Womens Running

Frustrated Thursday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K progression run on the TM.  Can't deal with the dark and cold today.  I would have run outside if I had company.

TR - awake before 5am having peed through his diaper.

FR - beef veggie soup.

NRR - frustrated over so many things - bad night at work, being constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get a night. I can't talk to DH because I feel like my problems are so much less important than his, so that when he talks about his problems, mine are so trivial that they aren't worth mentioning even though they seem big to me, they are so stupid in the grand scheme of things.  DH says that is MY problem and that he is interested in hearing about it, but I can't talk about it.  I feel like I need a good cry, but I physically can't cry any more either, I just feel like all my emotions are bottled up and won't be let out which makes me more frustrated.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: sorry about all the frustrations. I know that when I'm short on sleep it makes everything else worse. Are you taking Vit D? I'm tired of this arctic weather, and know that can get people down. Do you have issues with anemia?

RR: having coffee and waiting for it to get light out to run 5-6 miles. Had a really nice 7 yesterday after bootcamp

TR: no nap yesterday, but he was good. I asked him what we should name the baby, and he said "purple." Lol

NRR: DH woke me up just after 1 to tell me the furnace had stopped working. Awesome. He called a guy, who got here around 3, and the temp in the house was already down to 49! The guy just left and things seems to be working fine. Thank goodness for space heaters and extra blankets.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Got 2 in before spin yesterday.  I actually felt like it was a workout.  Hoping to run tonight, but it is supposed to snow today so we will see.

BR:  Oh, little man.  Hated sleeping in his car seat last night so he spent the whole night in his crib which is huge.

TR:  Told me to shut up last night.  Said something to DH before bed that I don't appreciate hearing that from my son.  He responded with the fact that he didn't need to be lectured...after my ONE sentence.  I know he feels bad for it.  Interesting because a co-worker and I were just talking about not saying shut up to our kids or students.

NRR:  I said something to DH last night about Downton Abbey and his response was, "well, I guess it will show up tonight then."  After putting J to bed he turned on the DVD player, and I stopped him because we have the episodes DVR'd.  Turns out he bought season 4 for us!  Smile  So we watched the first half of the first episode last night.

FR:  Meatball subs.   Yum.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 16k. It has warmed up a bit, but is still -20C with the windchill, so not quite as balmy as I was hoping for.

TR - She has become the rules enforcer of the house. We were getting ready to go out yesterday, but I forgot my keys so ran upstairs with my boots on and she started shouting "Boots off, Mommy!" Later, I was standing on a chair to reach the cupboard over our fridge and she said "Careful Mommy. Sit down!" Note: her new love on enforcing rules has not stopped her from running around the house in boots and climbing on furniture.

FR - Leftovers

NRR - I slammed a drawer on my middle finger so hard I thought it was broken. Now I'm just concerned I'm going to lose the nail, which will be so gross. A friend and I had a virtual date to watch the series finale of Breaking Bad last night. We were in different cities but cued it up to start at the exact same time and then kept messaging each other throughout. It was fun!

~~~~~

zorbs - Sorry you're feeling so frustrated. I think the super cold weather definitely makes everything seem worse and plays a role in the tired feeling, too. It's supposed to warm up even more this weekend, so maybe a good run outside in mild weather will make you feel better. If you still feel like you need a good cry, I highly recommend acupuncture. The first time I got acupuncture, it was like something opened up and I started bawling about everything that was bothering me. It felt really good! I kind of felt like a psycho at first, but my naturopath says people cry all.the.time. during sessions.

rg - Won't it be nice when spring comes and you don't have to wait around for the sun to come up? Purple is a lovely name, and will work well whether it's a boy or a girl.  Oh no on the furnace, but that is impressively fast service in the middle of the night!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

moxieluvah

zorbs- sorry for all the frustration. Winter is depressing and makes everything seem worse.

rg- awesome preggo miles! boo to the furnace not working, I hope it was a cheap fix!

mer- I like watching full seasons of shows at a time, one episode after another, that way I don't forget what was going on. I will have to check that one out.

Ernie - so fun about the virtual date. Please tell me breaking bad ends better than dexter?

----

rr- 4

nrr- have to go to a workshop thing on grading today. there was a book we had to read and it was all about letting kids redo work as many times as they want and the lowest score you should give kids is a 50/60 rather than a zero if they don't do it because zeros are too impactful and blah blah blah, trying to have an open mind but it really goes against my thoughts on teaching kids responsibility and preparing them for real life.

Nrr2- the ILs want us to drive 5.5 hours for a 3 day weekend at a cabin,there are days when DS makes me want to rip out my hair on the 15 minute drive to daycare I really have no desire to drive that far with him and they don't get it

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - did our hill repeats during a blizzard last night, it was icy and snowy and a bit crazy, but I'm glad they're done.  Easy TM run at lunch today.

TR - told DH she wanted mommy to pick her up yesterday when he got her from daycare.  Usually she's 100% a daddy's girl.

BR - got home in time to squeeze her!  Smile  She's still chewing on her fingers but slept well without drugs so the teething is a bit better.

FR - brought up a mac and cheese casserole, we have a bit of rotisserie chicken left and I'll cook some sort of vegi.  I was planning on a slow cooker meal but forgot to defrost one.

WR - trying to stay positive, reaching out to other contacts and forwarding my resume to everyone I know.  I'm starting to worry that our office will close, I think I'll be the last one in our team out the door but I'd rather not be, it's depressing, the coworker w/ the offer is one of my closer friends here, both the other members of my team are gone after this week, I'm not going to have anyone to talk to soon.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - sorry you're feeling so down, that really sucks that you can't talk to DH, your problems are just as valid as his, but, I can understand how it's hard to talk about them.  Could you talk to a counselor or an impartial 3rd party?

RG - lol on 'purple', great name!  UGH on the furnace, that's amazing you were able to get someone in that quick, and good thing it was fixable!

mer - that's great that he slept in his crib - did he sleep alright?  YAY for Downton!  WE're watching season 4 also now, it's playing on PBS.

ernie - ooo a balmy -20, enjoy Wink  OUCH on the finger, losing a finger nail would suck.  The TV date sounds super fun!

moxie - OMG, that workshop would piss me off royally.  I hope they aren't teaching my kids future teachers that.  For longer drives, I find that a loaded tablet w/ movies helps a LOT, and driving when they are tired Smile

runninmer

zorbs - Sorry I am no help to your problems.  DH looks at me sometimes when telling him about my day and says "I cut grass."  I do have to say, that sometimes it is nice to have a swift kick to realize that what we are going through really isn't that bad.  We have a staff member that has been battling cancer for quite a while.  Every once and a while he sends e-mails with updates and it makes me realize that I really don't have it that bad.  I also read a blog through FB of a woman whose 8 month old died unexpectedly at daycare one day.  Wow...my life really isn't that bad compared to others.  Perspective, I guess.

rg - I thought of you this morning.  The sunrise over the lake was beautiful this morning.  Made me wish I was out running and not driving to work!

ernie - I love the idea of a virtual tv date!  A friend of mine and I did that while shopping once.  We went to the same site and then chatted about what we liked!

moxie - Ugh...sometimes J does that to me too in the car.  I'll be interested to hear about your conference today.  We are always told that failure is not an option and have had some discussions regarding the grading that you are looking at.  I like to just close the door and do my thing.  They didn't do it, it is a zero.  No question about it.

CAR - I hope you are able to find a new position soon.  That sucks that you are losing your close co-workers...they can seem like family sometimes!  It was a normal night for us.  Up at midnight...then again around 2 and DH rocked him.  Up the second DH put him down so I got up and nursed at 3 until 3:30 and then up again at 5 to nurse so I could get ready for my day.  Just another night....  I started DVRing Downton Abbey, but we missed an episode, so DH thought we should have it.  His justification was that we don't spend much money on movies, so why not.

Upcoming Races: 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - wow, I wouldn't even have noticed the furnace being down until morning!  I've been taking 800 IU of vit D on a semi-regular basis, and just bumped up to 1200 this morning. No idea on anemia but my mom has had it before.

mer - but that is exactly it, I know my problems are stupid, but they are bothering ME and I can't talk to anyone about them.

ernie - B will make sure that I wash my hands or take my boots off, or god forbid, do not leave the house wearing PJs! I was sort of looking forward to the warmer weather, but we are supposed to get 5-10 cm of mixed precip crap on Saturday.  When I was pg, I went to prenatal yoga and it made me cry for the rest of the day, same thing as you are describing, floodgates.  Breaking stuff would also make me feel better, but when I was at university, I threw a glass jar off my 6th floor balcony in a fit of rage and it didn't even shatter on the ground, making me even more pissed off.  When I mentioned last night that I'd like to break something to DH, he reminded me of that incident.  Sorry about the busted fingernail. When I got my car last winter, I got my finger stuck in the window b/c I wasn't accustomed to the auto close power windows.

moxie - do you just have to attend the workshop, or are you actually expected to grade that way? I am old school and think kids need to experience failure, not coddling.

CA - I had a number of bad experiences with counsellors and psychologists and am not willing to ever go to one again.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

zorbs - Maybe, then, you need to start the conversation with..."I know this may sound silly, but....."  I do that with DH when there is trivial stuff that is bothering me that I know he would never understand.  Or tell him that you really need someone to listen and not try to fix/respond...just listen.  I think it is all in how you approach things.  Or type it all up and save it just to get it off your chest....

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rr-going to try to talk R into bundling up and doing a screwshoe/stroller run.

Tr- fevers all night and the diarrhea continues. Dh had union negotiations so its my turn to stay home. R is watching The Croods for the 3rd consecutive time (on Netflix), DH had to watch this shitty Delhi Safari movie on repeat with him yesterday.

Fr- made a roasted chicken and vegetables last night. Tried something different and put the chicken on the cone shaped piece of my tube pan and it cooked perfectly in under an hour at 400* on convection mode. Delish.

Nrr- gonna try to sift some boxes if I can summon the energy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs - I feel like I can never complain about being tired because of DH'S shift work. I NEVER get to sleep in as long as I want and still handle all middle of the night wakeups.

Rg- boo on the broken furnace.  Did you find out the sex? I don't remember.

Mer- r has been talking with major attitude lately. Dh is always saying "don't talk to your mom that way:

Ernie- THATS the show I was trying to remember if there were new episodes.  Dh and I need to finish that up now that we are done with Dexter.

Moxie- seriously wtf on that grading theory. I always dread drives but usually R is pretty good. I'm just worried he would have to pee at an inconvenient time.

Ca- sorry about the job stuff, that sounds awful. I haven't run since Sunday Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - hope you can convince R to go out for a run, sounds like you need to have some you time, even if he tags along.  I've roasted chicken like that on a beer bottle or can, it's super yummy.

mer - it isn't that I'm super close with my coworkers, but it's nice to have someone to talk to, otherwise it's just lonely.

WR update - got a call from another company wanting to set up an interview! YAY Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I'm the opposite, I feel like DH doesn't really have a right to complain of being tired, we go to bed more or less at the same time (he's usually 5-15 min later), I nap for an hour almost every day, but he gets to sleep 2-3 hours later every morning.

runnergirl9508

spike- no, we have our 20 week u/s next month, and will find out the sex then. oh no, I hope that R is feeling better soon, poor kiddo. hope you can get out for a good run.

CA- yay for another interview!!! that's so exciting. sounds like your current job is really diving. is the company in danger of going out of business? glad O slept better. yikes on the slippery hill repeats!

moxie- ugh, 5.5hrs in the car does NOT sound like fun. R used to sleep the entire 3hr ride to my parents/IL's houses, but now we're lucky if he sleeps an hr. He's usually pretty good. I bring along a kid-sized backpack filled with crayons, coloring books, small (quiet) toys, and books. Whoa, that workshop sounds really dumb. Goes along with that stupid philosophy that "everyone gets a medal just for participating." Ugh.

Ernie- I can't wait to hit the roads running at 5:30AM! I love going out at that time- no traffic, peaceful, quiet. oh no on your finger- hope it's ok. haha on your little rule-enforcer. ugh, this arctic winter crap just needs to go away!

Mer- I LOVE my sunrise runs- such a pretty way to start the day, and watch the rest of the world come to life. ugh on the shut up. DH and I both agree that we will never say that to our kids. Yay for H sleeping in his crib! Glad you got a good workout at spin class.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08