Womens Running

Mighty Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Mighty Mouse, mighty fine, mighty fast, mighty tired, mighty _______

You pick!

Karen-Cool The glare from your stunning and sparkly PR is so darned bright, I need to wear shades! E-lite! Enjoy the glory today.

Tessa-hope your weekend was not horrible.

Cindy-and is the house as clean after as it was before?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday the weather was so perfect by the time I got off work! I dressed, laced up and dashed to a starting place for the trail closer to where I work. The usual length of the trail accomplished, I went on ward to a favorite part of that trail where there is a small bog. The usual turtles were nowhere in sight. On the return, I did a much faster pace for a mile and a half, then continued to my car and then went off to do groceries. I got lots of fresh vegetables and some beef cubes on sale to freeze so I spent more than I usually do. The lady at the checkout is a nice older woman, is a long term employee. There was a string of  guys behind me, all in the usual *hurry* that guys always seem to be in. She made them all wait. The guy behind me finally handed me one of my bags of food to put into the cart. Big grin Hee! Why is it guys always hate to wait in line? Wink

Saturday I did a quick 1.4 mile hike with a friend.

Sunday Buddy and I did 15 minutes running and a lot of walking. He has a problem right now with his knee. After he left I drove to the park and ran 20 more minutes by myself. Later, friends and I went to an antique fair and spent 4 hours walking. They were very productive hours though.

Today I will run, either outside or in, depending on the temperature.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Lisa...I say Mighty Karen!

wow Karen, congratultions again!  .

Only in my dreams...you must be floating today, enjoy it!

Cindy...you did run a marathon with having 18 little guys...think I would rather run!

Damaris...you did Chicago?  I might be wrong with that.

I went to the movies alone last night.  I have never done that, it was quite enjoyable.  I want to see Gravity and DH didn't want to go, so I just went.  Good movie and my first experience with 3-D, very exciting

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Great job Karen!

Rest day. My body is rebelling a bit. Last two long runs I've gotten a bit ill later. Last week I almost had vertigo which I get if I truly get dehydrated. Didn't feel dehydrated and I drank a lot of water. But last Monday I was close. I know the feeling. Yesterday afternoon I just felt blah and had a mild headache. i never get headaches any more.  That and the gi stuff earlier in the week Plus Sat night my stomach felt off. No issues but still dealt weird. So, I figure a rest day is good. My body is sending up signals and beating me over the head.

Ginny i I want to see Gravity too.  3d can irritate me if it makes you feel like you are in the movie so I don't know about 3 D. I may try it and see.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning and Happy Monday!  I am actually excited to be going to work (ha ha, well that might be overstating it a bit but I am not dreading it as would be the norm) Smile

No run this morning, planning on going for a short run after work, I have all of my stuff with me and it should be gorgeous out there this afternoon.

Hi Lisa!  I would have to say "Mighty glad-I'm-not-at-my-old-job"  Big grin

Judy - that is great about the cashier.  I am loving this weather, too!!  Winter, winter, stay away.....

Ginny - I have not gone to a movie alone, but I think I would enjoy it.  Not sure about the 3D though, I have tried that with some kids movies and it just makes me dizzy lol

Karen - once again, GREAT JOB yesterday!!

Hi Tessa, Marjorie, Sue, Cindy, Carol, Amy, Gatsby, Damaris.......Cool

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  My psoas was painful by Mile 8 and the ITB too, so I DNFd Chicago by Mile 11.  It was hard to let go of the goal and then of the race but once I did, I knew it was the right decision.  I have 5 other marathons this year so not injuring myself is for the best, ha.  SRD for me today.

Lisa, mighty tired here!

Judy, haha.  Enjoy your workouts.

Marjorie, hope the body feels better.

LC Runs, hope your run after work goes OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Not horrible about sums it up. Although MM had a good run and completed her first ever >20 miler (we did 22!) and DH is happier now that we have TV.

Judy, your boggy run sounds nice -- are all the turtles already asleep? (Not a wildlife biologist.)

Cindy, 18 elementary school aged boys, wow. I hope they were all tired out by the end of the afternoon! And a lot of parents owe you big time.

Ginny, DS saw Gravity too and enjoyed it. Nothing wrong with going to movies alone. You don't read every book your DH reads or vice versa, right?

Marjorie, I think a rest day is a good idea. Could it be the change in seasons or maybe you're getting a cold? Or the stress of your dad's visit catching up with you?

Laura, so nice to see you excited about going to work rather than dragging yourself miserably to work...

Damaris, sensible decision if you were having psoas and ITB issues. You did your best.

About 3.5 this morning. RN overslept, I think -- she didn't show up so after texting her and running up and down her street (steep hill) I figured she wasn't coming out this morning and I took off to run anyway. No sense in wasting being dressed and out there already.

I was startled on one residential street when a big black Lab came running out after me -- I hear a lot of dogs when I'm running on residential streets but they are usually behind gates or in houses. This one was not. Faced him and told him very sternly to go home. He wasn't so sure but then his owner came out and retrieved him and apologised. Fortunately I'm not the type to shriek and run in panic when I encounter a large dog.

At work today, supposed to be working from home tomorrow but this is going to be interesting since I won't have a laptop. We are upgrading to Windows 7 and Office 2010 (yes I know it is 2013) and so they will have my laptop from tonight through Wednesday morning. I've asked for a loaner but I am not sure they are going to be able to accomodate that, so I may be trying to do everything on Blackberry. Sigh.

Anonymous Guest

Mighty sore legs! I have made it downstairs, where I am now drinking my third cup of coffee. I have a feeling my last day off before work starts tomorrow will not be very productive. But other than the legs, the rest of me is still floating on air. I do believe today will be a rest day for me.

The weekend was so much fun. Great catching up with Julie on Saturday (and she says she's coming back here, she just got a little burned out on social media when putting on her race), then catching up with my friend Judy (she posted as judy716 on RWOL if anyone knew her there). She had me laughing for hours on Saturday. She is an amazing person, 64 years old but doesn't look a day over 40. She was hoping to PR yesterday. That didn't happen, but she did BQ for 2015 (when she hits the 65-69 AG) with a 4:37. The race was awesome - I'm trying to get a RR done today. The drive home was pretty crappy. A little over 6 hours. Traffic came to a complete standstill twice. I think I need to live somewhere with less people.

The funny thing was when I got home DH's legs were just as sore as mine (at least that's what it seemed like from his groaning every time he stood up) from his 3 mile run on Friday. I tried to be sympathetic, I really did! I told him that when I started running 6 years ago I could only run 30 seconds at a time, so going 3 miles was impressive. But I don't think he'll do it again. He has been to the doctor a few times for his butt - had an ultrasound on Friday and is scheduled for an MRI this coming Thursday to see just how big it is. Will probably have to be surgically removed.

I still can't believe I ran a 3:33:57 and finished 3rd in my age group. I've never placed in a marathon before. If anyone needs me, I'll be over here smiling uncontrollably and resting on my laurels. Also, my laurels hurt.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen...that really is amazing!  I don't know how you run that fast consistently for 26.1!  You should rest on your laurels, even if they do hurt!  As for your 64 year old friend, she is amazing too!  Funny, I will be 64 in a couple of weeks and I was wishing it was 65 so I could go up the age group too!  Who does that?  Who wishes they were a year older except a child.  We runners are a different breed, LOL!  I was thinking of looking for a marathon, yes I said the word marathon, for after Oct. 31 next year, so I will be 65.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen impressive stil!

Tessa I'm not getting sick. My tonsils are a great cold forcaster for me. Always have been. I always know 1 to 2 days before I will have full cold symptoms. It could be dad, but honestly I think my body was just saying I'd run over 3 weeks without a rest day and that was a ton of miles. i have to go look how many.....

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My last non run day was 9/18. I've done 307.4 miles since then. yep, I needed a day not running.

Marjorie

LC Runs

3.3 after work miles - does anyone else who typically run in the morning find it so much harder in the afternoon?  I felt like I was struggling the entire time, though my pace was pretty good.  Weird.  I am meeting a friend in the am tomorrow, so hope it's better than today's outing lol

Damaris - sorry about the DNF but good decision, no point in being injured and missing out on other races.

Hi Tessa!  Glad DH is happier.  My scariest running moments always include dogs - glad this one wasn't dangerous

Karen - that is so awesome, so happy for you!  Good luck at your new job tomorrow!!

Hi Ginny!!

Marjorie - yes, a rest day for you is well deserved!

runlikeagirl18

Jumping in to say, congrats to Karen! That is so awesome!

Lisa - the house is actually in pretty good shape, since most of the action took place outside.

Tessa - yes, the boys were worn out. They ran their legs off. I get to do it all again next weekend for DS1's birthday. Not as many kids, though, and they're having a movie party.

Damaris - sorry about the DNF, but it sounds like you made the right decision.

Waves to everyone else - I have to go to bed!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2