Womens Running

Trail Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 12 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - trails with Sam. I woke up to pouring rain. It just stopped and the radar says it's done for the day but this should be a very muddy experience.

KR - pooped on the big toilet inadvertently..he wasn't finished and DH had taken the potty cup out to clean..who knows if he'll do it again anytime soon.

FR - fried noodles with charred cabbage, shiitake.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.7 miles with Heidi. She rode her bike to my house so I didn't hear her, and she popped around the corner by my garage and scared the bejeezus out of me. Despite getting up at 4:40 before running at 5:15 and pooping twice, I still had the PM chasing me the whole run.

TR: No time outs yesterday. Not only did he have no timeouts at daycare, neither did any of the other kids, Miss Jody was amazed. He bit my calf while pretending to be a tiger last night, for which i lightly swatted him and he bawled.

FR: Tamale pie using fresh corn last night yummmm.  Anybody have an awesome recipe using fresh green beans? I normally like to braise them with bacon, onion, and tomato, but I was thinking I could probably do something more summery. DH won't eat non-canned green beans, so its just for me.

NRR: R's wellchild check this afternoon. If I have time I will take him to the other, less ghetto clinic afterwards to get his blood drawn for his allergy test. I told him if he has no timeouts again today I will take him to the froyo place with the orange spoons and he is pumped, hopefully he can resist his urges.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

I guess personals will be easier over here, but the IT guy will be monitoring our interneting so this may be banned in the future.

RR:  3 on the TM in a few minutes.  I love lunch runs but no time to shower....ewwww.

KR:  Is loving summer camp even more that his BFF is back from Mexico.

FR:  Hot dogs or something similarly easy.

This work thing is getting in the way of my fun :P

beckykay

Spike -  I love them with garlic and almonds but if I remember correctly you are a no nut gal?

Zorbs:  How was the trails?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Yay becky is back Wink- Nope, no nuts for me, dangit.  If I worked in a cube I would totally run on my break but I'm a sweaty tomato face after I run.

zorbs- is B still afraid his penis will fall off if he poops on the potty? How do you char the cabbage? Is it just like carmelized in the wok or something?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - bean salad: canned 3 bean mix, red onion, cilantro, corn, blanched green beans, olive oil, vinegar, cumin.  Bring out the fart candle.  Otherwise I just like something simple, blanched, dipped in soy sauce/hot sauce/sesame oil.  OMG if B bit my leg I would kick his ass.

becky - it poured rain most of the time but the actual dirt trails were..absorbent? and the thick trees blocked the rain in those parts so no shoulder deep mud but some of the puddles on the gravel roads were pretty deep.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I don't think he's afraid his penis will fall off, but the kid hates change and the big toilet just isn't what he's used to.  For the cabbage, you just heat high smoke point oil in a wok, drop in the cabbage and caramelize.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

oh and becky - there is no effin way lulu would be out of business.  They are always one of the busiest stores at the mall.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I read the article Becky was talking about yesterday- their stock has taken a dive after Chip's dumbass remarks, and now he's trying to leverage a hostile takeover with a private investor.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Nice!  We have one trail that in a hard rain turns in to a freaking river.  Otherwise in a normal rain, most of the ground is sheltered by the thick foliage and I love running to the sound of rain but not actually getting that wet.   Yeah, I thought fat chance lulu would go out of business.  I have myself a trip planned for there later this week.

Spike - then I would say oven roasted.  I normally only do easy TM runs at lunch, then something more intense after work Wink  I would be a sweaty tomato face if I went outside.  lordy it is hot and humid out there.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- Summer is impossible for running between 8 am-8pm. Its been over 100 here all week. I saw a bunch of people out running at 7:30 this morning looking like they wanted to die, and all I could think was "I pity the fool who doesn't run before 6 am in the summer". I ran with Joan at 6:30am on Sunday and it was a mistake to go so late.

beckykay

Spike - LOL, I ran Sunday at 1:00 p.m. It was gross.  Then I went straight to Yoga.  I was in the back of the class.  The teacher asked if we thought she would bite.  I'm like no, I am disgusting, sweaty and covered in mud and don't want you to have to smell me Smile