Womens Running

(Over 40) Thursday thrills (Read 16 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And post

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

I didn't see Marjorie's thread and started another one! Sorry for the confusion.

We're supposed to have storms here all day. We need the rain, but it thwarts our plans to go to the pool.

I ran a wretched 5 miles this morning. I haven't been sleeping very well, and it's catching up to me. Oh well, at least I got it done.

Karen - I hope you are able to lick the migraines.

Camille - yes, DH and the older two boys got back on Monday. They had a great time.

Off for a Target run - DS1 and DS2 go to sleepaway camp on Sunday, and they need a variety of items such as bug spray and sunscreen. Then off to drop off 10 boxes of stuff for the church yard sale. Yay!! I love a good purge. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. Dinner with coworkers on the boss' roof was fun last night, although I didn't get home until 10, which is when I'm normally heading to bed, so getting up this morning was difficult. I felt pretty crappy all day yesterday, and woke up feeling awful this morning, so I made the tough decision to cancel my flights and skip DWD this weekend. I'm really bummed. I was so looking forward to it, and to being there for Lisa's comeback marathon. I also decided I'm going to keep tomorrow as a vacation day and just relax and take it easy - I think I need it.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Karen - bummer on having to skip the race, but it sounds like the right decision. That doesn't sound like a race to take on when you don't feel well.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh too bad Karen. Sorry on that but probably for the best while they figure it out

No rain here Cindy. You could come use the pool in our neighborhood

ran 8.1.

Now just work stuff. We are switching our  home email. Since our satellite tv stuff can now go wireless we don't need the home phone so we will get rid of it. Since our email is tied to that I did us a new gmail account. I have my own gmail and those that have it, it isn't changing.  Just the home one for our bills. Now I have the task of getting all that switched before we turn off the old email permanently. Want to have enough overlap time to assure it all switches.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Busy week for me and the only chance I have to check the threads are midnight or 6am, sigh.  Did 5TM miles this morning, to be followed by Pilates and 5 miles when I get back from it.  I have decided to sleep more rather than waking up at 5am to run on Thursday and the sleep was welcomed.

Marjorie, hiya.  Nice 8.

Cindy, it's storming here too, crazy!  Stay dry!

Karen, sounds like a nice day overall.

Have a great afternoon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Karen, I'm sorry you're missing the chance to dance with the dirt but it does sound like a good plan.  Just a thought-are you eating and drinking enough for all the training?

Marjorie, you have my sympathy on transferring everything. Tech is great, but it can eat time. I'm glad you could run today.

Cindy. bummer on the summer storms. Maybe it'll cool things off and your next run will be better.  I'm glad everyone's back safe and sound.

AnnieSusan, that sounded like a great swim.  Good for you.

Lisa, good luck this weekend!   I'm anxious to see pics.

Tessa, when is your next race?

Laura, glad you had a good 4th!  How is you partner working out?

I did about 7 this morning in the neighborhood so I'd be close to bathroom (and didn't need it).  It felt much better than the past 2 days when I just didn't have it. I've been trying to drop a few lbs again. After the lousy attempt at a run yesterday, I  ate more and had my weekly Snickers.   The snickers bar was probably the key.

Hi Demaris!  Sleeping is sometimes the best plan.

LC Runs

Hi Cindy - I love Target, wish I lived closer to one!

Hi Marjorie - good idea about switching the email, I have like 4 email accounts, I really need to condense them.  For stuff I set up years ago, I never can remember which email account it's tied to ha ha

Karen - how nice of your co-workers and boss to throw you a birthday celebration!  Sounds like the best idea is to take it easy for a few days.

Damaris - I was in need of extra sleep this morning, myself - feels so nice on cool mornings to snuggle under the covers for a bit longer than usual :-)

Camille - Nice 7.  Ugh how I hate  bathroom issues.  They haven't plagued me in a while but are awful when they do.  Funny you should ask about the running partner.  The gal I ran with last weekend is a work friend who is a very beginner, we enjoy talking and she's going through a tough time right now.  My friend that I ran the marathon with...well, I don't know.  I'm actually a bit hurt about the situation, I've texted her a few times to check on her and the first time ( two days after the race), she was very gracious and thanked me for hanging with her, couldn't have done it without me,  etc.  Tried to get together for a short run the next weekend, she declined (which is probably due to being burned out).  Then, I texted her last week and just a brief response.  She's camping this week so I'm chalking it up to that but I also have a feeling she is kind of blowing me off.  Idk, I'm kind of sick of putting myself out there and getting crapped on...hopefully I am just making a mountain out of a molehill...time will tell I suppose.

SRD for me...so my streak holds at 7 days ha ha!!