Womens Running

Warming up Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

it's a tropical -14C here this morning!

ER - ST at the gym.

TR - hadn't let us bathe him without a fight for quite awhile..he was snuggly on my lap yesterday morning and I whispered "do you want to have a bath?" in his ear, and he eagerly replied, YES!

FR - fried noodles, teriyaki tofu, veggies.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - I have been slacking like crazy in the exercise department.  I am going to try to hit the gym today) for the first time in months.

NRR/KR - DH is taking the older two kids to a basketball game tonight.  They are planning on taking the train there and they are so excited!

FR - going to make some of those crockpot freezer meals that CA put on her blog (THANKS, CA!!)

Zorbs - sweet snuggly boy!  Glad he agreed to the bath, those fighting baths are no fun!  I love that -14 is balmy!

runninmer

Morning.

RR - 4 after work on a TM.  Haven't run since Saturday...I'm itching to get out there.

BR - Cute little man...still doesn't sleep well.

TR - Has Y class today.  I hope he has fun.  Was dropping the f-bomb yesterday.  Awesome.

NRR - Back to work after a 4 day weekend.  We will see how this goes.  I'm sure the kids are glad to be back.  The semester ends on the 23rd and time is flying.

FR - Meh...we had leftovers last night so I got stuck with PBJ for lunch.  I'm not a huge soup person, but something warm sounds really good right now.

Thats the bell....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - track night!  I haven't done speed work since before I got pgr with O.  I'm excited Smile  I think we're doing 6x800's.  ST'ing after.

TR - Santa brought her an electric toothbrush, just one of those cheap battery ones.  It has made tooth brushing so much easier, she gets a kick out of using it, and will let us brush her whole mouth easily, it's great.

BR - again had a fever - just 99 so not high, when we got home from the dayhome, but after supper was happy and normal.  I heard her in the night, almost went in but she settled.  Maybe it's teething?  Hopefully she wakes up feeling good.

FR - DH is in charge. I need to remember to defrost a meal for tomorrow.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

mrszackmorris

It's been awhile...

rr: 3-4m on the tm this morning. LOVING the new tm we got a couple months ago.

kr: dd1 is back to school today after a 4-day weekend bc of the cold; she was less than thrilled since dd2 is home since she is off every Wednesday. And dh just messaged me that she was crying and the teacher had to pull her off of him. Ugh.

kr2: asked me what the plan was for the day...

tr: his vocabulary is crazy. Using lots of full sentences now.

pgr: 29 weeks today. Got our new travel system in the mail yesterday since the one we have is expired and dh is weird about borrowing other people's stuff.

nrr: still pretty cold today so we will probably stay put. Cousin cards this weekend so I need to clean and meal plan.

fr: leftovers since the girls have ballet tonight.

--------

zorbs: yay to a flightless bath. I hate giving baths; my least favorite chore.

reh: fun to the train. dh and I keep talking about taking the train to Chicago with the kids.

mer: yikes to the f-bomb. Did you laugh or get mad? Hope the kids are more excited than mine.

car: I like the idea of electric toothbrushes for my kids!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - weird on the bath fighting, but good that he was happy to have one last night.

r-eh - it's funny how excited kids get for something that adults dread - like public transit.  Hope you like the meals!

mer - I hate sandwiches for lunch!  I always end up buying something if we don't have good leftovers.

mzm - hey!  29 weeks already, other people's pregnancies always go so fast! haha.  Aww poor DD, hope she has a good day in the end.

beckykay

Morning!  It came down to the last minutes but our client finally pled guilty rather than taking a jury trial today. Wooohoooo!  No sitting in court all day for me.

RR:  Sbux run tonight since I missed it this morning.  I think I am getting a sinus infection again.  My face hurts.

TR:  Ugh, I sure hope this kid starts sleeping soon.  I don't know how he stays awake.....

FR:  Spaghetti and salad.

moxieluvah

zorbs - heat wave! DS loves to get in the tub and play but when it is time to actually clean him is when he gets all stubborn.

eh - I keep thinking that the freezer crock pot meals are such a good idea but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

mer - enjoy the TM today. It was rough getting up early today after 4 days off but time to get back in the swing of things. did you ever pick a spring race? I know this is far away but I'm thinking I might want to do GB again in 2015.

CA - 800's are actually a track work out that I don't hate, enjoy!

mrszm - getting back in the routine is tough after a break, DS hasn't cried at drop off in a long time and yesterday threw a huge fit.

becky - yay for no court! sleep deprivation is the worst ever and one of the big reasons I am not having any more kids!

-----

RR - 4 on TM

NRR - back at school after 4 days off, the middle schoolers all look so tired, hopefully that will make for a quiet day!

KR - both kids have their well exam today, we are about 2 months late because I didn't call soon enough to make an appointment.

FR - need to throw out the rest of the holiday treats and get back to normal eating

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Becky - yay for not having to spend the day in court!!  Though a day in court sounds way more interesting than my day Smile  Oh no, I hope you aren't getting a sinus infection, boo!

moxie - I usually throw out all the treats at this time also, but I think we ate most of them this year :-/

RR - I just looked at our 800 paces on McMillan... Oy, 3:27-3:36 for 800!?!  I don't remember them being this fast!

Erniegirl

RR - 16k. It's a mere -27C with the windchill today, so that's exciting!

TR - Did amazing well at library program for the first half hour yesterday. Stayed on the carpet for all the songs and dances and even sat still and listened to two stories. Then for the last 15 minutes, she and my friend's son ran around the room quacking like ducks and laughing.

FR - Spicy salmon cakes, baby bok choy, roasted fingerling potatoes

NRR - Nothing exciting going on here today. Should probably meal plan and grocery shop unless we want to eat nothing but potatoes and carrots for the rest of the week.

bbl for personals.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - yeah I wish that B would understand that baths (and everything else) would suck a lot less if he just STOPPED FIGHTING US.

CA - I think my 800 repeat PR is 3:27, if I can do it, you definitely can.

mer - I am thankful that B hasn't dropped an f bomb in quite awhile, but I live in fear that he'll go on a swearing spree in public. Cold meals/snacks in cold weather is horrible.  I just ate a straight out of the fridge sbux protein box and wish that sbux had something healthy in the hot food selection.

mrszm - you hate giving baths more than changing poopy diapers?!

becky - when B doesn't sleep, G always accuses me of giving him chocolate..it's only true like 25% of the time.

moxie - as long as B gets in the tub I can get him clean.  Usually he fights getting his clothes off, getting in the bathroom, then getting in the tub and he complains if the water is too hot and you won't even touch the tap and 5 seconds later he complains it's too cold.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: no poopy diapers any more in this house as ds goes #2 on the potty but even still it would be a close call. Yup that's how much I dislike bath time.

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- it's tropicsl here too! Ha. Happy bath time is so much better!

Eh-  I love that kids get so excited about simple things. Like taking the train Smile

mer-  I hope your LO starts sleeping better!  i used to love short weeks at school!

Ca- have fun w your track work out.  Hope O is ok!  And cute on the toothbrush.  It's the little things Smile

mzm-  hope DD makes a good day.

becky- enjoy your sbux run!

Moxie-  that reminds me,  I need to make A's 1 yr appointment.

Ernie-  I love hearing about S's antics.  Sounds like she is settling a bit to sit through a few stories.

~~~

er- ntc workout.  I didn't get a run in yesterday.  I might drop A off at my mums so I can get one in.

Br-  is so cranky.  I don't know how but I have to get her to sleep.  She is going to be 1 tomorrow!! Time flies!!

Nrr- it's supposed to be 8*c on Saturday, wtf!!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - how do you make the spicy salmon cakes? does it involve pulverizing salmon in some way? You didn't use the entire pack of chinese sausages in one go, did you?  wow, I don't do 16K midweek until peak week in my plan.

kant - if I wasn't broke I would totally have gone to hot yoga today, walking into the steaming room in arctic weather is the most awesome thing ever.  My running friends and I are so excited for Saturday because it will be SKIRT WEATHER!

runninmer

zorbs - Glad B got a decent bath.  I hope you had a good ST session.

eh - When J and I went to Chicago this summer I contemplated the train...but didn't know how I would manage all of our luggage by myself.  Have fun at the gym, I am sure it will feel good!

CAR - Enjoy your speed work.  I never thought of an electric toothbrush for J.  Does M normally fight getting her teeth brushed?  I considered walking upstairs to see what they are serving the kids...usually its pretty gross.

mrszm - I laughed.  DH kept a straight face and told him that is a word only daddy uses and that he shouldn't.  I just can't wait for him to say it it at Y class.  What did you decide on for the travel system?

becky - Bummer about the sinus infection.  Yesterday H was awake for a super long stretch...DH couldn't believe that he was still awake.  Of course, I wasn't there to get him to sleep.

moxie - Yeah, getting up this morning sucked.  Especially since I only got about 4.5  hours of sleep in my bed.  I am thinking about GB this spring, but don't have anyone to run it with me.  I might end up taking DH and H since I will still be nursing (totally not fun in  my opinion).  I have another half that I would like to do, and am kind of training for but am waiting to register.  I was going to ask you about your thoughts for fall races.  We need to meet up!

ernie - Glad S did well at the library!  Enjoy your quiet day!

zorbs/mrszm - I love bath time, and so does J.  Give us something to do at night!

kant - Short week are nice, don't get me wrong.  Its hard for the kids though to stay focused and to get large projects done.  I hope my capris come on Friday so I can try them out Saturday.  I don't know that we will be as warm as you, but it will be a million times better than it has been!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46