Womens Running

Frantic Friday - Supermoms (Read 380 times)

izzierunnr

Good morning, all! I have been lurking for a while and feeling inspired by all of you Supermoms. I thought I would join in, if you all don't mind?  A little history...I am 34, married with an almost 4 year old (in February) DD and #2 due in late May/early June. I am a social worker and live and work in Denver on the western side. I have been running since I lived with a bunch of cross country runners in college but got more serious about 8 years ago when training for my first 10K. I have been hooked on longer distances ever since. More recently, I have been into the half distance, still trying to get the confidence for a full! I am on a running hiatus with the pregnancy due to some complications early on....and missing it more and more! I ran through 18 weeks with DD until I got a stress fracture in my foot.

ER:hopefully a walk later. I am visiting my sister in Indy, so we will see how the day goes. 

KR: still sleeping after 12 hours...highly unusual for her, even with two hour time change. I put her to bed with her cousin last night at 8:45 local time. The trip must have really worn her out. 

FR: whatever my sister has on the menu. I think I see Italian beef in the crockpot. I think we are headed to a cute local downtown area later for lunch. 

NRR: our parents are driving to my sister's tomorrow for a visit (they live abiut 2 hours away in Illinois jn our hometown), and I am announcing the pregnancy to them. I am getting excited! I wanted to be able to tell them in person, and we chose to wait until after the first trimester. 

A couple of personals as I get the hang of this...

Jen: I hate to admit it, but DD was the biter at one point, and she has been bitten. It eventually got better as she got more verbal. I always felt awful that she bit. I tried to remember that when she got bit, but mamabear still kicked in! It sounds like the daycare is taking steps to address it. 

Cx2: Good luck with the work situation and finding a daycare. Finding that person/center you trust to  take care of your baby is one of the hardest jobs. I tell the parents I work with to visit lots of places, ask lots of questions, and trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right, you won't feel comfortable in the long run. 

strollermama

Welcome Izzie!  We have had a lot of new people lately.  I am moving to Denver tomorrow Smile

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

mrszackmorris

zorbs: i love cute shoes on kids. For the longest time our kids all wore chuck taylors.

Rg: 3 weeks?! Is it good to not take rest days?

jen: geez to the biting. I hope they find the culprit! Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy!! hope you get your lr in!

cmg: party on! I have dh's extended christmas saturday and am dreading it. Ugh!

mer: sometimes it is nice to just run and not worry about pace or distance. Enjoy!

cx2: i was very diligent about NOT checking emails on maternity leave. But i was a teacher and figured they were paying someone else to do my job.

shelby: i would use you gut feeling about ds. good luck packing, moving, flying!

runninmer

shelby - I seem to remember a time that J has loose whitish yellowish stools.  I can't remember what was surrounding it.  Are you transitioning with any foods?  I feel like I remember it happening around including more milk/solid food.  But I do remember it.  Okay, rambling....give it a little while and like mrszm said, go with your gut.

jen - I do need to upload pics of J.  I am having fun uploading through Facebook on the iPad, but DH doesn't always like it.  He doesn't know aobut the pic of Santa & Mrs. Claus from yesterday either!

mrszm - Send some of that sleep to our kid.  J was up before 6:30 this morning.  Much better than yeterday but even 8 would be awesome!  Sounds like another fun weekend for you!  Have fun shopping and going to dinner.   I, too, am curious about the ART.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

izzie - Welcome.  I am a teacher with a 19 month old DS, J.  Bummer on the SFX during pregnancy! 

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

izzie - Welcome.  It is funny that you said your DD was a biter because so was I and I think J will probably bite someone at some point.  But you are right...when your kid gets bit it is a problem.  I didn't get angry the first time or the 2nd time...but the 3rd time (2 days in a row) is a problem.  One of the daycare teachers was trying to justify to me why she couldn't stop it in time...I am not angry about that.  I just wish they would do something in terms of not letting J go by this kid unsupervised.  Boo to not being able to run.  Take care of yourself and your LO.

mrszm - They know who the biter is...they just don't tell me.  They just say J was bit by a "friend".  I don't know about you but I don't bite my friendsSmile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning...

RR - rest day from running, maybe a Nike+ workout during nap. I haven't ST'ed this week.  Planks for sure sometime.

TR - DH goes outside with her and our dogs most evenings, one of our dogs is a lab, and loves to fetch balls, well M has taken to fetching also - only she brings DH an imaginary ball (in her mouth) drops it in his hands and he throws it for her, she fetches it and repeat.  Hilarious.

BR - up once last night, starving, maybe the 3 month growth spurt.  I got some of her tiny sleepers out to give to RP, I guess she has grown a lot!  she still seems like a peanut and everyone comments on how tiny she is, but the sleepers went up to her knee.

FR - takeout.

NRR - decorating the tree tonight, I picked it up last night, it's up in our living room.  M is soooooo excited to decorate it.

NRR2 - have a chiro appt this morning, it's mostly for my tennis elbow (baby elbow) and not for a running injury.  I think I'm just gonna let it heal on it's own after today, I can't use up all my chiro $ on non running injuries.  Who needs an elbow anyways...

be back hopefully after my appointment.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I'm going to try to get 4-5 miles in today, and might take clothes with me to my dad's tomorrow or try to squeeze in a run first thing before I go.

BR: Has diarrhea so he's home with daddy today. At least he's in a good mood, but when I walked into his room this morning I gagged because of the smell. He had loose stools last night, so hopefully this is a quick bug and he can still see his cousin's and uncle tomorrow.

FR: I had a soup and sandwich last night because DH was gone for a meeting. Something with ground beef tonight.

NRR: Really disappointed that I had to cancel my plans to go stay with my friend tonight due to R's illness. This is the second time in a month that I have had to cancel fun plans because he was sick.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R's godmother bought him some big clonky garanimals sneakers and I don't really like putting them on him. The shoes I bought him are totally flat on the bottom.

bermy- I'm going to have to google cincinatti chili because I don't know what it is.

runnergirl- holy cow, 3 weeks with no rest days?! I'm lucky if I do 3 days in a row!

Jen- so the daycare won't even name names of who is biting your kid? My daycare lady tells me who R hits/bites and then I tell the kid or their mom I'm sorry. Where are you traveling to for Christmas?

CMG- You are allowed to have a pity party. My friend who is due in 1 week messaged me last night that she went to the Dr and was disappointed that she wasn't dilated at all. She is 50% effaced though, and I told her that was a bigger deal at this point. She said the internal check hurt really bad, I dont' remember it hurting that much?

mer- you are nice to run with kids. I'm a jerk and unless an RP is willing to meet me at my house and run at my pace, we don't run together LOL

cx2- I never checked my email once while on mat leave. I was only off 8 weeks and came back to over 800 emails to sift through. That's bogus- my home office called me every couple weeks to check on me.

shelbyjo- I've never seen stools like that. R's turn nasty green when he has diarrhea. Good luck with your move!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

izzie- Welcome! Wow! You have awesome will power to be able to wait that long to announce the pregnancy, though I do understand waiting if you have a high risk pregnancy.

mzm- I want to see a pic of your new hairdo! ART is amazing, I can't wait until Jan 1 when I have $$ in my Flex spending account again and can go!

Jen-  Obviously, whatever they are doing to discipline the biter isn't working. R bit another kid twice and Jody didn't take it lightly. Now R just attempts to slap the other kids, which is better, I guess?

CA- hilarious about M playing fetch! I would love to give some baby stuff away, but I have to wait until #2 and see where to go from there. I was nice and lent out some of my larger baby gear to my friend though.

superspike113

Honorary Old

BR update- DH just called to say that R pooped again and while extremely stinky, it was not diarrhea anymore. So that's good. Now I'm not so worried about taking him to my dad's in the morning.

Marathonjen

CA - I hope the chiro appt goes well.  That is great that O was only up once last night.  Too funny about M fetching.

spike - Sorry that R is sick.  Could it be teething?  J had diarrhea for one day and it was teething related (at least I think) as he was fine in every other aspect.  Since we go to a national daycare chain they have policies that they can't reveal names of kids who do things...they just talk to the kids parents.  If my child bit I would want to apologize to the other child/parent.  That mother has never once approached me or asked daycare to apologize on her behalf.  Ugh.  So annoying. I really wish I knew who it was.  I hope you are able to get your runs in.  Have fun at your dads tomorrow.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- that sucks. Half the kids at my daycare are related, and one of the kids R often brawls with is my hairdresser's son and I have known her since I was 3.

runswithrocky

Jen - I want to do a daycare stake-out for you!  I want to know who the biter is too!  Sorry J is getting bit, Emily got bit too.  I get that kids are kids and it's going to happen.  But it's my friends son who is the biter and he does it at least 3x a week.  I keep my mouth shut because I don't want to say anything rude or judgemental and then have baby #2 be a biter and have to eat my words.

re: diarrhea/soft stool, Em gets it when teething it's white and mushy.  I tried feeding her more bread/bananas, (BRAT stuff), less milk, etc. and it didn't really firm up.  She's not bothered by it, not getting diaper rash or anything so I'm not going to worry about it.  And it also happens if she gets a runny nose, which is basically all winter.  I think it the post-nasal drip combined with teething, swallowing all the extra saliva as I can tell she has extra saliva but she doesn't drool it out, so I assume she swallows it all.  If no other signs of dehydration, still eating good, generally good mood (ie not lethargic), no fever then I just take note of it but I don't really worry about it. 

welcome izzie - I live in a SW Denver suburb & work in the Tech Center.  have a 14 month old daughter and am expecting #2, a boy in early May!  Welcome.  Oh and #2 is currently a high-risk pregnancy but we just got an amnio to determine if the baby has the high-risk thing (Kell+).  We should know before the end of the year.  Been married to DH for 3 years. 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - 55 mins of hills sounds nasty but last weekend we ran 8 miles, pretty much nonstop hills.

rg - I liked the Kinvaras more, as they're "real" running shoes, and DH and I both wear Saucony.

jen - isn't the policy that they don't tell the bitee who the biter is, so the parents won't kill each other?

carly - I hope you are done soon!

cx2 - since you have a girl, you have about 10x the selection of shoes that boys do...there is no shopping for style in boy's shoes...you get whatever size is left and if they are ugly, too bad!

mer - I feel like a tool sometimes, because I know people who run 6:30 miles who have "condescended" to running 10:00 miles with me, and anything slower than 10:30/mile, I feel like my gait is weird, etc...

shelby - good luck with your move!

mrszm - I could use some ART.

izzie - welcome!

CA - yah, elbows are totally useless. Wink

spike - I have often said that if VFF made kid's shoes, I'd buy them for B.  I think his feet are almost big enough for the smallest VFF size now.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/