Womens Running

Frosted Over Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Everything has a blanket of icy snow. :::scrape, scrape:::

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday Fast Buddy and I did a 30 minute run on the track. It was good to catch up on the news.  He is well liked at the track and friends gathered to talk to him. He's had a few injury issues.

Car is set to have some work done on it on Thursday so I can keep to my track schedule for most of this week.

I did 20 minutes of cardio DVD when I got home. It works well to loosen me up if I’ve stiffened up from the track run.

Track run then cardio DVD on schedule for today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Quick post this am...off to work.  No run for me yesterday, lots of last minute things going on here for wedding Smile   I am now to the point of getting excited about it!  Hoping to get out of work in time for a daylight run tonight.

Sorry, not personals today Sad...I did read thru yesterday but am running behind.

Ok, just one personal

Damarias - I read your RR's....you are amazing to be able to do those back to back marathons....

LC Runs

Yes, we've made it to Tuesday!

4 on the TM - planning an after work run (3-4 miles) with work buddy.

Judy - I know, we had snow/ice covering this morning, too **sigh**

Carol - woot woot, wedding week!!  Excited for you all Smile

Karen - glad you got home a bit early yesterday and had time to run.  It is so hard to get up in the cold and dark, my bladder really motivates me though since I always have to go to the bathroom around wake up time lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Goodmorning

Karen score on the grocery store!

we are stopping by where I used to work before we moved to Charleston today on our way back.

My right hamstring is very sore. A few days and it will be fine.

Carol you know it is fine if no personals!

Het Laura.

Marjorie

camille2

Ill catch up when I have regular keyboard.

Rest day here-hiked a bit of A T on Sunday and walked a did a bunch of sightseeing yesterday.

tessa, have you done sand hollow? Jane is considering and I thought I'd read a report.

hi Judy, double running Laura, and wedding planningCarol!

camille2

Cross posted.

marjorie, my rt ham string is a little sore, too.  I have a few other sore spots, too.  Paying for the poor training.  I'm hoping a rest day will take care of it. enjoy your trip back!

did you hubby catch fish? May have missed it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Weights and kickboxing for me tonight.

Judy, I'm jealous of your dusting of snow.  10th month at above 90F has me in a bad mood.  haha.

Carol, thanks!  Enjoy the wedding!

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Marjorie, hope the hamstring gets better.

Camille, enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Ran 6 this morning with one of the gals at the park.  Nice run, but I am still pretty sore from the Spartacus workout yesterday.  Last night my inner thighs were so sore I could barely get into the bed.  Sideways lunges.  Apparently that muscle group gets no training.

Wow Judy!  Snow!  We are supposed to have a cool snap tonight.  Probably won't freeze here.  Think I will pick my bananas today.

Karen--Score on the grocery store!!

Anonymous Guest

Trying not to do anything stupid this morning, day 2 of migraine (mine normally last 3 days). At least with drugs I'm functional, just a little foggy and nauseous with a dull ache in my head. I need to make some changes to some of my pages on our website, but the person that is supposed to show me how is on travel, so I just figured out how to log on as the administrator, set me up as a user and am now making changes. This will either work well, or be a good example of someone that knows just enough to be dangerous!

The job is going well - my plan is to get promoted from Manager to Director as soon as possible, so if we end up moving to Texas I might be able to turn it into a work from home job and keep working here for awhile. Just hoping I have enough time to learn everything and prove myself - DH is working every angle he can, but the "good chance we won't have to move" is turning back into "we're going to have to move, it's just a matter of how long we can put it off".

No snow here - there was a chance of it in the forecast, but so far dry and already over 40 degrees out. Undecided on workout tonight - will decide based on how I feel. I think I'm going to ask my boss if I can work 8-4 instead of 9-5. I've noticed the earlier I'm out the door in the morning, the better the parking and the less crowded the trains.

Judy, good to catch up with Fast Buddy.

Carol, is the wedding this weekend already? Exciting!!

Laura, doubles seem to be working out for you timewise. Maybe I could learn from you. If I'm only getting up for 3-4 miles maybe I could do it, and then run less at night. Problem I have is trying to fit so much in at night, it's after 8 by the time we sit down to dinner.

Marjorie, take it easy on yourself and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Camille, sounds like you and Jane have been having fun, and are getting a lot of post-race walking recovery in.

Damaris, you can keep your 90s, thank you very much. I'll complain if we end up in Texas, I'm sure.

Susan, side lunges? Jus tthinking about that is making my inner thighs hurt! We need a nice freeze here to kill off some of the ticks Jake has been wearing into the house lately.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel