Womens Running

Wholly Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It is going to be Wednesday all day today. Smile

Post!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, I am so sorry about your DH! Good for you having the keys to the vehicles. I'm so glad DS was ok and that DH will get himself to a PHP for treatment.

Tuesday was an hour run then cardio for about a half hour after I got home.

Today will be track run, then cardio DVD.  I’m going to a meeting tonight so I need to fit my workout in early. The meeting is a community meeting about the health of the nearby river. I feel like the river is an old friend. Smile  Sounds interesting.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Have you increased your amount of workouts?  Trace and then cardio DVD?  wow....

LCruns - I saw that one (4 miler)...beer stein AND beer....awesome!  I was bummed about the 8k...almost didn't do it this year, but have a couple of people wanting to do it so decided to just go do it for fun.

LisaMMR - Ugh on the roads last night for you....haven't ventured out yet so who knows what is in store today.   I don't think we got as much as predicted tho here.

The only w/o I got last night was my fingers on the keyboard doing EMR he#$ for 2 hours last night....Disapprove  frustrating/busy/crazy work day....oh well....we all have 'em, and as the old saying goes "at least I have a job"....Roll eyes

Still having hip pain...ugh...will do my basement-gym workout tonight with alot of stretching and see if that helps.

Carol

LC Runs

Yeah for Wednesday Smile

Judy - have a good workout and hope the meeting goes well!

Carol - I'm sure St. Patty's will be a blast, they put on a nice race!  Hope the hip feels better soon!

Well, I managed 2.5 TM miles this morning, kept is slow and with no incline.  Finished with some weight/abs and stretching.  Thank goodness the knee flexibility is just about back to normal, still a bit painful so I am being careful.  Icing right now and have it wrapped.  I just couldn't stand not running anymore, even my body was like, "what is going on?"  I was up and ready at 5 am lol.

ginnyb

Well, tooth is not quite as bad today, going to the oral surgeon tomorrow for consult, still think we should get a third set of teeth since we live so long now.

I was going to try and run outside this morning, but when I tested the pavement it was covered with a film of ice, so figured it was not a good idea, so ended up on theTM for 4 miles.  I thought maybe the running motion might make my tooth pound worse, but it didnt.  If I want to run a half this Spring, I need to start getting some longer miles in, not sure if it is going to work this year, but still planning on doing Hatfield/McCoy.

Carol...my first 10K ever was a St Patty's run in Kansas City, think it was 1978.

Morning LC and Judy.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

SRD and WFH for me as dd has SD (couldn't help adding another acronym). snow day. Just need to have a no VPN or internet access day.

Gatsby-details are NOT my forte, especially those involving numbers. My nephews wedding is on Sat, June 8 (same day as Hatfield & McCoy marathon), I arrive the Sunday prior to that, June 2, in San Fran airport. Will work at MV office Mon thru half of Wed with my NY coworker.  Then drive her to airport on Wed and head up to Sonoma for wedding stuff. Fly out of SF on Mon, June 10.  If I keep repeating it I may remember and get it right. LOL My NY coworker is also a runner (although road but I've converted others to trail) so she would be interested in a run too.  We'll have a rental so will be flexible if time confused.

Judy-have a good day!

Carol-hope the hip pain goes away.

LC-glad you got that out of your system now heal.

Ginny-I can assure you that I had no sense of what a 10k was in 1978. other than that it sounded like part of that metric thing.

Lisa

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!  I managed to get in 1.75 yesterday.  I guess I have to listen when my chiro starts negotiating me down from my planned 3.  I saw him yesterday morning and he pinpointed the spot where my Glute and hamstring connect as the offending area for my hip pain. So after he yarned on me for close to an hour, he didn't want to me run a 5K!

He did teach me a cool stretch for the area.  It is a standing "figure 4" with a squat.   I really like it and it feels good.  He wants me to do it 3 times a day.

G'morning Judy!  The meeting about the river does sound really interesting.  We have the Susquehanna running through our town.  It is a precious resource to us.

Carol - Your the second person this week to say something about EMR stuff.  Makes me grateful that we don't do treatment.  Prevention has much less paperwork Smile

Damaris - Don't you LOVE going to chiro??  Man, I wish I could see mine every week.   Glad the migraine resolved.

LC - it is perfectly okay to whine about having new clothes that you can't wear yet.   I hope the knee heals quickly.

Marjorie - Have a great trip to Orlando!

Tessa - wow... what a story about DH and DS. I'm gad they're okay.  And, I do hope hubby knows that he engaged in poor decision making and doesn't figure out a way to make it someone's or something else's fault.   I absolutely know when I don't take care of my hypoglycemia, I put me and the people around me in danger.  The lowest sugar I've ever recorded was 42.   So, I can't imagine how it would feel to go lower.

Ginny - I hope the dentist gets you fixed up really soon.

Lisa - yup.  I got the picture.  You go quickly from a glisten, straight through a shimmer, right into showers of blessings!!  Smile  Nice 8.  I love that philosophy of not ditching a run.  I absolutely hate the 2nd mile on most days.  But, if I can't through it, the rest of the run can feel amazingly good.

Gatsby - nice 4

Be well all - it's a strength day today.  But, if the hip allows, I may grab 2 on the TM.

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

ajdx5

Good morning Ladies! Tight lipped
                  I got in a somewhat sleepy 4.1 miles this am. I'm letting go of the marathon idea for now, I think - I'm just tired & not entirely sure my PF is in remission. I will get some fleeting discomfort in my heels & in my right achilles area as well - so I think I need to cross train, strengthen my hips & keep my runs in the 30 min to just over an hour range.

I need to go see what's going on over here - I'm embarrassed that I have been so neglectful.

Julie - I have been having pain there myself - my sports Chiro does graston on me & I'm so bruised.  I hate graston - love that it seems to work out the knots, but I don't love looking abused.

I'm back!  Went to Texas last week to visit the folks and friends and run the Cowtown Half Marathon in Fort Worth!  My high school friends have made this an annual event.  I was pleasantly surprised--expo was pretty good.  They did health screenings---said my "body age" was 27!  Hahaha!  The race was great--beautiful weather, lots of crowd support, water and powerade every 1.5 miles.  The coolest part is running through the stockyards.  Overall time was 9 minutes faster than 2 years ago, 2:01:36.  I was excited.  Decided not to run with my friends, and I was glad--they were 10-15 minutes behind me.  I need to run my own race.  Post race food---they give you so much they start out with a grocery bag!  Apple, banana, orange, bagel, yogurt, choc milk, sports drinks, water, beer, chicken soup, ice cream, pretzels, crackers,  3 kinds of granola bars.  I was stocked.  And a cool finisher's shirt.  My only gripe is I ordered size large shirts and this year they are huge!!

Drove all over Texas visiting relatives for five days.  So happy to be home.  Huge piles of work to catch up on.

OMG Tessa!! I am so glad DS and DH are ok.  Scary!!  I hope this is a wake up call for DH!

Glad I got up and went to group power class this morning.  It was packed and lots of fun.  The instructor said they were going to send out an APB.  I missed the past two weeks and I rarely miss class.

Gotta get busy!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got out for 8.4 miles this morning - 2 mile WU, then 2 x 2 miles at 8:35/mile with mile recovery in between and 1.4 cooldown. I managed to hit the pace but was a bit disappointed in the effort it took to do it - I was sucking wind so hard by the end of the last interval that I had to stop and walk before my cooldown. My target pace for the 10-miler I'm running is 8:38; not sure I'll be able to sustain that for 10 miles.

As you guys know from Karen's post, she and I met up for dinner on Sunday. It was great fun to see her and catch up.

Karen - the toenail story is too funny. DS1 is currently losing one of his fingernails from dropping a hammer on it, and I had to explain to him that it's not such a big deal - I've lost several toenails. I don't think that improved his outlook on running.

Tessa - wow, I'm so sorry about the situation with your DH. My ex-husband was a diabetic who didn't do a great job of controlling his blood sugar. And he was a DOCTOR, for Pete's sake. He refused to tell his coworkers that he was diabetic, had a low blood sugar incident while on call one night, and everyone thought he was on drugs. Not a smart move.

Judy - I hope the meeting is interesting.

Carol - sorry about the hip pain. I have been very delinquent in my stretching lately.

Laura - go easy on that knee!

Ginny - I completely agree with you that we should get a third set of teeth! Mine are terrible. I really hope you run Hatfield McCoy - I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Lisa - snow days can really throw a wrench in things.

Julie - we do the stretch you described at the end of cycle class. And I'm with you - I wish I could see my chiro every week! To answer a question you asked several days ago - we will be in NY again in August, probably around the 15th or so. Keep your eyes open for a nearby race!

AmyDel - I have a love/hate relationship with both Graston and ART - it hurts like @#$%^ when my chiro does it but feels so much better after.

Back to proofreading and hoping my crazy client calls me with some information I need. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Boring day at work getting things ready for a training class we're putting on in Denver next week. Well, it would be boring if that were all I was doing, but while copies are being made, etc., I've been working on a spreadsheet to complete a marathon in all 50 states by the time I turn 50 (July 2017). At some point yesterday I decided that that was my new goal. I have 12 states so far, will have 15 by June and if all goes according to my new plan, 19-20 by the end of the year. Trying to hit all the NE states before moving down to TX, so a lot of tiny states planned for this year and next spring! Trying to balance decent training and a couple goal races with travel and running others basically as training runs - this could be a challenge for me.

All that Midwestern snow was a lot of rain for us, but the sun is out now, so I will try to run a few miles after work. Thought about the TM yesterday, but was still pretty tired from the weekend and opted for another nap instead. I'm anxious to get back into my training plan, but don't want to overdo it and injure myself.

Judy, nice workouts.

Ginny, glad the pain is a little bit better. Hope the oral surgeon fixes you up quickly and painlessly.

Laura, glad you seem to be on the mend. Take it slowly now!

Carol, sorry about the EMR hell. Hope the stretching helps the hip.

Lisa, hey, are you guys pretty solid on DWD Devil's Lake? I've got it tentatively penciled in for WI this summer. I think I can use some leftover AirTran credit from not going to the Bahamas to get there.

Julie, if the stretch is the one I'm picturing, I love that one. Do it after almost every run. Yay for the chiro - I used to be afraid of them, but now I think that as long as you have a good one, they are almost magically good.

Damaris, glad your chiro helped as well. I should ask mine about migraine relief...

Amy, good to see you here. You make me laugh a lot with your posts on fb, so we miss you here!

Okay, back to work. Going to "work through lunch" and get out of here a little early to run in daylight.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

crazysue, great race for you! And it sounds like a good one, will have to keep it in mind once we move.

Cindy, nice workout. It was much fun catching up with you.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

mommymac

Julie - Can you describe your glute stretch?

Carolyn

ajdx5

Oh Tessa!!   THat whole 'adventure' with DH & DS made me cry - holy cats!    I'm so so sorry - BUT...thank God that they're alright & no one else was impacted.   (my apologies to the fence & sign...)  I haven't even begun to think of Evie driving yet - whole 'nother ball of wax.  I've read that T1D's have to check before driving tho'...  thank God again!!  When E went dow to 35 (on Christmas night), I was petrified - that's hella low blood sugar.  Has he made an appt with his Dr?

Sue - did you go down to Austin?  We lived there for a time - MrDel grew up there - what a great town!

Cindy - what a great weekday run! I'm happy with half that distance.

Karen - Big grin

hopefully back later...

Karen--yes!  I like Cowtown!  Great race!  they have a 5k/10k on Saturday, Sunday is HM, Mary, and Ultra.......

Amy--didn't go to Austin, but seems like I drove all over the state!