Womens Running

Too Much Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

We could have a bit less of Tuesday and go to Wednesday...

Judy-hope the first day back went well!

Camille-my hills are little Michigan mountain bike hills, not mountains in the least but still I have walked most of them in the past so that did feel good to be able to keep my slow chugging pace and not switch to walk on them.  what doesn't get done, doesn't get done.  don't stress over it.

Carol-ugly sweater run sounds fun although a bit uncomfortable to do and watch.  The Huff is December 20. Link takes you to the page.  I have a hotel room rented for Katie (not DD) on Friday night.  I'd share a bed with you.... They also have a 25k. 50k medal can be worn as a buckle but that seems wrong... buckles are for 100 milers.

Marjorie-hope the visit with dad goes well.  will wife be with him as well?

Gatsby-you are there for your BQ.. now you just need to find the right race to do it at!  kudos to dh for his support too!  enjoy and rest after that hard effort!!

Sue-great prizes for you!!!  that is a big step for BF.. congrats!!

Ginny-have fun together on your drive/shopping/pickup trip!  Don't feel bad about not feeling guilty.  Look at this time, which you know you hit each year, as your off-season and embrace.  Do the weights (not put on the weight) and other workouts, give running parts a break.  Beats beating yourself up over it.

Camille- vent away!  you are thinking of your mom and all parties involved when you bring in help.  Enjoy the time with mom vs making it a chore.  He can always go as much as he wants of course but now he will know that some of the work will already be done and can use his time more to visit.  Will also help mom not feel so guilty about kids (not that some do) and will give her someone else to visit her.

Tessa-my hills are not your hills but it was an improvement.  Starting in February I am going to be doing lots of step climbing and treadmill at incline walking to get ready for Leona Divide.

Off to the gym!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

First day back did go well, Lisa.

Camille2, you can vent any time you want. We are here to listen.

Monday I did a 45 minute track run, then did 25 more cardio when I got home.

Today I plan a track run and cardio when I get home. This is my first day back at work for a while so I’m getting back to my regular exercise schedule.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, glad we are at Tuesday, I am always so happy when Monday is over lol

Lisa - yes, Wed is even better!  Enjoy the gym this morning

Good Morning, Judy!!

3.5 on the TM this morning.

Have to try and catch up on the thread, hope all is well

camille2

Thanks for the encouragement to vent, but  I'll spare you most of it.   My mom has  depended  on us  an excessive amount (an unbelievable amt.) since we became young adults and that bro has a caregiver/martyr thing going on.  I think he's a good guy, but he can't seem to be reasonable about this, at least how I define reasonable. : )  If he sabotages this caregiver, he can stay there. It's his choice. My problem is resisting the southern mother guilt.

Lisa, progress is progress.  It sounds like you have a good plan for Leona Divide.

Sue, an over all win!  Wow! congrats!

Judy, are you feeling better?

Gatsby, it's so exciting that you may try for Boston!  If Karen thinks you can do it, I'm pretty sure you can.

Marjorie, I hope you have a good week traveling.  I could sure use you at my house to make it look pretty. I got my broken x-mas tree stand welded yesterday and will try to get up  today. That way I can have lights, but will save putting on ornaments for DD's visit.

Ginny, my DD has commented a few times since my dad first needed care that being an only has some advantages. You'd prob. be able to do a short race. It hasn't been that long since you've run some.

Karen, I'm glad you felt good during the race. Your great fitness level carried over. I hope you feel better today! It sounds like work has been super busy.

Shadow and Laura, hi! Check in when you can. No personals needed.

Hi, Carol!

Waves to anyone else.

My little experiment of running frequent short segments (usu 2) with higher daily miles was interesting.  I ended up with 36 , which I couldn't have  managed with longer runs.  My legs were a little tired yesterday, but seem OK today and my hip feels OK.  I hope to get 30 for the team this week. It felt too easy to be good training, so it won't be a long term plan. I'd better get with it. Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Lisa - thanks for the offer for  "bed sharing" at The Huff...I wish I could go Sad((   sounds like a great training plan for Leona Divide.  I know our bleecher work outs seemed to really benefit us at our R2R!

camille - Vent away....too bad there is stress when you are "home"....I'm sure Alaska is much better!   Great job on the miles.

Laura - Do you have snow???

Had a fun time at the Ugly Sweater run Smile   They had a rep from Saucony, so they had some shoes to demo for the run!  I wore a pair of Rides for the run....I liked them!  Then out to a fun dinner with RB's.  Took the day off today to do some "marathon" christmas preparation.

Hi to all that follows!

Carol

Crappy whiny day!  OMG---last night DS2 was in the bathroom and flushed the toilet and watched the toilet paper holder go down!  He must have knocked it loose, it popped off and flushed!  He was studying for a test and forgot to tell us.  A few flushes later......something was not right.  He and BF drained and removed toilet.  They tried to snake it, but apparently the paper holder was lodged inside the ceramic channel.  Ugh.  Gave up and went to Lowes for a new one.  They installed the new throne before bedtime.  I ran out of fabric for a present, tried to wind some expensive yarn that the previous foster dog ate--it is in about 20 pieces.  ;( , and BF has surgery scheduled for Thursday--heart ablation which is nerve wracking enough, but it is the same day as my final online webinar that I will have to catch the next time it is offered.  Sad  I am coming down with a cold.  DON'T GO TO CHURCH WHEN YOU ARE SICK!!!  YOU WILL INFECT PEOPLE LIKE ME!!  To top it off, I got on the treadmill this morning and my hip and knee hurt so bad I had to bag my run.

Whine over!!  Thank you.  BF thinks it is him.  It's not, I'm just whiny.  I knew y'all would understand.  I should go home before I infect others, but we drove to work together....stuck here till lunch.   ;(

I think I will just close my door and knit.

Anonymous Guest

Susan, you poor girl! You are indeed having a crappy time. I would send you a virtual hug but I don't want your cold germs.

Lisa, Huff is soon! I have heard good things about that race. I hope the weather is good for you guys.

Camille, I know I've vented here more than once and it does make you feel better, so vent away. Better bitch to us than say something to a family member or friend you may regret later. As for your running, it sounds like what you're doing is getting you more mileage without injury, so I'd say it's working pretty good. Maybe a good way to build some base mileage.

Carol, demo shoes? That does sound fun.

Judy, I am starting to look forward to the day that I don't have a "first day back" for work. I'm glad I'll still be working once we move, but I don't think I'll do it for more than a couple years before I decide to retire.

Laura, consistent as always. Are you still streaking?

I'm feeling better today. We have a crisis in one of my programs and I'm so glad my boss hasn't retired yet and can help me through it. We have upset members on both sides of an issue and need to come to a resolution before the end of the year. One member spent an hour and a half on the phone basically saying they don't agree with the decision made in August meeting (in which they were a major part of discussion and decision) and are considering pulling out of certification program.

Planning on an easy 3-4 (more likely 3) on the TM after work. Walking to the office in 34 degrees and rain this morning got rid of any inclination to run outside tonight. I am ready to move south. On the positive side, my foot is doing amazingly well. Hasn't hurt at all since the marathon Saturday. Still doing the stretching and stuff, but cautiously optimistic.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan/crazysue, I am sorry for your misery! Hope it gets better. I have to admit I laughed at the description of the TP holder disappearing down the drain. Good thing BF and DS2 were able to get it replaced. I hope they did not put a big bow on it and say "here is your Christmas pressie!"

Camille, it does help to say things to people who aren't relatives and who aren't going to be judgmental.

Margaret, I think you could BQ -- CIM is a BQ friendly course, as you know, and there are others.

Karen, sometimes we need a mental health day. Hope it helped.

Ginny, it's not that long until solstice and then the days will start getting longer again. Hang in there.

Lisa, Huff sounds fun, it's just at such a bad time of year for travel and work! I agree, buckles are for 100 mile races. Good plan for Leona Divide. It's a friendly race.

Marjorie, the boys look so cute in their bow ties. Do they get photographed against a green screen and then Santa gets photoshopped in?

Carol, fun testing shoes! Did you wind up buying them?

Judy, enjoy getting back into the routine.

Laura, good to see you. Um, streaking? In Michigan in December? Don't get frostbit...

3.2 this morning, ankle is feeling better. Working on the race report. I am not happy about traffic this week, both days I have just missed the 5:36 bus and had to drive up to an earlier stop and get on the next bus -- if I try to catch the 5:51 from my regular stop I am likely to have to stand all the way in. That bus fills up.

Tuesday is better than Monday...

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon, ladies!  We have been having internet issues on and off today so I'm late.  My Pilates and 7 went well last night.  5 and weights planned for tonight.

Lisa, why don't we go straight to Friday?  Much better.  Hope you enjoyed the gym.

Judy, enjoy your week back at work.

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Camille, nice run segments.  Sorry for the family issues.

Carol, sounds like a nice run.

Sue, sorry about the cold...and the toilet.

Karen, good luck with the work issues.

Tessa, nice job on the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Stopping by with hugs and a nice cup of cocoa for everyone dealing with family drama, cold germs, running funks, weather blues, travel stress, toilet troubles, isn't-it-Friday-yet blahs, and anything else that ails us.  Tessa, forgot to say well done on your race last weekend -- looking forward to the RR as always.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No run. Busy day with travel and training.

Should get a good run in tomorrow.

Lisa yes wife will be there too. I'm sure I will be training her more on fb. I'm also going to want to make sure her fb is very secure. I have a feeling it is not

Camille I agree just vent. And, well, sometimes you just need to make the executive decision,others be damed. I love to decorate etc. I just try to keep it simple. I'm not one to be busy decorations.

Waves. Back to training

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa no green screen. The Santa is part of the frame program they used. The pics were free and actually turned out pretty good

Marjorie

camille2

Gatsby, thanks for that laugh!  It was quite the Monday, wasn't it?

sue, it sounds like you have plenty to whine about. I'll admit to laughing about the commode.  That's a new one.  Good luck to DVD on ablation.

tessa, I laughed abough Sue's Xmas commode present, too.

I'm sitting here smiling now-glad I stopped by.

3 treadmill miles this morning.

Camille-best advice to think of this as if you were advising someone else.  What would you advise them to do? Doubles are great if you can get them in!

Sue-that better not be your Christmas gift!  Well, at least things have to get better now that yesterday is officially in the toilet for you.

Karen-a couple of years ago the weather was (sorry Sue) crappy for Huff with them slogging through a section of waist deep ice water because of flooding.  Otherwise I've heard great things too about the course.  Glad to hear the foot is good!

Tessa-I'm counting on you to talk me through Leona Divide (I'll be busy with the heavy breathing going up the side of a mountain).  Looking forward to hearing about the flora, fauna, history of the event, RD, and assorted usual runners you know.  Truly, I am!  If you're okay with a slow time for yourself I think we'll have a great time (sans great finish time).  You tell some of the best stories!

Damaris-if I could I would go to Friday.

Marjorie-groan on training someone on Facebook.

Edit this to read 2, 4, 6 or more hours!

Lisa