Womens Running

Winter's (hopefully) Last Hurrah Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Erniegirl

RR - ST and teaching Learn to Run class. Not sure how the class is going to go. The community centre is usually great, but they really screwed this one up. When they asked me to teach the class and offered it to members, they said they would provide child care for participants' kids during the class. Lots of people signed up. Then, last week, they said "oops, we checked our insurance and aren't allowed to provide child care if parents are offsite, so you'll have to push your kids in strollers during the class" So then everyone dropped out except two, because obviously most people who want to learn how to run do not have jogging strollers or do not want to push a stroller while learning, or have many children. Also, it is -12C this morning and there is still snow on the ground.

TR - Was quite pleased with all the snow yesterday and wanted to play outside for an hour after dinner even though it was freezing out. I guess April snow is much more of a novelty when you're two! Informed me "Mommies are people, too". Lol, thanks for the confirmation, kid.

FR - Rainbow trout, roasted carrots, zucchini and tomatoes

NRR - Going to visit a friend and her 10-day old baby later today.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by a run, probably 5-6 miles. I had to dig out my running tights again. Sigh. I ran in a tank and shorts yesterday!

TR: no nap yesterday, but he fell asleep within 3 min at bedtime. Was eating a piece of homemade bread and said "Mmm, tastes good" after every bite.

NRR: realized last night that we're down to like 5 diapers so will head to Target later.

Ernie- that sucks about the community center backing out of child care! R wanted to eat lunch outside yesterday, and the snow was coming down sideways so I had to say no. Lol.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - mostly upper body TRX video.  I watched a bit of the video last night and I saw jump squats.  Obviously I will be skipping/modifying those.

ER#2 - gave DH the smackdown last night because he hasn't been running hills and doing ST and his Spartan race is coming up soon.  He gave me 10 minutes to do ST, not exactly enough time when I had to teach and correct his form.

KR - DH told B he needed to put some water in the potty before he pooped, and B replied, "poop is thirsty!"

FR - bulgogi, veggies, noodles.

QOTD - does anyone else feel subservient to their DH? last night DH wanted to schedule a work meeting at the same time I have a job interview tonight and my first thought was to cancel/reschedule the interview because since DH is the one who owns a company and brings in more money, his interests and schedule are therefore more important than mine.  I didn't cancel the interview, but I want to cry and am consumed by guilt thinking that DH had to reschedule something for ME.  Other things I do, I will not start eating until DH does, and I feel terrible if DH comes home and I don't have dinner ready right away and he's sitting at the table waiting for me to finish cooking.  DH tells me I'm crazy for doing these things, but it seems so wrong to stop...Weekend LRs are the only time when I tell DH when I'll be gone, although if he told me I had to be home by 6:30 am to take care of B, I'd start running at 3:30 to accomodate him.

~~~~~~~`

ernie - when I taught LtR I had the same problem with childcare, but only a couple people intended to use childcare (it was in the evening) and I think goodlife overlooked it, even though it was technically against the rules.  When I taught the class I was also barely pg and the weather was crap - but hot summer crap, not winter and I used the LtR as my 2nd run of the day as I was peaking for marathon training.

rg - I should send you the rest of my diapers.  I have about 10 left and B hasn't worn one in a few weeks.  He wanted to the other night but we told him we were out and he wore underwear and stayed dry.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - nada

NRR - working today Sad  Feel like I have a lot to do b/c we are headed on vacation this weekend, but it will get done, I guess.

FR - pasta.  I have been saying that all week, but it really will be pasta today.  I ended up making soup yesterday.

KR - They are taking leftover split pea soup in their lunches and they couldn't be more excited- strange kids.

I won't be back for more personals today, but I will try to read your posts!

ernie - My kids were so excited about the snow too.  They had to get the shovels out and they were fighting over who was going to brush the snow off of the van.  Too bad about the running course!  Maybe you could make it more of a running interval combined with strength training course and then the strollers would be an asset.  Enjoy the baby snuggles!

rg - Have fun at Target.  I have been meaning to go there to look for mat. clothes, but haven't made it yet.  Do you always make your own bread?  I have done it a few times and I love eating it, but not so much making it.  I don't have a bread maker though...

zorbs - I don't really think of it as subservient, but I often feel like my stuff is secondary.  I think if I thought of it longer and harder I'd realize that I take priority / make decisions on different things.  I do put DH's job ahead of mine, and I am fine with that.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10k tonight w RP, they ST'ing.

KR - need to decide what we're doing in the summer during her preschool time, I think the school may be putting on some summer camps, or we could put her into the dayhome full time.  Also the dayhome is closed for 2 weeks and I need to decide if I'm taking some of that off and then beg grand parents to cover the rest.

TR - was super grouchy last night so she was in bed pretty early.

KR/TR - need to spring clean their toys, the clutter in my house is causing me anxiety when I walk in the door.

FR - DH is in charge.

NRR - we should be ready to file our taxes this week, my friend who works for Canada Revenue is coming over Friday morning to proof them.  Bribing her with a bottle of wine Smile

Ernie - too bad on the babysitting in the learn to run class!  I'd probably sign up for a learn to run class if I got babysitting  (then take off, lol).  M is quite pleased with any weather that delays the coming summer and therefore bugs.

RG - Yup, tights and gloves are packed for me tonight... ugh.  Awesome that R fell asleep so quick at bedtime!  When M dropped her nap I started letting her watch an hour of TV in the afternoon instead, not sure if that's good parenting, but it gave me a break at least.

zorbs - I should check out some TRX video's, I do core on the TRX, but just stick to the few moves I know.  I don't feel subservient to DH, infact often the opposite, he always puts my running, and plans ahead of his, which also causes guilt from me.  I do feel though that it's my responsibility to cook and get a healthy dinner on the table, and feel bad if I fail at that - but I think I feel this more that we have kids now than when it was just DH and I.  Could your feelings be partially cultural - bc of how you were raised?  Is your mom like that?  My parents fit very traditional roles w/ my mom cooking, my dad fixing, etc but they both worked and had equal weight w/ jobs, and evening plans/schedules.

r-eh - I hope you have a good day at work!  I would have hated split pea soup as a kid, but I love it now.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3 outside + lifting upper body yesterday, rest day today. I haven't ran 3 days in a row for a while so my legs felt pretty leaden.

RR2- Coming to terms with the idea that I probably won't have another kid, so there's no excuse for me not to have a hot body. I am doing some soul searching for goals. The past 3 years, I've been coasting because I figured, what's the point in training hard and getting my body back in fighting shape when I will just have to start all over? This especially came to the forefront since my running clothes are all fitting weird/different since I started lifting, so I probably need to lose 5 lbs of fat to make up for the extra muscle I've got.

TR: Got into trouble for climbing in the rabbit hutch again yesterday. When I went in this room, he said "No going in rabbit cage, Naughty, Bad bad!"

FR: Last night was homemade chicken pie. I do a mix of pureed cauli and potatoes on top to make it less fattening. Tonight is tamale pie, salad, apple wedges, and jello jigglers for dessert.

NRR: Egg dyeing party for 6 kids at my house tonight, wish me luck! I am picking up RP's kids for her since she doesn't get home until 630-7 after track practice.

NRR2: Felt very grumpy this morning until I realized A) tax season is over- WOOT WOOT, B) No work Friday- WOOT WOOT!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- yikes on the community center fiasco. If I had to learn to run with a stroller to start, I would not be a runner now. It was my love for the freedom of running that kept me going through all the burdened stroller runs.

RG- I hate running low on diapers, I'm hoping R figures out how to hold it at night before I have to buy more. I think the last time I bought diapers was in October and I'm not keen on restocking. Lame on the cold snap!

Zorbs- re: QOTD, yes and no. I have stayed home from work to be with R when he was sick because DH had something going on and I didn't want to make him reschedule. We try to work our schedules around eachother, but I definitely end up juggling things around DH more than he does for me- I always check with him before I schedule something, but he rarely checks with me. I used to wait for DH to eat but I like to eat my food warm, so I eat as soon as its done now. DH doesn't like super hot food and usually waits until 10 minutes or so after me to dish up, then there is also the fire call issue- I would have missed many meals if I waited for him. I feel rushed if I'm working out and DH is at home with the kiddo, on Sunday I cut my run down to 3 miles because i was worried about getting home in time for DH to go to the gym before work, and then he ended up not going. I irrationally feel like parenting is more of my duty than DH's because of our work schedules. However, I will be giving DH a honey do list today including vacuuming and laundry. DH is very career oriented and would never expect me to reschedule an interview or something work related- he rescheduled his IFSAC incident command recert class back in Feb because R was sick and I didn't want to take the day off, but I felt guilty for asking him to do that, even though the IFSAC thing is for his volunteer work.

Eh- Split pea is definitely a favorite in our house all around.

CA- What is the canadian tax deadline?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I'm very happy that I'm not having another kid and don't have to do the post pgr comeback again!  It's a lot of work.  hope the egg dying party goes smoothly!  Tax deadline is the end of April but there is an extension this year to May 5th because the website was shutdown for almost a week w/ that internet virus.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I have a breadmaker and I still can't motivate myself to make bread.

CA - if I had the patience to watch more TRX videos I'd like to find something with new-to-me moves.   Today's video combined old moves in a new way, I enjoyed it.  My mom was a SAHM until I was 12 - so dad's work being #1 priority was implied.  Otherwise my mom is very strong willed and she'd probably yell that she doesn't believe in the traditional Asian role - or that she never gave 1 moment of thought to it, she just did whatever she wanted.

spike - your chicken pie sounds just like my frozen one out of the box.   If you're eating at a caloric deficit and lifting you should be losing fat eventually.  I knew I was through having kids, pretty much the moment I POAS with B.  Never, never again! Would not consider for one second to have more kids and would get an abortion in a heartbeat if I got pg.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

Kantkatchme

Rr- 5 at some point.  Just have to fill the tyres On the stroller.

Br- so sleepy today, I felt bad waking her up to leave this morning.

Nrr- slept funny and can barely move my neck/head and right shoulder.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

kant - tyres? how British of you. I think the only thing that fixes slept-on-it-wrong is a massage.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- for me the problem is I do want one more kid, but DH doesn't. I haven't been tracking my calories, been eating by feel. Scale says 134 on average and up to 137 after leg day, for reference I was around 129-130 back in Jan before I started lifting. Not sure how much is water weight, muscle gain, or fat gain :/  Once I get a goal nailed down, I will adjust my diet to match. I like running, but I want to get more muscular, and from what I read, most bodybuilding plans are very anti- steady-state cardio, and it says to do more HIIT training instead. I'm wondering if I could cut my shorter runs and do like 2 HIIT sessions a week, and then a 5ish mile run on the weekend, and then lift around 3 days a week. Going to the gym is harder for me to fit in than running though, so I might have to figure out how to do some ST at home.   I thought about it being Tuesday/Zorb's chicken pie night last night, however, mine took an hour of active cooking to make, so I'm pretty sure you win with your frozen one. Damn GF diet.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I looked the best about a year before I had B.  I wasn't running super long distances, and would XT with spin or hard intervals on the elliptical 3x/week, max 30 min cardio, 3x/week full body lifting.  Also eating small amounts of carbs.  Now my body and diet match the marathon training, I definitely don't look as good but I enjoy the running so having a crappier body is the trade off I'm willing to make.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- I still have yet to try any TRX exercises. The girl who owns the PT studio that I use has a set- I should mess around with them sometime. Haha- your DH will be sorry if he doesn't ST and do those hill runs before Spartan. When's the race? I don't feel subservient to DH, he's such a huge supporter of my running and he's encouraged me to fit in as much work as I can early mornings before he leaves for work. I do have a tendency feel guilty if I want to schedule anything fun for myself on the weekends- as I feel like that time should be free and open for us both to enjoy (hence why I haven't had a pedicure in a year!) I do my LR's on Saturday as early as I can, so that I can be available for R while DH does stuff around the house.

reh- sorry you have to work- is it a day shift at least? I know there's no way I could ever do an overnight, especially when pregnant! Hope it goes fast for you. Lol on the pea soup excitement. I don't make all of my bread- but I do like to bake a fresh loaf every couple of weeks.

CA- have a great run and ST session tonight. Are the summer camps full-day at the preschool, or would M still need supplemental care for the remainder of the day? Ha- I hope O got a good nights' rest and is happier today. CLutter drives me crazy too. How old was M when she stopped napping? I'm planning to keep an hour of "quiet time" in R's day- whether he naps, or just hangs out in his room reading books.

spike- nice job on the workout yesterday! Are you following a specific lifting or running program right now? Good luck with the goal-setting Smile Is the rabbit hutch at the daycare ladies' house? have fun with the egg party. I saw some cute egg decorating sets at Target today- they had all sorts of different designs, characters, etc. Yay for the end of tax season and no work on Friday!

Kant- have a great stroller run today! ugh, I hate waking up with a sore neck/shoulder from sleeping weirdly on it. hope it loosens up soon. R slept in today too- 8AM!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- my thinnest (though I thought I looked too skinny) was right before R was born- 124 lbs. I was running 30 mpw and ran a couple HMs and a bunch of shorter races that year. I'm looking at the stuff and I don't think I want a body builder body enough to do carb cycling and give up cardio. I have lost all semblance of mental endurance though, and I quit when things get hard with running- started after my second failure of an HM. So I don't feel like racing, not sure how else to set fitness goals though. I want to look more muscular and lose about 5 lbs. Sounds easy enough but its hard to nail down how to accomplish it since I'm used to training for races that have a schedule/deadline for a goal.