Womens Running

TIME FOR THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

OJewel

Good morning!

OJewel

Good morning everyone!

Norcal- ready??? Almost there! Good luck with the job hunt process too!

Lucy- so sorry about your car, that's so horrible they didn't leave a note! I only hit someone's car once haha but I totally told them and paid for it. I would have felt guilty if I didn't!

RR- heading out for 2-3 miles after I have coffee.

NRR- just finishing up a bunch of projects before I go away. So excited fr the marathon and for sightseeing afterwards!

have a great day!

SassySparky

Jewel - have a great weekend! I love Gettysburg, my family went a few years ago, and we went a bunch of times growing up. I highly recommend the double decker bus tour or the battlefield. GOOD LUCK on your race!!

Lucy - I can't believe what happened to your car!!! So crazy! I hope you get it back soon.

RR: About to do some easy ST.

NRR: Not much, just work and home life. Seriously nothing going on! Work is kind of sucking right now - experiments are not producing the expected results so it's kind of a bummer.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

taylorma1

Jewel-good luck with your race! I am so excited for you

Sassy-hope you get some good results soon

RR: just ST today.

NRR: up late last night at a bar with a friend and his coworkers. Everything went on the company credit card, so we had some fun with that. Not too much, but last night's sleep was not that great, and I have a busy day today. So looking forward to the weekend

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

NC: Best of luck in your marathon! Smile

Seattle: Good luck this weekend! Smile

Lucy: Poor car Sad I hope it gets fixed quickly!

Taylor: Glad you had fun last night.

OJ: You are running a marathon this weekend, too?

Sassy: enjoy your ST

RR: 20 minute walk tonight. It's supposed to be warm again. Itching to run! Can't wait till I'm cleared in a few weeks to run!

NRR: I've been exhausted this week. I think it's a combo of having surgery and then being pretty inactive. Hoping my energy levels pick up in the coming days.

Have a great Thursday ladies!

POrun

Happy Thursday!

RR: If napping counts, I've become an expert napper. Something I've never done well in the past!

NRR: My dad flew in last night. i didn't see him until this morning since I was already asleep. He's helping paint the outside of our house. I'm so excited about the house though. The previous owners kept everything white, inside and out. I like color! So, the house will be blue with light gray trim, and purple doors (needed some color pop in there). We don't have a traditional house by any means since it's centric to viewing the water, not for curb appeal, so all the doors are kind of hidden and unseen from the road. There's lots of vegetation and flowers around the house too, so it will look great next to the blue as opposed to the white. Yay! Something to look forward to in life besides sleeping!

OJ: Have a good run. Wow, can't believe your marathon is already here!

Sassy: Sorry about work.

taylor: Whoot on free drinks out!

Lucy: Yikes, so sorry about the car! I'm glad your insurance will at least cover it! Probably a drunk driver or someone with no insurance. Same thing happened to my parents in IL a while back and since they didn't have specific hit and run insurance, it was not covered. It was ridiculous. I hope you get your car back soon!!!!

RLTW: I hope your energy levels pick up too. Thinking of you dear! You're such a fighter. I'm pulling my inspiration from you right now!

Have a great day ladies.

lizo_77

hi ladies,

NRR: work day. my trip went ok. the bid opening I had didn't turn out so good. so now we're trying to figure out where to go from here.

RR: a mile and weights this morning. yesterday it was 2.8 before the treadmill at the hotel went kaput.

Jewel: good luck finishing up those projects! you are going to rock the race! enjoy the trip!

sassy: boo about the experiment results. hope you can tweak them so they do produce what you need!

taylor: hope you can find time for some rest. sorry about the crappy sleep last night.

rltw: sending some energy vibes your way!

ok. tons to do as I wasn't anticipating this extra work from the bad bids. sigh.

Also I have a question. Since I live so far from my sisters, I haven't asked them to do much for the wedding. My younger sis is POd about it. and has been really really mean the entire planning time because of it. so I'm trying to take a positive route and try and give her something to do. Ideas? Challenge is every weekend till the wedding is booked. Also, it's a small wedding. And they live in CA and I live in SD. Ideas?? Thanks!

monk717

Morning!

RR: I ran last night! Only a mile and a half in about 20 minutes, 5 minutes walk at the beginning and end. It was a week and a half in between runs and I think what little endurance I've built up is suffering. Also I've been taking the stairs two to three times a day and I feel like that didn't help my running efforts along with the fact that I've never been a fan of evening workouts, especially after dinner. The goal was right after work but the baby didn't agree with that. Anyway, my stomach got upset so that made the run rough too. That may also have to do with all the junk I ate yesterday. But I'm committing to evening workouts two nights a week because something is better than nothing.

NRR: Ended up staying up until 11 last night as a result of the workout and P was up at 3 to about 3:40, alarm at 5:30 (got to sleep in half hr since I showered last night... not that that made much difference!). Do the math and... I stayed in bed an extra 25 minutes trying to wake myself up. I have a little more flexibility on Tuesdays and Thursdays because when P goes to daycare, DH takes the kids and I just go straight to work. But still got here later than I wanted and now I'm struggling to stay awake... I wish today was Friday. I really need to start making myself go to bed earlier at least a couple nights a week.

monk717

lizo: I have a best friend who at the time of my wedding was quite broke, so I didn't feel right asking her to be a bridesmaid (I'm not even sure how she afforded the trip really). I ended up asking her to be my personal attendant... could you have your sisters do something like that? You can still include them in the program if you want and maybe involve them a bit more with any last minute planning/decisions and then they help you with anything you need during the special day.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Nothing. The massage was good. We determined I hurt the arch of my foot, which is why my calf was hurting. I have tape on it now, and it feels much better. I should have gone in earlier. D'oh!   New ST routine tonight with the PT. I am ready for something different.

NRR: Not much. Work has slowed to a crawl and then I will be hella busy next week, so I know I should be enjoying the break but I am the type of person who needs to be busy. Ate some pretty good nachos last night.

And for Hottie Thursday: http://jezebel.com/meet-the-man-who-was-deported-from-saudi-arabia-for-bei-480273484   Apparently
                      this guy was deported from Saudi Arabia for being too hot.  More pictures at the link.

hot dude

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. I ended up going on a 5 mile hike with DH and L last night, so I might skip my 2 mile run today, we'll see.

NRR. I have a job interview at 11 today! It's part time front office at an acupuncture office. The hours would be a fit with my spa job, plus seeing my own massage clients and running our water business, so hopefully it goes well! After that, I'm meeting a friend for lunch! All I've been doing is eating this week, seriously!

Jewel- I went to Gettysburg as a kid and loved it. Hope you have a great time! I can't believe we're like 3 days from our marathons!!!!!!! Shocked

Sassy- Sorry the experiments aren't coming out right!

Taylor- Ooooh drinking on the company card is fun! haha

RLTW- Thanks! I hope you get cleared to run again soon, at least you can go out walking though.

PO- The house colors sound great!! Hope you're feeling better. And hey, napping is a useful skill!

Lizo- That's tough with your sisters. I'm out of the loop on wedding planning, but hope you find something they can be involved with. At least a bachelorette party! Wink

Monk- Nice job on the run last night!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

OWR- LOL that's pretty hilarious! you'd be surprised how many foot things are related to calf issues!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

More pictures are here:  http://gawker.com/is-this-the-hunk-deemed-too-handsome-for-saudi-arabia-480706655

Anyway..

Jewel/NC - So excited for your marathons!

Sassy - Sorry about your experiments.

Taylor - I have that problem when I have too much fun, too.. I keep waking up.

PO - I love the color palette you've chosen (at least how I see it in my head).

lizo - Can she be in charge of party favors or something?

MA runner girl

Morning. Zombie mode here...

RR: Yes, RR! I ran a mile yesterday and felt fabulous! I walked a half mile warm up and cooldown for 2 miles total. Bleeding did not pick up so I think I'm good to go. Going for a walk today, another beautiful day.

NRR: Another really rough night. Put him down at 11 and he was up at 2 and wouldn't go back to sleep until after 4. And then was up at 7. I'm so tired! I really wanted to go out today, I really need to do some shopping. Now my energy levels are so low so we'll see. Sigh. It's a good thing C is super cute! DH has been working in VT, about 2.5 hours away for the last 2 weeks and thank goodness he is done going there! I didn't feel as bad waking him up to help last night.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

Lizo - We didn't include our siblings in our wedding parties, mostly because they were all really young at the time and we aren't super close. My MIL was more offended than my SILs were. Anyway, we had them act as ushers at the ceremony. They passed out the programs, and seated people. We also had them walk down the aisle with our parents. that way they were part of the day and helpful, but didn't have to spend money on events, bridesmaid dresses and tuxes, etc.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!