was the birthday froyo. Sorry you're still not feeling much releif yet.

CA- I can sympathize with what you did last evening!

Mer- How's the summer break going so far? Any fun plans coming up?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - Our company is the title sponsor of a charity thing called June Dresses, it's raising money for a cause called All in for girls that is working to reduce dropout rates of high school girls, and to work on empowering them, etc.  I'm wearing dresses every day in June.  In our house it's O who's the annoying sibling.

spike - yes I thought of you last night!  I was also glad that I've been ST'ing quite a bit as I was carrying, and deadlifting 100lb patio stones.  I say if you spend the evening rock picking, you can have a few chips with dinner Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I have an inbox full of birthday deals, just have to get around to doing it all.

mer - DH is trying to dictate what I should do with my birthday money "suggesting" that I use it to pay the bills...um maybe but I am buying myself stuff first!

spike - I had some NY cheesecake froyo under the mint chocolate and I should have gone with 100% mint chocolate.  The double chocolate cookie dough topping was my favourite.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR2- ran a little over 6 steamy miles this morning. summer is definitely here!

zorbs- ugh, another year of changing R's diapers doesn't sound like my idea of fun! both of my nephews were closer to 4 too when they PT'd. Glad that B had fun at school and music class. how was yoga?

CA- yay for a massage! I had tendonitis in one of my hip flexors in college, and it was annoying to get rid of. I could still run with no pain, but anytime I did speed work or raced it would flare up. I missed half of the races my junior yr of xc. Ugh on the bedtime stalling- that makes me so mad. All I want to do is sit down and put my feet up for a few minutes before I have to go to bed, and kid you're not helping the process! Boo on the tantrums. Wow- great workout with the yard last night! I worked landscaping during the summers while I was in college, and I miss it.

mer- hope your summer is going well! I'm glad that H is such a happy baby for you. I remember how hard it was with J for a long time. hope you have a great day, whatever you end up doing! how's your hip feeling? I'm blaming DH for the lack of naps- he's letting R sleep too late in the mornings. I told him that he needs to make sure he's up by 7am. This morning he went in to wake R, who convinced DH to lay down with him and they both slept til 7:30. Awesome. Saturday he let him sleep until 8:15. Ughhhhh.

spike- nice run today! summer reading program sounds like fun. how many days/week is it? Yes, carseat went in on Sunday, and my bag is packed and ready to go! Hope you enjoy the Mexican food. DH isn't a big fan of Mexican, so we never go out for it. R was doing really well with the sticker chart and promise of a reward when x number of spots were filled. I just think he's lost interest.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Your DH is not a real American if he doesn't like Mexican food Wink  In my town we have 4 Mexican restaurants (plus another taco stand opening soon), 4 pizza places, 2 asian restaurants that suck, and then a bunch of greasy spoon diners, dive bars, and fast food burger places, so we go out for Mexican quite a bit. We live in a big agriculture area so there is a high hispanic population and they bring their delicious recipes with them. I could eat tacos every day.   The summer reading program is a reward chart thing on the honor system. You color in a little thing for ever 15 mins of reading, and if you hit 5 hours before the end of the summer, you get a prize. They have some themed programs like the science center visit, a puppet show, story time, etc that goes along with it.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07