Womens Running

The ALLs may be back for 2014 (Read 43 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Welcome back ladies. Join in. The water is great over here

Marjorie

BobbieB

Happy New Year! Glad to be back in touch with you guys!

Running a race and volunteering in the AM so no hard partying for me tonight.

Have fun run and be safe!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Bobbie!  Happy new year to you, DGF and DH

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I never participated of this thread in RWOL but I'm game if accepted!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

D you will fit right on in with us.

Marjorie

Tikkijane

::::waves::::  Seriously hoping things settle so I can get back to running. Horses take a ton of time.....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tikki I bet they do, along with the move and chickens!!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

To add an  avi.   Tap your name at the top right. Go to options then account info. You should be able to do it from there.

Marjorie

Jennn

Hey ALL!!  Happy New Year!!

Looking forward to getting back at it for 2014.  I didn't run much in 2013 and I mean to fix that!  Smile

~Jen

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy New Years. Hope to catch up with everyone.

So Aby may here somethings all  over again. Haha. But since I get to see her from time to time when I'm in ATL she has heard done of my stories.  As has Damaris since I see her when I'm in Miami.

eta I ran 10.2 miles today. I hurt my right hip before my last marathon. Complicated. But it has gotten better. I'm getting back to my normal running.

Marjorie

Jennn

Happy 2014!

No running for me today.  I spent the day being generally lazy, but I did get some cooking done.  I'm off work early tomorrow, so I plan to start a new running schedule then.  I'm looking at some spring races to help me stay motivated to run through the winter, but I haven't decided which one I want to do yet.

Since the last time we had a daily thread a lot has changed.  A few months ago I started a new job that I love, and I'm finally going to graduate this coming May.  Only one more semester of school getting in the way of everything and then I get my life back!  Hooray!  I was also diagnosed with several food allergies, and after some drastic dietary changes I'm finally feeling better than I have in years - feeling good again makes giving up all of my favorite food totally worth it.  I wasn't completely sedentary last year either, instead of running regularly, I took up yoga and re-discovered rock climbing.

Marjorie - nice run this morning!  Injuries do suck - I'm glad you're getting back to normal!

BobbieB

I had a great run today. 3.1 miles in a race. I placed 3 in my age group. I wasn't expecting to al all..it was pretty amazing. I volunteered as well before.  Afterwards we went to WaHo and had a great breakfast/lunch. Then shopping a little.  I didn't know at Old Navy had running gear at all and they had some fantastic sales.

Marjorie- good job on your run today. Sorry about the hip. Do you know what caused the injury?

Jennn- Congrats on starting a new job that you love. It really make all the difference in the world.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning!

Bobbie that is great on placing!  From fb I see you love your job now. Better than insurance, huh?

Hip I think is from going up and down curbs a lot set it off. June I had some issues in the left hip the week before my marathon.  Had acupuncture done and dud a lot if self Graston. It was a ligament problem (sacraltuberous ligament) but it got better. I was able to complete my marathon all be it slow and a good deal of walking in the last part if it.  Funny is it radically changed my running gait after I fixed it. A ton. I should post the pics of the shoe wear. I've had the same shoe wear pattern for 20 years but not any more. I thought it could be a fluke in June but the last two pairs did the same thing so it isn't. The right hip was October and has been a harder hip to overcome. I think it was from the change in running gait. It started SI joint but also moved to the sacraltuberous ligament like the left one. Now the capsule has tightened some too. At least I can run now but it isn't 100% yet. The hip doesn't hurt to run now but it gets very stif if I've been sitting and the hamstring is very very tight (sacraltuberous ligament gives rise to the hamstring. It is hard to distinguish where one ends and one begins if you were to look at it). Pilates this week doing an overhead leg move with a lot of resistance hurt. I actually couldn't do it and we had to modify. Hadn't don't that particular move in a long time and I was surprised it hurt. I've had dh helping me work on the hip capsule and it is a ton better these last few days.

Jen so happy you are almost done. How is the ankle?

Marjorie

Jennn

Bobbie - congrats on placing!  That's awesome!!

Marjorie - my ankle has been great as long as I'm careful.   Before I fell off the running wagon, when I started reaching around 20mpw it started to bug me again, but as long as I stuck with run/walk intervals on runs longer than 5 miles it would be fine.

Shan-Miriah

Hey all! Glad to have a forum back to help keep me accountable! Definitely a lot has changed here as well! I believe the last time we were all "together" I had already moved back to colorado. since then I have gone through 5 jobs and finally got what I hope to be a good job as a dispatcher (911, sheriffs, police, etc), been dating a guy for a year and a half or so, been living with him for a year. I picked up skiing, and pretty much otherwise just got lazy... And chunky. Ug. We also had puppies 10 weeks ago and have one left to sell.

So I did a 2 mile walk/run today. I was forced to walk because of my stupid knee... Also a girl I went to high school with in MO has the resolution to be half marathon ready by April 6, so we're "training" together via fb.