Womens Running

Shorts on Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 11 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Amy..I'm wearing SHORTS!

KR - he moved when DH tried to cut his fingernails and DH cut him accidentally with the clippers.  Enjoys showing off his bandaid and telling everyone that Daddy cut him.

FR - chicken satay, cold peanut soba

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Spin tonight, but I really want to run in honor of National Running Day.

BR:  Is 8 months old today!  Wow!  I guess he was up screaming with DH from 11:15-12:15....I didn't hear a think until 12:15 and got up with him.  Guess I was tired.

TR:  I can't wait until he is 4!!!  This being three thing is really hard.  He talked to MIL and FIL on the phone last night which got me some peace during our walk.

NRR:  3 days left.  I got new Toms yesterday and I love them!  Wearing them today and I doubt they will come off my feet all summer!

FR:  Ready for a meal with all four of us.  H ate sweet potato tots last night!  I found some in his diaper!

zorbs - I love those shorts!  They are cute!  Oh, and I bet I have more flab than you do!  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - not sure, maybe... hips are still a bit tight, but nothing bad.  I brought my gear but it'll be more a matter of whether I can find time, and whether I still want to after work.

RR2 - for any lurkers (all the regular fb'ers have been pestered enough on FB) - I'm having a giveaway/fundraising thing on my blog, donate here: http://cl14.uncoverthecure.org/site/TR/Events/Calgary2014?px=2137674&pg=personal&fr_id=1250

Then enter the contest here: https://www.facebook.com/terryrunsthings/app_228910107186452

There are some good running prizes!

KR - had a great time at my parents yesterday, and was totally wiped by bedtime.  Said to DH yesterday, "why is mommies head so small today?"  DH "I don't think it's any different than normal", M "no it's smaller than usual, and why are our heads so big?"  Hilarious.  And she does have a big head, lol.

TR - was very happy to see her gma yesterday.  She was not happy that DH picked her up from the dayhome, she wanted mommy.

NRR - car needed brakes, they should be done this morning, luckily my MIL is awesome and lent me her car today.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.1 with a fellow off the wagon running friend and the stroller whose tire was going flat. Joleen said she would make a standing date to run with me on Wednesday mornings because she has the day off, sweet! Pretty sure I negated any calorie burn with the giant triple shot iced coffee I got on my way home.

TR: Did something really cute this morning, I can't remember what. Was super grumpy last night.

FR: last night was brats, fried potatoes, salad and homemade saurkraut. I kinda jumped the gun on the sauerkraut, its gonna need another week or two to be really good. Tonight will probably be chicken tacos with fire roasted salsa I made the other night.

NRR: DH got a quote for buyback on the VW from the dealership. They offered $1500 less than we owe on it, if its not sold in a month or two we will use that as a backup plan to get out from under the payments, plus we can sell the snow tires separately. I'd like to drive my car for at least another year or two since I just paid it off in October and then save the money we are paying on DH's car in a fund for the next time we buy a car and/or use some of it towards fixing up the Jeep. We will be saving at least $200-300 a month in gas when DH stops commuting, plus the car payment and DH's raise, it will be nice to build our savings back up after completely wiping it out putting in the yard and furnishing the house.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- How did you like the shorts? I'm about 50/50 on shorts and skirts. R keep showing everyone his skinned knee and telling them he fell down on the Pay-dio (patio). I sometimes forget that I can understand his toddler words and others cant and I have to translate things he says.

Mer- are they the regular style of TOMs or did you get something different for summer?  R turns 3 a month from today, and I feel like he started the 3 yo attitude kinda early, so hopefully he will get better earlier too.

CA- R has a big head too, but he takes after DH. The day I went for my first PP run at 4 weeks, I crossed paths with the contractor who recently had completed some renovations on our old house and he asked me "Did the baby have a real big head like his dad?" LMAO what kind of question is that? I felt like he was asking if I got all stretched out, gross!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR: 5 miles with the stroller this morning. I'll be happy to get back to DHs regular schedule and being able to run solo next week. R is still great about riding in the stroller, but it's definitely tough to push some days. Bootcamp was good too this morning.

TR: stayed dry all afternoon and evening yesterday! Asked to wear undies to bed- definitely not there yet. He sees tractor trailers now, and says "big truck, white face" if it has a white cab.

NRR. Couple of errands this morning. Laundry and cleaning the rest of the day.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR: I remember what R said this morning- we were behind a logging truck and he said "That truck carrying big wood!"

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - you mean uneaten tots in the diaper right? Smile there are cheerios EVERYWHERE in this house.  I suspect we'll still be finding them 10 years from now.

CA - perhaps you should take another rest day, since you did bike yesterday.  I am interested in that McMillan book for my fall race plans.

spike - I like the shorts just fine but they will NOT be replacing my skirts any time soon! they are VERY small, I sized up and if I had tried on my regular size, there would be a LOT of cheek showing.

rg - B refused to wear a diaper to bed and we went with it and he stepped up and kept them dry.  So maybe you should try (after lining the bed of course)

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - lol on the shorts!  I can swing both ways in shorts vs skirts Smile  YUM chicken satay!  Yeah I'll take either today or tomorrow off...

mer - I want to run too!  yay for 3 days left!

spike - nice to have a regular RP!  Too bad you couldn't bring your car here to sell it, it would sell in no time, and used cars are so much more money here, plus there's a big demand for diesel.

RG - you are a superstar for stroller running at 36 weeks!  M still wears pullups most nights to bed, it just isn't worth the middle of the night bed changes.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- the pic of the shorts looked cute! I can't wait to go shopping for new running stuff once I have this baby. Lol o B telling people that DH cut him. I have a waterproof mattress pad on the bed. The only problem is that he still poops in his pull-ups, not on the potty...and I don't want to deal with THAT kind of mess in bed.

Mer- are you planning to take more time off from running, or just easing back into it at this point? Wow, 8 months already?! Sorry that the 3's have been hard with J. The 2's have been a breeze with R, so I'm kind of dreading the 3's- since everyone says 3 is worse than 2. I made homemade baked sweet potato "fries" last night, and R was using his as a spoon for his greek yogurt, lol.

CA- have you had a massage this week? I always say I'm going to get one after a marathon, but I have yet to actually do that. Nice that MIL let you use her car for the day. Funny about the head size comments.

spike- yay for a consistent RP! Ugh, my tires were soft this morning too, maybe that's why the run felt hard. Hope R's grumpiness is gone today. haha on the big wood. Good luck with the car selling. I hear ya on the no savings thing- it's tough!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I haven't had a massage, but I was thinking I might book one for next week just to work out any kinks that haven't resolved by then.  M pooped in her pullups for a long time too - I think it was just after she was 2.5 ish that she got better at going on the potty.  We ended up making a poop sticker chart and if she got to 5 stickers she got a present (just a book or a small stuffy).  I'm not looking forward to that part of PT'ing w/ O, or really any part of PT'ing lol

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- we haven't listed the car yet, just lining up options. Diesel vehicles are lesser known here but there are very few on the used market, because people tend to keep them forever. The dealership is very interested in our car because people don't trade them in much.

runninmer

rg - I am easing back in.  I have a 10 mile race scheduled for the end of July that I really want to do.

zorbs - Yes, pieces of tots that must have fallen through his onesie!

rg/zorbs - We still put J in a diaper when sleeping.  His diaper is huge in the morning.  I know we need to give him the opportunity to try without, but I feel like I am not ready for that yet.  I would imagine that entails him getting out of bed and his room on his own and that would just suck.

spike - I got these. LOL to "big wood".  Sounds like DH's new job will have a lot of benefits for the family, that is great!

CAR - Have you not run since your marathon?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - nope, no runs yet, I've only had one total rest day though because I rode my bike to work yesterday.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- We still diaper R at night even though he rarely pees. He uses the same diaper for a few days and we toss it if it gets skidmarks or too old. I think I'll try him in undies at nighttime when we finally run out of diapers.