Womens Running

Wake up Wednesday - Preggos (Read 233 times)

Laura G in Idaho

Just re-read my last paragraph, and realize it doesn't make sense... my daughter LOOKS healthy, but that's because you can't see scoliosis, lactose intolerance, allergies, anti-depressants, and what she looked like before braces.

schmetterling

Tay - Thanks for posting your birth story. Glad to hear everyone's settling in and you can take him to work (though boo you're back at work so soon).

I just wanted to reiterate for breastfeeding (warning: another soapbox) that the more support you surround yourself with, the better off you'll be. If you haven't already, take a breastfeeding class if it is offered by your hospital. There are LLL meetings if you go to http://www.llli.org/ to find if a local chapter meets near you. Kellymom.com is a great resource to turn to if you have questions, along with Breastfeeding USA.

Also, when your baby is born its stomach is the size of a marble. That's why they nurse so much and you shouldn't get overwhelmed and let nurses or hospital staff pressure you into using formula because your body is a failure. That happens so much around where I live and it doesn't have to be that way.

Ask me if you have questions. I say this because I too studied and read up and was doing great til I stupidly took a 5 hour class Saturdays starting when DS was 2 months old. WAY too early. I was forever trying to catch back up. Your supply establishes itself closer to 4 months, so seriously, take the time to establish breastfeeding. I had to supplement with formula and ended up using the Weston A Price homemade formula so it wasn't as terrible as the crappy commercial stuff, but we're still nursing to this day though it's starting to wane a bit since it looks like I'm losing milk around that 18w range. It will come back closer to my due date and if DS is interested I'll keep nursing him. Any bit of breastmilk you give your child is a good thing. Do not feel like a failure, reach out here for help or msg me on FB through our running group cause you CAN do it.

Laura G in Idaho

Schmett is right!  I'm a retired LLL Leader and will help however I can from a computer.  Don't give up on breastfeeding.  You'll be glad you stuck with it.