Womens Running

BRRRR IT'S A COLD THURSDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

SassySparky

The cold spell continues and we're expecting ice and wintry mix!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just finished 2 easy miles on the TM + 9 burpees (no pushups during the burpees, I was hungry)!

RR2: I started running before eating breakfast again, for the first time in ... 2 years? It's hard because I wake up hypoglycemic but it makes speedwork a little bit easier if I'm not weighed down with a bowl of kashi and coffee.

NRR: Lab day!  I gotta go, G is trying to climb the stairs!

MA runner girl

Fitting title as it was -11 degrees with wind chill when I left my house this morning!! YIKES. Tonight's low is -6 degrees, which of course doesn't factor in wind chill... fun stuff!

RR: Hoping to fit in 3 miles after work, unfortunately I think I will have to head to the gym. I've been avoiding the gym except for swimming because January is always busy, but it's just too cold! And my treadmill is folded up in the baby's room with lots of stuff around it and dust in the air. Hopefully I'll get a treadmill right away!

NRR: I'm officially 7 months pregnant, my due date is 2 months from today! What the what!?!? I have another midwife appt tonight. The group topic is delivery so the husbands are coming too. Should be intersting. Then I'm making stuffed portabella mushrooms... mmm can't wait to try this recipe! I'll post it tomorrow if it turns out good.

Sassy - Nice job with the workout! Maybe you can have something small before the workout, just to get your blood sugar up a little? I agree, it's a tough call...

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Thursday! My last work day!

RR: Running 4 after work today.

NRR: So, for my Bday gift from DH, he gave me a month of having a personal trainer! It's for after my surgery, but I'm excited. My sister sent me an edible arrangement full of fruit and chocolate covered fruit! Yum! Today I actually have real work to do!!!! Now just working to get to the weekend!

Sassy: Great job on the burpees and miles.

MA: Wow, that is cold! I hope the gym isn't too crowded. Wow, time is flying! Whoot for 7 months.

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

MA - enjoy the midwife appointment! wahoo for 7 months pregnant! i love portabello mushrooms in any form so please share that recipe if you like it! Yeah, I used to keep dates and raisins or trail mix around to have a bite before morning runs, I need to do that again.

PO - That's a wonderful gift from your DH! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: nada. taking a day off. didn't wake up as I really needed the extra sleep today.

NRR: tired... can't wait for this work deadline to be behind me. I'm on my third 60 hour plus week now... ugh.

sassy: stay warm!  enjoy the lab!

MA: 7 months! congrats! two to go!

po: awesome presents you get! the edible arrangement and then the personal training balances out the extra calories! Big grin

later!

melrunner

Good morning girls!

PO, I ready out baby gift and freaked out for a minute!!!!!!! Great present!!!!!

MA, have a great appointment with your midwife!

Sassy, how was your run??

Klmcdona

Morning Ladies!

Sassy- I find that I run better with no breakfast as long as I am not doing more than 4-5 miles. It is always such a tough call though breakfast or not! gald you got your run in and burpees. Enjoy lab day

MA- hope you get a TM with no wait tonight at the gym. It is funny because my gym has been emptier than usual! Enjoy your class and your dinner.

PO- sounds like you had a great birthday. The personal training sounds great. I hear you on working to get to the weekend!

Lizo- wow! that is three tough weeks you have had. Sounds like you earned that rest day! Hopefully you are done with the crazy hours soon.

RR- had a great run last night. I have been having a lot of runs lately where I feel like I could run longer, but am ending them according to training plan so as not to ramp up my mileage too quickly and get hurt. I am sure there will be a time soon when I am feeling the opposite so I am enjoying these runs while they last!

NRR- I too am working for the weekend, not that i have anything planned, but I am looking forward to staying in bed a little later. This cold makes it hard to get motivated. Heck, who am I kidding... it is always hard for me to get motivated in the morning... the cold is just a good excuse Smile

c a s s i e

Hi ladies! Slow morning in DIVA-land.

Sassy  - Great job on the run and burpees! What if you ate something less dense, like just a banana, before you ran?

MA- Brrr, stay warm! I hope the gym isn't too packed for you. Enjoy the midwife class!

PO -Yay for personal training! When is your surgery?

Lizo - When is your deadline?

And me..

RR: 7 easy this morning. Going to a plyo class tonight. I went last week and it kicked my bum. Hopefully that means it's making me stronger and faster!

NRR: I'm stupidly excited to teach my favorite scene in Romeo and Juliet today (when Tybalt and Romeo duel). I guess that's a good thing. And also probably means my life is a little boring, since that's the first thing I thought of to put here, haha.

Have a great Thursday! The weekend is almost here!

Visit my blog at www.ruralrunningredhead.com!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Crappy trail run. Part of it is I haven't found my oomph since I lost it this weekend. The other is that we're having freezing rain so the road portion on the way back was slick as h#ll, so Fay and I shuffled the rest of the way home. If I get to the gym for ST tonight, I'll run another mile to keep me on track. Jeez, this made running in the cold seem like nothing.

NRR: Working from home today. I can dial into the network from my home computer so I'll put in some hours. I need to get into the habit of bringing work home when the forecast says "wintry mix". This was supposed to be snow!

Sassy - I had some issues with being hungry on my run this morning, too. I know it's because I didnt' eat that much for dinner last night, but I wasn't hungry.

MA - Congrats on 7 months!!

PO - Those are awesome birthday gifts!! Especially the personal trainer..how thoughtful of your DH.

Lizo - Dang, girl, I'd be tired, too! When is your deadline?

KLM - What are you training for?

Cassie - I remember watching the movie version of Romeo and Juliet from the 70s, and thinking it was way over the top.

taylorma1

Sassy-still cold here as well. I usually try and not eat much before my workouts, but sometimes I am the opposite with speed work. I usually need a little more to eat before I do it, but then I usually just run at lunch so it all digests. Great job on still getting in your burpees

MA-wooo for being 7 months today. Enjoy the midwife appt

PO-those are some great gifts. Edible arrangements are so awesome and yummy

Lizo-oh my gosh. 60 hours all this week! Hope you can get some rest in tonight

Klm-lol the cold is a very good excuse. I am the same way this time of year.

Cassie-I am always excited to teach, so no judgement. Have fun at the plyo class tonight

RR: planning a tempo run after class today, hoping to fit it 7 miles total with 4 at tempo

NRR: only two more days til the weekend. I also have nothing exciting planned, just catching up on work and relaxing. IAlso, I woke up with a sore throat. I really really hope I am not getting sick again Sad

taylorma1

outwest-sorry about your trail run, but those are really some tough conditions to run. Have fun working from home today

NorCal

Wow, when you guys say cold, you really mean COLD! It's been cold here too, but in the high 20s-low 30s at the worse of it.

RR. Still resting that leg. I had chiro, massage and acu yesterday. It's pretty sore today, mostly from massage, but I think it really helped. Will be doing some XT today. I'm really hoping I get that very PT job at the fitness center so I can have a free gym membership again! I can do weights and stuff at home, but cardio that's not running is hard to get without a machine of some sort.

NRR. I posted in FB about some work issues I'm dealing with, which caused me anxiety and insomnia last night. Ugh. Anyways, today, I'm off, and going to look at an office to rent to see clients at on my own. Then a facial and Costco. But all I want to do is crawl back into bed and sleep...

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

OWR- Rough run, but you know you're BA, right?

taylor- Oh no, you can't get sick again! I also feel a little down, so hoping I'm not sick too!

Cassie- Enjoy the plyo class and teaching! I think it's awesome that you get excited about teaching, all of my teachers were totally bored with their jobs.

klmc- I'm so glad you're having so many wonderful runs lately!

lizo- Ok, wow, that's a lot of work! Hopefully it's over soon!

PO- awesome gifts!!!

MA- Wow 2 months! I can't believe it! Enjoy the class tonight.

Sassy- Glad you're enjoying the treadmill!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

Blu_Runs

Hey, all! Quick, down and maybe not dirty post from me.

MA-Yay for 7 months! Congrats!

PO-Great gift from DH. I hope your birthday was fantastic yesterday!

Lucy-I believe it was you the other day that asked, but the minimalist clinic doesn't require anyone to wear minimalist shoes. Actually, they prefer everyone be barefoot. I still wear Nike Trail Pegasus and take off my shoes for the clinic. I am looking at Merrells and Alta minimalist shoes for my next purchase though.

RR-Squeezed in only 2 miles yesterday. Rest of ST tonight, we'll see. My butt is still sore with leg ST on Tuesday. :-P

NRR-Classes are finally picking up. I've been busy! 2 classes today. My project for transportation system will be interesting since it's concerning the public transit system and technology.

Totally, unrelated, but I bought a Thermos last week and I love that thing! It comes with a portable/foldable spoon, so I've been able to have warm pastas and soups at school. Score!

Gotta make my breakfast and skeedattle (spelling?)!