Womens Running

(Over40) August Weekend (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And post

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off to run. Waiting on Magellan (I mean Hammy haha) to come in. He explores the back yard every morning. Rain or shine. He has to walk the whole thing.

Tessa as it never really rained yesterday. We had a slight drizzle but that was it. Didn't even get the pavement wet. This afternoon and tomorrow are better chances

Laura dh typically mows. I have only mowed a few times ever. I'm not ver good at it. But, it needed done. He does get to trim everything this weekend though. It really needs trimmed.

Carol  good luck with the tri

Marjorie

Good morning!

Marjorie-good to know that the perimeter is safe each day.

Carol-have fun at the tri!

Karen-I think the Run With a Ranger thing sounds fun!

Off to meet long run buddy for 2 ten mile loops at a state park I haven't run in for a couple of years.  Nice mountain bike trail I remember.  I'm bringing a blanket and told her that I may lay on it for the second loop.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You can do it Lisa!

Ran 8.1. Waiting in a repair guy. Dh is taking pups to the pool

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  4 and XT tonight.

Marjorie, nice run!

Lisa, hope the 20 go well.

Have a great weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning campers!  I'm off to volunteer at a local trail race.  It's over the hill from where I am on the coast, so the weather could be warm.  Hopefully not too warm for the runners.  I might grab a few miles on the trails when my aid station shift is done.

Marjorie, hope the great explorer had fun at puppy pool.  Nice 8+ miles.

Lisa, hope your 2x10 goes great!

Damaris, enjoy your workouts.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Hi all!

Thanks you guys for the concern, suggestions, thoughts, etc. yesterday. Made me feel loved . And I did listen.

I didn't make it up in time for the run with the ranger this morning, but I will do that before we leave here. I ran 8 this morning on tired legs (9 last night), then cleaned myself up and went to Pilates. I don't know how something that hard can make me feel so good when I'm done, but it does. My instructor is a runner, so she's good at throwing in some stretches that really seem to help. I'm thinking about adding in a class on Wednesday evenings - it's my low, slow mileage day and the XT seems to really help me feel more balanced. They have an apparatus class at 6 and a mat class at 7. The apparatus class is taught by my instructor and seems to fill up fast though, so for this coming week I'll probably sign up for the mat class.

Nothing scheduled for the rest of the weekend except a long run tomorrow. I need to do some cleaning since my sister is coming out the day we get back from TX. And Tessa, great suggestion on paying someone to clean the house, I definitely plan on doing that as we get closer to selling. DH has actually been really good at taking on the bulk of the "get the house ready to sell" chores. He's done a ton of yard work and has taken on the hiring of contractors for stuff we've decided it would just be easier to pay to get done than do ourselves. He finds them, hires them, and works from home when they're here. It has been a big relief for me not to have to worry about that stuff.

Marjorie, Hammy is too funny. Jake has started walking the perimeter in the morning. Max (dog before Jake and world's most perfect dog) always did that, but it's a recent thing for Jake.

Lisa, hope the trail was enjoyable.

Carol, enjoy the tri!

Gatsby, when we lived in CA we lived out in Concord. Now THAT was over the hill warm. People would come out to visit and we'd tell them to grab a sweatshirt or jacket before we left to go sailing or out your way and they'd look at us like we were crazy. Anyway, have fun. You do a good bit of volunteering. On behalf of runners everywhere, thanks!

Damaris, have a great weekend.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The funny thing with Hammy is being a Basset he gets distracted with the power nose so his back yard explore can take forever. He even will lay down sometimes Then realize he isn't done yet.  Silly boy.

Dh says he did great at the pooL. I could have gone since the repair guy didn't get her until almost noon. But, if I'd gone he'd have gotten here while we were gone. Easy repair. But we had them do it since warranty. Took less the 10 min.

Karen pilates is hard but designed to make you feel good later. I always run better after Pilates.  I think it just balances everything.

Gatsby by good for you volunteering. Hope it wasn't too hot

dh did the trimming. It really needed it. He hadn't done it in a long while so I'm glad he finally did it. Looks better.

Marjorie

Ended up doing 12.25 this morning.  I really like this highly technical trail (apparently mountain bikers rate it a black course which is like a black diamond ski run) but I also remember how hard it is on the feet.  Lots of sharp ups/downs and lots of switchbacks.  So many rocks make for sore bottoms of feet and that is with Cascadias on!  Funny to have 2 guys pass up going other direction and them to say "Are you Lisa and Katie? Why aren't you at Island Lake?"... um... who are you? Just other ultra/trail runners I guess that we must be connected with.  A bit freaky though all the same.  Did part of the hiking trail too to get some extra miles.

Done and a couple of women heading out asked us about North Country (I was wearing the hat).  I think we gave them some good info.  Then another woman stopped me and asked if I thought the mountain bikers out there would be annoyed if her and her husband went out with their two kids on it.  "Two kids? how old?"  "daughter is 5" "NO, you shouldn't ride this with small kids"  Probably saved some freak out moment there and possibly a trip to the ER.  Course that had us running just under a 14 min/mile pace on average and left me with sore bottoms of my feet is not one for 5 year olds who have just taken off their training wheels.

Catching up on some work, doing some housework and hanging out for rest of day.

Have a good rest of day ladies!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Nice run!  Made me chuckle about your Hammy out exploring the perimeter Smile

Gatsbybird - So great on all the volunteering you do for races!  Hope you get some miles in .

Karen - Nice run, and hope you got to Pilates!

Damarias - What kind of XT for you tonight?

Lisa - Nice job on the trails!  Good of you to warm that family not to take their kiddo's out there.  Sounds like you are a trail celebrity!

LCruns - I am not familar with 25k you are doing up north....sounds fun though!

Had a great time at the Tri today!  Ended up 1st AG, and there was even an 2nd/3rd so that counts in my book! (not sure how many past that tho),  Such a fun atmosphere!

Carol

LC Runs

Hey Everyone!!

Short 3.1 miles this morning, had to be at the park at 8:00 to help with parking for our annual Art Fair.  I was there for 4.5 hours then back for a 3 hours at the soccer booth.  Two shifts tomorrow, too, I am pooped!

I forgot to mention, my oldest DD was in our local Miss Victorian program this week, she was awarded 1st runner up, which netted her a $500 college scholarship.  It's not really a beauty pageant, but the girls dress in Victorian dresses and to a historical presentation about our town, as well as a talent competition (she played the piano).  Anyhow, proud momma here!

Hi Marjorie, hope you had a good run!  My BF mowed today, he does a nice job with the lawn so more power to him ha ha

Lisa - sounds like a fun run, enjoy

Damaris - nice 4 and XT!

Gatsby - hope you had fun volunteering!

Karen - the class sounds fun, cross training is always good, I need to get back into doing more of it.  Did you ever tell your job about the upcoming move?

Carol - great job at the Tri!!  I think this is only the second year for the race.  There is a 25k as well as a relay 15k/10k and a 5k.

Hope you all have a great evening, gonna be an early one for me!

camille2

Carol, congrats on AG and on finishing a Tri!  Impressive.

lisa, that was a great autocorrect story.  Mine usu just make no sense at all.  Sounds like a nice trail run.

Karen, it's very nice that you hubby is taking care of so much house stuff.  You have enough going on.  Good luck with the house hunting.

marjorie, Hammie sounds like such a cutie.

DR, are u feeling back to normal?

Gatsby, have fun at the race. I hope u get a chance run, too.

I finally tried PiYo Thursday and enjoyed it. Inner thighs were sore yesterday so it seems I need it. I walked yesterday and may later today.

I'm sitting in the RV at the lagoon in Homer watching what must be a Circle of Hell for fishermen.  : ). Nice silver salmon are jumping everywhere, but aren't hitting lures. I tried about 2 1/2 hours.  These fish are having a big last party-body surfing, tail dancing, leaping...great fun to watch.   I'm going to get set up to fish with herring (like the guys catching) before tide comes in tomorrow.

I've been providing God a bit of entertainment myself the last few days as I've tried to get equipped to fish on my own. I haven't  done much in years and have spent much more time messing with equipment than fishing.  Learning!  Now to see if I can catch anything without a guide. : )  today's score-0

Docket_Rocket

Camille, I feel OK but my paces are super slow now.  I am back to normal, just slower, ha.

Did the 4 miles on the TM since it was still 100F at 6pm (still 96F NOW at 11pm, sheesh) and did a HIIT 20 from Turbo Fire (kickboxing drills).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good evening!  Had fun at the race today.  Saw several RC buddies who were doing various distances.  Was hot but a lot of the course is shaded by trees and there was a breeze at the top of the hill, so could have been much worse.  I got in a 12.4 mile run by volunteering to sweep part of the course after the aid station closed, so that worked out well for them and for me.

Karen, it's probably over 100 in Concord these days.  I think it's too hot if it hits 70, haha.  Sounds like the Pilates is doing going things for you.

Marjorie, of course the repair guy would have come the second you stepped out, had you gone to puppy pool today.  Good thing it was something easy to repair.

Lisa, nice 12.25 technical trail miles!  My feet are sore now too, from my run this afternoon.  Taking a 5 y/o out on any mountain biking trail, much less a black diamond trail, is a very bad idea.

Carol, congrats on the AG win!  Sounds like a fun day.

LC, that's really neat that your DD won a scholarship!  Any pics?

Camille, I bet those salmon were laughing at the fishermen (or is that fisherpersons, to include females?).  Good luck with your own fishing exploits.  Sometimes the prep and getting gear together is at least as much fun as the activity.

MTA: Damaris, those are just crazy temps!

Hello to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Good Morning!  5.2 miles for me, what a gorgeous morning   Heading out in about an hour to pick up my son and go back to the Art Fair for soccer shift #2 lol.  Music Booster booth this afternoon

Hi Camille and Damaris!!

Gatsby - thanks for the kind words.  I do have pics but I can never seem to post them on this site