Womens Running

1...2...Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Last one of Januaray and expecting to high low 50's in Michigan.  Hello flooding and ice dams. treadmill for me.

Dinner with dd and 2 friends was good. Nice to hear that she appreciates my input. "I take it for granted that people have been told this stuff." was what she told me.  Some career ideas, followup, interview, networking, getting experience on resume sort of stuff.

DD's team came in 5th overall with best visual presentation. She didn't present but was there as a part of the team.  Nice job for the girls.  The other girl's dad has stabilized somewhat but I have no other details.

Our exec admin at work had very sad news over the weekend that is a lesson in you just never know and how fast things change.  Her 23 year old nephew was leaving the Red Wings game with friends. Rather than walk down  flight of stairs outside the arena he slid down the railing on his rear end.  Remember we had snow. When he got to the bottom his feet didn't plant upon landing. Flipped back and crushed the back of his skull on the edge of  concrete step. Died instantly. Can't even imagine.

Ginny-lots of grandbabies!!  not ready for my babies to have multple babies yet.

ASusan-ice crust here yesterday,,, rinks or pubbles today.

Susan-maybe you jogged instead of walk or run?

Carol-Karen's dh gave us some interesting and violent insight into competititve cycling. I'll stick with non-competitive running thank you. where we all get ponies.

Lisa-I've heard Austin i neat!  fun! great bike ride too!

Marjorie-scary with the purchases.

Cindy-fast!

Tessa-great RR!!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did 45 minutes with a little speed work thrown into the mix. Cardio DVD for 15 minutes after I got home. Still doing short stint of weights on the ball.

Today should be a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Crazy weather here....thundering and pouring rain...

LisaMMR - Nice to have DD and friends appreciate your knowledge!!!  I guess I am just "gullible" as I had heard some of the stories re: cycling being a "dirty" sport...but never believed it.  Would have liked to hear  Karen's DH's perrspective.  How tragic on othe young man falling off the railing....so sad for the family.

Judy - Enjoy your workout and run!

Tessa - How did I miss your RR???

Off to work today.....

Tonight will be a run night - I'm sure it will be a DM night, as rain/sleet predicted all day...

mommymac

Slug of the week award goes to me! The only exercise I got last week was buying a cardio DVD. Maybe I'll do a little strength training today by actually taking the wrapper off.

Marjorie - I can't imagine running near-marathons on a weekly basis the way you do. See above  . . .

Sounds like our group is meeting some real life challenges these days; hang tough and chins up. I know I could use a little change in karma.

I hope to get to Austin one day too; my DD and I met a mom and her DD on a trip through Europe two years ago, and by chance, saw them again this summer in France! They're from Austin and spoke about it lots. Maybe during DD's March break . . .

Sliding glass door being instaled today; need to go tell them I need to get my car out of the garage! (Why would you park directly in front of a garage?)

Happy runs - Carolyn

Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA.  Between my reflux, work, and everything else, I wasn't coming to RA at all yesterday.  Well, I found out what happened with my reflux and it's all my fault.  I have corrected it by taking the CORRECT medication and now my stomach is happy.  I wish I could've done that before Karnel's race but meh, it happens.  I will be finishing the RR tonight and I'll put the link her so you can read if you want.

Short recovery run later today.

Lisa, ouch, so sad news indeed!  Glad dinner was good.  Enjoy the TM.

judyruns, enjoy the track workout.

Bikerchick, hope you get your run in.

mommymac, good luck with the strength training!

Another busy day at work, but I will come back later!  Have a nice day

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Tar Heel Mom

Unleavened Dead

8 miles on a very pretty morning. In the low 40s, colder here than in PA, I think.

Lisa -- How sad about your friend's nephew! Having 2 boys in the same age range I think all the time about the stupid things they do and how they can turn dangerous.

Knit Queen -- I just love Austin! When we lived in Houston, we went there all the time. I haven't been for years but I heard the marathon in Austin (in Feb I think) is a great race.

Gotta run. Lots of work to do plus look at some more houses.

"Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait."

ginnyb

2 miles outside for me this morning.  Again, it was not a good run, but hoping that one of these days I will have a good one again.  Still do not know what the problem is.

Lisa....so sad about your co-workers nephew.  Glad Kaite had a good experience last night.

Carolyn....l have that award many times, especially at this time of year, congratulations!   Big grin

Damaris...glad you have your reflux under control now.

Judy...enjoy your run!

Going to lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in a while...looking forward to it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bad Ass

This is the link to the RR (posted it on the "BF" in RA).  Not sure if you girls prefer me to open a new thread here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/48b2b515851c4051ba0f52e8f70fed30/resume#focus

THM, nice run.

Ginny, sorry that your run was not good.  Hope they improve soon.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.4 for me in the dense fog.  When I was coming back the sun was up since it was 7 am at that point but the amount of people that do not put on their lights was astonishing.  It was still extremely foggy and they were hard to see!

Lisa that poor guy and his family.  Yes, anything can happen in an instant

Judy hope the weather doesn't turn again but it looks like it will.

Carol hope the weather cooperates for your run tonight.

Carolyn it is hard for me to imagine running like I do too.  I'm just a bit nutso I guess.  Tessa runs a lot too so I'm not the only one with high miles.

Tessa saw your RR haven't commented yet.

Amy it was almost 50 when I ran and is in the upper 60s or low 70s now.  Nice day overall.

Ginny you'll have more good runs.  Promise.

Damaris you and me both with the busy stuff. I'm at my meeting but the VP isn't here yet so I'm doing other things.

For the Karnel thing I'm contemplating but haven't decided.  I thought maybe I'd go down town and run to all the different spots that DH and I went with Flat Stanly when we did those for her and take picutres of the leaf in those sites.  That may be a good thing for me to do.  Just not sure if that will work or not yet.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, that poor young man and his family. So senseless. What a waste.

Congratulations to Kaite and her team, and good for you for passing on life skills to DD and her friends.

Ginny, twin grandbabies? Congratulations! Wow...5 plus one each from previouis relationships? Full house!

Judy, enjoy your track run.

Hi Carol!

Carolyn, the DVDs work better for fitness if you take them out of the wrapper and put them in the player. They work better still if you actually move along with them!

Damaris, glad you figured out the meds.

Amy, good luck on house hunting.

Marjorie, amazing how many people forget to put on their lights -- especially if they go to the gas station and then head for the freeway. People, just because you can see your dashboard because you have your parking lights on does not mean your headlights are on.

4 this morning with running neighbour and her DH. I am slow today. She stayed with me. Her DH ran ahead. We thought he would be long gone, but when we turned the last corner he was waiting for us, a little sheepishly. Guess who had the house key?

More miles planned for the gym today.

Happy runs!

ginnyb

"For the Karnel thing I'm contemplating but haven't decided. I thought maybe I'd go down town and run to all the different spots that DH and I went with Flat Stanly when we did those for her and take picutres of the leaf in those sites. That may be a good thing for me to do. Just not sure if that will work or not yet. Marjorie"

I think I am going to run a route that Karnel , Lisa and I ran one summer here in Sandusky.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Knit queen

Knit Queen

hi ladies,

Just a quick note from me,  Went to the gym this am and did XX bike,  Called my best friend long distance to thank her for the birthday gift she sent me,  She had been waiting on hearing about a job she really wanted,  She didn't get  the job.  she was really upset,  Felt bad that I couldn't be with her to cheer her up, so I had flowers sent,

Later on this afternoon I did one hour of yoga using this DVD. got for XMAS.  Good DVD.  It is yoga for athletes.

Cheers, lisa

lisa

annieSusan

Even though I don't usually run two days back to back, I could not miss out on being able to run outside today in 50 degree weather. Ran 4 miles, managing to time it between thunderstorms. Temps are falling now and snow is expected tomorrow.

annieSusan