Womens Running

Not baaaa-d Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

In honor of our tough Nanny Goat who covered well Over 40 miles this weekend.  <that is supposed to be a goat's "accent" in the title>

Tessa-can't wait to hear the gory inspiring awesome details!

6.5 for me yesterday morning.  I forgot why I bought my newest trail shoes a half size bigger. Wore older ones and ouch on the toes. They were clipped short but still may lose a nail.  Cut run short. Rest of day was putzing around with cleaning then a bbq at friends.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was 35 minutes on the track. It was another great run!

Saturday was 35 minutes on the TM, then 2.5 hours golfing. I walked since it is so hard to get my ball to go any distance. It was fun anyway. Putting is getting much better. I did a 1 mile hike after the golf.

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes running out on the trail. Three deer were seen.

Monday I did a run/cardio DVD for 50 minutes, then hiked a mile.

Today I plan a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I forgot to post that I ran 8 miles yesterday.  I was so preoccupied with the whole stupid race thing and doing stuff at home that I forgot to mention.  3 this morning too...humid and warm, just like I like it!

Back at work today....darn!  I wish I were independently wealthy and could blow this pop stand!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Congrats to Tessa on the Nanny goat. I had faith you'd get the birthday miles. Did you eat the cake?

Gatsby, bummer on the offer.  Maybe it'll come thru soon or maybe a better one will.

Ginny, good for you on the 8 miles. I'd be irritated at the woman, too, for cutting the course short. I remember how I felt when the woman passed me in the chute and  and took the first place medal-felt cheated.  They did look at tape later and fix results, but I never knew if they told her if was poor form to pass in the chute!

Lisa, I like the title!

I'm still quite congested so cancelled my flight to Alaska today and made an appt. with ENT for Thursday. He got me cleared up enough to fly 3 years ago so I'm hopeful I can go next week.  I did get out yesterday and felt better afterwards and will try for a couple easy miles today.

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, having read the weekend thread, I think you have a right to complain. Did you notify the RD that the woman who took the first place award had cut the course? I take it there was no mat or marshal to enforce running the full course?

Camille, sorry you feel bad and can't fly. Get better!

Karen, poor Jake with losing his hearing...however how much does he listen to you anyway? Except when you're opening the pantry of course.

Lisa, can you cull all the old shoes?

Judy, you do see lots of deer. We rarely see them here.

Gatsby, sorry that the job offer isn't likely to come through.

Hi Cindy, Marjorie, Susan, Carol, Laura, Damaris, anyone I've missed (sorry)! Yesterday was a work day, getting notes and quizzes written for the class I'm teaching Tuesday nights to try to get a couple of weeks ahead.

Made it out the door for 4 with RN this morning. I'm feeling guilty. She is wishing we'd stayed for the full 24 hours Saturday-Sunday. Her DH was having piriformis and knee issues so ran 20, walked 15, and called it quits at 35, about 5 PM. I had a goal of 51 and made that about 9 PM, did another lap, stopped and had a Mike's and sat down for a while. Her DH was sitting under the canopy also, the other guy who carpooled with us was in the 12 hour and so was done at 8 PM. I mentioned to her DH that I was thinking about calling my DD to come get me (65 miles) if I paid for the gas and her time. RNDH said don't do that, they were planning to leave in the next couple of hours. RN was still walking, then I walked two more laps with her which brought me to 54 and her to 55. She had originally said she wanted to get to the metric hundred, so 7 more laps, and at the pace she was going that would have taken two hours or so. Her DH talked her into calling it a night and we left. This morning she was not happy about having felt pushed into leaving, she could have kept going, and I wish I'd driven alone or called DD so that my wish to get home didn't factor into the equation. I'd rather have her annoyed at her DH than at me.

Oh well. We learned a lot for when/if we do this again. But I'm not sure I will...a one mile loop is brutal.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well done Tessa!  Glad you made more than your goal

ran 4.2. I have what I think is sesmoiditis in my right big toe. Tape helps. So I'm keeping the miles low as I stop as soon as it starts to burn in the toe when I'm running. At least it isn't full blown as it isn't there unless I pound on it too much with running

took dh to the airport this am. He is gone until Friday. Didn't listen to me when he had them make the reservation.  He just let the agent the use do whatever. Going he is fine but coming back he has 45 minutes in ATL. Since his plane coming into ATL will land in the D concourse because it will be tiny airplane he will be sprinting to make his connection if he can even do it. the planes coming to Charleston will be B usually.   I told him to make sure he had minimum 1.5 hours. He did not listen. Sigh. Change fee is $200 so he has to chance it. I imagine he will be standby for several flights the rest of the day. We shall see. Looks like there are some seats on the next flight on Friday (an hour later and it was the same price. I do not get agents. They need to connect in some if these airports and see why 45 min is not enough time.  It is the bare min for ATL that they allow. But, i just don't see it happening. If he just had to go a few gates down or in the same concourse he would be fine. At least he is checking his bag so he won't have to have the extra 10 min standing there waiting for his carry on since the bins on the tiny planes don't accommodate roller bags so they have to be brought to them.

Ginny you you have a right to still be upset.

Camille  hope you feel better

Tessa poor rn. Still impressed you did so well.

Karen ne did the ablate his ear?  Poor dog. All those infections had to hurt

Marjorie

Good Morning!!  Tessa--Happy birthday and congrats on Nanny Goat 54 miles!  Wow!

Saturday I did a local duathlon.  2 mile run/11 mile bike/2 mile run.  I didn't time my splits but I thought I had a really good ride.  Runs were ok, considering how warm and humid it was.  1st in my AG.

Spent the weekend hanging out w BF.  He just (40 minutes ago) sailed for a two week cruise in the gulf--he's a marine biologist.  Got some of those pesky chores done around the house.  Yay!!   Some had been on my list for YEARS!  He fixed my closet doors!!

Did 4.8 miles this morning w/ a running buddy.

Now that BF has sailed I am going to cram in as much training/quilting/knitting as I can in 16 days lol!

There may be an adoption in foster dog Buddy's future.  A couple in New Orleans is interested in him.  Fingers crossed.  He's a sweet dog.

Anonymous Guest

Nice job Tessa - so you're good for another three years then, but what will you do for your 55th birthday? And I will admit that it's kind of nice to be able to come home and put all the groceries in the pantry without anyone trying to smuggle a milk bone. We figure it took awhile for us to notice because like you said, it's not like he really listened anyway.

Marjorie, the vet mentioned that as a possibility last time he had a bad one, but medication always seems to clear them up and then we don't worry about it until the next one. This one the vet said didn't actually look that bad.

45 minutes to change flights in Atlanta?!?! Yes, that is very doubtful. Hopefully his first flight will get in early.

camille, hope you feel better soon!

crazysue, congrats on the du!! You are really tearing up the race course this year.

Ginny, I would be so mad about the race. Maybe send an email to the RD at least, mentioning that you saw the woman cut the course short. Just to let them know that it happened so they can make sure it's either better marked or there is a volunteer directing people next time. Nothing may come of it, and you're not complaining for selfish reasons (although it's not selfish to want the recognition you deserve!), you're just trying to help them from having the same problem in the future. And maybe they'll at least go back and correct the results.

Lisa, donate those old shoes! Your toes will thank you.

I'll run a few miles after work, then I may try this Pilates DVD that I got awhile back and forgot about. I may try to add in a mat class in addition to my private session each week, but if the DVD is any good - it could save me a few bucks. Not much going on here - boss is on vacation and I'm trying to get through the approximately one million things on my to-do list. Next week I'm out half the week for "vinyl siding boot camp" at one of our member's plants. Should be..........fun?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Tessa....no, it was just a small local 5K, so no mats or anything like that.  My DH did call someone else who ran the race (kind of a big shot) and told him my story and he said he would tell the RD.  I really did not want DH to call anyone and had no idea that he was going to do so.  But maybe next year they will have someone posted at the turns to point the way, that would help.  Congratulations on your 54 miles!  Wow! Sorry RN is upset.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, 45 minutes to change concourses in Atlanta and they start boarding 30-35 minutes before takeoff? I hope there's a bathroom on the first plane so he doesn't need to stop and pee. And tell him to pack a sandwich because he won't have time to get anything. I've done my share of those sprints across the terminal and between concourses -- at least Atlanta isn't a mile high like Denver is.

Susan, how nice to have things done that you've been wanting to do! Sorry he is leaving for so long, get your quitling and knitting fix in now.

Back to work...

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!!

Haven't checked in for a few days....running's been going well.  The beautiful weather we've been having has helped immensely

Half Marathon on Saturday - 1:56:40, was happy with the result.  The weather was picture perfect!  I have been doing so many long, slow runs that I really didn't know if I had it in me to run faster.  The last Half I did about a month ago was a training run and I ran it with a friend who runs at a slower pace.  This one I ran solo and was able to keep it at a 8:45- 8:50 most of the race, excluding mile one that was all uphill (yikes) .   I ran 4 recovery miles Sunday; 5 miles with a friend yesterday and 3 miles this am.  Quads are still somewhat sore from the hills at the race LOL.  Marathon is in 4 weeks, we have a 20 miler this Sunday, and I'm a little nervous about it.  My RP has a lot of mental anxiety over these long runs and she tends to want to stop a lot about half way through.  I think this week we're going to try and start earlier in the morning so we can be done earlier.

Hi Lisa - great 6.5!

Judy - nice workouts for you!  I need to get out and golf soon, I am terrible at it, but it is a fun thing to do with my BF.  We usually walk the course, as well, and I count it as a workout!

Ginny - nice 8 miles, Girl!!  I am with you on the job, especially after this nice relaxing weekend.   I have to go back and read about your race.

Camille - feel better!!

Tessa - you are Superwoman - wonderful running this weekend!

Marjorie - ouch on the toe.  I've had two of my toes hurting the past week and they bothered me for several miles during the race Saturday.  Seem to be okay now (I did cut my toenails down so maybe that was the problem).  Hope it feels better

Sue - ohhh, BF sounds like a catch, so happy for you!  Good Luck to Buddy

Hi Karen!  What did you decide to do about the job notice?

Off to DS baseball game

ONE MILE LAPS????? I'm in pain just thinking about it.  You poor thing.

the shoes are fine for flatter surfaces, or with tighter lacing or thinner socks.

Lisa