Womens Running

TYPICAL TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

OJewel

Hello! I'm back!

OJewel

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice this marathon cycle, ladies Smile

Back to work today, boo.

Race Report- Smuttynose Rockfest Marathon.  I felt pretty good going into this race. Legs were rested, I got a good nights sleep the night before. At the start, it was breezy and overcast but no rain yet. It was very clear the majority of people were running the half. We started off, I saw DBF shortly and gave him my sweatshirt I had worn to wait for the start. The first 11 miles were with the half marathoners. So there we plenty of people around and plenty of conversation. There were a few pockets of spectators too which was nice. We broke off from them at mile 12 and at this point I still feel good. I was on pace to finish between 4:04-4:10 depending, which would have been great. At mile 12 I got to see DBF again which was a nice pick me up now that it was just a thin string of marathoners. I could always see people, but I was often running alone in the second half, which proved sort of tough for me. I still felt ptty good through mile 16, where I stopped to pee and stretch out my legs. I had a tough time getting started again, at which point I started to feel that my PR was not going to happen. It had finally started to rain at about mile 13 and combined with the ocean wind I felt cold. Miles 16-19 were slower than goal pace but I was still going. Mile 19 my hip started to hurt, and I was getting colder as we got closer and closer to the ocean. Mile 21 and 22 I took a few walk breaks. I ran the rest of the way, though, just much more slowly than I had anticipated. I finished in 4:21 and change garmin time, not sure about official time yet as its still not up, weird. As soon as I finished I felt like I couldn't breathe, which was scary. Not sure what it was but it did pass and I got my water and blanket and found DBF. I wanted beer, lol. I changed into a sweatshirt he brought me and tried to go to the beer tent with him. They wouldn't let him in because he wasn't a participant even though he wouldn't have been taking a beer or anything. They said I could get my beer and stand near the barrier and he could stand on the other side. Ummm ok. It was freezing anyway and we went back to the room to shower and go to lunch.

In short, I'm a little disappointed I didn't PR but looking back with my stressful work schedule and traveling its hardly a wonder I didn't, especially when I consider my hip issue. I was kind of disappointed and bummed yesterday but i am just happy I was able to run and finish and have a nice weekend away with my DBF. That's the thing about the marathon, and any long race I suppose, you can't pr every time. Anyway, I am still recovering,but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things later this week. I even have a couple races on the schedule, a fun run 10k in 2 weeks and a 15k in December, and Ill be targeting a couple half marathons this winter and early spring in an effort to pr at one of them.

Whew that was long!

NRR- work. Boo. Need to make huge strides on my presentation for the end of October this week. Productivity, come to me!

Ill check back in when I get to work.

taylorma1

Jewel-that seriously could have been my Race Report for my marathon. You are right; we can't PR at every race, but the thing to remember is we gave it our all and that's what matters

RR: 6.1 easy miles this morning. Still slow and recovering from the marathon

NRR: just plugging along at work and school. 2 huge exams next week so I am studying a lot for them

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: 1 mile and weights this morning. did about 2 miles last night with M. Nice walk in wonderful weather.

NRR: normal work day. have a meeting at 7.30 then a site verification visit at 10.

OJ; That is an awesome time and you did finish! you rock girl! you'll get your PR with the next race!!

taylor: make sure you're recovering good! no overdoing it! good luck as you begin to study for those exams.

I'll try and be back later. better get some work done before I have to take off for the meeting.

MA runner girl

Morning!

jewel - I'm proud of you! You did great considering the weather, your hip, stress level, thin crowd, Etc. I think it's hard with the marathon because it's such a long race, and takes so much out of you and requires so much recovery time that it's tough to not get the results you want. I'm glad that you have some good perspective on it though! Focusing on a half pr in the spring sounds like a great idea. Let me know what races you are thinking of! I haven't decided what Im running yet...

taylor - hope your recovery is going well. Good luck studying for those exams.

rr: um nada, see nrr.

nrr: we are sick! I started feelong sick on Saturday. An. It's only gotten worse since. Now my head feels like it's going to explode, and worse, cole got it yesterday. He seems to be recovering much faster than me, and is in good spirits this morning, where I would have liked to stay in bed a few more hours! He does have a really rattly cough, which breaks my heart! I had to cancel 2 cookie orders for this week, and I haven't even logged on to my work computer yet. I'm also supposed to be running the last leg of the Hartford marathon with DH's cousin in saturday, and she's staying over on Friday night. Ack. Trying not to freak out.

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Liz - have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!! I'll be a much happier PO after today!!!

RR: SRD for running, Swam 2000yds this morning.

NRR: Work, then final project presentation tonight for school. If we get an A, no final, and I get out of school for 3 weeks instead of 2! Hopefully it goes well!

OJ: Great job on toughing it out! It sounds like you didn't slow down too much, and ended up with a decent time. Odd they wouldn't let DBF into the beer tent. Way to rock it out! You're right, not every race can be a PR, but every race can be a learning experience and give you pointers on what to change and not to change for the next one.

taylor: Great job with the morning run, and good luck studying!

lizo: I hope you're enjoying the fall weather! Great job on the workouts!

MA: I hope you all feel better!

NC: Sorry about the food sickness! I hope this week goes back to normal training for you!

Have a great day ladies!!!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: easy 3 on the TM this morning.

NRR: G has his 18 month update in a little bit so I get a lazy morning at home with him Smile This is his most fun time of day so we're enjoying it! I'm trying not to freak out too much about the house buying process but it's hard not to! Still finalizing our offers/counter offers with the sellers. Wish us luck! Other than that, my department was supposed ot have a golf outing today, but with the rain yesterday and all day today it's been cancelled. Which is good because I haven't golfed in about 12 years. Anyway, there is still a dinner after work so we'll go to that I think. Then tonight I need to run to the store and library.

Jewel - Loved the RR, great job! Weird that they wouldn't let DBF in to the beer tent! You had a really busy summer and fall and I think you did a great job training and fitting it all in! And considering the weather and your hip, that's a great race.

Taylor - good luck prepping for the exams!

Lizo - 7:30 meeting?! Yowza.

MA - sorry you are sick and so busy this week! Just do one thing at a time Smile Babies recover so quickly, it's amazing!

PO - long swim! Good luck withthe presentation tonight!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning girls!

jewel great job! I still think you did awesome! I don't like running fulls if they are mixed w a half because everyone does the half so the last half I'm typically solo since in slow. Great job!

PO I have a full wetsuit I figure I rather invest in one that with the full sleeves. It's really not bad. I bought it after tri season so I got a great deal! I hope you get three weeks off. Any update n your dad?

Sassy good luck e the offer!!! I hope it goes through!

MA  I hope you and c feel better soon.

Liz good luck e your work project and presentation.

Taylor I would love to go to Chicago and see the race its weekend!

melrunner

TriR. Rode 73 miles yesterday ad have a 9 mile run tonight.  Longest heaviest training weekend is this weekend than tapering. 2.4 mile swim Friday, 20 mile run Saturday and 112 mile bike rIDE Sunday with a 6 mile run afterwards. Covering the ironman distance in all three legs.scary.

STriR im exhausted. Legs feel like they weigh a brick each. They have fwlt this way for over a week and I already got a sports massage last Monday. Might have to invest in another one this week. Worried because I am physically, mentally and body exhausted. Gonna start juicing to make sure I have plenty of vitamins and energy.

NtriR taking bubbles to vet for follow up and to get groomed. Then running errands and applying to a few jobs.

javw a great day ladies!

OJewel

Thanks ladies for all the support!

taylor - i'm impressed you're running 6 so soon after that marathon. I don't feel like I'll be up to anything besides 2-3 miles even by the end of this week!

lizo - gah, 7:30 meeting. I hope your day flies by!

MA - Oh, no feel better! Did you zicam? I wonder if thats all in my head but I do like to do it when I get a cold. And poor C! I'm glad he seems to be rebounding. I haven't found a spring half - looks like a lot of them don't have official dates yet. I'd love to do the same goal half as you if it works out! CT isn't too far from NY Smile Keep me posted on any promising ones you find!

PO - You're right, all races are learning experiences and I definitely learned something in this one! Super GOOD LUCK vibes to you on your presentation and grade!!!!!

Sassy - Good luck with the house buying process, I'm sure its stressful! Have fun at the work dinner and have fun being at home with G this morning!

Meli - Holy moly your workouts are astounding! Get that massage girl.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a zippy 8 this morning. Wasn't sure if it was going to be easy or "tempo" (when I go faster by feel for part of it - gotta love life without a Garmin!), and my quads were being whiny, but I told them to shut up and get out there and DO IT. ST tonight. Also hoping at some point I will be able to get out of bed before 5:30, so I can get in a longer-than-now run during the week. I guess I"ll wait for the time change. :P

NRR: Work is totally boring right now, but I guess I should be happy with that, as opposed to the break-neck stress of earlier this year. Being back in the office is such a change. Not much else going on..seems like I'm living for my workouts right now and that is fine with me. Smile

Jewel - Great RR! I love your take-away..they can't all be PRs. Sometimes it's just that you dedicated yourself to something for a while.

Taylor - Good luck studying for those tests..especially with your Chicago weekend in the middle!

Lizo - Do you normally start work at 7:30?

MA - I hope you and C feel better soon!

PO - Good luck on your presentation! I think you deserve the extra week off regardless.

Sassy - I'm not good at golf, either. Seems like your house buying project is taking off awfully fast!

Mel - No wonder your legs are tired.. Hang in there, you're almost there!!

monk717

Morning divas!

RR: I ran 6.5 on Saturday morning and 3 yesterday. The 3 was a bit faster than my usual which made me optimistic that I won't be super slow forever. So... my goal 10K is on the 26th and is a night race. I signed up and thought it was cool but then reality set in... how do I prepare for a race at night? I never run at night. Any tips?

NRR: Not much. We've got a bunch of fun things coming up the next few weekends as we approach A's birthday. I love October! Pumpkin patch and Halloween costume (A wants to be Ariel) this weekend and the weekend after we're taking a day trip to Dubuque to the Mississippi River Museum and aquarium for her birthday. My neck is becoming a big pain, literally. I've been getting it adjusted at my normal chiro visits since before P was born but right now its flaring again even though I just had it done on Saturday. I think I'll have to start going more often to get this under control but I don't want to because I'm tired of going to the chiro so much! Its the worst at work because I have two big monitors I think and I can't seem to get them positioned right. I can't turn my head and I have an almost constant headache. Uggh.

LucyBelle

Good morning!!

RR: Was supposed to run with my sister this morning, but she canceled because she's not feeling well. I might go tonight if I have the energy. I went back to sleep after she canceled, LOL. I downloaded the Nike Training Club app on my phone and did an upper body ST workout last night. It kind of lied because it said it focused on arms, but there were tons of squats and lunges! My butt is sore!!

NRR: I'm having the worst, longest case of PMS ever. Where are you AF!?!? Last night I baked myself a dozen chocolate chip cookies and ate 3 straight out of the oven. Gross. Other than that...SSDD. Working on writing all my thank you notes from the wedding. My wrist/forearm is actually sore from writing them all out! And I'm only halfway done!

LucyBelle

Jewel: Congrats on the marathon finish! You're right, not every race can be a PR, and you can never predict the circumstances! What counts is that you finished, and that's still an impressive time! Glad you had a good weekend with DBF, too.

Taylor: I don't know you you people in grad school do it! Seeing how much is involved with CRH in school gives me a whole new appreciation for you students. Good luck with the exams!

Lizo: A 7:30 a.m. meeting? Yuck! I would not like that.

MArunner: NOOOO sorry you are sick! That sucks!!!! And poor little C! I hope you both feel better really quickly!!!!

POrun: GOOD LUCK on the presentation tonight! Fingers crossed you get your A!

Sassy: Best of luck with the house!!

Meli: Your workouts are super intense, no wonder your legs feel like bricks! I think you should for sure schedule another massage. Good luck with the job applications!

Outwest: At some point you'd like to get out of bed before 5:30? Hahaha, my goal should be to get out of bed before 7:30. Enjoy the time "home" in the office and not running around like crazy!

Monk: Sounds like you have lots of fun fall activities planned! I think preparing for a night race would mostly be about eating...maybe a decent lunch with a small snack in the late afternoon?

OK...off to do some work...fun fun fun...