Womens Running

Totally Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 331 times)

I finally signed up to post on this forum.  I was just getting the hang of the new RWOL, 

NRR: 8 days til I (hopefully) get the ok to run again!

KR: DD is tracked out for the month of December so she's been hanging out with my parents, I am so thankful they live close by!

Zorbs: my DS is a carb addict, I usually toss in some good stuff and once he's polished off the noodles I make him stay until he gets at least some of the good stuff.  Your sleep (or lack of) would kill me, just after I killed everyone around me.

Runnergirl: I am spending the afternoon home as well.  Going to get the lights on the trees without any 'help' from the little people..

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - lmao @ your "lutes" gotta love autocorrect. Since mombie is just an acquaintance and I would not even classify her as a friend, I posted, "why? WHY?!"  Apple products and this forum don't seem to get along.

jen - I haven't tried the squeezy packets, out of fear that B wouldn't eat those either.

mer - bermy will hopefully be by today, I gave her the link to this forum last night. No, this woman is definitely mombie.  I get the feeling that she is a lonely SAHM who plays Farmville all day in between playdates, story time, everything is all about the kids 100% of the time.  I just wish she posted more statuses, so I could submit them to STFUP.

cx2 - we had picked out a daycare, who claimed with never formally committed to the spot and gave the spot away, so we were left scrambling.  Fortunately, my next door neighbour, who runs an in home daycare, offered to take B and he's been there ever since.

jmm - I remember when we lived in SB the ants were insane..sometimes they are here too, we buy those plastic ant traps and they work great.  

simon - I have been doing it for so long that I don't really feel tired.  I only drink 1 coffee a day, 2 if I had a really bad night, but the 2nd coffee usually leads to insomnia..

shelby - I get sick of the same routes too, but then I remember I run pre-dawn, everything looks the same in the dark anyways.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

mer - I laughed at your FB comment yesterday about the big brown bear...oddly I knew exactly what you were referring to.  Sorry about your long day and not getting to see J...those days are tough.  I hope it goes fast for you.  Good luck at your appt I hope it goes well.

CTimes - So sorry to hear that C wasn't eating yesterday.  J always does that when he is getting sick or is sick.  Did you say she had a cold?  Maybe that is bugging her.  Glad she nursed though.  Any ideas of what to do for daycare?  We had to pick a daycare before J was born and toured so many.  Luckily we found one and just knew it was the right fit for us.  I think it will be nice for you to go back to work, hard at first though.

jm - Yuck on the early wake up.  Nice job on the 10 miles.  I run right after work before going to get J.  He can stay at daycare until 6:30 p.m. but I try to get him no later than 5.  I am usually done at school between 3 and 4 so I head out right away and then pick him up.  It is the only way I can fit it in.

Simon - I was just thinking about how I want to get my hair done...I need my bangs trimmed bad and really want some highlights...it is finding the time that is the hard part.  I hope you get your run in today.  Too funny about M dancing...J was dancing yesterday and this morning to absolutely no music...it was hilarious.

Shelby - I am impressed by everyone's running to...including yours.  It isn't just quantity of miles but quality...you are a speedy one!  I don't have time to fit in more than 5 during the week so I save my long runs for the weekend.  I, too, am bored with the same routes.  Where do you live right now?  I am sure Denver has awesome routes to run.  If I don't count my calories I can wait so easily...I seriously can eat more than anyone I know and not feel full.  It is dangerous so I have to find a way to stay in a normal calorie range.

mrszm - Poor C...I wonder if he had a bad dream?  J has woken up a few times screaming...twice it was gas and 1 time we think it was a bad dream.  I hope he is better today.  Yay for some nice UA shorts.  Glad you got your run in last night in shorts...feels so good.  Have fun shopping today.

twinmom_112002

RR: Didn't manage to get anything in yesterday. No excused other than my couch and greys anatomy sounded better on the grey misty day after work. Going to make up for it today.

KR: Boring....which is a good thing.

NRR: I can't seem to find the energy to do anything. Some of it is probably the weather, we have been drizzly and grey for a week now, not sure what the rest of it is. All I want to do is sleep. I need to kick it into gear and start running consistantly again.

FR: Ate healthy all day yesterday and staying in my calorie range.

Patty: That is how I would introduce the food....just keep offering it. Hope you enjoyed your run in your skirt.

Dexy: Those 8 days will fly by. Great deal that your dd can hang with her grandparents while on break.

runninmer

cx2 - Yay for great naps yesterday!  My only suggestion is to look for daycare early.  We had a hard time finding someone who would take J during the school year because they were all full.  I seriously would start calling about 3 months before.  I am a big fan of in-home daycare...which is funny because that really didn't work out for us, but do NOT like how the public daycares are run in the states.  

jmiller - Great job with the run.  Running in the rain takes me back to a run that marathonjen and I did in the rain. Our fronts were soaked but not our backs!  Not a great run weather wise, but made for a good memory!

simon - I love alll these dancing babies.  My hair appointment needs to be cancelled today because of my other appointment.  Gotta put that on my list of thigs to do.  It is funny about the tummy troubles....had it been most anyone else, it would have been okay, just not him!

shelby - Yay for an 8:30 wake up!  That is awesome.  Your FR sounds really good.  Is it easy?  Can you share the recipe?  

mrszm - That is awesome about the shorts.  Those little pockets are the best.  My foot feels what I would describe as "twingy".  I oped for the Toms instead of the heels today as I think that aggrivates things as well.  I ordered my SS gift when J was sick last week.  I secretly keep waiting for DH to tell me that I got a random package in the mail.  I am SO not paitent! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

twinmom_112002

Runnergirl: Very cute about ds running down the path. Pork tenderloin sounds good. I’ll have to make some when I finally find time to cook real food again.

Jen: I totally need a co-worker to kick my butt out the door. Yesterday I stayed and socialized at lunch instead of running. I should have run. My credit card debt stressed me out as well. We are trying to take little bites off it and restrain our spending but its hard this time of year.

Runnimer:  Hope your doctor gives you a good solution to your foot issues.  Ugh about the stomach issues. No way could I fart in front of a former student either.

CTimesTwo: How long until you go back to work? It hard finding just the right fit for our LO’s when its time to start working again.

JM: Enjoy the new shoes. It always makes me want to go right out and run when I get new gear.

SimonSaysRun: Very cute with the dancing girl. My oldest has her dad’s lack of rhythm as well. Doesn’t stop her but makes it fun for me to watch.

Shelbo: Hopefully AF comes and relieves some of the nasty symptoms. I get nausea before my period too and it sucks. Yeah for sleeping in!

Mrszackmorris: tortelli sounds good….

CTimesTwo

shelby - i go back to work in March and C will be a year old... I'm taking the full amount of paid time available.  DH had thought about taking some of the leave but he makes way more money than I would if I went back to work early.  I really don't want to go back to work and leave C ... working from home isn't an option and it's not likely we'll win the lottery.  I'm concerned about C constantly getting sick as well!

zorbs / Jen - we're looking at in-home daycare, instead of a school like setting.  My mom wants to watch C 2-3 days a week which would save us a lot of money but her job situation is up in the air right now..

twinmom - yep it's been grey and wet here too... and it looks dark all day long!

simon - DH never notices when I get a haircut.. he knows when I go and will say, I like your haircut!  But admits he doesn't see much change..

mrszack - today is probably the last day I can wear shorts to run too... boo..

twinmom_112002

CT: We did in-home daycare with all 3 of our kids and I loved it. It was like they had another grandma (she was an older lady) and she still sends the kids christmas cards even though its been 5yrs since she watched any of them.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mrszm - random night screaming for us almost always means sick kid. On a good, good weeknight, I get 5 hours (1130-430) On a bad night I don't get to bed until after 12 and/or unable to sleep.

dexy - how old is your DS? I cannot make B eat a veggie, he'll shut his mouth and/or scream bloody murder.

twin - K get over the killed penguin?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

strollermama

mrszm - You are totally right.  Just getting out there is the hard part right now.

jen - We live in a small town in North Carolina right now.  We live in a gated country club so that is the only place I can run.  It is very rural so I would have to drive 30+ min to run elsewhere.  And yeah, sounds like calorie counting is the way to go.  I think I was just to extreme with it.

mer - Yes, the recipe is so easy.  It takes a while to cook though.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/03/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-recipe.html 

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

SimonSaysRun

superspike.  When I take M swimming I don't use floaties or anything.  Just hold on to her.  When we took her in the lake this past summer we did use a little floating seat.  She really loves to move around on her own (with me holding her obviously!).  Smile

sorbs.  I'm not a huge fan of canned tuna, however, you don't really notice it in the casserole.  It's not the "feature" of the dish IMO.  Smile

shellbyjo.  You're moving?  Yikes!  Stressful right before the holidays!  DH and I are hoping to relocate to the Front Range in the next year or so.  It's seems impossible right now since the housing market is so depressed still.  I'll start interviewing next Spring.

mrszm.  I went 4 months since my last haircut.  Out of control was an understatement for my hair!

jen.  J has his own drummer, right?  LOL!  

twin mom.  I know this sounds crazy, but I would LOVE a drizzly day!  We have had warm and sunny days for I don't know how long.  

cx2.  My DH checked out my ends before I left and when I got home.  He thinks it's funny that I just get a little bit cut off every time.  I did point out to him that it's been 4 months since I had it cut.  

twinmom_112002

Patty: Dh went out and returned the penguin he killed and got her a new one last night. He had to go to 3 different big lots to find one in stock.

simonsayrun: I don't mind the occasional drizzly day but its a major energy suck for me. DH claims I am solar powered. Thankfully we live in so cal so drizzly days are few and far between.

Trail Monster

Morning all! I'll try to get on the laptop for personals in a bit. If I don't make it before work have a great day! Igot my workout in this morning. 1 mile warm up, 20 x 1 minute at mile pace with 1 minute recovery jogs, 1 mile cool down. I would have preferred 2 mile warm up and cool down but Ash isn't having it. She's still sick and miserable. I have to work second shift today so I may not get back here. Indeed to get Ash bathed, fed, and dressed to go to my MILs before I leave. Plus get myself ready and figure out some kind of dinner to pack. Blah!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.8 miles last night with the dog. Wore my new Brooks Glycerin shorts I got for $20, they were super light and comfy- recommend! You know you're a runner if you are out for a run in December and it starts raining and your first thought is "Damn, should have worn a hat" and not "Damn, should have worn pants." Knee/hip felt a tad twingey toward the end, I need to see my ART guy but am trying to wait it out until January when I have money in my FSA and sick leave again. I have spent way too much money on this stupid ovarian cyst.

BR: Was being ridiculously cute last night. Really chatty walking around doing cute stuff. Same thing this morning. Daycare lady didn't catch his potty schedule, so I'm going to give her a few days to see if she can do it, otherwise I may have to abandon my attempt.

FR: Last night was smothered elk steak and veggie brown rice/quinoa pilaf. Really good. The elk tastes very similar to beef, not gamey at all like venison. I think next time I will grill them.  Tonight is something with chicken.  I haven't had much appetite the last few days and have only eaten like twice a day.

NRR: My friend opened a coffee stand and her chai lattes are magical, I would get one every day if I wasn't cheap and worried about getting fat. Got an email from our builder, our plans are pretty close to being done. Haven't gotten any feedback on that house showing yesterday yet.   AF should be here today or tomorrow. This BC is awful- I get annoyed if my DH even looks at me. Last night he goosed me when I was getting up off the couch, I stubbed my toe on the ottoman and flipped out on him. Blerg. I feel bad even though what he did wasn't cool, I just have no desire for him to touch me ever on this pill.

Zorbs- LOL at the beard-nazi mombie. That is ridonkulous. I keep that mombie on my FB for the entertainment value plus its too small of a town for me to unfriend her without causing drama. Woo for sleep, even if it was minimal!  Does B eat sauce on his noodles, or just plain? I have done this sauce http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/tomato-sauce-recipe/index.html  and added carrots to it- when you puree it up there is no way to tell that its anything other than a tomato sauce.

Jen- yay for that kick in the pants when you needed it. Does J have a preference for canned vs fresh fruit? R loves all fruit but he definitely prefers fresh and will eat it until he pops. Having a hard time getting him to eat veggies lately. I promised DH I wouldn't look at the CC details to keep christmas a suprise, all I can look at is the balance :S

Mer- you need to come and run with me and RP, we are terribly gassy- its a good thing we run outside! RP rips loud ones too haha. DH doesn't get to see R on days he works either. It can be really hard sometimes because he asks for daddy, and by the time DH's shifts are over R is used to him being gone Sad  Good luck with your foot.

cx2- R varies day by day with his eating. Some nights he only wants milk at dinner, other nights he amazes us with how much he packs away.

jmmiller- I run with the stroller a lot because of DH's work schedule. If I run 5x a week, usually 3-4 of those are with a stroller- distances up to 7 miles.

simon- Every couple years I grow my hair out to shoulder length, then I'm too lazy to take care of it so I cut it to chin length or shorter. I have a love/hate relationship with my short hair- it is sooooo easy and manageable, but I feel like it either makes me look old or too mom-ish sometimes. I work in a conservative office environment so I don't really make it spiky or funky. I'm thinking about adding some fun color though since its so short it would grow out fast.

shelbyjo- do you have the hormone one?   I am perfectly nice/fine on lower dose BC like Ortho-tri-cyclen, but I had to go on really strong Orthocept because of these cysts and I hate it so far. Hoping its just a couple of months until things regulate better and then I can go back on a lower dose pill.

mzm- sorry the baby (his name is Cash, right?) woke up screaming. I hate that- its so hard to get back to sleep after getting up and walking around at night.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Dexy- How are the girls settling? Did you buy yourself a bunch of new clothes and pretty bras?

twinmom- I hate this blah weather, it zaps my will to do anything but watch TV.

cx2- R goes to an in-home daycare. He gets sick on average about once a month. It sucks, BUT my sister who is a SAHM is having a hard time with her boys now they are in school because they are sick constantly and missing school because they never got all those daycare colds when they were babies/toddlers.

The Banshee- I  am totally impressed with your Ultra running. I don't know how you find the time to do that with a demanding job and family. My DH works in a power plant too (Hydroelectric dam senior operator) and he is totally wiped with the long shifts, long commute, and noisy/stressful work conditions. My one and only marathon time is 5:50:07- I trained for a marathon with TNT when the only race I had done previously was a 10k and I made every pre-race rookie mistake so I bonked big time, but I finished. I have unfinished business and will do one again once I don't have small children at home.

I have to get my allergy shot tonight, I packed lots of snacks in my tote bag, I really hope to get to go to Big Lots! tonight and see what its all about.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07