Womens Running

First Weekend in January (Over 40) (Read 229 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off we go!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off to run and then hair cut.  Dh gets to take the pups to the pool today since my hair appt is at 10.  House is clean and yard is okay so maybe I can just do nothing today!

Tessa impressive list of all those going so far.

Amy oh I hope you do HM!  It will be so fun.

Well I talked to twin.  He is so clueless but at least we are on the same page now.  My 15 yo nephew answered the phone and wow he sounds exactly like my brother.  I mean exactly!

I see Damaris made her way here!  Yay!  We won't bite, promise

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

about to head up to Elkton MD for the Phunt 50K. It's cold out there. Luckily doesn't start until 9, at which point it should be above freezing.

Tessa, Carol is also planning on the full. Although her travel plans may be up in the air as I think she was driving with Lisa. And they were both staying in my room, so I assume Carol still is.

Marjorie, good morning. I need a haricut as well, but that is one of my least favorite things to do. I usually go in once or twice a year and just have them chop several inches off. It's past time...

Welcome to our little thread Damaris! We don't card. I occasionally post (but mostly lurk) in Beginners, so I feel like I already know you a little!

Okay, enough procrastinating, I'm off.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Disney freak

Good Morning everyone!

On the schedule for today: 6 miles (as soon as the sun comes up!) then we are off to a new science museum in Dallas.  Tomorrow I am going to try a little yoga I found on youtube that's supposed to be good for runners.

Scored some cold weather running clothes on clearance at Target yesterday.  While it's not some fancy brand, it never gets super cold down here.  Maybe under 20 for a week or so just in the morning.  I got some tights, 2 shirts and a bright pink jacket with a hood for $55.  Will test them out this morning...

Only two days left in my Christmas break... Smile Cry

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
          • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
          • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
          • training for Big D half on 4/14

Hi all.  Back in Michigan after 3 busy days in NYC.  Only ran on hotel tm there once. Was set to get up and run outside yesterday, woke up at 4am thought I'd lay in bed until 5:30. Looked at time next and it was 8am.  Wow. That rarely happens. Oh well. I did get out and walk around alot on Thursday.  Couple of miles actually. Pretty to see the tree in Rock Center.. but I sure htought that rink was much bigger!!!

Wanting to go outside but sheesh. It's currently 17 with a feels like of 10.  Will be wearing Nathan hydration vest underneath fleece today to keep it from freezing. Not to mention the smartwools!

I am out for HM and need to transfer registration to Tessa.  On the flip side I am looking very much in for Shadow of the Giants which is the weekend before my nephews wedding and will work at Mountain View office a few days in between so that flights are work related.  Also have my NJ coworker interested in the 20k at Shadow.  Need to make travel arrangements before I register this time.

Nice activity for all that are getting out there and if you're not... well "at least it's not November" and we'll be getting out of this mid winter / holiday doldrums soon.

Lisa

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

It is a lovely morning.  I have been sitting in my comfy chair sipping on freshly ground coffee, reading Max Lucado's "Fearless," and enjoying my canine foot warmer on my ottoman.  The quiet of morning, before the house begins to stir, is a beautiful time.

No workout for me today. It would be a running day, but my tailbone just will not tolerate the bouncing right now.  I will go to my roller skating lessons tomorrow and work up a good sweat.  I just have to be sure and fall forward, like I've taught.  Smile

Camille - Yes, the estate work is tough.  My parents trusted me enough to give me the job of executor, and it is definitely a blessing and a curse.  I lost my Dad in 2000 and Mom has been gone 3 years.  I think I missed her more this holiday season than any one prior.  So, it was very nice to get this surprise from her.   How did the Red nose go??

Marjorie - Ahhh, the bipolar explains a little.  I am glad that he has kids that care enough to step up when things feel out of sort.  And, you're right, there's only so much you can do.  People the right to make bad choices.... no matter how much we want to protect them from their consequences.

Damaris - welcome to the group!!  I'm glad you found us.  You will find this to be a helpful, experienced, funny, and caring group of women.

Linda - How did date night go?  Was the coffee AND the movie good?

Karen - looking forward to your RR

Lisa Marie - hooray for bargains!  That was a good score!

Lisa - gorgeous picture.  I love walking in that area when I have to do work in Manhattan.  It's special.

Have a great day, all!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me this am  Felt like was 26 which is cold for here!

Marjorie

mommymac

Linda - I'm not sure in 27 years I've been to a coffee shop with DH.Funny how that goes.

Tessa - Add me to the H-M list; I've reserved a room at the same hotel as everyone else. Not sure how I'm getting down but I'm in NJ and will probably fly out of Newark Airport. Due to recent spinal issues will only be able to train for the half, and it sounds like the second half has the bridge, or is it the first half? Will sign up this weekend.

Santa brought a gift certificate for LRS so will get new running shoes  today; been getting a couple of seven milers in this week and looking forward to the local Pub Run on Monday. Just hoping my head cold is better by then.

Marjorie - Sounds like you know what you have to do to protect your dad. As parents we get to a point where we hope our kids don't come home engaged!

Day to myself today due to DD field hockey tournament in Philly; DH will be taking her. They're leaving now so I'll check in later.

Carolyn

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning. 26 degrees here but sunny and not windy so I had another great run of 5.37 miles. Stayed under 10 min. miles the whole time, even on the hills!

Good luck to our racers today!

Lisa, brrrrrr! 10 degree wind chill! Stay warm!

I sent a message to AmyDel about H-M and she is still not positive about going. She will have to bring little E to make sure she gets her medication and probably her oldest DD as well to watch E while she races. In any case, I think we will drive through Winston and get Cindy. Also TWHgal who is from Rock Hill, SC is thinking about going and it would make sense for her to drive with us as well. Looks like we'll need a mini-van, which I don't have!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Julie tell that tailbone to behave.  I'd be afraid to fall forward.  I'd probably break my wrist!

Amy nice paces

Yay Carolyn coming to HM too!

Lisamarie most my running stuff is from target as far as shorts and sports bras

Linda no you can't post a pic directly from your computer.  You have to  link it.  Sticky on beginners has how.

Lisa glad you are home.  The pic is pretty.

Karen have a great 50K

Marjorie

ginnyb

I will be driving to H/M.....I am thinking maybe Carol and I could drive together since she will be coming down from Michigan, but I don't know her plans...

Working today.  Before work I went to watch 10 year old GD play basketball, this is 3rd and 4th graders, they only play 2 , 7 minute halfs...when I left the score was 14-0, of which 10 of the points were my GD's!  Sorry, just had to brag a little, she is a pretty good little basketball player!

I am planning and hoping to get a run in outside tomorrow.  I figure it is Sunday and I run so early there should be little traffic, so I can run in the street, most of the ice is gone from the streets now, that's the plan anyway.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

7 frigid miles today, I think it was 14 degrees lol.  That's why I just got up and went, didn't take too much time to think about it.  I still prefer it to 85 degrees (for running).

Hi Marjorie - glad you have a game plan with your Dad.  My 13 year old's voice is starting to change, it is so weird!

Welcome, Damaris!

Karen - you will do great today, as usual!!  I only get my haircut every few months, as well.  I cut the bangs myself, not always successfully!

Lisa Marie - $55 for all of that?? I may have to check out Target tomorrow if I run with Carol in 'the big city'!!

Lisa - welcome back, pretty picture.  I bet walking in NYC is very comparable to running anywhere else ha ha

Hi Julie - enjoy your day!

Carolyn - I love gift cards for running stuff.  I got my last pair from RunningWarehouse via a gift card for my November birthday.

Amy - nice pace on your 5+ miler!

Ginny - great job to your GD!!

Linda - hope you enjoyed the coffee and movie and you and DH are still on speaking terms lol

Getting some housework done then prob heading out of town to watch my DD's bowling tournament.  She has a double meet, so plays at 11 and 1:30.  She got a ride from a teammate's mom for the early meet so I'm hoping to get there for the second one.  Need to make sure she plays, though, they have 7 there each week and choose 6 to play.  Should be interesting, she is really a beginning bowler but is improving.  Bonus, it's an inside sport ha ha!

Linda

Karen:  Good luck & have fun.

Lisa-Marie:  I think target has great running clothes.  I especially like their tights.  I also like Walmart bras.

Lisa:  The tree is beautiful.  If you slept in, I’m sure you needed it.

Julie:  I do love a quite morning.  It rarely happens anymore.  My kids get up very early.

Carolyn:  Enjoy your day.

Ginny:  I love 3-4th grade basketball.  I have one son who plays 3-4 & the other 5-6.  I much prefer the 3-4.  They play with all their might.  They hold nothing back.

LC:  That is just cold.  You are always an inspiration.

The movie was very good.  In some ways, it was better than the book.  The visual experience of the ocean was magnificent.  My husband and I got along fine.

I have 800’s on the agenda today.  I really dread them.  I was thinking about how I feel about different runs.  I always look forward to my long run.  It is the most enjoyable to me.  I usually feel good about my easy run.  Sometimes I’m in the mood, sometimes I’m not, but it is normally enjoyable.  I’ve been doing 200 sprints once a week.  I’m on (12) 200’s, but I’d like to get to 16.  They are pretty fun.  I’m OK with 400’s, but they just take too long.  I love trail running, but it is so hard on my body.  I walk the down-hills, but still I feel really beat up when I’m doing weekly trail run.  I’m not too crazy about tempo runs, especially 1 mile tempos, but I really dread 800’s.  I’m committed to really sticking with my 5K plan to try and work on my time, but after this year, I think I’ll be done with structured plans.  I’m only going to run what I like.  That could just be the impending 800’s talking, but it is how I feel right now J

What are your favorite runs?

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Linda

Tessa:  What do you suggest as good 1st Fall Marathon in CA (between August - November)?

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Somehow I have a hard time imagining you doing "nothing".....nice that your work is all done!  Glad that you have spoken with your DB, doesn't sound like it has straightened anything out, but at least the burden is shared.

KarenAG - Heck ya, I am still staying with you!  Enjoy your 50k today...

LisaMarie - My fav running tights are about 7 years old that were on clearance at Target!  Always fun to have new running clothes.

LisaMMR - Looks like you had a nice time in the Big Apple!  Will surely miss you at H&M.  Enjoy your cold run today.

Julie - Sounds like a peaceful way to start your morning!  Hope your tailbone is cooperating.

Carolyn - Looking forward to meeting you @ H&M!  I don't think DH and I have ever been to a coffee house together either - except to run and get myself a cup to take out...

AmyTHM - Nice job on the run!!!  Isn't 20's a little cold for your area?