Womens Running

Time for Thursday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K easy.  I have my outside clothes on so that's what it will be.  Amy and I were saying yesterday: dark, cold, windy, alone..you can deal with 2 or 3 of the above but all is more than most people can take.  I was thinking next week it will be back to total darkness since the clocks go forward this weekend. 5th day in a row of running.

TR - we were getting ready for bed and he suddenly had a tantrum because he wanted the poop-stained changing pad back on his dresser.  We had taken it out about 5 days ago and he wanted it back RIGHT NOW.

FR - chili.

NRR - FB had a message saying they were going to pull the plug on the stand alone messenger app for windows on March 3, and I thought maybe I had fallen through the cracks, but they finally did it last night.  So sad.  I liked being able to see my contact list always.  Now I have to flip back to the FB tab to see it.  #fwp

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

moxieluvah

Zorbs - I have been doing all my weekday runs on the TM lately for those reasons. I forgot about the clock reset, thanks for the reminder!

-----

RR - 5, and hot yoga night!

NRR - gave up FB for lent, I just need a break from it all.

TR - if he would have been our first child there would have been a lot more space between kids, he us having a really hard time figuring out that he is not in charge around here

FR - French toast last night, something quick tonight after yoga

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 8 strides. I thought it was supposed to be warmer out the rest of this week, but it's -25C with the windchill right now.

TR - I can't keep pyjamas on this kid! Pretty much every night, she takes them off at some point in the night, so is naked when she wakes up. At least she keeps herself bundled up in blankets so she's not waking up cold. Sometimes she also takes off her diaper, but then wakes me up to tell me that her diaper is off, which is at least better than just peeing the bed.

FR - Clam chowder soup, sandwiches

NRR - Pancake party at the community centre today so it looks like my pancake bender continues. Community centre will be closed tomorrow and next week for March Break, so I'll have to plan some other things to do with S.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD. Thinking my LR this weekend will be 12.  Trying to figure out the best day to do it.

BR:  He slept from 11pm - 5am.  It was amazing starting my day at 5 and not 4 like I have been.  He was sleeping on his tummy when I went  in there.  Oh!  And tooth #2 is coming through.  Crazy.

TR:  Is a hot mess.  Between the pooing issues and his cold he is just not okay.  Was calling for DH at 6 and then again when I left at 6:40.

NRR:  Conferences again today.  Half day with kids and then the rest is conferences.  At least I can be home by 4.  Wearing my other stitch fix shirt today.  Might ask my students what they think of it.  (What better critics than 8th grade girls!)  I just hope they don't comment on the nasty zits on my forehead!

FR:  Baked chicken, rice, and green beans.  It hit the spot.

zorbs - I was thinking just last night what H's dresser will look like without the changing pad!  Ooff!  Careful with the 5 days. Sounds like rest will be coming soon!

moxie - You haven't given up messages have you?!   Yay for hot yoga!  I would love to try that some time!

ernie - Thanks for posting the pic! Wink  I am not familiar with the pancake tradition???

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

ernie - lol on the naked sleeping! i guess there are worse things she could be doing.

mer - i can still message on the ipad Smile I felt like I was checking FB too often and also that too many posts were negative lately, if i just say that I will do it less it won't happen so I just gave it up completely for now

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 4.5 miles on the TM this morning.  I'm still not sold on this morning running thing.  I'm happy to get up at the ass crack of dawn but I'd rather run at lunch.  but with the temps and having to pack a suitcase to bring to work... I'd also prefer running outside but it's pitch dark at 5am and after this weekend it'll be pitch dark at 6am also.  Oh well next week will be warmer so I'll run at lunch and inflict my smelly post run self on my coworkers.  They'll have known me a week, it's time Smile

TR - feeling so much better but we're waiting till  next week to send her to school just because it's a new thing and we want her to have a good first day.  So MIL is watching her this morning and then my parents will watch her this afternoon and tomorrow.

BR - has realized how awesome grandma is and has been wailing when she is taken from her or gma leaves.  She fell at the dayhome and gave herself a fat lip, so now she has a swollen bruised nose, a puffy eye and a fat lip.  She needs some bubble wrap.

FR - forgot to do anything for this, I'll get my mom to put a casserole in the oven, YAY mom!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

DH was tired last night and missed his run and actually got up early this morning and ran before work. omg.

moxie - when I read that you were doing hot yoga, I was sitting at my desk, shivering from head to toe after coming in from my run.

ernie - I know CA taped M's diaper shut and I had lots of luck putting a sleepsack on B backwards. Do you make your own clam chowder? DH grudgingly admitted that the fish chowder I made last night was really good.

mer - yes rest from running (ST) tomorrow. Why so many zits? is AF coming? I just bought this zit medication and it seems to get rid of stuff pretty fast without drying out my skin.  If you have a Sephora nearby, you can get a free sample.

CA - someone on DM told me to "suck it up" when it came to cold, dark, solo early morning winter runs and I had to delete her comment.  This person doesn't run at the ass crack of dawn, although she does live in Ottawa and I don't think she gets how soul sucking it is.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

moxie - There is a positive thoughts thread that we are doing for lent on the Supermoms page! Smile

zorbs - I think the zits are from the sugar.  I eat way too many Starburst Jelly Beans!!!  I didn't get AF back while nursing J, but it may be different with H.  Not sure.  I have been loving the sunlight in the morning. I am excited for daylight saving...means more light at night and warm weather to come!

CAR - LOL to the bubble wrap!  Smile  I agree that after a week, it is time for your co-workers to smell the real you! Haha!  J has a cold now...DH said the snot is a flowin in our house.  Yay?  I just hope H doesn't get it.  Better to get it out of their systems now.  I need them healthy in April for our road trip.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Skipped my run last night, it was raining and I elected to finish filing my taxes instead. Looks like it will be a nice day so I will attempt a stroller run after work.

TR: Insisted on taking his biggest, plushest teddy bear to daycare today.

FR: Last night was navy bean and hamhock soup. Tonight I'm thinking turkey enchiladas.

NRR: I know its technically not a good thing to have a large tax return, but ours is coming at an opportune time for all the landscaping we will be doing this spring. I am switching insurance, right now I go through my boss's brother and his customer service is horrible.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I guess I didn't notice that thing with messenger. Sounds like DH might have caught the running bug Wink What kind of fish do you use in your chowder? DH hates fish, but it might be something that I would make when he's gone. I don't run outside in the morning when its this cold, you deserve serious kudos for doing so. I will run at the crack of dawn to avoid heat though, I'm such a wuss about hot weather.

moxie- If sister's second child had been her first, I don't know if she would have had anymore LOL. I'm having baby fever really bad, R is getting so grown up and I feel like its time but we need to settle into our house and get the yard situated first.

Ernie- I think zorbs used to have to zip B's sleepsack on him backwards to keep him dressed at night. I guess my kid isn't that curious? He doesn't do stuff like undress himself or get into cupboards/drawers. At most he would bring me something and ask me to put it on him.

Mer- I think I'm too much of a control freak for Stitch Fix.

CA- hopefully M can get back to her normal routine next week- R missed like 2 weeks of daycare in Jan when Miss JOdy was on vacation and he was sick on either end of that week, he was so out of sorts. I sometimes wish I was a cube worker so I could run at lunch, but I am the "face" of our office so that's not really appropriate.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I agree, cold and dark and alone are hard in the morning!  I rarely have FB on anything but my phone, so didn't even know there was a stand alone messenger app.

moxie - Good for you on FB... I am not that strong!  I think O is the same in the in charge department, she has a strong little personality already.

ernie - yup cold here too, but it's supposed to be +11 on Saturday, I think I might pack my bags and start driving south if it's not.  Yes M was a stripper, we taped her diaper on backwards so that she would at least keep that on.  She still likes to be minimally dressed, this week while feverish she was often in just pj  bottoms, I'd have been in extra clothes under a blanket.

spike - I need to start my taxes!  I didn't have the paper work until March, but now I need to get on it, I bought a bunch of extra RRSP's (tax free savings) because otherwise I'll be paying through the nose because of my mat leave.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I was waiting on my K-1 form for my Limited Partnership which arrived yesterday. I had some pretty big deductions from our home adventures this year- paid a ton of sales tax, paid a lot of interest, and points on a new mortgage. DH and I defer about 10% of our income to retirement because otherwise we get boned on our taxes plus we use a pretax account for daycare and medical expenses, it makes a big difference.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - taxes are quite different in Canada, there are a lot less deductions, we can't claim sales tax, or even anything to do with our home.  I can claim daycare, so that's good.  The government does not take taxes off my Employment Insurance earnings that I made while on mat leave, but yet I will owe tax on those earnings, so a year of mat leave completely bones you for taxes.  Luckily I took my double earnings from getting severance + a new job overlapping and put that all into a RRSP, so hopefully that will take care of the taxes I would have had to pay from my mat leave $$ - or at least a good portion!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - occasionally DH says to me, "I hate running but love the feeling when I'm done..am I weird?" no honey, you and everyone else who runs.  I use tilapia in the chowder.  Sautee some celery and onion in oil, when soft add potatoes, carrots, corn, water to cover and a bay leaf, pepper and Old Bay, bring to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer until potatoes are soft.  Meanwhile chop the fish into bite size pieces and make a cornstarch slurry. Add fish and cornstarch, and finish with creamy substance (I use 2% evaporated milk).  Warm through.

moxieluvah

CA - the early morning thing isn't so bad once you get used to it. running at lunch would be awesome if it was an option. If I don't go in the AM by the time I get home and the kids want supper I have no motivation left.

spike - we really need to get going on our taxes! will you be doing the landscaping yourself or paying someone to do it?