Womens Running

Tottering Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was a good 35 minute track run. Cardio for 20 minutes after I got home.

Work has settled down finally. We are getting used to all the new stuff.

Today will be a track run and some cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

I hope I didn't mislead anyone about NYC...I don't think they register large groups.  It does seem they used to have an option to link registrations in lottery though and believe that's what my Dd's friend did.  Maybe the dad paid a charity.   I just sent  NYC a question about trying to run together

I will ask   dd to ck with them, but it may be a while.

Later

LC Runs

3 on the TM this morning, also did some upper body weights and planks.

Judy - glad work is going better!

Camille - that would be fun to have a group of friends run NYC together!   I can't say I would want to run in that big of a race, but would love to follow all of you gals!

Work, then my  Birthday dinner with the BF...have to vote at some point, too. 

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

I am back.....vacation for 2 weeks....whew, I am Tottering today!

I must admit I did not run one step for 2 weeks.  We did do at least 3 dives a day, at least 45 minutes to 1 hour each.  So, figured 3 hours of swimming around was a good workout.  Also we were on the 4th floor and I took the steps EVERY time.  I did get a short run in yesterday.

Didn't keep up with the board while gone, so hope all is good with everyone, looking forward to catching up!

Laura - Happy Birthday to you!  Sounds like a busy day.  Are you doing the Mid-Land run this week-end?

Judy - Sounds like some work issues, but they are settling down?

Camille - Hmmmm, what's this about a group run for NYC Smile

Off to work...

Carol

ginnyb

Went to gym again this morning.  One mile on treadmill and 20 minutes on elliptical.  First time on elliptical.  Definitely different than TM . I couldn't do it as long ad I thought I would be able to.  Out of shape I guess and different muscles.  Now if I can just figure out how to hook up to the tv's!  My computer seems to have issues so I am on my kindle.  Forgive spelling mistakes please.RiTe

S

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I am finally back in Miami and already at the office.  Thanks for the kind words on Sunday and Monday.  The conditions were brutal (20-30mph sustained winds with 40-70mph gusts).  I had an asthma attack at Mile 8 and it was just too exhausting and horrible after that for me to push it.  So, at Mile 11 I just walked to the subway and left.  Meh.  I don't like DNFing but I promised myself not to overdo it and here I am.

I will run and lift weights today.  Once the wind was out of the picture, my lungs recovered.  They are not at 100% but they never are, ha.

I am applying for the lottery in 2015 so the more ladies, the better.  NYC here we go!

Judy, enjoy the cardio workout and the track run later.  Glad to hear things at work have calmed down.

Camille, I don't recall seeing a way to link registrations but if you hear how, that would be nice.

LC Runs, nice 3.

Carol, ooh, vacation.  Hope it was fun.

Ginny, nice workouts at the gym.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, glad you made it home safely. Carol, welcome back!

Ginny, the elliptical definitely uses different muscles. Go for time for a while, don't trust the distance it shows.

Lisa, no I do not have Illinois. Tempting!

Susan, sorry the fleet will return sooner than anticipated! Can you tell him that you need a bit of time to work on his Christmas pressie?

I don't think NYCM has group entry. Nike used to do that, that is the only one I know of.

Judy, glad you are getting used to the new stuff.

Laura, good to "see" you.

Susan/RM, evenings always seem to go by too fast!

Cindy, it is nice to have someone run with you, and if they have committed to running with you that's great. This is your first full, right?

I do not like time change, it is dark so early now. 7 more weeks until solstice. 4 miles this morning with RN who did change her alarm clock. Her DH is still laughing at her.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

3 slow miles on tired legs this morning with my favorite running buddy. He was so happy to be out in the cool fall air!! It was about 34f with a 29f windchill. A little chilly, but nice. Quite a few folks out today. Once it falls below freezing for very long and the ice danger is present, I change my work hours and run after work. I'm very fortunate that I can do that, especially since I loathe the treadmill.

Judy - glad your work has settled down

LC - enjoy your birthday dinner! Happy Birthday!

Carol - welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Ginny - I agree, the elliptical is so different from running.

Damaris - You made the smart decision to DNF. Better not to chance it.

Tessa - glad you got out with your running buddy. I don't like the time change either but I didn't get a vote.

Lisa - hope you got out for a run

Camille - hope you had a good day

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 miles this am. Have been in meeting all day.

Happy birthday Laura

waves to everyone

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy birthday Laura!

Anonymous Guest

Icebreaker for this morning's introductions was "something you're looking forward to". I said that next month I was running a marathon in Delaware and it would be my 25th state, so I would be halfway to my 50 states goal. Two people later, the guy says "I was going to say I'm running my first marathon next May, but that seems kind of inadequate now". It was funny. We talked running over lunch, of course. The class is good, just wish I didn't then have to come back to the hotel and spend a couple hours catching up on work. And I still have to do the homework for tomorrow's class. And I didn't think about the fact that I'm quite a bit farther east than at home - it was already dark at 5 pm - a half hour earlier at least. I guess if I want to run I'm going to have to get my butt up early tomorrow morning.

Happy Birthday Laura!!

Carol, jealous of the 2 week vacation. Coming back from the 2 week vacation, not so much.

Hi all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-glad things are settling down.

Camille-I had checked out their page and didn't see anything about groups.  was wondering if it was charities.

Laura-birthday dinners are fun! Happy Birthday!!

Carol-welcome back!

Ginny-you'll get used to them quickly.  if they have the machines that are the cross between elliptical and stair climber try that.  really good workout and most like hills.

Damaris-glad you're feeling better.  no one and done for us.  Better to use your brain and run again!

Tessa-we will keep that one in mind.  Lots of time to consider Chicago.

Shadow-I don't like it cooling down but I don't mind running in it.  DH laughs at me complaining about being cold the rest of the time then going out in the cold to run.

Karen-fun to run into other runners!

5.75 miles in neighborhood this morning. Blood donation at work then voted after work.  I feel like a very responsible citizen.

Lisa

LC Runs

Thanks for the birthday wishes!   It was a nice day...I guess I'm at the age where having a birthday is better than the alternative LOL!!

Carol - I am not doing the Midland Half, though I really liked that race (I met you for the first time there a couple of years ago!).  I'm taking my kids to my Mom's in Traverse and planning on a fun run there with a group at the Running Fit store.

Hi Ginny!

Damaris - sorry about the DNF, but your health is more important so good decision on your part!  There will always be another race, though I know it's disappointing.

Hi Tessa - I am 'already' looking forward to longer days lol

Shadow - nice run!  I am so happy every day that we don't have snow ha ha!!

Marjorie - awesome 10.1!!

Karen - I know most people can't relate to 'looking forward to a marathon'!!  Glad you had some good conversation about it after the icebreaker :-)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, ladies!

Happy Birthday, Laura!

Ran/walk 4 with hubby and heavy weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page