Womens Running

Trepidation Thursday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 16K, 5x2K @ MP with 1K recovery.  No one else wanted to do speed or get up at the buttcrack of dawn, so I'm by myself.

KR - didn't pee from dinnertime onward, and has this crazy habit of chugging a sippy of water right before bed.  My bladder hurts just thinking about it, but I guess as long as he stays dry all night, whatever floats his boat.

FR - crockpot beef veggie soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs: good luck with the MP workout today! I'm assuming you'll be running on the TM? R drinks a lot a before bed at night too- I'm wondering how long it will be before I can try putting him to bed with no diaper. Most morning he wakes up really wet.

RR: headed out once it's light for 6-7 miles. It's below freezing right now, but supposed to be in the 60's later! Early am PT client is out of town, but I have one at 8.

TR: found a small flower pot left from last year, grabbed a shovel, and ran to the garden to fill it up with dirt. Did that multiple times, and had a ball.

NRR: grocery shopping today, and cleaning the house before my parents arrive tomorrow. So excited to see them!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - 6k outside. It's already 4C, so it should be pretty nice out by the time I run in a couple hours. Got in 6k on the TM last night. I think I need to crack the window next time, as I got crazy hot, even though the TM is in the basement and it felt really cool down there when I started running.

TR - I was trying to teach her how to actually pedal her tricycle yesterday and we were making some progress, but she is just too darn social to concentrate. There were tons of kids outside and everytime one came by, she immediately got off her tricycle and chased after them. She is also possibly boy-crazy already, because when she sees boys, she gets really excited and starts waving and shouting "Hiiii boys!"

FR - Chicken stew last night turned out so good. S and I were gobbling it up, so DH is lucky there was any left for him  Tonight will be pork tenderloin with grilled potatoes, zucchini, peppers and tzatkiki sauce.

NRR - Need to go to the mall today and buy a birthday present for my niece. She is turning one and her party is on Saturday.

~~~~

zorbs - Good luck with the MP run! Outside? That would be a long TM run. S guzzles milk and water before bed, too, but pees like crazy all night, so I am pretty sure she'll be in nighttime diapers until she's 10 years old.

rg - Hope it warms up to above freezing during your run! Sounds like R had a blast in the garden. When I read that, I thought, "hey, I should give S a shovel and let her dig in our garden today" But then I remembered our ground is still frozen, boo!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - it's going to be a great day today, so a trail hike and some yard work probably.

NRR - DH and I had a lovely date night last night. We were both falling asleep in the restaurant booth at 9pm though.

FR - fish, rice, broccoli

KR - DS had a sleepover at Nana's house last night.  So this morning has been very peaceful - very early, but very peaceful.

zorbs - hope your run went well.  I am not as motivated as you are - you impress me with those early mornings!  Does B stay dry every night?  That is great.  DD2 still has a few wet nights every week.  My other kids were dry at night pretty quickly.  I am cringing at the thought of having to buy another pack of big diapers...

rg - hope your run was great too!  Do you guys have a veggie garden?  We have had one for years now, but it always fills up with weeds by the end of the summer b/c I don't stay on top of weeding.  This year the kids are going to take on some of the gardening, so we will see how that goes.  Yay for your parents coming!  How long will they be staying?

ernie - DH just built an office area in our basement, I was trying to talk  him into leaving space for a TM down there, but he wasn't convinced.  He said that if we ever get one we can put it in the garage.  I was just thinking that after the baby comes it would be nice to get in a few miles while the baby sleeps and DD2 is playing or watching TV or something.  I love your S reports, she is so funny!  You must laugh all day long!  Your FR sounds delish - as usual.  Maybe you should take up catering as a PT gig.  What are you going to buy for the one year old?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10k easy, maybe w/ DH... we'll see if he comes through.

KR - she was just going to bed when I got home yesterday.  My parent's bought two bikes at the salvation army for $2.50 each, hopefully one fits her!

TR - she was asleep when I got home.  I'm hoping that M's strider bike from last year fits her, I don't know how proficient she'll be but I know she'll want to try when she sees M biking

FR - we still have pot roast leftovers so that with some vegi... what's ever easy, maybe a salad as I think I actually had lettuce.

zorbs - hope the run went well - at least the long early morning run should go by fast w/ the intervals.

RG - hope you had a good run!  Fun on the garden pot, maybe I can convince M to help weed my garden this year.

ernie - it's supposed to get to 14 here today, I'm stoked!!  What's your chicken stew recipe?

r-eh - yay for a date night!!  Sounds like you have a great day planned, I'm jealous!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

not sure if I'll be back for more personals later, so I'll do what I can now..

ernie - B never, ever pedalled his tricycle. He got a bike with training wheels for his birthday and the seat even at the lowest height is too high for him to do the Fred Flintstone thing so that combined with me telling him that he'd go faster if he used the pedals is what convinced him.  I would have done the 10 miles on the TM if it was raining and/or cold.  B woke up with 5 pound diapers for ages and then stopped suddenly.

eh - B has been dry at night for quite awhile *knock wood* but from hearing everyone here talk, it sounds like at any time he could have a regression and pee like crazy. TM in the garage would be sooooooo cold in the winter.  We have our TM in the back room, DH closed the vents so it is ice cold to start in the winter and worse than going outside in the summer.

CA - yah when I wanted to bail on the intervals and just run easy, I thought that will take even longer and that kept me going. And also the thought that today was the last long-ass midweek run of the training cycle.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

RR- not sure yet, looking at 5 mi tempo.  Less than 1.5 weeks till marathon!!! Crazy!

BR- lots of babling, he now giggles if I giggle, pretty cute.  DH has taken him the past 2 nights, I have head cold/sick bug, just need some sleep. Finally starting to feel better.

FR- still hitting up the chicken soup...added some spinach salad.

Zorbs- Congrats on sticking it out with that dickhead. you win =) He messed with the wrong person.  MP miles, good luck,

Rg- yay for temps getting into the 60's later, its about time!!! so cute about your little guy filling up the flower pot! spring =)

Erni- lol on the boy crazy thing!  A little girl came up and kissed K yesterday. He had a funny look on his face of what just happened. The other girl was maybe 1. The two had been doing waving/arm flapping, and suddenly the girl dove in for the kiss.

Eh- enjoy the trail hike!

CAR- Have a good run, lets hope one of the bikes fits! I think we will go salvation army for a bike when the time rolls around too.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Lifted legs last night. I'm almost to the point where I can use real plates for squats! By the end of the month I should be squatting at least 95-100 lbs (I'm at 85 right now).

TR: Only one time out yesterday for something pretty mild, so the mean mom act worked! I told him he could watch a movie and eat a popsicle tonight if he had zero timeouts today.

FR: Last night was pork noodle stirfry, tonight... something with chicken, or even leftovers if I'm lazy.

NRR: Builder wants to show our house to some people tomorrow so I need to clean some more. Luckily DH is off work tomorrow and can do vacuuming/laundry.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R used to drink water from a straw cup IN bed. I have to pee before bed or I wake up at 4 feeling like I will burst.

RG- If R likes dirt, he should come to my house, there is dirt EVERYWHERE. The dirt mover guys should be done soon then we can work on sprinklers.

Ernie- R wants to ride his bike soooo bad but can't figure out pedaling.

Eh- I remember one year on our anniversary dinner date, DH was dozing off at the table. Smile

CA- sweet score on the bikes! My mom bought us thrift bikes like that when we were kids then let us spray paint them and decorate with stickers and streamers since she got them so cheap.

E_rainrun- hope you get over your cold quickly.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

CA - great find by your folks at the Salvation Army.  I find that a lot of thrift stores are getting expensive these days - maybe expensive isn't the right word, but it is hard to find really really good deals.

e-rain - feel better soon!  At least you are getting over it before the marathon!

spike - glad DS behaved so well, hopefully the trend continues!  Is your builder developing the whole neighbourhood, or did you buy the lot on your own and then hire him separately?  I think it is neat that he wants to show your house.  Great workouts!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- We bought our land and hired the builder after, however he is just finishing a house 2 doors down from us (friends that convinced us to buy in the neighborhood), and then will start on the lot next door. The only other house in the neighborhood he built is crazy big and beautiful. He's really sought after because he does really nice work and is very organized.  Before we built, we looked at a couple of his previous builds and we got a good sense of his style and it was a big motivator to work with him, we had a great experience and offered to be a show house for him. He tends to do some really high end finishes, and ours would be a better show house for more middle of the road customers.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

e_rain - wow, you're so close to the marathon!  exciting.  Nice of DH to let you sleep, hope you're back 100% soon.

spike - awesome job on the squats!  and YAY for R being better, I hope he earns his movie tonight.  My mom was talking about getting my dad to spray the one bike since it's a bit beat up.

r-eh - my parents live in a small town 45 mins from the city, their sally ann has awesome deals, in the city you'd never get a bike that cheap!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

e_rain - I hope you feel better in time for the marathon!

spike - great job on the squats! have you been working your deadlifts too? My bench press is pathetic compared to the other big exercises because I don't have a spotter and I'd like my sternum intact.

runnergirl9508

RR2- ran 6.5 miles as a progression run, last 1.5 miles was at 7:45 pace and it felt easy.

Ernie- lol on S saying hi boys! I get so hot anytime I TM run too- regardless of how cool the room is. R has the pedaling thing down about half of the time, the other half he just pushes with his feet along the ground. Have fun shopping!

reh- ha- 9pm is almost my bedtime, I'd be sleeping too. enjoy your hike and day outside. it's really nice here today too. We have a veggie garden, plus flower gardens along side the house. My parents will be staying just for the weekend.

CA- wow, nice deal on the bikes for the girls! hope your DH can join you for a run. Is he training for another race? R spent about 15 minutes picking up sticks in the front yard this morning- he loves to help me out!

E-rain- Boston is getting so close!!! Hope you're feeling better soon. Glad that your DH let you get some rest- you definitely can use it. Aw, sounds like KC is so sweet!

spike- nice progress with the weight lifting! and hooray for the mean mom act working. I have started taking things away from R if he's not behaving- like stories before nap/bed, or certain toys. it gets his attention! Ugh, I'd be less than thrilled with the builder wanting to show the house. But I guess it generates more business for him?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

Chicken and root vegetable stew recipe for CA and anyone else who's interested:

6-8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed

3 large carrots, peeled and chopped

1 large onion, diced

1 large potato, peeled and chopped

2 small turnips, peeled and chopped

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup white wine

Seasoning (I used garlic plus, thyme and pepper)

Toss chicken thighs in flour and brown in oil in big pot. Add diced onion for last couple minutes of browning. Add everything else, stir, bring to boil and then reduce heat to low and cook covered for 20 minutes. Increase heat a bit and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes or so. You'll know it's done when the chicken is fall-off-the-bone tender and the stew is thick.

eh - Have fun with the yard work! I would like to do some, too, but we still have piles of snow and ice in parts of our yard. I'm beginning to wonder if it's ever going to melt! We put the TM in the corner of our rec room and it really doesn't take up as much space as we were expecting. You might not have to put it in the garage after all! I bought a set of bath/pool toys and some clothes for the one-year-old.

CA - Amazing deal on the bikes! I have been in the mood for salad lately, too. Must be the warmer weather.

e-rain - Wow, your marathon is coming up fast! Sounds like the cold was well-timed and you'll be fully rested and recovered by race day.

spike - Good work on your squats! Yay for DH being around to help out with cleaning.

rg - Nice pace on your progression run!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15