Womens Running

Treadmill Thursday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K on the TM, looking forward to watching this TBL clusterfuck.

TR - when he doesn't want to do something, he says things like, "no I DON'T WANT CHICKEN! SOR-RY!" it sounds like he learned that one from me.

FR - chinese chili

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

ER - Yesterday's snow storm brought in another blast of cold air, so it's a great day for ST!

TR - Wakes up every morning, looks outside and whispers "Another cold day". Not sure why she whispers this, when she tends to shout everything else at top volume, but it makes it really funny. She drew all over her face with eyeliner before we went to the community centre yesterday. I let her keep it on, and she grinned delightedly whenever anyone commented on it.

FR - Manicotti stuffed with Italian sausage, spinach and cottage cheese. Broccoli on the side.

NRR - Need to buy a present for my friend's ds, who is turning two on Sunday. Which reminds me that S is turning two in just over two weeks and I should probably get cracking on the party planning since all I've done is so far is send out the invite.

~~~~~~~

zorbs - The chinese chili looks really good! Something about toddlers saying sorry makes me laugh. I see you did a progression run today. I should really start doing those once in while. It seems like a perfect workout to break my habit of going out too fast.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - 10-12 strides, probably over 8ish km's.  It's supposed to get up to -12C today, hopefully, as I haven't brought enough clothes to run in -20.

TR - had to drag her out of the preschool crying and screaming last night, so I guess she liked it.  They had one opening MWF am, but I'm sure it's gone by now, there were a bunch of people interested in starting right away, I want to see the other preschool first and also afternoons might be better right now w/ DH's schedule.

BR - is so hilariously chubby, especially with her shirt off.  She sits in her little pong chair and looks like a fat old man watching tv.

FR - sweet and sour pork in the slow cooker.

NRR - heard back from company 2 yesterday, and have an interview tomorrow.  Need to figure out when the furniture people are coming w/ my dining set and get the timing of everything worked out.  I'm exhausted, there's too much change and stuff going on, I'm not sleeping well.  Hopefully I can catch up a bit this weekend.

zorbs - you'll have to report back on the Chinese chili.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

rr:  another SRD Because of TR.

br:  is doing really well with the spoon feeding.  Can't wait for his appointment next week to talk about other foods.  I got to sleep from 10-2:30 which is awesome.  But now I feel tired.  Go figure.

tr:  brought me a book to read him last night and it was Jesus Loves Me.  So, naturally I sang it and he says "don't sing that mama". The second time I asked if he wanted to sing it with me.  "No". Third time, I sing with you mama.  So we sang it.  Super cute.  Preschool registration tonight.

nrr:  I'm all nervous about tonight,  I wore a super cute outfit, my best heels, extra jewelry...yep.  No one will be looking at. Me, but it calms my nerves to know I look presentable.  We are going to take him out to dinner afterward.

fr: frozen pizza last night.  Like I said, out tonight.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday, super busy.  Trail runners meeting has a run before hand but I needed to feed the kiddo so I just went to the meeting.  We talked about trail cleanup, volunteering, bylaws, creating a website, etc.  It was fun.  I don't run with most of them very often because they are wicked fast running gods, but they are hilarious.  They met at an Italian restaurant so I was drool over all the cheese.  Convinced DH to get his cables this morning instead of last night.  They are for work so they have to be cataloged through headquarters, he can't just go buy his own.  Stupid red tape.

RR:  Today was supposed to be stair day but my butt hurts from STing last night.  May just do a TM run.

TR:  Speech is coming along beautifully!  Moving on to the SP sounds.  He can say it in isolation but in words he puts an "f" in there.

NRR:  We may be hired today by a man that shot his wife in broad daylight.   Its hard to turn my brain off at night when we are involved in cases like those so I hope they don't have the money.

FR:  Spaghetti and salad.

beckykay

Zorbs:  LOL on the sorry.  Revlon had those scented polishes on sale so I bought a new one, I LOVE those bottles.

Ernie:  Haha, you crack me up.  C's birthday is in April and we are trying to decide what we are going to do for his party.

CA:  Boo on not sleeping well.  I felt like I could sleep forever this morning but alas no. Things to do, people to see.  I wish life would just slow down.

Mere:  Awe on the jesus loves me.  C sang deep and wide for me last night in the middle of the icecream place.  It melts my heart to here little kids sing.

ok, gotta get cracking - my inbox is full.

moxieluvah

zorbs - my kids say things that I know they picked up from me and sometimes it is hilarious and sometimes i'm like opps!

ernie - to answer your quest from the other day, we haven't started a new series to watch, it's olympics time and regular shows are starting to be new again we will probably wait until summer break to start a new netflix obsession.

CA - did you ever hear from company 1 at all? I have been having a hard time shutting off my brain and falling asleep at night.

mer - i missed it, where are you headed tonight? i know how you feel with the sleep thing, I felt so tired with 2 kids, the first year was really hard and is part of the reason we are done having kids. is it too early to count down to summer vaca when you can nap?

becky - crazy about your possible new client. glad speech is going well, DD used to always say a p sound for f words like feet, but seems to have outgrown it.

----

RR - 6 with juan pablo (the bachelor) the drama really distracts me from the TM and actually goes pretty fast

NRR - so my pants have been feeling tighter lately and i stepped on the scale this AM, I'm up 5 pounds, awesome. depresses me, and i don't want to make a big deal about it but come on! I'm training for an ultra and hungry all the time.

NRR2 - hot yoga night! seriously i could just lay in the hot room for an hour and that would be good enough for me, i love warmth!

FR - we did the cranberry pork in the slow cooker yesterday and it was really good

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I am going to adjust some of the spices in the chili.  I showed the recipe to ex-bf, and he pointed out the huge amount of chili (2 jalapenos, 1 habanero, sichuan pepper AND chili oil? omg DH will die) and also the huge amount of chinese 5 spice.  I imagine S's whispering to be somewhat creepy? I can't run steady state on the TM so a progression run is a good way to make things interesting without the difficulty of an actual speed workout.

CA - I forgot how we got B out of the preschool the other day..I think it was the promise of lunch.

mer - why do you have to talk to the doc before starting more foods?

becky - the scented Revlons were LE here so they are long gone.  Speaking of LE, my friend in San Jose wants me to hunt down LE ketchup Doritos for her..it is not proving to be easy.

moxie - hot yoga in the winter is so so awesome!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - lmao @ S eyeliner!  mmm your pasta sounds good!

mer - yay for a longer sleep, hopefully he lets you catch up more this weekend!  Toddler signing is awesome!

becky - seems when I'm ramping up running and/or ST'ing that my butt is in a constant state of pain.  Ugh on the case, he sounds horrible.

moxie - nope never heard back from #1... maybe they are still making up their minds, who knows, I'm moving on in the mean time.  Ugh on the lbs, hard to imagine when you're running so much!

zorbs - DH just picked her up and carried her out.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hoping I can make it happen, my google calendar didn't update so I didn't know DH had a union meeting tonight and I will have to find a sitter.

TR: If he keeps on his current course, he will be an only child.

FR: Turkey sausage and yellow rice last night, after dealing with a toddler I didn't have any energy left to cook real food.

NRR: DH is being a pain in my ass. Furniture is delayed yet again and DH is pissed and said that the store is "jacking us around" when in fact its the manufacturer that is causing the problem. Then he's all "I don't know why we ordered furniture, we should have bought something in stock"- he didn't like the quality of the in stock merchandise and wanted to order it. He says we should cancel the order and go buy something and I told him I did all of the furniture shopping before and that is on him because I am done.  I spent weeks of all my free time, lunches, etc with a toddler in tow taking care of that and I'm not about to start over. Yes, the store could be more proactive with the customer service, but maybe that just means we will buy our end tables/coffee tables and whatnot someplace else.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH was commenting on getting R in the car this morning 'just pick him up and shove him in there" Yeah, that results in him arching his back, thrashing, and screaming directly down my ear canal. That recipe looks interesting!

ernie- R stole my eyebrow pencil and drew streaks on his face the other day.  I did a family party for Reid this year because the thought of doing anything more was too overwhelming.

mer- I always feel better when I look cute. Good luck with registration!  I feel like kind of a slacker for not putting R in preschool but its just not feasible with his daycare being out in the boonies and my work schedule.

CA- sorry about all the stress, I feel ya! Good luck at your interview tomorrow, that's a good sign!

Becky- that is so moronic about the charger. OMG I could not handle your job. I am really bothered when people raid their retirement accounts to buy dirtbikes, plus the whole history with my stepdad.

moxie- sorry about the weight gain. I counted calories for like 3 weeks and only lost half a lb, so I focused on running and lifting and now I'm 2 lbs heavier than I was before I counted calories. WTF!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the weight gain is due to water retention in the muscles from starting a new exercise activity.

runninmer

zorbs - That chili sounds super spicy!  Wow!  Why do I want to wait?  Because I am a freak and feel like I need to hear it from the doctor before I jump in.  I am a worry wart.

ernie - J's two year birthday was so fun.  Can I come over for dinner?  Yum.

CAR - My fear is that J will scream and cry tonight at the open house.  Would only be natural for him though.  Fingers crossed for tomorrows interview!

becky - I deal with some kids that have pretty nasty stuff going on in their lives, but could never imagine dealing with that!  Wow.  I hope for your sake, they can't pay.

moxie - I wear three layers on top just to cover my huge stomach pooch.  Isn't gaining weight while training natural?  Tonight is Preschool open house.  We haven't mentioned it to J yet.  I want to try hot  yoga. I love being warm too.  Cold makes me cranky.

spike - My IL's have a hell of a time with furniture companies.  But you are right about the responsibility.  I hate when I work really hard on something, then something happens and DH gets all mad.  Frustrating.  The ONLY reason Preschool will work for us is DH's work schedule and having MIL available.  Although, she bailed on taking both boys to J's Y class yesterday which is frustrating.  I don't get why they can't do it.  I took both boys twice a week when I was on leave.  Suck it up and do it.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

Zorbs:  Ketchup Doritos?  interesting!

Moxie:  LOL, I am not training for an ultra and still have that problem Wink  Yeah, his therapist said that was the whole problem - he should have out grown most of his issues but hasn't.

CA:  My glutes are lazy so they rarely get sore, so not used to it.

Spike:  Cancel the order and buy everything from IKEA.  Make DH put it all together Wink  So yep, it is our case now.  I'm pretty sure he's claiming PTSD made him do it.

OH!  I forgot from yesterday - I dropped off at the Y childcare.  You have to be under 5, which he is.  The workers are like uh, he can't come in here.  I told them I was pretty sure he met the age cut off to which they replied that he was really tall for his age.  NO ONE has ever said that about him so it made me feel good. He's always been a shrimp.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - ugh on the furniture, that's frustrating, I hope they get their crap together and you get your furniture.  It's so much harder to schedule looking at stuff with kids, we had one afternoon without kids to pick out our dining set.

Interview #3 with company #3 is now scheduled for next tuesday!!  I'm hoping tomorrows brings an offer, bc I like the location and size of company more.  I really want to be able to drive to work, it'll save me an hour a day on the train.