Womens Running

Taking on Tuesday DIVAS (Read 14 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 3 miles after C's morning nap!

NRR: C slept straight through from 8-almost 7 for the first time ever!! Sweet! I feel like a new woman! Must be from working so hard to crawl and sit up all day yesterday Smile He's SO close to crawling. Basically he can get anywhere he wants to by rolling, spinning and scooting. It's so cute to watch him scheme how to get somewhere. Anyways, enough baby talk :P today we are hanging out and then going to my grandparents for dinner. I may squeeze in a chiro visit first if I can.

Jewel - Happy marathon week!

Taylor - I'm sorry your marathon didn't go as planned. I agree with Sassy, you had/have so much going on!

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!!

RR: I was going to get up to swim this morning, but decided an extra 1.5 hours of sleep was still worth it. Today is a SRD for running.

NRR: It's going to be a crazy next 2 weeks! I have to get through all my school stuff and this huge week for work next week. After that I'll get a break for 2 weeks from school at least!

MA: Wow, that's great getting to sleep through the night!

NC: Sorry your trip got cancelled. You always seem to have so many fun hiking trips.

Meli: I'm doing another tri, just a sprint, in 3 weeks with an ocean swim. Question for you: I haven't done an ocean swim tri before. Do you have any advice for what to do? I'm going to swim in the ocean a few times before the race. Hopefully the water won't get too cold by Oct 20th as I don't want to wear a wetsuit for a 400m swim!

Have a great day ladies!

gsdrunner

MA: Congrats on C's milestone! Extra sleep is always great!!!

PO: Congrats on your race! Love the FB pic of you on your bike!

Taylor: Great job on the marathon. Sorry you didn't PR or BQ. You still fought thru and crossed the finish line. WEll done!

RR: Nothing yesterday.  Already put in my 5 miles with 16 lbs, then did some incline work (10% to 20% incline) with the weight on.

NRR: Not too much... in a weird place emotionally but working through it. It seems to help to throw myself into cleaning and working out to sort through it. So, I have been doing so. M is great. A little rough night on Sun into Mon.  Other than that, just getting the house ready for our  trip. I hate coming home to a messy place and unclean sheets. We are heading to the zoo today... with DH. So, exciting!

Have a great day!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR: last night I went back to spin class for the first time in 6 years! LOVED it! However, I'm so sore (in places I didn't know could be sore) Joking

NRR: TV has been broken for about 2 months. It's been at the repair shop. Finally picking it up tonight!

MA: I can't believe C is almost crawling! love all the adorable pics on FB!

PO: congrats on your tri! You are amazing!

Gsd: way to go on your run!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: 7 easy, boring treadmill miles this morning. I had a weird hip flexor pain on Saturday after my long run. I stepped out if the car and it hurt really bad, and I had a hard time walking. After icing and foam rolling it got better, so I think I just tweaked some tired and tight muscles. It's still a tiny bit sore, but doesn't hurt to run and actually feels better after foam rolling my it band and piriformis. Just need to keep an eye it.

NRR: just trying to make it through the days single parenting. g really misses his dad and is totally aware of his absence. He keeps saying "daddy work?" Anyway also really busy in the lab this week and trying to get pre-qualified for a loan but can't get in touch with the mortgage banker my realtor recommended. I might call someone else if I can't get them today.

MA - great news about C sleeping so long! I hope it continues! G was close to crawling this time last year so I bet it will happen soon!

RLTW - yay for getting your tv back!

Po - sounds like sleeping in was a good idea Considering you just did a race and have a lot going on! 

GSD - I love housework and projects when I'm in a funk. Enjoy the zoo today! 

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

Morning!

RR: Heading out for a run with my sister soon, probably just a couple miles.

NRR: I'm tired. For no reason. Well, nasty case of PMS, I suppose. Running this morning, then I need to stop at the bank, then work, grocery shopping, and then the part of the day I'm most looking forward to, meeting a friend for sushi! Won't really see CRH today since he's proctoring an exam and has two classes, then he's playing soccer with people in his department late this evening...

MArunner: YAY go C, sleeping through the night! That's awesome!

POrun: I think sleep was a good choice! Way to rock your tri over the weekend, that's amazing!

GSD: Sorry you're in a weird place emotionally. I felt that way yesterday. Hope you have a good day today!

RLTW: YAY TV! Friends all night!! LOL.

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: did a good 2.3 yesterday. Glad I did them though it hurt at the beginning. both knees and upper thigh. By the end of it I had loosened up though. and Today I feel loads better. Still tender to the touch but not stiff. Today, did 2 miles on the TM and ab work.

NRR: work day. have several projects that I need to work on pretty seriously. Two of them involve some 3D animating. the other is my ever constant veterans home project that I wish would go away.... some day, some day. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and hopefully not working. I worked an extra couple of hours after I got home yesterday.

MA: yay for a full nights sleep for you and C!

po: yay for an hour plus extra sleep! Smile maybe my body was telling me that I needed the sleep  and so was just refusing to wake up.

gsd: enjoy the zoo! and I agree about leaving the house a mess before a trip! I can't do it!

rltw: I went to one spin class... and never went back! lol. hope the soreness goes away soon!

monk717

RR: Taking a rest day.

NRR: P slept through the night again! I think the sleep difficulty is passed, at least for now. Of course now I start considering moving him into his crib in the kids' room... I want to reclaim our bedroom but I also wonder if we should leave well enough alone for now. I'm feeling really blobby lately... I decided to be OK with lugging around an extra 30 pounds for the duration of nursing, but I'm overeating for no good reason lately... candy, extra snacks, unnecessary extra portions at dinner. I get so hungry at work when I'm just sitting at my desk. I need to just buckle down but for various reasons thats just so hard for me right now and so frustrating. I finally stopped weighing myself regularly but if I was, I'm pretty sure I'd see the number going up. I just go to the point in pregnancy and early nursing where I couldn't handle being hungry and I need to start handling that again!

melrunner

Morning girls.

TriR 8 miles today. Ironman is in 4 weeks!!!!

NtriR first offiicial day in 13-14 years that I am unemployed. I have a massage scheduled at noon and I want to take this week off but do need to call my contacts to see if they know of any possible position.

I wasnt able able to send out my good bye email until 530 yesterday. Bittersweet. I've already gotten a lot f emails and calls from the relationships I've built....

My MIL took us out to dinner last night then I came home and crashed by 9 with Bubbles.

She's doing somewhat better but her appetite is not

fully back. I think I have to change her dog food as well. I had her on Blue grain free canned food and she ate it for a week before she stopped eating because of the pneumonia. Any advice??

melrunner

jewel good luck this weekend!

Lizo sorry about your fall.

Lucy I want to see more wedding pictures!

Happy belated birthday!!

GSD enjoy the zoo.

taylor great job with your race!!!

MA crawling? Slow down watch!

Sassy good luck e mortgage stuff.

PO ocean water is a lot easier since you're more buoyant. Practice a few times but your time should be about 2-4 min faster. We want you and P at ironman!!

Monk glad P is sleeping better.

NC I want to go hiking with you!!!

OWR so excited you are not traveling anymore this year. What a relief.

RLTW spinning is awesome!!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8, my first headlamp run on the season. My quads felt a bit tight but whatever. It will take a bit to feel my legs back under me. Got home to find Miss Fay ON THE BED!!!  Such liberties she's taking these days!!  Anyway, ST tonight.

NRR: Getting back into the swing of things in the office. It is officially too cold for me to wear Chacos to work...well, at least so long as they pump the a.c. in there. I was freezing yesterday. I think I'm going to buy new pillows for my bed tonight, too.

MA - Wow I bet you feel amazing! That's your best sleep since C was born?

PO - Wow, yeah an extra 1.5 hours of sleep is a precious commodity.

GSD - Gah, the emotions! Tell me about it! Sometimes life is too much of a roller coaster.

RLTW - Glad you had fun at spin!

Sassy - I love that you and D are moving forward with a house. I need to get on the stick about finding a new apartment...but there's not much I can do to make places available. I feel like I missed the good ones while I was working this summer. :/

Lucy - When are you and CRH taking your honey moon?

Lizo - Dang, I was hoping you could catch a break at work.

Monk - Good luck with the hunger/eating thing. It is a struggle.

outwestrunner

Meli - Thanks! I'm glad to be home, too.   Re: Bubbles and the dog food..I wouldn't necessarily change her food again until you are positive she won't eat it. Switching it too often leads to them not wanting it at all.   I was thinking of you on my run today. I hope your transition from work went as best as it could be. Now onward and upward to something better!

lizo_77

mel: good luck as you go through this life transition! scary! I hope bubbles gets better. I honestly don't know except pampering. Maybe see if you can find some other food samples that she might be willing to try out. I bet she has no appetite.

Sassy: awww. that's sweet that G is aware of your DH's absence. good luck with the lab work and the single parenting!

lucy: boo about the PMS! hugs girl!

Monk: ya for P sleeping through the night! as for the snacking... I'm trying really hard to have just healthy snacks around me at work. My downfall is when there is some kind of "birthday" or "celebration" and I just can't resist the treats that come with them.  good luck!

outwest: sounds like our cat. Smile lol. so annoying though! I just charged my headlamp for the season too! hope the run went well. way to get the 8 done.

NorCal

Good Morning (or afternoon for some of you!) Late check in for me!

RR. Thinking I'll take today as an USRD. Sad My right calf is just sore, sore, sore and being 3 weeks from a half, followed by another half 2 weeks after that, followed by marathon training, I just can't take any chances on causing an injury.

NRR. Monthly billing today, which I kind of hate! But it's how we make money! Just too much time at the computer for me!

Personals in a bit! Only allowing myself small breaks from work today. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34