Womens Running

(Over 40) Tuesday. Where is everyone? (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy, hope you are okay

Karen that is a great time for the race.

Lisa as it is frustrating when healing takes so long

Travel day.

Flight delayed but I got called last night so at least I didn't get to the airport too early. Instead of 7 am flight it moved to 9 am. Looks like crazy weather around still. Didn't run. I'm trying so hard to be careful and taking a lot of rest days versus jumping right into my normal. I know I will be back to my high miles soon. I keep saying running better than not. Rest means I can heal so I'm not out for months. A few extra rest days are not bad things. 

Marjorie

Rainy at 0500 this morning so I slept in.  Will run after work.  Ben was pacing and whimpering last night, so the extra hour of sleep was nice.  I don't know if the vet can do anything to make him more comfortable.  I hate the idea of having him put down.  Poor buddy.

Got the tree decorated last night.  Yay me!!  Just need to put out the door wreath and return the boxes to the attic.

Marjorie--hope travel is not too bad today.

Have a great day!  Karen--is the DC area snowed in?  HQ is closed today.

<Waving to everyone>

I'm here!  Taking it easy this week on the running.  Planning on going to PowerBlast class tomorrow.  Trying to decide if I want to continue going to the classes when my 6-month package expires at the end of the month.  Probably will, since ti do think it's good from a cross-training perspective, but I have some time to decide.

Judy, very sorry to read about your fall yesterday.  I hope all is well.

Marjorie, you'll be back out there after the hip is better, no question.  Discretion is the better part of valor for these things... take it easy now, long runs will be there later.

Okay, off to work!

MTA Hi CrazySue!  Cross posted.  Sorry about your buddy not doing well.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes and thoughts. The head seems to be doing the best at recovering. Yes, I'm ok. Sore in all sorts of places, but better each day. Behind hurts like crazy if I go up stairs with the right foot. Left foot does well going up stairs with leaning a little on the handrails. My friend takes me out shopping to cheer me up.

Yesterday I felt well enough to toss some lentils and veggies into the crock pot for soup. It tasted good on a cold evening. Smile

Question Of The Day: What exercises, yoga, weights, etc. can I do to keep flexible during my recovery? I can handle my hand weights workout I think.

I could try doing some walking at the mall.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Where is everyone? Well, I'm hanging out at home in PJs, trying to get work done with no access to the VPN and my files (IT guy apparently set it up wrong on my computer and I'm now waiting for him to send me files and information to reinstall it on my own. I'll probably get a run in this afternoon on the TM.

Marjorie, lots of travel delays around the country over the weekend, and I guess still going on. Good that they let you know yesterday so you weren't stuck at the airport for hours.

Susan, yes, DC is pretty much shut down. Federal government is closed (and since we're downtown, we just follow the government for closures, so I'm working from home), schools are closed. We've got maybe 1-2"....which is apparently enough to shut things down. They are still saying 3-5 inches. Awww, poor Ben.

Gatsby, smart to take it easy on running after that smoking PR on Sunday. Enjoy(?) PowerBlast.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

UNBELIEVABLE!!  The Christmas party is canceled.  Approx 25% of the people in this building work for a federal contractor.  Contractor has prohibited contract employees from participating in the Christmas lunch, door/office decorations, etc.  They can't come on their lunch hour, or time off!!  What a Scrooge!!!  Sounds like a poorly written tv movie.  It was decided to cancel the party instead of have it while the rest were unable to come.  AngryAngryAngry

And what am I going to do with all those cranberries now???

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I have been MIA, traveling to Chicago with hubby.  We ran in the snow on Sunday.  Unfortunately, one of our cats fell ill as soon as we left so she has been in the vet hospital since Sunday morning.  Her liver is damaged but we're hoping it is reversible and that she comes back soon.  So, to say it has been stressful, it has.  I only ran 14 miles last week and I NEED TO RUN TODAY!

In other news, I just made an appointment with a fibroid expert for a second opinion and surgery (since my doctor does not do that surgery).  Appointment at the end of December, woot!

So, run and XT tonight.

Marjorie, hope you made it back home.

Lisa, hope you continue healing and good vibes sent your way.  I prefer yoga and pilates.  They sure can keep you limber while burning some good calories.

Karen, congrats on the race!

Gatsby, enjoy the Power class!

Sue, we are prohibited from participating in things like that for free but if they were to arranged a payment per person, it might not be prohibited.  But I know how much that sucks.  We are not allowed to be comped for the Bankruptcy Bar Christmas party either.  Sigh.  Sorry your was canceled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, they were going to charge $2 each for the party.  The lab director has graciously opened her house that afternoon for the party.

Hope your kitty is going to be ok.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, they were going to charge $2 each for the party.  The lab director has graciously opened her house that afternoon for the party.

Hope your kitty is going to be ok.

I guess it depends on the agency.  We are allowed to attend functions with reduced government rate but not if it is free.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Just saying hi.  Did run 3 miles this morning and felt ok....according to my watch I hadn't had a run since Nov. 6.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

Haven't checked in in a couple of days, finishing up my work day at home.  Another day of snowy travel, fun stuff Smile

Sunday, 7 miles with running buddy.  Yesterday, 4 on the TM, today 4.5 TM miles.  Cold, windy and snowy weather, yuck.

Judy - So sorry to hear of your fall, glad your head is doing okay.

Marjorie - taking it easy is a smart idea, safe travels

Karen - I wish I could work more from home, my office is pretty good about us finishing our day at home and I like it.  Yesterday and today, I went to the office for an hour or so, met my partner for in home assessments, then got home about 3:00, so I'll just finish up my assessments on the lap top.  Will be in the office all day tomorrow, though....

Gatsby - this is a good time of year for less running, more cross training.  My schedule hasn't allowed for me to attend my weight/cardio class, but I have been doing more weight training at home.

Sue - that is terrible about the Xmas party.  Ours is this Thursday, though it will include a speaker so they can justify a get together during work hours.  At least there will be good food to eat lol

Damaris - sorry about your kitty.  Good luck with the second appointment.  Hope you get your run in today

Hi Ginny!  Nice run.  I am already sick of winter and ready for spring ha ha!

Speaking of Christmas, I mean, holiday parties, my office party is tomorrow at 4:00 in a conference room.  Good to know the firm isn't breaking the budget on fun stuff.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR