Womens Running

Teetering Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

We are on the brink of Friday...we can do it!

Karen-so funny to read about you moving to The (it is capitalized) Woodlands or Spring with dd living there.  I can put you in touch with her if you like on different advice.  She lived in TW for 3 years and has taught in Spring for 5, so knows the areas well and has teacher friends who know them even better. She lives in the city know and loves being in the mix of things. DH's sis and family are selling their house but it's one of those monster 4k+ homes.  The sis works in one of TW schools. You know that I've always wanted to do the Texas Marathon... the one where they give you a stuffed animal with your finishing time and is one of the 3 biggest medals (North Country is another one of the 3 so we have the most difficult one out of the way).

Judy-poor thumbnail!!

Damaris-sorry on the asthma

Ginny-self appreciation day is called for today!

Tessa-best that run buddy quit wanting more.. she can go back vs injury and wishing she had died out there.

Out for a run will be baaaccckk!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

:::hopes she is adding to the right thread:::  I am happy for the encouragement about Friday coming. Some time to myself would work great right about now.

Yesterday was a strong 35 minutes running on the track. The deeper breathing thing is working very well. I'm trying to make it "automatic". It's good to feel stronger while running. It's hard to explain, but I am feeling stronger.

Track run today for me.

Happiest of runs to All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Hope you enjoyed your run this am...it is beautiful!

Judy - glad you are feeling stronger!

Karen - That sounds like an amazing house!  I was looking at Erie Marathon....it is already FULL!  Since we are doing alot of training leading up to the Grand Canyon end of Sept, figured I might as well look at a marathon.  There is a wait list that I may try.

I am SORE from that sculpt class...arms/upper body...whew....guess it was a good one!  Had a nice quick run before dinner last evening.  Tonight is Yogalates Smile

Have a great day!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa likes teetering so much she posts twice !

Rest set day for the toe. I want it to heal.

Carol  yogalates still makes me smile every time I see it

Marjorie

SugarLand

Lisa,

I run The Texas marathon/half every year  - it is a tradition with a friend of  please mine come join us - I will be running the half because the Houston marathon is 2 weeks later

Hi to everyone

Have a wonderful day

Vicki

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Carol, I can't believe Erie is full already! If it doesn't cost anything to put your name on the waiting list, I'd go ahead and do it. I've heard good things about it (which is why I decided to do it, I guess I wouldn't be doing it if I heard bad things about it). Flat, mostly shaded. Hopefully not too hot. Hopefully.

Lisa, good time for DH's sister to be selling down there, definitely a seller's market with literally thousands of people moving into the area over the next year. The Texas Marathon is the one on New Year's Day, isn't it? We probably won't be there yet for 2015, but perhaps I'll pencil it in for 2016.

SugarLand, I guess I'll be seeing you at the races starting next year! That's pretty cool.

Marjorie, yes, let the toe heal.

Judy, feeling stronger is a wonderful thing.

Friday is good, but can we just fast forward to Friday afternoon? I have a dentist appointment in the morning - getting the permanent crown (I've had a temporary one for the past month) and two fillings. The good news is, I should then be done with all the work and back to "maintenance".

Cold, rainy day here today. I'll probably ride my bike on the trainer after work.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

I want to hear more about this Texas marathon!  Maybe I have one more in me.  I really, kinda , want to do one after I turn 65, which will be October of this year.  Will have to think about this one.

3 miles this morning and I started a huge batch of spaghetti sauce.  Making a ton of baked ziti for my GD's graduation party which is Saturday, she graduates Sunday.  I feel like half a day is already over and it is only 8:45!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Texas Marathon???  Yes, more info please for this Texas girl!

My sister and her family live in Spring, near Klein Oak HS.

Did 4 miles on the tm this morning.  Was pouring rain again.

Eye appt this afternoon.  Haven't been in 10 years--I know--shame shame!

Y'all have a great day.

Anonymous Guest

Wow, between SugarLand, Lisa's daughter and SIL, and Susan's sister, I feel like I practically know my soon-to-be neighbors in Texas already! The good thing about the house the realtor sent us yesterday was that it wasn't gigantic yet still had the 3-car garage. But if all you guys are gonna come down and run marathons, maybe we should go for the 4,000 sf house after all!

camille2

Karen, it's too bad you aren't running Chickamauga, but it's not too far from Texas and flights can be cheap. good luck with the crown!

Ginny, Texas does sound like the happening place for next year. Flat, fast, pizza, 9hour course...sounds nice.

Carol, you are really working out.    Way to go! I looked at yoga classes a friend in Anchorage goes to-90 minutes!  I had 30-45 in mind.  : ) 90 would do me in.

Hi to everyone else!

I guess the meds finally kicked in-I'm less congested and coughing much less, but decided to keep the ENT appt anyway.. I did about 35-40 minutes very easy, with considerable walking. That ticket for 20000 miles is gone, but hopefully another will open up. I noticed lower milage seats just opened for tonight and tomorrow, but since I'm here, I promised to stay at my mom's tonight and Sat.

ginnyb

Camille......9 HOUR COURSE!!!  I am there!!!!   LOL!  Seriously I believe we have to really consider this our next Hatfield MCCoy , at few us did that last year.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Ginny, I didn't mention one possible downside. It's 4 loops.   It might be hard for me to not quit after the second or third.  : )

Arimathea

Tessa

Texas Marathon? More information please. I have Texas on my list (did Houston in 2004 back before it exploded and became a "sell out in 5 minutes" race) however I do not write off states just because I have done a full there already. I would love to do Mikkelson Trail in SD (um, Karen, you don't have SD yet do you?) and that would be a state repeat for me.

One of the 3 biggest medals? Isn't Little Rock the biggest? Because Mississippi Blues had a monster medal but I keep hearing LR is bigger.

Ginny, 9 hours, you could so totally do it.

Camille, sorry about the airfare dilemma. I would say don't do it until you know you can fly. Do you lose the miles if you cancel the ticket?

3.6 this morning, woke up a bit late and RN was not running this morning. Add me to the list of dentist grumblers. I had a cleaning last night and my mouth hurts, and they need to do a crown and filling on the right side and I wanted to know why they couldn't do those during the three previous appts I had for a right side molar (root canal, gum lengthening, crown) in the past six months. I hate being numbed up and the fewer times I have to do that the better.

Choir practice tonight. We are rehearsing a tough piece for Sunday night's evensong, I suspect it's going to be a fraught rehearsal.

Anonymous Guest

camille, yep, Houston to Atlanta is generally cheaper than Baltimore to Atlanta. And if I drove from here, I probably wouldn't take the time to go all the way to Atlanta, and I have a friend that lives there that I haven't seen in ages. So I figure if I put it off a year, I can fly to Atlanta, see friend, then rent a car and go up and do Chickamauga. It's still the race I want to do for Georgia.

Glad you're feeling better!

Tessa, Deadwood Mickleson is the marathon I definitely want to do for South Dakota. I have even toyed with it being my 50th state. But that was mainly when I wanted to be done by my 50th birthday, and my birthday is in July, so doing my 50th state in June worked well. I have a feeling I will soon have more Texas marathons than I do Maryland. I do want to do Houston, plus there are a ton of others that will be 3-4 hours away or less from where we'll be.

Huh! No clue why there are 2 threads.  Oh well.

Tessa- Each participant and volunteer will receive a shirt. Each finisher will receive a custom finisher medal and a squeezie elephant with the finishing position hanging around its neck.   Each registered participant will receive a goody bag.   (The finisher medals are a secret until race day). We have designated 2014 as the "year of the squeezie elephant".  Each finisher will receive a squeezie elephant with the official finishing position hanging around its neck.  Don't blame us if you have a very slow elephant.  Last year was the "year of the squeezie cheesie rat" and the prior years have been: "year of the pink pig", "year of the yellow rubber duck", "year of the bat", "year of the monkey" , "year of the bear", and "year of the cow".  There are no age group awards because every runner is special.

Surely you guys remember me posting every year about the "don't blame us if you have a very slow <insert animal name>".  It sells out fast though. As of today it is still open. only 700 participants.

http://www.50statesmarathonclub.com/texas.html

Time Limit:
                                This event is walker and velocity challenged participant friendly.  The only time limit is that participants must finish before dark (5:30pm).  An early start is not allowed because of the park curfew.

3 biggest medals (not sure of order): Texas Marathon, Little Rock, and North Country.

Lisa