Womens Running

Wonderful Weather Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DS and I have been making arrangements for the burial. Since DH was a veteran he qualifies for a free bronze marker. DS and I got one that matches (I received a discount as a spouse of the veteran) for me as well so the whole thing is predone. I feel good about that.

Yesterday DS went to the gym (a new one just opened here) and I did 65 minutes running out in the park and out the trail. It felt great. Fortunately I grabbed my rain jacket before I left. It rained just a little so I had the jacket to keep me from being soaked. We are getting back to some semblance of normal now.

We are off to exercise this morning.

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and support.   :::HUGS:::

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out early this morning for 5.7 miles. The humidity wasn't too bad, and I actually felt halfway decent. As NC summers go, this one hasn't been too bad.

Judy - I'm so glad you have your DS there to help with the arrangements. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

Carol - my marathon training officially starts this coming Monday. Gah! But I'm actually not too panicked about the first couple of weeks, since the runs are about what I've been doing anyway.

Karen - happy birthday! What did you buy yourself? Wink

Waves to everyone coming later-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

SugarLand

Judy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Enjoy your runs

Vicki

camille2

Judy, I'm glad you're getting back to some semblance of normal and I'm esp glad that your son is with you.

Karen, I'm so sorry you're having migraines that often. Misery. You've had a lot going on. I hope you get relief soon and stop feeling like crap.  Happy birthday!

Carol, wow, what a busy couple days!  The kayaking sounds beautiful.

Ginny, those babies sound cute!  I'll bet your grandson loved the break.

Cindy, is your hubby home yet?  I'll bet it's been quiet.  It's great that you've had a nice summer and I sure hope it last for your training.

Demaris, it's so aggravating to have a break-in. At least nothing valuable was lost. Did they break locks? Having the locks replaced on my RV after a break-in  a few years ago cost me more than the items they took.

Any news from Susan on her hike?

Tessa, did they get the wellness site up? Hope so.

We don't have snakes here, but we do in GA. Not being used to them and having natural forest for a yard, I've been surprised by a couple there. Not pleasantly. Now when I go to cut off the water, I wear hiking boots and sweep the ground ahead of me with the cutoff tool and poke around the water meter hole. I'm sure my neighbors laugh. I guess it's being more comfortable with the dangers you know. You're probably right about snakes moving away when you're running.   After thinking about it, I guess we don't hear much about runners with snake bites, yet bear maulings do make the news. A runner was mauled on Mon on a quiet trail nearby, second runner this summer.

I didn't make the hike yesterday. They left at 10.   I had a problem (a saga) with insurance on my cars I had to sort out and it took too long. I ran, but it wasn't pretty.  I walked with friends last night and am going to try the run again today.

If you're interested, here's a link to pics from the Mt Marathon race.  There wasn't much snow on the scree fields this year, so no pics of them sliding. http://www.adn.com/slideshow/photos-2014-mount-marathon-races-seward-ak

ginnyb

Got out early this morning and ran 4 miles.  Felt great, it was a beautiful morning.  I don't want it to be Wednesday already, my vacation days are dwindling fast, must remember to enjoy each minute!

Judy...glad everything is going smoothly and great that you and DS are getting in your exercise!

Karen....Happy Birthday and I Hope you are feeling better.

GD's last baseball game for the summer is tonite, so that's where I will!  Love watching them play.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!!

Sorry I've been MIA, just busy with work and life   I so enjoyed the 4th of July holiday and it's been hard getting back into the swing of things ha ha.

Running's been good....6 miles Saturday (3 solo at tempo pace 3 with a work friend at a slower pace -run/walk- was nice to talk and enjoy each other's company).  Sunday - 8 miles.  Monday and Tuesday 3.1 miles and today 3.7 miles.   Trying to keep up the streak...7 days straight so far

Judy - (((hugs))) thinking of you

Cindy - great 5.7!!

Hi Sugarland!

Camille - I'm scared of snakes, I run screaming like a banshee lol!

Ginny - glad you are enjoying your vacation, they go soooo fast! Mine's in a couple of weeks, can't wait!

annieSusan

Judy, my sympathy on the passing of your husband. I am thinking of you and your son, and I am glad that you are able to be together at this time. Hugs from me.

I am catching up after being too busy to keep up for a couple of days. I had a nice 7 mile run yesterday, with a decent temperature and low humidity. Today was an outdoor pool swim. I am trying to increase my distance gradually. The air temperature was a bit chilly, so there was practically no one else swimming laps. The water temperature was perfect, the sun was out; fabulous! (I did shower and dress very quickly once I got out of the water, though!)

Good runs, all!

annieSusan

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, happy birthday! Nut allergies are something I usually think about, especially peanuts. Gluten free folks are on their own. Gluten free vegans like one family I know are even worse to try to make something for.

Judy, good to see you and glad you are exercising.

Camille, I didn't think Alaska would have many snakes -- wouldn't they freeze in the winter?

AnnieSusan, swimming's OK as long as the water is not too cold. But I agree, cold air can be an incentive to dress very fast!

Cindy, you are considerate to mow the lawn for DH.

Hi Vicki! Laura, welcome back.

Ginny, aww on the babies. Good for you for giving your GS a break. I don't think older kids should be required to provide child care for their younger sibs on a regular basis.

4 this morning with RN, 6.84 on the TM at lunch. Sigh. I know we can't have all the games be like yesterday, but it would have been nice to have a few cries of "Gooooooooooooooooooooooool!!

Karen- ☆HAPPY BIRTHDAY☆

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy birthday Karen

no run. Hotel was not in the best area. No sidewalk and no open neighborhood close (the closest were too far and gated). TM substandard. Didn't want to get killed in the overcrowded parking lot less than a tenth and not in a circle.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Super busy days at work.

Just wanted to give extra hugs to Judy and wish Karen a belated happy birthday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page