Womens Running

Tittilating Thursday (over 40) (Read 19 times)

Only because Friday is teasing us with its presence.

Congrats to all of the graduates!! Well the families of graduates.

judy-I had brought spearmint plants from my mom's house and it is growing wild in my yard!  What exactly can I use this for?  Smells nice with dh mows it but not supposed to be a part of the lawn!

Sue-sounded like a tough tri but one that was interesting too!

Carol-on our run this weekend we talked about how tris seem to be the "in" thing.

Susan-have loved hearing about the Philmont training and can't wait for the reports.

Camille-glad that you made it!!  Home!!

Tessa-glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks "nurse" whenever I see RN. LOL

Ginny-tomatos already!!? wow!

Karen-I didn't run yesterday either.. kind of ironic that many of us didn't run.  I guess any day is National Running Day for us. DD in Houston said that the school districts are talking about building more schools specifically because of the Exxon move.  She is going from 3 students this year to 6... will have paras added to class since hers are on the autistic spectrum with behavior challenges. (I could never do what she does.)

DD and I are taking the train to Chicago next wednesday. I have to go into office Thur/Fri and she will stay in hotel a couple of blocks away then come in afternoon with me.  DH is taking train on Friday after work (his bday). I got us all tickets for Sox vs Royals on Saturday and we're driving back in a rental on Saturday. Trying to take advantage of these business trips when I can to allow for some fun. Train was $68 for both dd and I!! Will take 1.5-2 hours longer than the normal 4-4.5 hour drive but I won't have to be the one driving and they have wifi. Cheaper and something different.

Lisa

ginnyb

Good morning,

Lisa....no tomatoes here, you must have confused me with Tessa!  I love the train.  DH and I have taken it from here to Chicago also, we need to do it again!   The train station is right at the end of our street too, so very convenient.  When running early in the morning, I frequently see Amtrak pull into the station.

Trying to gear myself up for a run, still not feeling that great.

Will be back later.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, spearmint is a nice flavoring for iced/hot tea as well as some foods.

Wednesday was a plan of care meeting at the nursing home. DH can't do anything for himself now. At least I know he is getting excellent care. They are good, caring people there. After that I had my eyes examined (all is well). Even though I had dilated eyes, I went to the grocery, then did a cardio DVD...ran 15 minutes/cardio 35 minutes. After that I went out for a light supper. It was a productive day.

Track run today and breathing practice.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Chicago trip sounds fun!  Go figure - Tri's are now the "in" thing to do, and I am losing enthusiasm for them.....I never was one of the "cool" kids  LOL.

Camille - So glad you made it back safe and sound!  Sounds like you are thrilled to be there!

Judy - That must be such a relief that your DH gets great care at the facility he is in.

Ginny - Hope you are feeling better soon.

My DD#1 has been exercising and dieting and has lost 40 pounds!!!  She is doing a program that has gym workouts and some running.  She told me she was getting blisters from her shoes...so, I took her to the LRS last night and had her fitted and treated her to a new pair of shoes.  I'm so happy for her!!!

I had a nice run in the evening to celebrate National Running Day!

Carol

Ginny-I'll remember that and let you know the next time I'm going to Chicago so that you can come and stay with me for free... I always stay down in the Loop so easy access to Millennium/Grant Park, Lakeshore Drive, and the Magnificent Mile (would be really Magnificent if we were able to run it together!). Full house this time unless you just came for Wed and Thurs nights. DH coming on Fri night. I have a double double so welcome to hang out for a couple of days if you like. Rooftop pool too and across from the Art Institute. Wish I didn't have to go to work and could really enjoy it but I don't think they would send me for that. LOL

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 800s on Tuesday went great and the 10 last night even better.  7 tonight.  I forgot to take my asthma med this morning so I'm not sure how I will feel by then.  Grrrr.

Not sure if I am tittilating by Thursday either.

Lisa, enjoy Chicago!  We'll miss each other there by a few days.

Ginny, hope you feel well enough to run.

Judy, you did all that with dilated eyes?  Nice job.

Carol, congrats to DD!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!

6 steamy miles this morning.  A/C was off when I got to work, but it is working now.  Whew!  I was a sweatball.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

Well for not feeling so great this morning, I had a glorious run!  Just one of those great days, where nothing hurt, was able to run faster than normal and I did 5 miles!  I am still feeling that good feeling.

Lisa....that would be great.  Don't think I could make it this time, but maybe next time!  What fun.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Ginny, I'm glad you had a great run! Those are sweet.

demaris, too bad about your asthma meds. Have you thought about keeping a single dose pill holder with extras in your purse and at the office?  i have to do stuff like that.

carol, I can't even explain why I'm so happy to be back, esp to Anchorage. Major congrats to your dau!! It's so hard for me to lose 5, I can't imagine 40.

Lisa, it sounds like a great weekend coming up!  How's it going with the leadership change At work?

hi to everyone else!

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, that sounds like a fun family weekend! Enjoy. Why not take the train back as well?

And yes it is me who has tomatoes. I don't think Ginny's area has got much beyond seedlings yet.

Judy, my sympathy. Seeing him deteriorate must be awful. I can understand just a bit of what you're going through but your ordeal has been far longer.

Camille, whoa. 40 minutes late and you are 70 miles from the airport? ATLANTA airport? I would have been screaming. I dislike Hartsfield at the best of times and being late for a flight, a flight that is not on Delta yet, is not the best of times.

Carol, so if tris are trendy and you're not keen on that, what will you do next? Smiting, like Zipper on runango? (She is getting more and more involved with the Society for Creative Anachronism, AKA the SCA, AKA the medieval reenactors.)

Karen, good thing you (and I) are not in the trades. Not sure I could put vinyl siding on.

Damaris, you're racing this weekend, right?

Marjorie, sorry you were so swamped at work.

Susan, ugh on the steamy aspect, good that you got the miles in.

3 this morning. I moseyed around on my own. I passed a guy with a smallish dog on a leash and he warned me that two coyotes had been watching him from across the road. I didn't feel in danger but I'll bet they were assessing their chances of getting the dog. Lucky for Fido that he was on a leash, coyotes are smart enough to know when the dog is attached to the human and when it is free to be grabbed.

Docket_Rocket

I would have been screaming too.  My husband has a talent for always being late for everything.  He is driving me to the airport tomorrow (he is taking a later flight) and I am sure I'll be there as we are boarding, grrrr.

Camille, mine is an inhaler and I do keep the old one in my purse (it has a few extra pumps) but I gave it to my husband when he forgot his during our last trip so I don't have anything.  Well, I do have the other meds, the one that made my asthma get worse, so I might as well do without.  I have albuterol if there is an emergency.  So far, a bit of coughing but nothing else.

Tessa, not really racing.  I am running the HM with hubby.  Not in the mood to push the pace.  Running has been great this week but I feel my lungs are not ready for racing.

Ginny, glad you had a great run.

Sue, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run. Just got up too late then had a bunch of calls And it was so sunny and hot I didn't want to run at lunch.

Damaris I would go insane   I cannot stand being late and do not want to get to the airport and walk right on the plane. It makes me too nervous. I'd rather be there an hour early and sit versus rushing.

Tessa as oh the swamping of work will continue. June and July are very packed for me.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Me too!  But when you married someone who made us late to OUR OWN WEDDING, well....

I took a URD. It was hot, I was tired, excuses, but it is a cutback week.  I decided that doing the laundry and packing for tomorrow's trip was better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Tired. And mad at the world, because I supposedly had two packages delivered on Tuesday (left on the doorstep), and when DH got home from work nothing was there. So someone took them. One fedex and one UPS, so it wasn't like the delivery guy just got the wrong house. One was running shoes and the other was clothes.  $200 worth of stuff total, so it's not a huge loss, but still, it just makes me sad. And even more ready to move out of this neighborhood.

I ran 7.5 miles after work. They were slow and sluggish. I just never felt good. Now I'm waiting for my laundry to finish drying - I really just want to go to bed. Sorry for all the Debbie Downer - I think a day full of problems and issues at work followed by crap is taking its toll.

Lisa, have fun in Chicago! Sounds like a fun trip, except for the pesky work stuff.

Carol, congrats to DD! That is a lot of weight - good for her.

Ginny, hooray for the awesome run! I'm glad you had one, after my crappy one I need to hear they still exist.

Damaris, hope you made it through the day breathing easy.

camille, glad you made it home. You sound happy to be there.

Tessa, coyotes? I admit I'd be a little nervous, whether I should be or not.

Susan, glad you got the a/c working.

Marjorie, I'm with you. I'd much rather get there early and wait than cut it close. Flying back yesterday I was nervous because I only had a little over an hour when I turned my rental car in. Luckily, the locals were right, the airport in Dayton is very quiet, and there was no line at all at security so I was at the gate with plenty of time.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I actually had a nice breathing day but too long so I ended up taking a URD.  I checked my breathing and it was the same as if I had used the meds.  Go figure.

Karen, that happened to us with an Amazon shipment (a Garmin).  We usually have no problems because this is a closed complex but that day, there were several packages damaged or stolen and ours was one of them.  That sucks.  Call them to make sure they did not misdeliver.  That has happened too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page