Womens Running

Tear It Up Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

runlikeagirl18

Post!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

No run today; it's an SDO. I jumped on the rebounder for 20 minutes. Yesterday I got in 5 miles on the treadmill at the Y - DH was still out of town with the older 2 boys, so I couldn't leave DS3. Man, I hate the treadmill.

Judy - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad DS is able to be there with you. My prayers are with you both.

Off to mow the lawn; BBL for personals.

Cindy

camille2

Judy, I'm so sorry about your loss and am glad your son can be with you.

cindy, good for you for doing the miles on the treadmill.

Theres a good hike in hoping to do today if I can get business taken care of early.  if I can't finish in time, I'll

run.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took an RD yesterday (19 on Sunday) then went out to dinner with hubby only to find his car broken into when we came back.  Nothing stolen except two cheap jackets, even with other stuff in the car.  Weird.  Apparently, there was a gang of kids doing that around the neighborhood last night.  Anyway, his car so he is taking care of it, yay.  7 miles with MP to HMP progression tonight.

Judy, sorry to hear about your loss.  Hugs.

Cindy, nice workouts.

Camille, enjoy the hike.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, at least you got the run in. And I'm sure DS3 had a good time playing at the gym. Does he miss his brothers or is he enjoying being the biggest kid at home for once?

Damaris, ugh on the break in. BTW, thefts of personal property from a vehicle should be filed with the homeowners insurer, not the auto insurer -- you probably know this already but I'm teaching personal lines this summer so sharing the information. Nice run!

Camille, hope you get the chance to go for a hike.

Hi to everyone coming in later.

4 this morning with running neighbour. I am really slow when I am immediately post donation! had to walk up a hill. I will go to the gym at lunch too.

Now on a conference call about the new wellness program. It went live yesterday with a new vendor. New vendor's site promptly crashed. Still down. I hope the wellness nutrition program includes egg -- because it's all over their faces right now.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 for me today.

Cindy  I just couldn't do TM any more. I'd get too bored.

D what a weird thing to take!

Tessa boo to the new program. You could always throw the eggs at them....

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Lawn mowed. It's been so dry, I probably didn't need to bother, but DH was stressed about it not being done, so he'll be happy.

Tessa - DS3 actually missed his brothers! He kept saying that it seemed weird without them here. Although I think he did also enjoy having my undivided attention.

Damaris - bummer on the car being broken into.

Camille - hope you get the hike in!

Marjorie - I can only handle the treadmill occasionally, and not for very far. I could never do the long runs some of these ladies do!

Cindy

Judy-My condolences go out to you and your son.  I do hope that you find peace in knowing that your husband is out of pain and unease, and that he knows you did all that you could for him to be comfortable.  Do enjoy your time with family and remember better days.  They are ahead of you also.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Doctor appointment this morning, followed by a two hour meeting, followed by another two hour meeting. Two more hours and it's time to go home for the day, where I will run 9 miles, hopefully in less than two hours! Although it's currently 99, feels like 108, so it may take me a long time. I may actually blow off the run. I've been so exhausted all the time lately, and getting migraines almost constantly, which is why I went to the doctor today. Who strongly suggested I not get on a plane later this week if this latest migraine doesn't go away. Actually she suggested I not get on a plane at all, as the change in air pressure will sometimes trigger them, and I've had so many recently we need to try to figure out what's going on. Playing it by ear right now, but tired of feeling like crap all the time.

Thanks for the dessert ideas yesterday.  And Tessa, thanks for the recipe, and for mentioning allergies. I totally forgot that our Communications VP has a nut allergy! I think I'll just do brownies and/or cookies, and I may buy them already made.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Judy - So sorry for your loss....Hugs, thoughts, and prayers being sent for you and your DS.

Camille - Hope you get your work done so that you can hike.

Cindy - Nice of you to mow lawn if DH was stressing about it.  Did your Marathon training start yet?

Damarias - Weird on the break in of DH's car.

Tessa - Gotta love computer issues!  Now that we are EMR, I fear what would happen if we had a crash.

Karen - Just a thought, did the doc order any labs because of the fatigue and headaches?  I always think of thyroid...or hormonal issues???

Ended up with a crazy work out day yesterday.....Ran 4 in the morning, then went to my stability ball class, then rode 20 miles with Tri/run buddies...whew.  Sunday we kayaked 11 miles....was beautiful, saw a fawn, turkeys, and 2 bald eagles that kept flying in front of us.  Today is RD - but may go do some laps at the pool.

Carol

ginnyb

Judy....my deepest sympathy to you and your son.  I am glad that he is there with you.  Take care of yourself.

Karen....sorry about the migraines and the exhaustion.  Hope you can figure what is triggering so many migraines.

Good runs for all of you.  I will run tomorrow morning.  I am so enjoying my days off.  Did absolutely nothing today except watch my son's 6 children this morning for about 4 hours.  No, make that 5 , the oldest is 16 and was sleeping, he deserved a morning off.  My DIL has gone back to school and goes every morning 9-1 and Brandon ( my GS) has been watching the younger ones, but since I am off this week, we gave him a break today.  They were so good, those twins are just the happiest babies I have ever seen, they just crawl around, clap their little hands and make funny noises at each other, stick out their tongues and blow bubbles......so darn cute.

Carol...you did enough exercise to last you a week!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Karen-stop eating Chipotle.  Could be the sodium too.

Lisa