Womens Running

Shivering Monday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

runnergirl9508

Brrr, it's COLD!

RR: planning on 6-7 miles after my first PT client this morning. It's currently 13* out!

TR: he's starting to count on his fingers- he can go up to 5, then he claps. too cute! DH took him to Home Depot yesterday morning and said he was obsessed with the Christmas lights/lawn ornament display.

NRR: thanksgiving week! we're heading up to my IL's on Thursday morning, and will spend a couple of days there, then a couple of days with my family.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K. Hot tub after.

TR - was looking at this book about tails, and there's a peacock whose tail is represented with shiny blue foil circles.  He kept repeating, "blue balls! blue balls!" I almost died laughing.

FR - mapo tofu, brown rice, sauteed pea shoots.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - was kind of looking forward to my run in the snow this morning, but I slept through my alarm!  Sad

NRR - DH has made appts. for us to go see two new potential rental properties right after work today.  Not sure it's a great idea, but I guess we can look.

KR - The older kids is going skating with their class this morning.  I am going to meet them there with DD2 to help them tie skates.  It always entertaining watching the LOs learn to skate!

KR2 - DS and DD2 are fighting over who gets to turn the living room light on.  They are turning it on and off and screaming at each other.  So dumb!!

FR - I had meatloaf planned, but I may have to change it to something quick and easy.

rg - enjoy the crisp run!  I think it seems really cold for November!  Cute about R counting on his fingers.  Hope your Thanksgiving visits are fun.  Are you having the big meal at both places?

zorbs - Haha about DS and the peacock.  Sounds like a cute book though.  Are you running outside today?  Hot tub sounds great in this type of weather!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.  Massage after work.

TR - Was so tired last night that she asked to go to bed before our friends went home.

BR - has changed in weeks from being a baby to an almost toddler, she's into everything, and is climbing, and standing on everything.

FR - leftovers

NRR - We always have friends over on Sunday nights, it's our church small group, though we just socialize now because it's a bit nuts with kids.  Everyone comes to our house at 6:00 and we eat food, and the kids play, etc.  Last night they came over early to watch football.  The one couple, every week, are there until 8:30, their kids are melting down, our kids are melting down, I wish they'd leave just 15 minutes earlier... but there isn't really a nice way to say this, and they are our good friends, and we love spending time with them.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

armmama

Morning!

RR - I'm hoping to get in a few miles today but not sure if it'll be outside or on the TM.  I'm at my parent's house and my mom doesn't want me to go on the usual trail I run on because of hunters and I'm afraid paths along the road will be icy.

BR - played the movie cars twice on the drive to my parents yesterday to keep him entertained.  He is obsessed with cars right now!

KR - there's snow here so we're going to try sledding today!  They're excited.

FR - I'm planning on making butternut squash & black bean enchiladas but my mom & I are probably the only people who will eat them.  My dad can't live without meat.

NRR - looking forward to a couple relaxing days here!  I brought 2 books and DD1 and I are going to work on puzzle.  Wednesday I'll take the kids to DH's sister's house to meet DH and celebrate Thanksgiving with the ILs then Friday we'll come back to my parents house to celebrate Thanksgiving here.

rg - I hope it warms up a little for your run!  Safe travels for your thanksgiving week!

zorbs - haha, blue balls!  Hot tub sounds fabulous!

eh - bummer you missed your run.  Do you wear special shoes for running in snow?  Ugh, I hate those stupid fights!!!

Erniegirl

RR - 9k easy. It's kind of fun to be running through snow again, although I'm sad to have to put my shorts away!

TR - Keeps doing this thing at meals, where she eats everything on her plate except her vegetables and then smirks at me. But then if I feed her the veggies, she eats them. Silly toddler humour!

FR - Chicken, snow peas, swiss chard and yellow peppers stir fried over noodles with a peanut sauce

NRR - My friends rented a bouncy castle for their daughter's birthday party yesterday. Of course S wanted to go in, so I had to go in with her so she wouldn't get stampeded by the older kids. Omg, it was a horror show in there. Kids shrieking, bouncing and falling everywhere. S loved it. I got kicked in the shin and almost got my shirt pulled off.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Hopefully a quick TM run after dinner.  I have been in severe denial about some hip bursitis so I rested last week.  Seems to be feeling better so I want to stick to flat and Lynchburg is hardly flat.

TR:  So cute.  Didn't want to leave the house this morning because he was busy building legos.

NRR:  So I am one of those crazy black Friday shoppers.  Last night was an early VIP event at Sams club.  DH stood in line to get a new cellphone for $1.  By the time he got in they were out of iphones so I don't get one, boohoo.

beckykay

RG:  Yes, brrr indeed!  It was 15 here this morning.  I did not want to get out of bed.

Zorbs:  So jealous of your hot tub.

Eh:  Booo on sleeping through the alarm.  I love running in snow, so peaceful.

CA:  Wow, you know she was tired if she asked to go to bed when guests are over.

Arm:  I want to go sledding!  Sounds like so much fun.

Ernie:  ACK!  I hate bouncy houses.  We have one of those places at the mall that is full of them.  I make DH take C to it, I refuse to go in.

Ok, gotta head to the dentist office and sit all day to get this stupid hole fixed.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Brrr! Hope your run warmed you up.  Sounds like a fun thanksgiving week!

zorbs - lol on the blue balls!  Enjoy the hot tub!

r-eh - boooo on sleeping through your alarm, you must have been tired though.  How many rentals do you have?  We just have 1, and it's a good investment but a PITA to manage.  I'd only get more if I hired a management company.

arm - Enjoy the time at your parents, sounds fun and relaxing!  I'd have the same issue at my house with the meat.

ernie - I like the snow as long as it isn't crazy cold.  LOL on the bouncy house, Those things get crazy!

becky - Hope you get your run in and that your hip feels better, good luck at the dentist!  I am actually wishing it wasn't black friday when we're in the US this week, only bc we don't have a car or a lot of time, and I just want to do some relaxed cross border shopping that doesn't involve mobs of people.  Plus I'm supposed to be keeping my legs fresh for this race.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: What's this thing called running? Going on 10 days without running, and I don't feel like going since I've probably been eating <1000 calories a day. My stomach is still angry. DH is feeling all better but he didn't get as sick as me.

TR: Hoping today will be day #6 in a row no potty accidents (knocking on wood!!) Was good this weekend, other than the tantrum over the car shopping cart.

FR: ahahahaha no. Food does not sound good at all.  I had a chai latte for breakfast which I'm regretting. dinner last night was salt and pepper potato chips.

NRR: Called my dad to wish him a happy birthday (65 today- R took the phone and kept saying "happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" and wouldn't give it back). He asked me to consider driving down to do an hour of christmas with them. Tempting as it sounds to drive 4 hours roundtrip, I think not. I told him I would think about it, but DH will shit his nest if I give in and go after finally standing up for myself. I think my stepmom is flipping out- Christmas is her thing and the whole production is the Kathi show. She makes us open presents one at a time in turns so Christmas takes all effing day and its just torture for the kids, and she makes Christmas jammies for the kids and its a big deal for her to take a picture of all the kids together in their pjs. I have to drive right past dad's house on the way to my Aunt's on Saturday, so I might see if my mom minds if we stop by for a few minutes to say hi and let him down gently. I can only imagine my stepmom is making him miserable about it, but maybe she'll behave herself if my mom is with me and we're on a time limit.

NRR2- Came to work to find my keyboard tray laying on the ground under my desk. I think bossman's wife (my oncall) must have pushed it in too far on Friday and it fell off. I don't know how to get it back on because its this crazy springloaded contraption.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- have fun with the fam! Do they know about the bun in the oven?

zorbs- LMAO at blue balls! Did you try the maple bacon kettle chips? They got them at Safeway but I didn't buy them because I needed to stick with a known and benign quantity for my stomach issues.

CA- we have a friend that we rarely invite over because he never takes the hint to leave. We like change into our PJs and he still hangs around. Nice guy, but he is lacking a bit in social skills. I feel like i end up leaving really early and people take offense, or I always have an excuse when people ask me to do something (but I usually do like solo parenting duty, and someone calls me at 8 pm to come out with them right now).

armama- I haven't eaten meat in a few days, the thought makes me even more queasy right now. On the plus side all my pants are loose, which is good since I haven't been running.

Ernie- They had a bounce castle on the 4th of July at the fire station, but R wouldn't go in unless it was by himself. I went in with him and I knocked the air fan off and it started collapsing on us- I had to scramble out and reattach it and R was freaked out.

Becky- I would gladly pay more money to avoid crowds. There are a few things I like to do on Black Friday- but that's like going to Sears and buying appliances and tvs. The crowds aren't crazy there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2- 7 easy miles this morning. My passenger dictated an easier pace, and I listened. It's amazing how different each run is during pregnancy. On Saturday, I ran 11.5 at 7:38/mile pace, and felt like I could have kept going. Today's run was around 7:50 and I was more than happy to be done.

spike- my parents know about the baby, but no one else does yet. we'll tell DH's family on Thanksgiving Day, as everyone will be there for dinner. I hope you're fully on the mend soon! Ugh on the family drama w/ Christmas. Seriously people- it's supposed to be the happiest time of the year, not the most stressful! weird about your keyboard?!

CA- it was still the same temp when I finished my run- first 3 miles I was COLD!  when do you leave for Seattle? the pics you posted of O and M at the dayhome are adorable! enjoy your massage! ugh on the late-leavers. I'd just start putting my kids to bed, and dropping subtle hints, like "Oh, sorry for the tantrum, M is just REEEEEEALLY tired."

Becky- I definitely prefer the cold weather to the hot, but this is a bit too cold for me!!! I almost stopped for a coffee halfway through my run. I hope your hip is ok! Are you icing, foam rolling? Wink Awww, R was so into his toys today too. DH said he didn't even put on the tv so R could watch his normal morning show.

Ernie- jealous of your snow! it's so darn cold here, it better snow soon! lol on the veggies. Toddlers are so silly. OMG- my SIL puts up a bouncy house every year for her boy's bday parties and I refuse to go anywhere near it. I fear a broken ankle, lol.

arm- I haven't shown Cars to R yet, but I know he'd love that movie! he's just now getting to the point where he will sit and watch 30 minutes contiuous of tv- he still likes to run around and be crazy, I guess! hope you can get a run in today. Have a great visit with your parents! mmm, those enchiladas sound delicious! recipe?

reh- aw, do you have a chance to run later today? I didn't know you guys had rental properties- hope these two work out if they're supposed to! aw, how fun about the skating! we're spending all of Thanksgiving Day at the IL's, and will go to my parents for Sat/Sun. So fortunately we don't have to try to eat a big meal twice.

zorbs- ahhh, the hot tub would have been nice after this mornings frigid run! LOL on blue balls!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - booo to the unsettled stomach!  I hope you get back to feeling yourself soon.  I'm pretty introverted, and really value my hour in the evening watching TV with DH, so it drives me nuts that they cut into this!

RG - yeah our Wed night run last week was COLD too!!  We leave Wed night, and I'm taking Wed off work to pack and get organized.  Both kids were in bed by the time they left last night, I was putting M to bed last night, and she said to her DH, should I feed baby M (their baby) here or at home, and he says, here - both DH and I are thinking - "AT HOME!"... oh well, they are good friends, and nothing else really bugs us.  The other couple that comes over on Sundays is almost always gone a half hour before them.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B is obsessed with Christmas lights too.  We took him for a drive on Saturday night to where all the fancy houses with all the lights done up and he went nuts.

eh - I thought about TM just to save on laundry, but I really wanted to get cold outside and then jump into the hot tub.

CA - could you make some comments about O being really tired and start putting stuff away?

arm - have you tried screw shoes for running on snow?

ernie - I am so glad B is terrified of bouncy houses.  We went to the indoor playground, he refused to play with anything and I had a nervous breakdown, DH had to come rescue us both.

becky - my proudest shopping moment was on Boxing Day (dec 26) where I was in the first group to get let into lulu, and I found everything I was looking for and paid and back to the car in 6 minutes.

spike - I've tried 2 kinds of maple bacon chips and both didn't knock my socks off. I just saw these at the store yesterday and will try them soon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- +1000 to screw shoes. RP told me she made hers this weekend. I'm going to convert my Nikes this week. I bought #10 1/2" sheet metal screws.