Womens Running

Woohoo Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

Am trying to adjust to working 5 days (shorter hours), rather then 3 days (long hours).  So Friday has a brand new meaning to me Smile

I did read through the last few days and commented in my head Smile

Did our last LR last night before Grand Canyon - YIKES!!!

Hope everyone has a great Fall week-end!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Love fall weather. Just enjoying some coffee before I head out for a run. No need to get up super early and get it done before it gets too hot. I will enjoy to the fullest as next fall will be.....a little less than ideal.

Lisa, glad you got a car and made it home.

Carol, how exciting - the Grand Canyon is waiting for you guys!!!!

Planning on 10 or 11 this morning, then Sam's Club and the grocery store and possibly the outlet mall if I don't run out of energy. Oh, and I have to clean this house and do laundry. Being out of town last weekend and then half of last week means things are messy and dirty. I will most definitely be hiring someone to clean the new house.

Back later with a report of a successful run....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At puppy pool. Took Quincy in to vet to get his zippers removed (staples) from his surgery. Stopped and got the girls breakfast. Hammy's appt isn't until 1015 so we have a wait. But if we'd gotten to Quincy's appt on time then they would have been behind. Got Quincy to the vet early and they took him 20 min early. I'd rather be early

I'm dressed to run. Will run as soon as we get home. It isn't hot so that is good in the 70 s.

Lisa  I got home after midnight. So running at 5 wasn't happening. I didn't get to bed until after 1 by the time I got into the house. Let the pups out etc.

Carol hard to believe GC is so soon!

Karen glad the foot is holding up. I am sure the run went well

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.  Glad to see Lisa made it home!

Carol, nice job on the last LR before the race!

Karen, good luck with the 10-11.

Marjorie, good luck with the vet appointment.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Trying to fit a bunch of house stuff into the weekend.  Trying to map out a 20 miler for tomorrow on dirt roads.  I do have a full in 3 weeks.

Lisa

Quick check in. Doing a HM this morning in San Francisco but doesn't start until 9:30. Treating it as a supported training run instead of a race and it will be hilly so I'm not expecting a fast time but hoping for a nice run. Going to be a warm day for us with highs in upper 60s. BBL to chat.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 10.2. Good run. Dh went to the store and is mowing the yard. I'm watching some things in the DVR.

Lisa good luck with all that.   I leave tomorrow for another work trip but this is just all day Monday and then home. Plus I can drive up there. So no flights this time.

Gatsby hope the race went well

have a good run D

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Lisa, have fun with the 20 miles.

Gatsby, hope the race went well.

Marjorie, nice job on the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Trip to cider mill complete.  Someone needs to create a Cider Mill scented candle.  Seriously.  Mix of spiced donuts being made, apples being mushed, leaves drying... heavenly. Sort of a midwest/northern thing though for sure.

Damaris-still haven't figured out where to run.  Will be solo which makes it harder.

Marjorie-having a couple of friends over to play Euchre tonight too. (guessing that you, Carol, and Laura will be the only ones here who know what Euchre is).  I fly to NYC on Tuesday.  Not an easy drive that's for sure.

Gatsby-hope you had a great time!! We are having an amazing upper 70's day here.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Awww yes Euchre. We used to even have euchre tournaments during high school in home room. And, we played it at home. ALL. THE TIME. one of my favorite card games. Very big Michigan thing!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Who ran 11 miles this morning? This girl!!! Foot didn't really hurt, but could definitely feel it at times, reminding me to take it easy. Hurts some now, lots of stretching and rolling going on.

Hey, I used to play Euchre! Haven't played it since college though, and don't even remember how. My grandparents loved playing cards so all 6 of their kids and all of their kids would play when we'd get together.

Marjorie, glad you made it home. Nice 11, and I don't blame you for not running early.

Gatsby, hope you enjoyed the half.

Lisa, hope the 20 goes well tomorrow. Why am I forgetting.....are you doing the full at Detroit?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Hi ladies!  I'm feeling very happy.  I did a 5k and it felt MUCH better than the one about 6 weeks ago that felt awful.  It was about 38, and I just run better at those temps.   Either that or more training paid. : )  Garmin 29:19, with splits 9:13,9:23 and  9:19. It has a few small hills the last couple miles, so pretty even.   Official time was 28:16 since tradition is a minute head start for those with costumes.  : ) 1st AG, but small race. I was Wonder Woman and didn't know until I finished that I should have had a "lasso of truth."  I just bought a costume I could wear running, which was mainly a t-shirt.   While we waited for the start, I had a great conversation with an ultrarunner who did the 100 mile Resurrection Pass and plans on Sluice Box 100 next year.  You know how I admire adventurers, so I'll count this was my fun thing for the weekend. A 77 yr. old  ran a 10:20 pace-she was happy. Fun race.

Lisa and Marjorie, I'm so glad you both got home.  How frustrating it must have been.

Marjorie, I'll bet Quincey is excited to have the stitches out. Nice miles.

Lisa, Resurrection Pass has a 50 miler, too.  Just saying.: ) I won't run it, but I'd give you  rides.   Sounds a bit wimpy of me, doesn't it? The pics on the lake were nice.  Which full do you have in a couple weeks?

Carol, I can't wait to see you GC pics!

DR, has your breathing improved?   Nice run.

Karen, congrats on the raise!  That conference sounded too busy, so enjoy your weekend.  Do you get some comp hours?

Gatsby, good luck on the half!

Tessa, I hope the fruit pick was productive. I gathered my little garden yesterday and will have potato soup tonight.  We've had frost, but what I had left was resistant.

Thursday, we had a 6.2 earthquake  which again made me appreciate our building codes.  It's remarkable that the buildings sway like that, yet hold together. I think I ran that day, too.    Yesterday I biked across town early in the morning and nearly froze despite having on 2 shirts, a thick fleece jacket, hat and gloves.  Left me impressed with bike commuters.

Have a great weekend!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran a 30K today. Short story is, it was a disaster! Turns out that not running for a week and then attempting the furthest distance you've ever run is NOT a recipe for a good run. I was starting to struggle by mile 10, and the wheels really fell off about mile 14. One of my running buddies and a friend of hers were with me through mile 14, but I waved them on at that point because I was moving so slowly, and had to take a couple of walk breaks. I got through the last couple of miles on sheer force of will. EVERYTHING hurt - my quads, hamstrings, hips, hip flexors, even my abs. I will be very sore tomorrow.

The good news is that my shins were manageable - a bit sore but not too bad. Of course, the real test will be how they feel when I run on Monday. I've been and will continue to be diligent with the routine Damaris sent me.

Lisa - I'm glad you made it home ok. I hope your 20 went well - I don't know that I could go that far on my own. I'd have been in worse trouble today without company.

Marjorie - I'm sure Quincy's glad to be rid of the stitches.

Carol - when do you leave for GC?

Karen - I know, isn't fall weather the best? Today's weather was about the only good thing about today's rest. Yay for your double-digit run. Hope the foot holds up.

Damaris - I hope your breathing held up today.

Shadow - I treated my race today the same - as a supported training run. It also gave me the chance to experiment with fueling, since I don't carry Gatorade on long runs.

Camille - don't I remember that you're running a race in Durham? Maybe the Bull City Race Fest? My RB's friend that ran with us today is running that one.

Off to bed - I'm pretty beat!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, congratulations on the PR -- since you have never done a 30K before obviously it is a PR.

Lisa and Marjorie, glad you made it home safely. Marjorie, what type of surgery did Quincy have?

Mmm, cider mill candle would be delicious.

Lisa, can people run or walk across the bridge when there isn't a formal event?

Karen, I would love to hire someone to clean my house. Not happening and not likely ever to.

Carol, wow, when is the GC run?:

Damaris, sounds sensible to cancel Pilates by mutual agreement.

Gatsby, how did the HM go?

Camille, congratulations on the race! Sorry your garden got frostbit. Ouch on the earthquake -- it is amazing that all the buildings stay standing. I hate that moment when you feel it start to shake and you freeze in place to see how bad it's going to get.

Pick went well. This is a property that has been picked every year since the organization began, and the lady has lived there since 1949. Six orange trees, two grapefruit, one tangerine, one lemon. We got 11 boxes of oranges and 5 of grapefruit. I spent some time riding herd on a bunch of college students who were more interested in socializing than picking, but we managed to get something accomplished and the food pantry to which we delivered the fruit was delighted. Also I got a couple of admiring comments about "Lady, you're strong!" as I did my share of heaving 40 lb boxes of fruit around. I guess lifting weights is paying off!

ginnyb

Lisa....I also know Euchre!  In fact DH and I just taught our youngest son and his girlfriend how to play.  When my parents were alive we used to play everytime they came to visit....nice memories.  I am not a good card player, but I love euchre!

I have been very lax with my running.  3rd toe on right foot is swollen and bruised and 4th not in such good shape either since the half last weekend, same shoes as I always wear, but am thinking I may need larger size.  My foot grew?  Kind of weird.  I went out Wednesday night, which was a mistake because I run awful in the evening and this one was no exception to that rule.  Am planning a short run when I get motivated this morning.  I am doing the Columbus Half in 3 weeks and really apprehensive because of these darn calf cramps!  Lisa, if we lived closer I would do part of your 20 miler with you.....I am still thinking about that trail run and how good I felt!  Granted , I did run much slower than usual, but I felt good throughout the whole run and no cramps!  I don't know, maybe me running the longer road distance days are over.  Nah....I will figure it out!

It is still dark out and it is almost 7 a.m.!    Don't like the trend!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15