Womens Running

October's Here Tuesday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: crunch and run class this morning, plus more mileage afterwards. I'd like to total 7 miles for the day.

TR: says "uh oh" now, and it's super cute. we spent all afternoon after his nap outside until supper time yesterday, and it was so nice out! walked to the park and played there for almost 2hrs.

NRR: not too much going on, which is nice!

Bermy- your workouts and running has been amazing lately, I suspect you will blow your 5K PR out of the water this weekend!

Mer- happy due date! Hope lil man decides to come out and meet you soon Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

holy crap, you beat me to it, rg!

RR - 13K easy, 10 with Emma and another loop around the block by myself.

TR - when DH woke him up from his nap and took him to music class, there was no screaming or tears.

FR - crockpot pulled pork, kale slaw.  Got some sbux coupons in the mail yesterday so I'll be going there for post-run breakfast instead of Tim Hortons.

NRR - I got a call from work just as B and DH were leaving music class - old RP's daughter was in a car accident and RP needed me to cover for her for the last 3 hours while she went to see if her daughter was ok.  I considered saying no for about 2 seconds - because I'm lazy - but then I remembered the bajillion times RP stepped in to save my ass in terms of baby sitting and work and decided to go.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR   -I skipped my run.  My knee was sore just walking last night so I decided to give it some more rest.  It doesn't hurt this morning, so I may give it a go later on today.  I have a 25k trail race on Saturday, so I would like it to be in running shape for that.  What do you all think??

NRR - went to a retirement party for a coworker last night.  It's funny seeing people out of uniform, I hardly recognized some of them.

FR - meal plan and groceries today!

KR - School is exhausting DS, he comes home and just cries.  He does love school though.

rg - hope the class goes well - have a great run!  I think uh oh is one of the cutest things kids say - I still smile when the kids say it!

zorbs - good of you to go in to cover RP's daughter!  Yum on your FR!  Enjoy that Sbux bfast.  What did you end up getting?

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - 12 minutes on the elliptical (that's all I had time for), ST/core

TR - it was another one of those evenings where I felt like she hated me... tears and tantrums.  At the restaurant, she would only eat if she sat on my lap, then had a meltdown when she spilled rice on the floor.  Everyone keeps telling me her evening crankiness is a phase and it'll pass, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like the worst parent in the world when she acts out.

NRR - switching back to tea for a few days... the coffee isn't doing it for me..

zorbs - that's great you were able to step in and help your old RP out!

RG - uh oh is cute!  But we have to be careful with uh oh b/c C understands it means something "bad" happened and sometimes she'll cry if we say uh oh, thinking she did something wrong...

eh - I say see how your run goes today and maybe try to run on a trail before Saturday to see how the knee holds up... the knee may react differently to trails vs non trails...

Erniegirl

RR - 8k tempo

TR - Loved her swimming lesson again and was craaaazy afterwards. When we got home, I gave her a snack and put the TV on so I could get dinner ready. Next thing I knew, she'd got a jar of diaper rash cream open, had her shirt off and was rubbing globs of it all over her belly and chest. I got her cleaned up and went to hide the cream. When I came back, she'd pulled a roll of tinfoil out of a drawer and was running around unwinding it behind her. When I was cleaning that up, she took off again. I found her hiding in my bed, laughing and eating a cookie that she'd somehow got her hands on.

NRR - DH came home just as I was going to bed at 11 pm, so we ended up sitting around chatting and I stayed up past midnight. One of my good friends is in town from Ottawa for a couple of days and is coming over tonight and bringing curry chicken for dinner. One of these days I will get to bed early!

~~~~

bermy - I'm sure you'll be very speedy at your race on Saturday. Wearing sports bra alone automatically makes you faster! You are very lucky that DS has the patience to shop with you like that. When I shop with S in tow, I am lucky if I can try on one thing!

rg - "Uh oh" might be the cutest toddler expression! S likes to drop things on purpose just so she can say it. The weather is gorgeous this week but I feel like we are getting swarmed by wasps whenever we go to the park at this time of year.

zorbs - Hmm, I wonder if I will get sbux coupons on the mail, too. I hope so! Nice that you covered for former RP. Hopefully it wasn't a bad accident!

eh - Oh no on the knee hurting again! Can you go to physio or back to the sports doc this week?

cx2 - It is hard enough getting a toddler to behave in a restaurant when they are in the best of moods, let alone when they are tired.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

RR:  Last XC meet of the season tonight!  Whoop!  The Assistant Principal is putting the kids on the bus and is in charge of everything tonight.  My co-coach can't be there and I didn't want the full responsibility on me given the date.

TR:  Only saw him for about an hour last night.  He was sweet though.

NRR:  DH's grandpa had a heart attack last Friday morning.  They found out yesterday that there was some internal bleeding, but couldn't pinpoint the location.  So, after work, DH went to the hospital to visit because his mom told him he should.  I can't visit because of an infection that grandpa has (MERSA).  I felt horrible for not being there with my husband as he couldn't even talk on the phone he was so upset.  Too much bad stuff going on with DH's family.

FR:  Didn't get home until late so I just started shoveling food in my mouth.  I tried plain yogurt with berries, granola, and some chocolate syrup.  Threw it away.  Just can't do the plain yogurt I guess.  Ended up with pie and ice cream for my main meal.

PGR:  Feeling weepy today.  I truly didn't think I would still be pregnant on my due date.  Inside I will be giving everyone with a comment today a big F-U.  On the outside I will be smiling.  I am SO sick of the comments.

rg - Thanks for thinking of me.  Are you doing a full this weekend?  Or were you just sending a shout out to those who are?

zorbs - J is two different people between DH and I.  It sucks, and I know DH feels bad, but that is just the way it is.

eh - Thats funny about recognizing your coworkers.  My students are similar in when they see me outside of school they are in shock because I may not have dress clothes on!

cx2 - The babysitter that kicked J out once told us that mom always gets the brunt of the behavior....because we are mom.  It sucks.  The emotions of a toddler just blow me away!

ernie - S is quite the little girl!  I love those nights when DH and I end up chatting.  It is worth going to bed late.  Hope you have a good day today.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

haha B is playing with an old CO2 detector, he was doing the test beeps in my room and I told him to do it in the kitchen because my ears were broken.

"mommy buy new ears?"  I wonder if you can buy new ears at Hot Wheels store.

rg - wineglass is on my list of to-do races.

eh - I think you should head back to the doctor/physio soon! I had a cinnamon dolce latte and some kind of veggie and egg breakfast sandwich but there were no visible veggies so I took a picture and tweeted it to sbux.  No reply yet.  B's music teacher didn't recognize me when I was all dressed up for work vs. his class when I'm in classic mom hoodie + yoga pants.

cx2 - in addition to the crankiness being a phase, you should really try not to take it personally.  Kids are just like that.

ernie - DH tried to go in the backyard with B yesterday and even HE said it was a mosquito-fest back there.  Mosquitoes in October? next there will be mosquitoes at Christmas.  If you like pumpkin spice lattes the coupons will be right up your alley.

mer - I was still pg on my due date, felt absolutely NOTHING all day and then the rumbles started late afternoon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

beckykay

Morning!!!!

RR:  I think 5 on schedule tonight.  Probably speedwork on the TM rather than track.  I have so much to get done this week and so little time to do it.

TR:  Would not go to bed last night so of course I couldn't him out of bed this morning.

NRR:  Grocery shopping, blah.  We are going to visit my family in NC this weekend so I was trying to avoid having to go before then but if I don't we have cereal and that's about it.  Oh and my mother is freaking out over the gov't shutdown.  My father is a shipyard worker so he will be sent home today.

FR:  Takeout

RG:  I love the uh oh's Smile  I love not much going on, which rarely happens for me.

Zorbs:  Sbux coupons?  I need some of those Smile  Let me know when you do wineglass, I definitely want to do it again.

Eh:  I would take it easy until the race.

cx2:  Just go to walmart, then you won't feel like the worst parent in the world.  that always help me see that there are worse parents.

Ernie:  I cannot for the life of me go to bed early here lately.  Good thing I am back on the sauce.  I would die without caffeine.

Mer:  Hahaha on the pie and icecream.  I can't do plain yogurt either.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 12k w/ tempo, not sure exactly what, last week I did 2x2 mi, so maybe 4 mi?

TR - fell asleep watching diego yesterday afternoon.  She still went to bed well and slept till almost 7 though.

BR - was up twice last night.  Not sure what's going on with her.  She has two new teeth, but they are both through.

NRR - It's oct 1st, which means I have daycare!  I probably should be less excited and more sad, but I'm looking forward to some alone time in my house.  Planning on sending them for just part of the day today, time to do my run, have a nice long bubble bath... not sure how long that will be.  Maybe until just after lunch so that I don't have to make lunch for them, lol.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I asked DH to watch R while I went running solo tonight, so when I got home he annouced he was taking R scouting for deer. Score! I ran 6.75 miles, ended up with 60+ miles for Sept, so I feel much better about that.

TR: Slept in so I took him to daycare in his jammies. Got the dinosaur costume from Becky, can't wait to try it on him when he's not belligerent and pee soaked (long story).

FR: Last night was broiled chicken thighs and fusilli alfredo, tonight is ham hock and pinto bean soup that I already started in the CP.

NRR: Allergies are clearing up a bit after night 2 of taking 2 doses of benadryl before bed. Our camping gear arrived, we need to sift through it and check it out.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- In our house, the phrase is usually "uh oh, pee pee" accompanied by a wet spot...

zorbs- that was nice of you to cover for your old RP.

eh- if your knee is too sore to do training runs, I think a 25k trail race sounds like a bad idea. No race is worth having to take months off for injury. I imagine school has got to be tiring for the little ones Sad

cx2- I don't remember how old C is, but we went through a period when we had to put R to bed extra early (6-6:30 pm) because he was just so cranky all the time. I hate taking R to restaurants, it takes all the fun out of it.

ernie- have fun with your friend tonight. I probably would have lost it on R if he smeared cream everywhere!

Mer- sorry about Dh's grandpa Sad   I had people lecture me on "working in my condition" or look horrified when they asked my due date and I replied "3 days ago"- remind them that a due date is not an expiration date. I feel bad for you, this part of pregnancy is like the last 10k in the marathon.

Becky- MIL is on furlough as of today too- works for USBR. I always try to eat everything in the fridge before we leave, but then I forget that I have to do a huge shopping trip when I come back.

CA- how's the job hunt going? What your company is doing is total BS. Yay for daycare!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: 7.6 miles this morning, a little over 2 with class, and the rest by myself afterwards. i'm so proud of the progress my students have made- they did 2.15 miles non-stop for the first time today!

zorbs: nice run today! glad that B was good for DH going to music class. isn't it crazy how different they can be for each parent? mmm, starbucks! yikes, I hope that RP's daughter is ok! YESSSSSSSSS- come do wineglass!!!! and stay for an extra day after- i'll take you on a wine tour around Seneca Lake Smile

reh- sorry that your knee is still sore. i'd try a short run later today- no speedwork/hills/tempo until it's feeling back to normal. glad the party was fun last night. aw, poor DS, is he in kindergarten this year?

Cx2- hey, 12 minutes is better than nothing! it's hard NOT to feel bad when your kid has a meltdown, as a mom you feel like you must have somehow contributed to it (even though it is just a phase). hang in there, you're doing a great job! mmm, I drink tea mostly in the fall/winter in the evenings- I love curling up on the couch with a hot cup!

Ernie- enjoy your tempo run today! OMG- sounds like swimming class just gets S all wound up! lol have fun with your friend tonight. oh no on the wasps- we've had a few cold nights so most of the bugs are gone, fortunately.

Mer- yay for last XC meet- probably a good thing to have someone else going! Yikes- I Hope your DH's grandma is ok (and your DH too!) plain yogurt is definitely an acquired taste, but once you get used to it, you can't' go back! sorry about the weepy feeling, hugs mama!!! I am sending lots of speedy easy labor vibes your way! not doing the full- just a shout-out. I didn't sign up for it this year b/c I thought i'd be pg by now. really wish I had, as Wineglass is one of my favorite races of all time, and it's local. Sad

Becky- good luck with the TM speedwork tonight! hope t goes well. Your pic of C still sleeping on FB was cute this morning. sorry to hear the shutdown affected your dad. hope you have a good visit with your family!

CA- enjoy that Tempo run today! yay for M catching up on some sleep. ugh on the two night wakeups- it's so hard to get used to those again once they start STTN! hope that daycare goes well today. i'd totally love a morning alone in the house!

spike-nice job on the run last night!!! lol on R going to daycare in his pj's- that's cute! glad that your allergies are clearing up a bit! when are you guys going camping? hahaha about the pee/wet spot!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- we might not be able to do an overnight trip until next year. This was my 2nd trimester bonus splurge. DH will use some of the gear at elk camp though.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - I looked at the sbux coupons and they are for canadian sbux only, sorry.

CA - I absolutely cherish my tues/wed/thurs alone in my house naptimes.

spike - what kind of gf pasta do you use for the alfredo? I ate kale salad yesterday and didn't massage it and wasn't half as good, plus the dressing wouldn't stick to the leaves.  then I tooted a symphony during my entire run today.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - That's awesome that your class is going so well! Love the 'uh-ohs'!!

zorbs - glad you were able to help old RP out... hope her daughter is ok!

r-eh - Sad on your knee. Did you get any diagnosis on what it was? If not I'd try to see someone else who might give you more guidance.

cx2 - you're doing great with C! I know it's hard to not feel the pressure to have them behave but it's normal for kids that age to be miserable when they are tired in the evenings!

ernie - lmao at S after swimming. M has done the diaper cream before - what a pain it is! But then she's too timid or afraid of the timeouts that will come to take it any further.

mer - happy due date! Hang in there, it is hard getting to your due date, I didn't with M but did with O.

becky - hope the 5 goes well! I don't mind speedwork on the TM, makes the time go by fast!

spike - awesome run yesterday! Mmm your food sounds good this week! Not much out there on the job front, there are only a handful of companies i could work for in the city and non of them seem to be hiring right now, keeping my ears open but I just have to be patient.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/